nvidia control panel wont open?
  1 / 2    
um tried searching this problem through nvidia's website and couldnt find an answer so im tryign in different forums... but i try opening the NVIDIA Control Panel and nothing happens no error or nething..
Ever since i redid my computer i havent been able to view it... I had a cd that i used to install all the drivers for all this nvidia stuff since i hav nvidia motherboard... I still received the same problem when i tried downloading the newest drivers from nvidia's website... im usually very smart about installing stuff and wut not im not a noob or ne thing but sumthing it obviously not working with my computer allowing my to open certain activex content im suspecting?
im not sure if this has ne thing to do with it but when i try to view certain videos on websites or download certain content.. my IE will close and not let me watch it... i tried downloading Java thinking it would fix it but it did nothing... help?

amd 3500+
nvidia dfi mobo
nvidia 7800gt
windows XP SP2
um tried searching this problem through nvidia's website and couldnt find an answer so im tryign in different forums... but i try opening the NVIDIA Control Panel and nothing happens no error or nething..

Ever since i redid my computer i havent been able to view it... I had a cd that i used to install all the drivers for all this nvidia stuff since i hav nvidia motherboard... I still received the same problem when i tried downloading the newest drivers from nvidia's website... im usually very smart about installing stuff and wut not im not a noob or ne thing but sumthing it obviously not working with my computer allowing my to open certain activex content im suspecting?

im not sure if this has ne thing to do with it but when i try to view certain videos on websites or download certain content.. my IE will close and not let me watch it... i tried downloading Java thinking it would fix it but it did nothing... help?

amd 3500+

nvidia dfi mobo

nvidia 7800gt

windows XP SP2

Posted 06/22/2006 11:26 PM   
What are the security programs that you run on your pc, like anti spyware/anti trojan/anti virus etc.
Did you check the list of startup programs?, if not try hijack this and post a log, also the background services that run on your pc should be checked.
My assumption is that since you have trouble even browsing multimedia content it would be a software based problem and just to be sure you should start by making the ground clean from any scumware. :)
What are the security programs that you run on your pc, like anti spyware/anti trojan/anti virus etc.

Did you check the list of startup programs?, if not try hijack this and post a log, also the background services that run on your pc should be checked.

My assumption is that since you have trouble even browsing multimedia content it would be a software based problem and just to be sure you should start by making the ground clean from any scumware. :)

Posted 06/23/2006 08:36 PM   
I also have now had two computers that couldnt open the Nvidia control panel, one was an onboard solution from an nforce 4 motherboard, and now I have it with this new computer using a 7900GTO, windows xp pro, new drivers and everything. Didnt find anything else in the nvidia forums either on the issue
I also have now had two computers that couldnt open the Nvidia control panel, one was an onboard solution from an nforce 4 motherboard, and now I have it with this new computer using a 7900GTO, windows xp pro, new drivers and everything. Didnt find anything else in the nvidia forums either on the issue

Posted 10/11/2006 12:36 AM   
I have this issue with the new drivers (reverted back to 83.91)

Basically the new panel will -Eventually- load, give it about 10 minutes;
alternatively I have found that dropping Resolution to 8 bit brings it
up quickly.. some pages cause segfaults

I suspect a SPIKED compiler - so the "easy" fix is upgrade to SP2.
(Then watch as all your other drivers + antivirus BSOD about
the DEP OptIn feature - but thats another story)
I have this issue with the new drivers (reverted back to 83.91)

Basically the new panel will -Eventually- load, give it about 10 minutes;

alternatively I have found that dropping Resolution to 8 bit brings it

up quickly.. some pages cause segfaults

I suspect a SPIKED compiler - so the "easy" fix is upgrade to SP2.

(Then watch as all your other drivers + antivirus BSOD about

the DEP OptIn feature - but thats another story)

Posted 10/11/2006 04:48 AM   
the new Control panel REQUIRES SP1 with .Net framework.

if you don't want to install .net framework, then you need SP2

dep can be disabled

open up boot.ini in notepad and change /noexecute=optin to /execute=optin
the new Control panel REQUIRES SP1 with .Net framework.

dep can be disabled

Posted 10/11/2006 09:33 AM   
[quote name='squall_leonhart' date='Oct 11 2006, 08:03 PM']the new Control panel REQUIRES SP1 with .Net framework.

dep can be disabled

[right][post="119601"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

No .NET is not enough, you will probably need to install SP2.

