"nv4_disp display driver has stopped working..." Error when trying to play/load game.
  1 / 2    
Okay so this error ("[i]The nv4_disp display driver has stopped working normally[/i]. Save your work.....")started happening recently maybe towards the mid/end of June. The first incident I've had with this is when I was trying to search up files on my Limewire PRO. Thinking it was that program, I quickly uninstalled it. I have been able to play Team Fortress Classic normally without a problem. I didn't think much about the error since. My brother recently left for the navy and he gave me his nvidea 5200 video card. I quickly installed the SIMs 2 on my computer only to find that the SAME error comes up! I would have to reboot every time. And now I recently just purchased World of Warcraft, I installed everything, but I still recieved the same error. I've SEARCHED GOOGLE SO MANY TIMES trying to find an answer but I have yet to find one! Help Appreciated! I provided screenshots of EXACTLY EVERYTHING I HAVE BEEN GETTING.

(!) 1) When I attempt to play a game. THIS error pops up. I click okay but the screen is still ultra huge and pixelated and discolored. So I have to reboot...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/meepmeow/untitled.gif[/img]

(!) 2) So I get that my system has recovered from a serious error...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/meepmeow/untitled2.gif[/img]

(!) 3) I view more details...I don't understand a single thing in there.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/meepmeow/untitled3.gif[/img]

(!) 4)And when I click to send error and when it completes it opens this page. I've tried ALL of these. and NONE of them work.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/meepmeow/untitled4.gif[/img]

I know for a FACT that it COULDN'T be my videocard because I recieved the same error when I had my old video card, and I still recieve the error with this new one.

I've read that it could be my motherboard and they said to reinstall the drivers for the chipset on there, and I did that exactly but still same problem.

I also have reinstalled and made sure my graphic card drivers are up to date..I have no idea what I'm missing or what the problem is, so i'm in desperate help.

Thanks for your timee..
Okay so this error ("The nv4_disp display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work.....")started happening recently maybe towards the mid/end of June. The first incident I've had with this is when I was trying to search up files on my Limewire PRO. Thinking it was that program, I quickly uninstalled it. I have been able to play Team Fortress Classic normally without a problem. I didn't think much about the error since. My brother recently left for the navy and he gave me his nvidea 5200 video card. I quickly installed the SIMs 2 on my computer only to find that the SAME error comes up! I would have to reboot every time. And now I recently just purchased World of Warcraft, I installed everything, but I still recieved the same error. I've SEARCHED GOOGLE SO MANY TIMES trying to find an answer but I have yet to find one! Help Appreciated! I provided screenshots of EXACTLY EVERYTHING I HAVE BEEN GETTING.

(!) 1) When I attempt to play a game. THIS error pops up. I click okay but the screen is still ultra huge and pixelated and discolored. So I have to reboot...

(!) 4)And when I click to send error and when it completes it opens this page. I've tried ALL of these. and NONE of them work.

I know for a FACT that it COULDN'T be my videocard because I recieved the same error when I had my old video card, and I still recieve the error with this new one.

I've read that it could be my motherboard and they said to reinstall the drivers for the chipset on there, and I did that exactly but still same problem.

I also have reinstalled and made sure my graphic card drivers are up to date..I have no idea what I'm missing or what the problem is, so i'm in desperate help.

Thanks for your timee..

Posted 07/04/2006 07:06 AM   
[quote name='meowminks' date='Jul 4 2006, 02:06 AM']Okay so this error ("[i]The nv4_disp display driver has stopped working normally[/i]. Save your work.....")started happening recently maybe towards the mid/end of June. The first incident I've had with this is when I was trying to search up files on my Limewire PRO. Thinking it was that program, I quickly uninstalled it. I have been able to play Team Fortress Classic normally without a problem. I didn't think much about the error since. My brother recently left for the navy and he gave me his nvidea 5200 video card. I quickly installed the SIMs 2 on my computer only to find that the SAME error comes up! I would have to reboot every time. And now I recently just purchased World of Warcraft, I installed everything, but I still recieved the same error. I've SEARCHED GOOGLE SO MANY TIMES trying to find an answer but I have yet to find one! Help Appreciated! I provided screenshots of EXACTLY EVERYTHING I HAVE BEEN GETTING.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/meepmeow/untitled.gif[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/meepmeow/untitled2.gif[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/meepmeow/untitled3.gif[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/meepmeow/untitled4.gif[/img]

