Secondary Monitor does not display Red
I'm using a GeForce 6800 GS card with an LCD monitor. Today I got a second LCD monitor so that I could spread my work across the two. The problem is that my secondary monitor does not display the colour red.

I went into Paint and drew three lines, Red, Blue, and Green. The Blue and Green displayed correctly, but the red line just appeared black.

Because there is no red, the monitor has an unsightly (And painful to look at) blue tinge to it.

I've updated my drivers, and done everything I could think of in my Control Panel and so forth.

Can you think of anything else that could be causing this?
I'm using a GeForce 6800 GS card with an LCD monitor. Today I got a second LCD monitor so that I could spread my work across the two. The problem is that my secondary monitor does not display the colour red.

I went into Paint and drew three lines, Red, Blue, and Green. The Blue and Green displayed correctly, but the red line just appeared black.

Because there is no red, the monitor has an unsightly (And painful to look at) blue tinge to it.

I've updated my drivers, and done everything I could think of in my Control Panel and so forth.

Can you think of anything else that could be causing this?

Posted 08/07/2006 11:18 PM   
This sounds like a hardware problem, not the graphics card. The red plug in your second monitor is either out and/or broken.
This sounds like a hardware problem, not the graphics card. The red plug in your second monitor is either out and/or broken.

Posted 08/08/2006 01:22 AM   
I forgot to mention in the original post. I tried it out with an old CRT monitor, and it had the same problem. So it's not a problem with the monitor.
I forgot to mention in the original post. I tried it out with an old CRT monitor, and it had the same problem. So it's not a problem with the monitor.

Posted 08/08/2006 01:25 AM   
[quote name='QualityJeverage' date='Aug 8 2006, 02:25 AM']I forgot to mention in the original post. I tried it out with an old CRT monitor, and it had the same problem. So it's not a problem with the monitor.
[right][post="106050"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Maybe try another cable if you're using the same, or try swaping the monitors.

Are you using an DVI-VGA Adapter on that port? Maybe it's bad, try another!

If nothing helpf then it looks like you card got somehow damaged.
Either a transistor on the red-line broke off somewhere or something like that
[quote name='QualityJeverage' date='Aug 8 2006, 02:25 AM']I forgot to mention in the original post. I tried it out with an old CRT monitor, and it had the same problem. So it's not a problem with the monitor.

[post="106050"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe try another cable if you're using the same, or try swaping the monitors.

Are you using an DVI-VGA Adapter on that port? Maybe it's bad, try another!

If nothing helpf then it looks like you card got somehow damaged.

Either a transistor on the red-line broke off somewhere or something like that

Posted 08/11/2006 11:29 AM   

Posted 02/03/2008 12:25 AM   
Scroll To Top