NVIDIA RAID without Floppy Drive
Is there any way to install Win XP on an NVRAID without a Floppy drive?
And another question, is it possible to make a RAID over two different size HDDs (80 and 160 for example) or over two 160GB drives (1 SATA, the other SATAII)...?
Is there any way to install Win XP on an NVRAID without a Floppy drive?

And another question, is it possible to make a RAID over two different size HDDs (80 and 160 for example) or over two 160GB drives (1 SATA, the other SATAII)...?

Posted 09/01/2006 11:39 AM   
Nevermind I finally found a good working solution... I found on this site:
[url="http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?p=77224"]http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?p=77224[/url]

It's a post that I've quoted here:

[quote name='Fernando']At least I found an easier way to install the S-ATA and RAID drivers on a NF4 system without any floppy disk and without pressing F6 during setup. I have tested it several times on my system and each time my Raid0 array was correctly detected by the installation routine of Windows XP. The clou: At the end of the XP installation you will see, that the newest nForce IDE drivers are already correctly installed (the other drivers too, if you had integrated them)!
This is the way you have to do:
1. It is not necessary to make 2 different driver folders for your IDE and RAID driver files as Cythrawl proposed in STEP 2 of his instructions (see first topic). Just create 1 folder, name it "RAID" and put all things into this folder, which you find within the IDE\WinXP folder of the NVIDIA driver package v. 6.53.
2. The driver path in the WNNT.SIF should only look like this:
OemPnPDriversPath = "Drivers\RAID"
3. Within the TXTSETUP.SIF the first lines of the SourceDisksFiles section should look like this:
[SourceDisksFiles]
nvatabus.sys = 1,,,,,,4,4,1,,,1,4
nvraid.sys = 1,,,,,,4,4,1,,,1,4
The other sections of the TXTSETUP.SIF should look like Cythrawl proposed in his STEP 3 description.
4. Just copy the 3 SYS files you find in the IDE\WinXP folder of your NVIDIA driver package (nvatabus.sys, nvraid.sys and nvcchflt.sys, I don't know, if you really need the last one) into the I386 folder of your unattended XP-directory. It is not necessary to compress these SYS-files by "makecab" command, if the SourceDisksFiles section of the TXTSETUP.SIF looks like shown above!
5. Make the ISO file with nLite and burn your bootable CD - that's all.
Have fun.....[/quote]

And just search for nLite on google and you'll find the site to download it.
Nevermind I finally found a good working solution... I found on this site:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?p=77224

It's a post that I've quoted here:

Fernando said:At least I found an easier way to install the S-ATA and RAID drivers on a NF4 system without any floppy disk and without pressing F6 during setup. I have tested it several times on my system and each time my Raid0 array was correctly detected by the installation routine of Windows XP. The clou: At the end of the XP installation you will see, that the newest nForce IDE drivers are already correctly installed (the other drivers too, if you had integrated them)!

This is the way you have to do:

1. It is not necessary to make 2 different driver folders for your IDE and RAID driver files as Cythrawl proposed in STEP 2 of his instructions (see first topic). Just create 1 folder, name it "RAID" and put all things into this folder, which you find within the IDE\WinXP folder of the NVIDIA driver package v. 6.53.

2. The driver path in the WNNT.SIF should only look like this:

OemPnPDriversPath = "Drivers\RAID"

3. Within the TXTSETUP.SIF the first lines of the SourceDisksFiles section should look like this:

[SourceDisksFiles]

nvatabus.sys = 1,,,,,,4,4,1,,,1,4

nvraid.sys = 1,,,,,,4,4,1,,,1,4

The other sections of the TXTSETUP.SIF should look like Cythrawl proposed in his STEP 3 description.

4. Just copy the 3 SYS files you find in the IDE\WinXP folder of your NVIDIA driver package (nvatabus.sys, nvraid.sys and nvcchflt.sys, I don't know, if you really need the last one) into the I386 folder of your unattended XP-directory. It is not necessary to compress these SYS-files by "makecab" command, if the SourceDisksFiles section of the TXTSETUP.SIF looks like shown above!

5. Make the ISO file with nLite and burn your bootable CD - that's all.

Have fun.....

And just search for nLite on google and you'll find the site to download it.