Thanks for your timee..
[right][post="99422"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Try either reinstalling the Vcard drivers or installing a different version of Video driver. If you reinstall the same version Dload it from a different source than the previous one.
Also reinstall/update the chipset drivers .
What are the system specs ? /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
[quote name='meowminks' date='Jul 4 2006, 02:06 AM']Okay so this error ("The nv4_disp display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work.....")started happening recently maybe towards the mid/end of June. The first incident I've had with this is when I was trying to search up files on my Limewire PRO. Thinking it was that program, I quickly uninstalled it. I have been able to play Team Fortress Classic normally without a problem. I didn't think much about the error since. My brother recently left for the navy and he gave me his nvidea 5200 video card. I quickly installed the SIMs 2 on my computer only to find that the SAME error comes up! I would have to reboot every time. And now I recently just purchased World of Warcraft, I installed everything, but I still recieved the same error. I've SEARCHED GOOGLE SO MANY TIMES trying to find an answer but I have yet to find one! Help Appreciated! I provided screenshots of EXACTLY EVERYTHING I HAVE BEEN GETTING.

Thanks for your timee..

[post="99422"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Try either reinstalling the Vcard drivers or installing a different version of Video driver. If you reinstall the same version Dload it from a different source than the previous one.

A8N32-SLI Deluxe, 4400+, OCZ Powerstream 520, 2 Gig OCZ EL Platinum ,WD Cavair SE16 250Gig, 1 optical,1 floppy,
Antec P160 case, EVGA7900GT KO.

Posted 07/04/2006 07:32 AM   
[quote name='Sonny' date='Jul 3 2006, 11:32 PM']Try either reinstalling the Vcard drivers or installing a different version of Video driver. If you reinstall the same version Dload it from a different source than the previous one.
[right][post="99429"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

alright. I'll try that...but I've downloaded a beta version to try that, but no luck there either..But I i'll still try downloading a diffrent version.

and for my system specs.

AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2400+
1.99 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MYCOMPUTER
System Manufacturer KM266_
System Model AWRDACPI
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~1994 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 9/13/2002
SMBIOS Version 2.2
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name MYCOMPUTER\francy pants
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 593.57 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.40 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
[quote name='Sonny' date='Jul 3 2006, 11:32 PM']Try either reinstalling the Vcard drivers or installing a different version of Video driver. If you reinstall the same version Dload it from a different source than the previous one.

[post="99429"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

alright. I'll try that...but I've downloaded a beta version to try that, but no luck there either..But I i'll still try downloading a diffrent version.

and for my system specs.

AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2400+

1.99 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name MYCOMPUTER

System Manufacturer KM266_

System Model AWRDACPI

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~1994 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 9/13/2002

SMBIOS Version 2.2

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"

User Name MYCOMPUTER\francy pants

Time Zone Central Daylight Time

Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 593.57 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 2.40 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Posted 07/04/2006 07:56 AM   
try this:

[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=16154"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=16154[/url]

Posted 07/04/2006 02:50 PM   
[quote name='Bolter2' date='Jul 4 2006, 06:50 AM']try this:

[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=16154"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=16154[/url]
[right][post="99481"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

That did not work Bolter...Still getting the same problem.
[quote name='Bolter2' date='Jul 4 2006, 06:50 AM']try this:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=16154

[post="99481"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

That did not work Bolter...Still getting the same problem.

