91.47 - Brightness and Color Problems
  1 / 4    
When I updated to the 91.47 forceware drivers my video playback (in any media player - all using the most current versions) was way too dark. If I increased the brightness everything would have a pink tinge to it. Basically, the 91.47 drivers made video playback unwatchable. I have switched back to the 91.31 drivers. Unfortuneately, I forgot to take a screenshot before doing so.

I dont really care that much. But I thought I would post my problem here just to get the info out there.

Is there a place to report bugs on Nvidia's site?
When I updated to the 91.47 forceware drivers my video playback (in any media player - all using the most current versions) was way too dark. If I increased the brightness everything would have a pink tinge to it. Basically, the 91.47 drivers made video playback unwatchable. I have switched back to the 91.31 drivers. Unfortuneately, I forgot to take a screenshot before doing so.

I dont really care that much. But I thought I would post my problem here just to get the info out there.

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 FX-55
(2) 512 MB BFG GeForce 7900 GTX
2GB Corsair DDR PC-3200 SDRAM
Creative Audigy 2 ZS

Posted 09/05/2006 02:20 AM   
[quote name='GovSchwarteneger' date='Sep 5 2006, 04:20 AM']When I updated to the 91.47 forceware drivers my video playback (in any media player - all using the most current versions) was way too dark. If I increased the brightness everything would have a pink tinge to it. Basically, the 91.47 drivers made video playback unwatchable. I have switched back to the 91.31 drivers. Unfortuneately, I forgot to take a screenshot before doing so.

[right][post="111572"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I have the same problem but with some differences. I have Theatertek, ZoomPlayer,Windows player, VLC and WinDVD 7. When I play a DVD with the first 3 programs all is perfect but when I am using WinDVD or VLC the colors are very dark. I open the nvidia control panel and go to the tab Video and Tv and "adjuting video color", then, change any of the options and WinDVD and VLC shows the right colors. But if a close both programs and open them again...the problem is here. If I revert the changes in the nvidia panel control the colors are again right but...close and open programs...bad again.

Do you know the reason for this?

I am using Purevideo last version and a 6600 GT.

Thanks in advance for your help,
[quote name='GovSchwarteneger' date='Sep 5 2006, 04:20 AM']When I updated to the 91.47 forceware drivers my video playback (in any media player - all using the most current versions) was way too dark. If I increased the brightness everything would have a pink tinge to it. Basically, the 91.47 drivers made video playback unwatchable. I have switched back to the 91.31 drivers. Unfortuneately, I forgot to take a screenshot before doing so.

[post="111572"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have the same problem but with some differences. I have Theatertek, ZoomPlayer,Windows player, VLC and WinDVD 7. When I play a DVD with the first 3 programs all is perfect but when I am using WinDVD or VLC the colors are very dark. I open the nvidia control panel and go to the tab Video and Tv and "adjuting video color", then, change any of the options and WinDVD and VLC shows the right colors. But if a close both programs and open them again...the problem is here. If I revert the changes in the nvidia panel control the colors are again right but...close and open programs...bad again.

Do you know the reason for this?

I am using Purevideo last version and a 6600 GT.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Posted 09/07/2006 10:16 AM   
[quote name='GovSchwarteneger' date='Sep 4 2006, 06:20 PM']When I updated to the 91.47 forceware drivers my video playback (in any media player - all using the most current versions) was way too dark. If I increased the brightness everything would have a pink tinge to it. Basically, the 91.47 drivers made video playback unwatchable. I have switched back to the 91.31 drivers. Unfortuneately, I forgot to take a screenshot before doing so.

Welcome to the club. The only thing that I would say is to disable the new control panel and try and fix the video settings as best you can from the old driver controls. Unfortunetly, I have no idea how to enable inverse telecine or noise reduction from the old CP. This has forced me to go back to the 91.33 or 91.31 drivers; even though, the 91.47 gave me a good increase in game performance.
[quote name='GovSchwarteneger' date='Sep 4 2006, 06:20 PM']When I updated to the 91.47 forceware drivers my video playback (in any media player - all using the most current versions) was way too dark. If I increased the brightness everything would have a pink tinge to it. Basically, the 91.47 drivers made video playback unwatchable. I have switched back to the 91.31 drivers. Unfortuneately, I forgot to take a screenshot before doing so.