Posted 09/01/2006 02:32 PM   
[quote name='AlexDP' date='Sep 1 2006, 03:32 PM']Nevermind I finally found a good working solution... I found on this site:
[url="http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?p=77224"]http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?p=77224[/url][/quote]This method was actual in springtime 2005.
Now it is much easier, because nLite makes the work for you. There is no need to edit any SIF file or to copy any driver into the I386 directory.
Look here:
[url="http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=51140&st=0"]http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=51140&st=0[/url]

CU
Fernando
[quote name='AlexDP' date='Sep 1 2006, 03:32 PM']Nevermind I finally found a good working solution... I found on this site:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?p=77224This method was actual in springtime 2005.

Now it is much easier, because nLite makes the work for you. There is no need to edit any SIF file or to copy any driver into the I386 directory.

Look here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=51140&st=0

CU

Fernando

Posted 09/01/2006 05:49 PM   
[quote name='Fernando' date='Sep 1 2006, 09:49 AM']This method was actual in springtime 2005.
Look here:
[url="http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=51140&st=0"]http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=51140&st=0[/url]

CU
Fernando
[right][post="110908"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I just completed an integrated nVidia RAID1 install of XP pro SP2 using Fernando's nLite method detailed on the msfn.org site listed, and it works fine.
One important thing I discovered is that when you are burning the WinLite (nLite) ISO, DO NOT make the disc bootable in the burn software. I used CDBurnerXPpro (more reliable than Nero, and it's free) and utilized the "Write disc from ISO file" option under the "File" pulldown menu. "nLite" is a superslick program and I highly recomend it for anyone who wants to clean up their dirty windows; I used it remove Oulook and Explorer and have found that Firefox works better now.
good luck
pablo
[quote name='Fernando' date='Sep 1 2006, 09:49 AM']This method was actual in springtime 2005.

Look here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=51140&st=0

CU

Fernando

[post="110908"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I just completed an integrated nVidia RAID1 install of XP pro SP2 using Fernando's nLite method detailed on the msfn.org site listed, and it works fine.

One important thing I discovered is that when you are burning the WinLite (nLite) ISO, DO NOT make the disc bootable in the burn software. I used CDBurnerXPpro (more reliable than Nero, and it's free) and utilized the "Write disc from ISO file" option under the "File" pulldown menu. "nLite" is a superslick program and I highly recomend it for anyone who wants to clean up their dirty windows; I used it remove Oulook and Explorer and have found that Firefox works better now.

good luck

pablo

Posted 09/05/2006 07:31 PM   
I took a look at nLite, and I have to agree... It's a great program for modifiying the WinXP (and even other OSes) cds. But personally I used the way NVIDIA described in the MediaShield User Guide at this link:
[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_28159.html"]NVIDIA MediaShield Storgae User's Guide[/url]

I have to admit it wont be easy for some people to understand and their are easier ways, but I found it quite easy and straightforward.

It's on the very last pages (the very last section) of that User Guide, I'll quote the directions:

[quote][b]How to Build a Slipstream XP-SP2 CD[/b]
[i]Problem[/i]
Create a CD that will install XP-SP2 onto a bootable RAID array.
[i]Solution[/i]
Create a slipstream CD that includes MediaShield RAID drivers using the following steps

[u]Initial Setup[/u]
There are a number of options on how to setup the directory structures. This is just an example and is not meant to suggest other methods are incorrect.

1 Create the following 3 folders:
  • C:\slipstream\XP
  • C:\slipstream\XP-SP2
  • C:\slipstream\XP-BootImage
You can use any directory names and structure you wish to create the slipstream. The names and structure used in this app note are for example only.

2 Copy XP Gold CD contents into “XP” (make sure your Folder Options View tab has [Show hidden files and folders] radio button is selected and [Hide protected operating system files] is unchecked.)