Yes you can disable DEP but at a speed penalty. {Or dont install SP2}
[quote name='squall_leonhart' date='Oct 11 2006, 08:03 PM']the new Control panel REQUIRES SP1 with .Net framework.

dep can be disabled

[post="119601"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No .NET is not enough, you will probably need to install SP2.

Yes you can disable DEP but at a speed penalty. {Or dont install SP2}

Posted 10/11/2006 11:25 AM   
DEP has nothing to do with speed.

go and google it. its obvious you know nothing about it.

its actually common for systems to go faster with DEP disabled, as the system no longer has to protect changes to system files that are in memory... and disabling dep also fixes some programs.
DEP has nothing to do with speed.

its actually common for systems to go faster with DEP disabled, as the system no longer has to protect changes to system files that are in memory... and disabling dep also fixes some programs.

Posted 10/11/2006 11:52 AM   
[quote name='squall_leonhart' date='Oct 11 2006, 10:22 PM']DEP has nothing to do with speed.

[right][post="119616"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Data Execution Prevention [DEP] is a software and hardware combination,
much like Page Faulting. It was an 'easter-egg' feature in SP2.
Disabling DEP only fixes the programs it breaks and at a speed penalty (visit
Microsoft, they are far more informative than googled opinions)

Microsoft offer Technet and other resources if you would like to join the
development side and actually contribute more than an uneducated opinion.

With regards to the driver - from a fresh XP-SP1 it will work, until DX9
is installed, then it REQUIRES .NET 1.1 available from the link below
[url="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en"]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en[/url]
[quote name='squall_leonhart' date='Oct 11 2006, 10:22 PM']DEP has nothing to do with speed.

[post="119616"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Data Execution Prevention [DEP] is a software and hardware combination,

much like Page Faulting. It was an 'easter-egg' feature in SP2.

Disabling DEP only fixes the programs it breaks and at a speed penalty (visit

Microsoft, they are far more informative than googled opinions)

Microsoft offer Technet and other resources if you would like to join the

development side and actually contribute more than an uneducated opinion.

With regards to the driver - from a fresh XP-SP1 it will work, until DX9

is installed, then it REQUIRES .NET 1.1 available from the link below

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Posted 10/12/2006 07:02 AM   
.net 1.1 is not required for the control panel at all imo, people are using it without even going near .net.

DEP does not cause a speed penalty, that is just typical microsoft crap, so that you don't disable it.

anyone that beleives what microsoft has to say, deserves to have WGA spying on them.
.net 1.1 is not required for the control panel at all imo, people are using it without even going near .net.

DEP does not cause a speed penalty, that is just typical microsoft crap, so that you don't disable it.

anyone that beleives what microsoft has to say, deserves to have WGA spying on them.

Posted 10/13/2006 12:16 PM   
[quote name='Arlaine' date='Oct 10 2006, 08:36 PM']I also have now had two computers that couldnt open the Nvidia control panel, one was an onboard solution from an nforce 4 motherboard, and now I have it with this new computer using a 7900GTO, windows xp pro, new drivers and everything. Didnt find anything else in the nvidia forums either on the issue
[right][post="119518"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I have the same issue brand new system AMD X2 4200+, ABIT A9 32 X Fatal1TY, EVGA 7950GT, etc. etc. XP PRO.

I have all the latest drivers on everything and I can run the control panel in the legacy view but not the new one and ntune will not start up either.

They both cause a windows error and shut down(I'm at work now so I don't remember the specific error, but I tried the fix suggested by MS and it didn't work), I am running Kapersky Internet Suite, but the nvidia applets wont run regardless of Kapersky being on or off. I've tried reinstalling drivers, but that hasn't worked yet. Might be a dual core issue.

Any ideas?
[quote name='Arlaine' date='Oct 10 2006, 08:36 PM']I also have now had two computers that couldnt open the Nvidia control panel, one was an onboard solution from an nforce 4 motherboard, and now I have it with this new computer using a 7900GTO, windows xp pro, new drivers and everything. Didnt find anything else in the nvidia forums either on the issue

[post="119518"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have the same issue brand new system AMD X2 4200+, ABIT A9 32 X Fatal1TY, EVGA 7950GT, etc. etc. XP PRO.

I have all the latest drivers on everything and I can run the control panel in the legacy view but not the new one and ntune will not start up either.