Welcome to the club. The only thing that I would say is to disable the new control panel and try and fix the video settings as best you can from the old driver controls. Unfortunetly, I have no idea how to enable inverse telecine or noise reduction from the old CP. This has forced me to go back to the 91.33 or 91.31 drivers; even though, the 91.47 gave me a good increase in game performance.

eVGA 7900 GS
XP Proff
Athlon X2 4200+
1024 MB DDR2 800 RAM
MSI K9NU mobo

Posted 09/07/2006 09:43 PM   
same problem here, tends to lessen for some reason if you have the control panel open while watching the video.

i have SLI enabling problems too, the driver forces me to reboot.
same problem here, tends to lessen for some reason if you have the control panel open while watching the video.

i have SLI enabling problems too, the driver forces me to reboot.

Posted 09/07/2006 09:53 PM   
Same problems since 91.33. In 91.47 even manipulations with hardware acceleration parameters in Media Player can't help.
Same problems since 91.33. In 91.47 even manipulations with hardware acceleration parameters in Media Player can't help.

Posted 09/10/2006 11:37 AM   
evrything in the drivers work fine for me except i lose the ability to watch any video media
evrything in the drivers work fine for me except i lose the ability to watch any video media

Posted 09/10/2006 12:00 PM   
[quote name='nopik' date='Sep 10 2006, 09:37 PM']Same problems since 91.33. In 91.47 even manipulations with hardware acceleration parameters in Media Player can't help.
[right][post="112854"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I experienced the same!

I hope nVIDIA FIXs THIS PROBLEM!!!

91.31 WORKED FINE FOR T.V TUNER CARDS although that driver had its own problems with games etc.

Hope the bigger fonts gets noticed and serve its purpose.
[quote name='nopik' date='Sep 10 2006, 09:37 PM']Same problems since 91.33. In 91.47 even manipulations with hardware acceleration parameters in Media Player can't help.

[post="112854"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I experienced the same!

I hope nVIDIA FIXs THIS PROBLEM!!!

91.31 WORKED FINE FOR T.V TUNER CARDS although that driver had its own problems with games etc.

Hope the bigger fonts gets noticed and serve its purpose.

Posted 09/10/2006 03:13 PM   
I installed the 91.47 and as soon as I started bumping at some annoying bugs I went back to 91.33 BETA, which (unexpectedly) was the first and best driver featuring the new CP that I proved to work correctly in every aspect I tested.

As I heard 91.47 may improve performance, I would really like a new driver with this video problem fixed.
I installed the 91.47 and as soon as I started bumping at some annoying bugs I went back to 91.33 BETA, which (unexpectedly) was the first and best driver featuring the new CP that I proved to work correctly in every aspect I tested.

As I heard 91.47 may improve performance, I would really like a new driver with this video problem fixed.

Posted 09/10/2006 06:45 PM   
Do you want some horrible news? I installed the new 91.48 WHQL that leaked and the dark video problem is still there... :@
Do you want some horrible news? I installed the new 91.48 WHQL that leaked and the dark video problem is still there... :@

Posted 09/10/2006 10:35 PM   
"Do you want some horrible news? I installed the new 91.48 WHQL that leaked and the dark video problem is still there... :@"

Yup, same here.

:wacko: :unsure:
"Do you want some horrible news? I installed the new 91.48 WHQL that leaked and the dark video problem is still there... :@"

Yup, same here.

:wacko: :unsure:

eVGA 7900 GS
XP Proff
Athlon X2 4200+
1024 MB DDR2 800 RAM
MSI K9NU mobo

Posted 09/11/2006 12:04 PM   
For what it's worth, I just bought a beautiful new 7900GTX OC w/512MB (BFG).

I've had CTD's and freezes (had to hard boot) in 4 of my 3D games using 91.47...

CFS3, Jane's WWII Fighters, Links 2003, and Ankh. Not a temperature problem - I checked.

I hope they come out with a new driver soon.... /no.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':no:' />

Rich B)
For what it's worth, I just bought a beautiful new 7900GTX OC w/512MB (BFG).

I've had CTD's and freezes (had to hard boot) in 4 of my 3D games using 91.47...

CFS3, Jane's WWII Fighters, Links 2003, and Ankh. Not a temperature problem - I checked.

I hope they come out with a new driver soon.... /no.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':no:' />

Rich B)

Posted 09/11/2006 07:39 PM   
[quote name='GovSchwarteneger' date='Sep 5 2006, 02:20 AM']When I updated to the 91.47 forceware drivers my video playback (in any media player - all using the most current versions) was way too dark. If I increased the brightness everything would have a pink tinge to it. Basically, the 91.47 drivers made video playback unwatchable. I have switched back to the 91.31 drivers.