3 Download (NOT INSTALL) SP2 from Microsoft website into “XP-SP2” folder

4 Extract SP2 to “XP-SP2” folder with following command:
WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe –x

5 Run SP2 on c:\slipstream\XP with the following:
C:\slipstream\XP-SP2\i386\Update\Update.exe -S:C:\slipstream\XP

6 Use IsoBuster or equivalent application to extract the bootable image file to c:\slipstream\XP-BootImage.

[u]Add NVIDIA Drivers[/u]

1 Extract the NVIDIA driver files from the nForce package using ‘-x’ option.

2 Copy all *.sys, *.dll, *.inf and *.cat files from “…\IDE\WinXP\sataraid” to “c:\slipstream\XP\i386”.

3 Edit “c:\slipstream\XP\i386\txtsetup.sif” and add the following

a) Under [WinntDirectories] section add:

300 = nvidia\nvraid

This will add a directory to hold the storage driver files.

b ) Directly under header [SourceDisksFiles] add the following lines:
nvraidco.dll = 1,,,,,,,300,0,0
nvraid.sys = 1,,,,,,,300,0,0
nvraid.inf = 1,,,,,,,300,0,0
nvraid.cat = 1,,,,,,,300,0,0
NvAtaBus.sys = 1,,,,,,,300,0,0
idecoi.dll = 1,,,,,,,300,0,0
NvAtaBus.sys = 100,,,,,,,4,0,0,,1,4
nvraid.sys = 100,,,,,,,4,0,0,,1,4

This tells installer to copy all driver files to ʺ%systemroot%\nvidia\nvraidʺ and then the two .sys files to ʺ%systemroot%\system32\driversʺ

c) Now add the device IDs for your SATA controller directly under the [HardwareIdsDatabase] section.

This will tell OS which drivers to load for SATA controllers on your platform.
You can get this information from the file nvraid.inf. Search for “[NVIDIA]” and you should see something like the following:

[NVIDIA]
%CK804SSS%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055&CC_0104
%CK804SSS%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0054&CC_0104
%NVRAID_DESC%=nvraid,GenNvRaidDisk
%NVRAID_BUS_DESC%=nvraidbus,*_NVRAIDBUS
%NVRAID_BUS_DESC%=nvraidbus,*NVRAIDBUS

You will require an entry for each of these lines in the following format.

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0054 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055 = "nvatabus"Add NVIDIA Drivers
GenNvRaidDisk = "nvraid"
*_NVRAIDBUS = "nvraid"
*NVRAIDBUS = "nvraid"

Note: Your platform will likely have different device IDs, so you should modify
your entries accordingly.

d) Add NVIDIA storage drivers to the SCSI preload section.

[SCSI.Load]
nvatabus = NvAtaBus.sys,4
nvraid = nvraid.sys,4

e) Add the message that will get displayed during text setup driver load.
[SCSI]
nvraid = "NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER"
nvatabus = "NVIDIA nForce SATA Controller"

4 Modify hivesft.inf to include the driver files location info into the DevicePath registry key.
This tells the GUI mode setup where to find the driver files. Since this example places them in ʺ%systemroot%\nvidia\nvraidʺ, that is what we use here:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion","DevicePath",0x00020002,"%SystemRoot%\inf";"%systemroot%\nvidia\nvraid"

[u]Burning a CD[/u]

There are a number of tools that allow you to burn a bootable CD image. Here are some tips when using Nero.
• Select CD-ROM [Boot] option
• Select the Boot tab and
  • Set image to file in c:\slipstream\XP-BootImage
  • Select “Enable expert settings”
  • Set Kind of Emulation to No Emulation
  • Set load segment to 07C0
  • Set number of loaded segments to 4 (Very important!)

• Select ISO 9660 Volume label to
  • XP Professional enter WXPCCP_EN
  • XP Home enter WXHCCP_EN
  • XP Professional OEM enter WXPOEM_EN
  • XP Home OEM enter WXHOEM_EN

• Select everything from c:\slipstreap\XP for burning onto CD[/quote]
I took a look at nLite, and I have to agree... It's a great program for modifiying the WinXP (and even other OSes) cds. But personally I used the way NVIDIA described in the MediaShield User Guide at this link:

NVIDIA MediaShield Storgae User's Guide

I have to admit it wont be easy for some people to understand and their are easier ways, but I found it quite easy and straightforward.

It's on the very last pages (the very last section) of that User Guide, I'll quote the directions:

How to Build a Slipstream XP-SP2 CD

Problem

Create a CD that will install XP-SP2 onto a bootable RAID array.

Solution

Create a slipstream CD that includes MediaShield RAID drivers using the following steps

Initial Setup

There are a number of options on how to setup the directory structures. This is just an example and is not meant to suggest other methods are incorrect.