They both cause a windows error and shut down(I'm at work now so I don't remember the specific error, but I tried the fix suggested by MS and it didn't work), I am running Kapersky Internet Suite, but the nvidia applets wont run regardless of Kapersky being on or off. I've tried reinstalling drivers, but that hasn't worked yet. Might be a dual core issue.

Any ideas?

Posted 10/20/2006 06:48 PM   
have you got dep disabled?

try uninstall ntune 5.0 and the drivers then reinstaling them
have you got dep disabled?

Posted 10/20/2006 08:03 PM   
[quote name='squall_leonhart' date='Oct 20 2006, 04:03 PM']have you got dep disabled?

[right][post="121701"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah, I have DEP disabled in the boot.ini file, it's set to AlwaysOff

I've reinstalled the drivers a few times, I guess I'll give it another try.
[quote name='squall_leonhart' date='Oct 20 2006, 04:03 PM']have you got dep disabled?

[post="121701"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, I have DEP disabled in the boot.ini file, it's set to AlwaysOff

Posted 10/21/2006 02:04 PM   
[quote name='Wozzle' date='Oct 22 2006, 12:34 AM']Yeah, I have DEP disabled in the boot.ini file, it's set to AlwaysOff

[right][post="121848"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Install Dot NET 1.1 to use the new Nvidia panel.

If you have upgraded from an ATI graphics card, move the OPENGL32.DLL
driver from <windows>\SYSTEM32 and reinstall the drivers.

DEP is not the problem. But it accounts for the performance hit with SP2
(enabled/disabled), it does however keep AV companies paying.
[quote name='Wozzle' date='Oct 22 2006, 12:34 AM']Yeah, I have DEP disabled in the boot.ini file, it's set to AlwaysOff

[post="121848"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Install Dot NET 1.1 to use the new Nvidia panel.

If you have upgraded from an ATI graphics card, move the OPENGL32.DLL

driver from <windows>\SYSTEM32 and reinstall the drivers.

DEP is not the problem. But it accounts for the performance hit with SP2

(enabled/disabled), it does however keep AV companies paying.

Posted 10/23/2006 07:28 AM   
DO NOT TOUCH THE OPENGL32.DLL you nub!

that is the opengl 1.1 file, and is required to translate opengl to the nvglnt.dll file. removal of Opengl32.dll will break all opengl games.

the file you want to remove it atiogl.dll or similar, geez... learn abit about the entire driver structure before giving advice please.

and so far every guide i have read indicates that DEP enabled causes performance drops, and disabling it fixes them.

that is the opengl 1.1 file, and is required to translate opengl to the nvglnt.dll file. removal of Opengl32.dll will break all opengl games.

the file you want to remove it atiogl.dll or similar, geez... learn abit about the entire driver structure before giving advice please.

and so far every guide i have read indicates that DEP enabled causes performance drops, and disabling it fixes them.

Posted 10/23/2006 10:06 AM   
[quote=Scrawl
[/quote]

Please IGNORE SCAWL, I have personally seen this fix 90% of the problems
migrating from Professional driver bases (or ATI x800+) to Nvidia hardware.

I doubt that SCRAWL has any experience with such, but if he TRIED it he would
realise that actually the stub driver is replaced by both camps if MISSING, but
NEVER overwritten/replaced if already there.

[quote=Scrawl
the file you want to remove it atiogl.dll or similar, geez...
[/quote]

Actually runing the driver uninstalled WILL fix those - but NOT OPENGL32.DLL;
Run an MD5 and WATCH what really happens before offering what you THINK
happens.

Why disable DEP - just DONT install IT!

You will find all those articles are written with respect to older hardware - not DEP
assisted hardware; but thats something VISTA will reveal.. QED
[quote=Scrawl

Please IGNORE SCAWL, I have personally seen this fix 90% of the problems

migrating from Professional driver bases (or ATI x800+) to Nvidia hardware.

I doubt that SCRAWL has any experience with such, but if he TRIED it he would

realise that actually the stub driver is replaced by both camps if MISSING, but

NEVER overwritten/replaced if already there.

[quote=Scrawl

the file you want to remove it atiogl.dll or similar, geez...

Actually runing the driver uninstalled WILL fix those - but NOT OPENGL32.DLL;

Run an MD5 and WATCH what really happens before offering what you THINK

happens.

Why disable DEP - just DONT install IT!

You will find all those articles are written with respect to older hardware - not DEP

assisted hardware; but thats something VISTA will reveal.. QED

Posted 10/23/2006 10:57 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top