Exactly the same problem. I have always used the latest drivers and have never had to go back to an earlier version until now. Watching video was very dark then if I adjusted the brightness within media player it would play for a several seconds and then become brighter. Then switching the brightness back to zero it would appear okay. Basically it seemed very unpredictable so I'm back to 91.33.
/thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />
[quote name='GovSchwarteneger' date='Sep 5 2006, 02:20 AM']When I updated to the 91.47 forceware drivers my video playback (in any media player - all using the most current versions) was way too dark. If I increased the brightness everything would have a pink tinge to it. Basically, the 91.47 drivers made video playback unwatchable. I have switched back to the 91.31 drivers.

Exactly the same problem. I have always used the latest drivers and have never had to go back to an earlier version until now. Watching video was very dark then if I adjusted the brightness within media player it would play for a several seconds and then become brighter. Then switching the brightness back to zero it would appear okay. Basically it seemed very unpredictable so I'm back to 91.33.

/thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe (1303 BIOS)
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+
POV 1024MB Nvidia 7950 GX2
2GB Corsair DDR PC-3200
SATA WD RAPTOR 68.95GB 10,000RPM RAID-0
XP PRO SP2

Posted 09/13/2006 06:07 PM   
I am having the same issues.

I installed these drivers without un-installing the old ones and found the following with regard to videos in Windows Media Player:

- images dark as stated above
- sometimes after a few seconds, the image would go back to normal, other times it did not, even with the same video
- if that didn't happen, having the control panel opened to the gamma setting page and moving the gamma slider would cause the video to correct itself. it didn't matter what you set the slider to, you just had to move it. This had to be done with ever video.

Because I had not installed the previous drivers, I thought that may have been the problem so I uninstalled and re-installed.

Now, the video is dark, and moving the gamma slider makes it lighter howver it is now a very orangish tinge.

So I'll be reverting back...I just hope someone from nVidia acknowledges this issue.

Thanks
I am having the same issues.

I installed these drivers without un-installing the old ones and found the following with regard to videos in Windows Media Player:

- images dark as stated above

- sometimes after a few seconds, the image would go back to normal, other times it did not, even with the same video

- if that didn't happen, having the control panel opened to the gamma setting page and moving the gamma slider would cause the video to correct itself. it didn't matter what you set the slider to, you just had to move it. This had to be done with ever video.

Because I had not installed the previous drivers, I thought that may have been the problem so I uninstalled and re-installed.

Now, the video is dark, and moving the gamma slider makes it lighter howver it is now a very orangish tinge.

So I'll be reverting back...I just hope someone from nVidia acknowledges this issue.

Thanks

Posted 09/13/2006 10:21 PM   
hm 91.48 the shame problem omg
hm 91.48 the shame problem omg

Posted 09/14/2006 12:01 AM   
[quote name='GovSchwarteneger' date='Sep 4 2006, 10:20 PM']When I updated to the 91.47 forceware drivers my video playback (in any media player - all using the most current versions) was way too dark. If I increased the brightness everything would have a pink tinge to it. Basically, the 91.47 drivers made video playback unwatchable. I have switched back to the 91.31 drivers. Unfortuneately, I forgot to take a screenshot before doing so.

I recently installed those drivers and had the same problem. I solved it by switching back to the classic control panel and resetting the overlay colour settings to default. I have discovered that everytime I make a change to the colour or video settings in the new control panel I then have to switch to the classic panel to fix the gamma. I can't fix the gamma settings in the new control panel it just makes things worse as everyone else has found out.
[quote name='GovSchwarteneger' date='Sep 4 2006, 10:20 PM']When I updated to the 91.47 forceware drivers my video playback (in any media player - all using the most current versions) was way too dark. If I increased the brightness everything would have a pink tinge to it. Basically, the 91.47 drivers made video playback unwatchable. I have switched back to the 91.31 drivers. Unfortuneately, I forgot to take a screenshot before doing so.

I recently installed those drivers and had the same problem. I solved it by switching back to the classic control panel and resetting the overlay colour settings to default. I have discovered that everytime I make a change to the colour or video settings in the new control panel I then have to switch to the classic panel to fix the gamma. I can't fix the gamma settings in the new control panel it just makes things worse as everyone else has found out.

Thermaltake Zaser V Wingo
Enermax 620W Liberty PSU
Asus A8n-sli Premium
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
2GB Micron
PNY 7900GT
3 Maxtor 80GB SATA (Raid 0)
1 WD800 80GB PATA
Audigy 2 ZS gamer
Acer 9GLR 19" CRT
Viewsonic 7Q 17" LCD
Altec Lansing 251