Posted 07/04/2006 05:49 PM   
Okay, So I just found out that my motherboard has a BUILT IN videocard...And the person that my dad bought the motherboard is saying that its that built in video card and I need to go into BIOS or something and set it to only use my nvidia video card...So hopefully this solves the problem..
Okay, So I just found out that my motherboard has a BUILT IN videocard...And the person that my dad bought the motherboard is saying that its that built in video card and I need to go into BIOS or something and set it to only use my nvidia video card...So hopefully this solves the problem..

Posted 07/05/2006 06:10 PM   
[quote name='meowminks' date='Jul 5 2006, 10:10 AM']Okay, So I just found out that my motherboard has a BUILT IN videocard...And the person that my dad bought the motherboard is saying that its that built in video card and I need to go into BIOS or something and set it to only use my nvidia video card...So hopefully this solves the problem..
[right][snapback]99694[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I've been having the same problem...google searching the error brought me here - able to tell me how doing what you said in the quote helped?

Also, i find the problem will only occur if im using an internet browser or the like, (Firefox, IE, MSN, Steam, that sort of thing) i never crash while playing counterstrike or WoW, nor when im just using VLC to watch movies. I've found a way to kinda get around the problem, i shut off my hardware acceleration (Right click on desktop > properties > settings > advanced (click ok on the error that pops up) > troubleshoot, then i slide the slider all the way to the bottom) This means i can safely browse the internet/use MSN and whatnot without fear of crashing. Im pretty much a computer novice, so im not 100% sure if doing this is making the problem worse or not.

Sorry for wall of text, also sorry in advance if this is a necro :S
[quote name='meowminks' date='Jul 5 2006, 10:10 AM']Okay, So I just found out that my motherboard has a BUILT IN videocard...And the person that my dad bought the motherboard is saying that its that built in video card and I need to go into BIOS or something and set it to only use my nvidia video card...So hopefully this solves the problem..

[snapback]99694[/snapback]

I've been having the same problem...google searching the error brought me here - able to tell me how doing what you said in the quote helped?

Also, i find the problem will only occur if im using an internet browser or the like, (Firefox, IE, MSN, Steam, that sort of thing) i never crash while playing counterstrike or WoW, nor when im just using VLC to watch movies. I've found a way to kinda get around the problem, i shut off my hardware acceleration (Right click on desktop > properties > settings > advanced (click ok on the error that pops up) > troubleshoot, then i slide the slider all the way to the bottom) This means i can safely browse the internet/use MSN and whatnot without fear of crashing. Im pretty much a computer novice, so im not 100% sure if doing this is making the problem worse or not.

Sorry for wall of text, also sorry in advance if this is a necro :S

Posted 07/17/2008 02:43 PM   
i found this topic after doing a google search and would like to say i seem to be getting this "nv4_disp display driver has stopped working" error message then have to restart my PC.. I ONLY seem to be getting this in one game though.. Kane & Lynch. All my other 3D apps seem to run fine. I dont know why I seem to be getting it only in one game, Kane & Lynch.
I think the problem started when I had the 175.16 drivers.. Just updated to 175.19 drivers and still getting the problem. Downloaded the drivers right from the nvidia site.
i found this topic after doing a google search and would like to say i seem to be getting this "nv4_disp display driver has stopped working" error message then have to restart my PC.. I ONLY seem to be getting this in one game though.. Kane & Lynch. All my other 3D apps seem to run fine. I dont know why I seem to be getting it only in one game, Kane & Lynch.

I think the problem started when I had the 175.16 drivers.. Just updated to 175.19 drivers and still getting the problem. Downloaded the drivers right from the nvidia site.