1 Create the following 3 folders:

• C:\slipstream\XP

• C:\slipstream\XP-SP2

• C:\slipstream\XP-BootImage

You can use any directory names and structure you wish to create the slipstream. The names and structure used in this app note are for example only.

2 Copy XP Gold CD contents into “XP” (make sure your Folder Options View tab has [Show hidden files and folders] radio button is selected and [Hide protected operating system files] is unchecked.)

3 Download (NOT INSTALL) SP2 from Microsoft website into “XP-SP2” folder

4 Extract SP2 to “XP-SP2” folder with following command:

WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe –x

5 Run SP2 on c:\slipstream\XP with the following:

C:\slipstream\XP-SP2\i386\Update\Update.exe -S:C:\slipstream\XP

6 Use IsoBuster or equivalent application to extract the bootable image file to c:\slipstream\XP-BootImage.

Add NVIDIA Drivers

1 Extract the NVIDIA driver files from the nForce package using ‘-x’ option.

2 Copy all *.sys, *.dll, *.inf and *.cat files from “…\IDE\WinXP\sataraid” to “c:\slipstream\XP\i386”.

3 Edit “c:\slipstream\XP\i386\txtsetup.sif” and add the following

a) Under [WinntDirectories] section add:

300 = nvidia\nvraid

This will add a directory to hold the storage driver files.

b ) Directly under header [SourceDisksFiles] add the following lines:

nvraidco.dll = 1,,,,,,,300,0,0

nvraid.sys = 1,,,,,,,300,0,0

nvraid.inf = 1,,,,,,,300,0,0

nvraid.cat = 1,,,,,,,300,0,0

NvAtaBus.sys = 1,,,,,,,300,0,0

idecoi.dll = 1,,,,,,,300,0,0

NvAtaBus.sys = 100,,,,,,,4,0,0,,1,4

nvraid.sys = 100,,,,,,,4,0,0,,1,4

This tells installer to copy all driver files to ʺ%systemroot%\nvidia\nvraidʺ and then the two .sys files to ʺ%systemroot%\system32\driversʺ

c) Now add the device IDs for your SATA controller directly under the [HardwareIdsDatabase] section.

This will tell OS which drivers to load for SATA controllers on your platform.

You can get this information from the file nvraid.inf. Search for “[NVIDIA]” and you should see something like the following:

[NVIDIA]

%CK804SSS%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055&CC_0104

%CK804SSS%=Crush11_Inst,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0054&CC_0104

%NVRAID_BUS_DESC%=nvraidbus,*_NVRAIDBUS

%NVRAID_BUS_DESC%=nvraidbus,*NVRAIDBUS

You will require an entry for each of these lines in the following format.

[HardwareIdsDatabase]

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055 = "nvatabus"Add NVIDIA Drivers

GenNvRaidDisk = "nvraid"

*_NVRAIDBUS = "nvraid"

*NVRAIDBUS = "nvraid"

Note: Your platform will likely have different device IDs, so you should modify

your entries accordingly.

d) Add NVIDIA storage drivers to the SCSI preload section.

[SCSI.Load]

nvatabus = NvAtaBus.sys,4

nvraid = nvraid.sys,4

e) Add the message that will get displayed during text setup driver load.

[SCSI]

nvraid = "NVIDIA RAID CLASS DRIVER"

nvatabus = "NVIDIA nForce SATA Controller"

4 Modify hivesft.inf to include the driver files location info into the DevicePath registry key.

This tells the GUI mode setup where to find the driver files. Since this example places them in ʺ%systemroot%\nvidia\nvraidʺ, that is what we use here:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion","DevicePath",0x00020002,"%SystemRoot%\inf";"%systemroot%\nvidia\nvraid"

Burning a CD

There are a number of tools that allow you to burn a bootable CD image. Here are some tips when using Nero.

• Select CD-ROM [Boot] option

• Select the Boot tab and

• Set image to file in c:\slipstream\XP-BootImage

• Select “Enable expert settings”

• Set Kind of Emulation to No Emulation

• Set load segment to 07C0

• Set number of loaded segments to 4 (Very important!)

