USB and Level1 Wireless USB Ethernet adapter
Hi,

I cannot get my LevelOne Wireless USB Ethernet adapter (WNC-0302USB) to work with my new computer. The motherboard is Asus M2NE-4 with nVidia 4 chipset. The system detects that there is a device attached, but it has an error: "The device cannot start. [Code 10]". The adapter works just fine with my old computer and with other computers.

All the drivers are installed and it should work. I've heard that it might be a power problem, that the adapter needs more power (self powered USB hub needed?) than the USB port can provide? Or might it be that I have older chipset drivers and the issue has been resolved with them.

The adapter has a led indicator, which used to start blinking when attached to the computer. But now it does nothing. Sometimes (very rarely) when I've put the device in and out several times, it starts blinking but it still cannot find any wireless networks although the laptop next to me finds it. Also the adapter doesn't start working after restart or boot-up.

After attaching the device to the computer, I hear some a quite whistling sound for some time and when it stops then the error appears in the device manager.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

I cannot get my LevelOne Wireless USB Ethernet adapter (WNC-0302USB) to work with my new computer. The motherboard is Asus M2NE-4 with nVidia 4 chipset. The system detects that there is a device attached, but it has an error: "The device cannot start. [Code 10]". The adapter works just fine with my old computer and with other computers.

All the drivers are installed and it should work. I've heard that it might be a power problem, that the adapter needs more power (self powered USB hub needed?) than the USB port can provide? Or might it be that I have older chipset drivers and the issue has been resolved with them.

The adapter has a led indicator, which used to start blinking when attached to the computer. But now it does nothing. Sometimes (very rarely) when I've put the device in and out several times, it starts blinking but it still cannot find any wireless networks although the laptop next to me finds it. Also the adapter doesn't start working after restart or boot-up.

After attaching the device to the computer, I hear some a quite whistling sound for some time and when it stops then the error appears in the device manager.

Thanks in advance.

Posted 09/17/2006 09:37 AM   
Scroll To Top