Posted 08/21/2008 06:20 AM   
like the original guy said go into your bio's and check to see if your on board video is disabled and set to use your card. Make sure your comp is fully up to date bio's chipset everything, go into device manager and make sure the onboard video is not displayed there too if it is uninstall or disable make darn sure you have the right drivers for your OS, if none of this helps start trying slightly older drivers.

and dont forget that if it only happens with 1 or 2 games only or just 1 specific game better get ahold of that games support cause its probibly not the cards fault
like the original guy said go into your bio's and check to see if your on board video is disabled and set to use your card. Make sure your comp is fully up to date bio's chipset everything, go into device manager and make sure the onboard video is not displayed there too if it is uninstall or disable make darn sure you have the right drivers for your OS, if none of this helps start trying slightly older drivers.

and dont forget that if it only happens with 1 or 2 games only or just 1 specific game better get ahold of that games support cause its probibly not the cards fault

Case Ultra Defender

MotherBoard Asus M4A785-M

AMD Phenom II X2 545 @ 3.5 GHz

3 GB (DDR2 SDRAM) 2x1024 2x512 @ 914 mhz

1 XFX 9600gt 700MHz, 821MHz, 1750 MHz

OCZ gamexstream 600 watt

1 250GB SATA II (7200rpm, 8MB cache)

2 320GB SATA II (7200rpm, 16MB cache)

Windows 7 ULT (32bit)

Acer 22 inch LCD @ 1920x1080

Posted 08/22/2008 07:30 AM   
hey im getting the same thing, i went to the bios and it seems that I dont have an onboard vid card to disable. happens when playing basically any game.

Ive tried deinstalling then downloading new vid drivers.

what do i do?

specs

intel core2duo e8400 3ghz processor
ecs g311t-m7 lga775 intel g31 mb
2 x 2gb hynix ddr2 800mhz pc6400
500gb hdd
palit 9800gt 512 vid card
hey im getting the same thing, i went to the bios and it seems that I dont have an onboard vid card to disable. happens when playing basically any game.

Ive tried deinstalling then downloading new vid drivers.

what do i do?

specs

intel core2duo e8400 3ghz processor

ecs g311t-m7 lga775 intel g31 mb

2 x 2gb hynix ddr2 800mhz pc6400

500gb hdd

palit 9800gt 512 vid card

Posted 05/28/2009 06:20 AM   
Make sure your comp is fully up to date bio's chipset everything, go into device manager and make sure the onboard video is not displayed there too if it is uninstall or disable make darn sure you have the right drivers for your OS, if none of this helps start trying slightly older drivers.
Make sure your comp is fully up to date bio's chipset everything, go into device manager and make sure the onboard video is not displayed there too if it is uninstall or disable make darn sure you have the right drivers for your OS, if none of this helps start trying slightly older drivers.

hydroxycut

tonka

Posted 06/01/2009 03:51 AM   
just some quick thought, anyone of you checked your PSU?

Damaged unstable PSU will also causing all these problem
just some quick thought, anyone of you checked your PSU?

Damaged unstable PSU will also causing all these problem

Posted 06/05/2009 11:45 PM   
I dont have any onboard video, and this comp is brand new. still getting this problem
I dont have any onboard video, and this comp is brand new. still getting this problem

Posted 06/08/2009 08:24 AM   
im on the verge of taking the the rig back,its screwing up so reguarly.
im on the verge of taking the the rig back,its screwing up so reguarly.

Posted 06/10/2009 10:37 PM   
I also have this error any help is greatly appreciated.
The games that stuff are
Colin Mcrae DIRT-freezes 5-10 sec with sound loop corrects it self but ranodm images on screen.
Track mania- freeze fpr 5 sec them fixes itself but with all colours being demented
Demigod-glitches and graphics appers real bad.

Specs
e 8400 cpu
600w psu
Ga-ep45-ds4p Mobo
Msi nGTX275 -driver last updated on the 1st july

thanks
I also have this error any help is greatly appreciated.

The games that stuff are

Colin Mcrae DIRT-freezes 5-10 sec with sound loop corrects it self but ranodm images on screen.

Track mania- freeze fpr 5 sec them fixes itself but with all colours being demented

Demigod-glitches and graphics appers real bad.

Specs

e 8400 cpu

600w psu

Ga-ep45-ds4p Mobo

Msi nGTX275 -driver last updated on the 1st july

thanks

Posted 07/21/2009 07:04 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top