• Select ISO 9660 Volume label to

• XP Professional enter WXPCCP_EN

• XP Home enter WXHCCP_EN

• XP Professional OEM enter WXPOEM_EN

• XP Home OEM enter WXHOEM_EN

• Select everything from c:\slipstreap\XP for burning onto CD

Posted 09/05/2006 08:28 PM   
[quote name='AlexDP' date='Sep 5 2006, 02:28 PM']I took a look at nLite, and I have to agree... It's a great program for modifiying the WinXP (and even other OSes) cds. But personally I used the way NVIDIA described in the MediaShield User Guide at this link:
[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_28159.html"]NVIDIA MediaShield Storgae User's Guide[/url]

[right][snapback]111726[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I followed the instructions in the users guide, but when I used it, I got an error saying that the line in the 'hivestf.inf' was invalid.
I placed it right below the add reg header.
Was that the right place?? :'(
[quote name='AlexDP' date='Sep 5 2006, 02:28 PM']I took a look at nLite, and I have to agree... It's a great program for modifiying the WinXP (and even other OSes) cds. But personally I used the way NVIDIA described in the MediaShield User Guide at this link:

NVIDIA MediaShield Storgae User's Guide

[snapback]111726[/snapback]

I followed the instructions in the users guide, but when I used it, I got an error saying that the line in the 'hivestf.inf' was invalid.

I placed it right below the add reg header.

Was that the right place?? :'(

Posted 06/07/2007 02:41 PM   
The problem you encountered is the result of an error in the MediaShield user guide, which has been copied in the previous post by AlexDP.

In the guide, Step 4 modifies the HIVESFT.INF file incorrectly. Firstly, the guides instructions are not too clear. Secondly the registry key is incorrectly formed.

I struggled with a similar error for the best part of a day before the penny dropped and I spotted the deliberate mistake :)

I was trying to slipstream the installation and had several failed attempts before I spotted the instructions in the MediaShield guide. When that failed too, I thought I was losing the plot. I had made two mistakes

1. Added a new entry to the file instead of modifying the exsting one
2. Copied the new entry verbatim without looking at the syntax (which was wrong!)

Here is how I would revise the erroneous entry.

[u]Step 4[/u]

Open the HIVESFT.INF file located in the i386 directory.
Locate the [u]existing [/u] line for the DevicePath entry. You need to modify the entry to include the directory where drivers will be installed, by appending the directory path as follows: -

[code]
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion","DevicePath",0x00020002,"%SystemRoot%\inf;%systemroot%\nvidia\nvraid"
[/code]

Save and close the file.

The subtle difference here is that the two elements of the DevicePath are only separated by a semicolon ( ; ). The two sets of double quotes from the original are not required as the registry key is of the type REG_EXPAND_SZ. This is a string started and terminated with a double quote ( " ).

A description can be found here [url="http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/aa906220.aspx"]http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/aa906220.aspx[/url]
The problem you encountered is the result of an error in the MediaShield user guide, which has been copied in the previous post by AlexDP.

In the guide, Step 4 modifies the HIVESFT.INF file incorrectly. Firstly, the guides instructions are not too clear. Secondly the registry key is incorrectly formed.

I struggled with a similar error for the best part of a day before the penny dropped and I spotted the deliberate mistake :)

I was trying to slipstream the installation and had several failed attempts before I spotted the instructions in the MediaShield guide. When that failed too, I thought I was losing the plot. I had made two mistakes

1. Added a new entry to the file instead of modifying the exsting one

2. Copied the new entry verbatim without looking at the syntax (which was wrong!)

Here is how I would revise the erroneous entry.

Step 4

Open the HIVESFT.INF file located in the i386 directory.

Locate the existing line for the DevicePath entry. You need to modify the entry to include the directory where drivers will be installed, by appending the directory path as follows: -

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion","DevicePath",0x00020002,"%SystemRoot%\inf;%systemroot%\nvidia\nvraid"

Save and close the file.

The subtle difference here is that the two elements of the DevicePath are only separated by a semicolon ( ; ). The two sets of double quotes from the original are not required as the registry key is of the type REG_EXPAND_SZ. This is a string started and terminated with a double quote ( " ).

A description can be found here http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/aa906220.aspx

Posted 07/16/2007 10:31 PM   
Hello,

Thank you for the thread, it has helped me considerably.

I have one query though; for the PDF under step 3 part C: "[b]Add the device IDs for your SATA controllers on your platform[/b]".

It mentions to open nvraid.inf and search for the [NVIDIA] section. Here is what I have in that section from my nForce drivers 5.11 (which i believe are using 4.46 version of the drivers:

[code][NVIDIA]
%NVRAID_BUS_DESC%=nvraid,*_NVRAIDBUS[/code]

That's all that's there. There isn't anything like what is included in the PDF?

From my searching on Google, it appears you're suppose to open TXTSETUP.OEM (included with the drivers) under which it has the following section:

[code][HardwareIds.scsi.RAIDCLASS]
id = "GenNvRaidDisk","nvraid"
id = "*_NVRAIDBUS","nvraid"

[HardwareIds.scsi.BUSDRV]
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008E", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0085", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EE", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E3", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E5", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0035", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0036", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_003E", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0053", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0054", "nvatabus"
id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055", "nvatabus"[/code]

So from this information, I believe I am to modify my TXTSETUP.SIF file as follows:

[code]
[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008E = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0085 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EE = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E3 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E5 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0035 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0036 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_003E = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0053 = "nvatabus"
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055 = "nvatabus"
GenNvRaidDisk = "nvraid"
*_NVRAIDBUS = "nvraid"
<etc......>
[/code]

Can anyone inform me if this is correct, or have I misinterpreted the instructions?

Thanks
Hello,

Thank you for the thread, it has helped me considerably.

I have one query though; for the PDF under step 3 part C: "Add the device IDs for your SATA controllers on your platform".

It mentions to open nvraid.inf and search for the [NVIDIA] section. Here is what I have in that section from my nForce drivers 5.11 (which i believe are using 4.46 version of the drivers:

[NVIDIA]

%NVRAID_BUS_DESC%=nvraid,*_NVRAIDBUS

From my searching on Google, it appears you're suppose to open TXTSETUP.OEM (included with the drivers) under which it has the following section:

[HardwareIds.scsi.RAIDCLASS]

id = "GenNvRaidDisk","nvraid"

id = "*_NVRAIDBUS","nvraid"

[HardwareIds.scsi.BUSDRV]

id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008E", "nvatabus"

id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0085", "nvatabus"

id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5", "nvatabus"

id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EE", "nvatabus"

id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E3", "nvatabus"

id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E5", "nvatabus"

id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0035", "nvatabus"

id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0036", "nvatabus"

id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_003E", "nvatabus"

id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0053", "nvatabus"

id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0054", "nvatabus"

id = "PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055", "nvatabus"

So from this information, I believe I am to modify my TXTSETUP.SIF file as follows:

[HardwareIdsDatabase]

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_008E = "nvatabus"

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0085 = "nvatabus"

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00D5 = "nvatabus"

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00EE = "nvatabus"

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E3 = "nvatabus"

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00E5 = "nvatabus"

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0035 = "nvatabus"

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0036 = "nvatabus"

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_003E = "nvatabus"

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0053 = "nvatabus"

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0055 = "nvatabus"

GenNvRaidDisk = "nvraid"

*_NVRAIDBUS = "nvraid"

<etc......>

Can anyone inform me if this is correct, or have I misinterpreted the instructions?

Thanks

Posted 08/19/2007 04:18 AM   
[quote name='ozzy.aus' date='Aug 19 2007, 05:18 AM']I have one query though; for the PDF under step 3 part C: "[b]Add the device IDs for your SATA controllers on your platform[/b]".

CODE

CODE
CODE
Can anyone inform me if this is correct, or have I misinterpreted the instructions?[/quote]
There is no need to edit any file, if you just integrate the nForce IDE (S-ATA/RAID) drivers into your bootable XP CD by using a tool like nLite (look [url="http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=51140"]here[/url]).
[quote name='ozzy.aus' date='Aug 19 2007, 05:18 AM']I have one query though; for the PDF under step 3 part C: "Add the device IDs for your SATA controllers on your platform".

CODE

CODE

CODE

There is no need to edit any file, if you just integrate the nForce IDE (S-ATA/RAID) drivers into your bootable XP CD by using a tool like nLite (look here).

Posted 08/19/2007 06:18 AM   
Scroll To Top