slow motion in oblivion slow motion problems
now this happens ALL THE TIME i will be moving, fighting, swimming, etc. and all of a sudden my character slows WAY down but the rest of the world moves at normal speed. the only way i have found that works right now is to save, exit game and come back in and a few minutes or even seconds later it happens again...is anyone else having this problem?? and does anyone know how to fix it?
now this happens ALL THE TIME i will be moving, fighting, swimming, etc. and all of a sudden my character slows WAY down but the rest of the world moves at normal speed. the only way i have found that works right now is to save, exit game and come back in and a few minutes or even seconds later it happens again...is anyone else having this problem?? and does anyone know how to fix it?

Posted 06/10/2006 09:10 PM   
[quote name='guitarman12' date='Jun 10 2006, 05:10 PM']now this happens ALL THE TIME i will be moving, fighting, swimming, etc. and all of a sudden my character slows WAY down but the rest of the world moves at normal speed. the only way i have found that works right now is to save, exit game and come back in and a few minutes or even seconds later it happens again...is anyone else having this problem?? and does anyone know how to fix it?
[right][post="94617"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Sounds like Lag with your connection, what kind of connection do you use?

Shut down any programs using the internet when you play.
[quote name='guitarman12' date='Jun 10 2006, 05:10 PM']now this happens ALL THE TIME i will be moving, fighting, swimming, etc. and all of a sudden my character slows WAY down but the rest of the world moves at normal speed. the only way i have found that works right now is to save, exit game and come back in and a few minutes or even seconds later it happens again...is anyone else having this problem?? and does anyone know how to fix it?

[post="94617"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sounds like Lag with your connection, what kind of connection do you use?

Posted 06/10/2006 10:10 PM   
[quote name='guitarman12' date='Jun 10 2006, 01:10 PM']now this happens ALL THE TIME i will be moving, fighting, swimming, etc. and all of a sudden my character slows WAY down but the rest of the world moves at normal speed. the only way i have found that works right now is to save, exit game and come back in and a few minutes or even seconds later it happens again...is anyone else having this problem?? and does anyone know how to fix it?

Slow motion movement
The player character moves in slow motion, or heads in one direction without any buttons being pressed.

Solution: This is often the result of a joystick or controller plugged into the computer. Editting the Oblivion.ini may correct this issue. The Oblivion.ini file is located in the My Documents\My Games\Oblivion directory. In the [Controls] section, change the “bUse Joystick=1” setting to “bUse Joystick=0” or simply disconnect the peripheral. Make sure the settings are saved. Note, changes to the Oblivion.ini file will not be saved if Oblivion in running when the changes are made.
[quote name='guitarman12' date='Jun 10 2006, 01:10 PM']now this happens ALL THE TIME i will be moving, fighting, swimming, etc. and all of a sudden my character slows WAY down but the rest of the world moves at normal speed. the only way i have found that works right now is to save, exit game and come back in and a few minutes or even seconds later it happens again...is anyone else having this problem?? and does anyone know how to fix it?

Slow motion movement

The player character moves in slow motion, or heads in one direction without any buttons being pressed.

Solution: This is often the result of a joystick or controller plugged into the computer. Editting the Oblivion.ini may correct this issue. The Oblivion.ini file is located in the My Documents\My Games\Oblivion directory. In the [Controls] section, change the “bUse Joystick=1” setting to “bUse Joystick=0” or simply disconnect the peripheral. Make sure the settings are saved. Note, changes to the Oblivion.ini file will not be saved if Oblivion in running when the changes are made.

Posted 06/26/2006 05:13 PM   
[quote name='Readysetpc' date='Jun 10 2006, 06:10 PM']Sounds like Lag with your connection, what kind of connection do you use?

[right][post="94632"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Um, Oblivion is a single player game, no Internet involved.

As to the OP: what card do you have? Oblivion requires at least a 6600. If you are running on an older card, there isn't much to do about it ...
[quote name='Readysetpc' date='Jun 10 2006, 06:10 PM']Sounds like Lag with your connection, what kind of connection do you use?

[post="94632"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Um, Oblivion is a single player game, no Internet involved.

As to the OP: what card do you have? Oblivion requires at least a 6600. If you are running on an older card, there isn't much to do about it ...

Posted 07/07/2006 02:16 PM   
[quote name='guitarman12' date='Jun 10 2006, 02:10 PM']now this happens ALL THE TIME i will be moving, fighting, swimming, etc. and all of a sudden my character slows WAY down but the rest of the world moves at normal speed. the only way i have found that works right now is to save, exit game and come back in and a few minutes or even seconds later it happens again...is anyone else having this problem?? and does anyone know how to fix it?
Did you press caps lock? That's the default run enable/disable key :)
[quote name='guitarman12' date='Jun 10 2006, 02:10 PM']now this happens ALL THE TIME i will be moving, fighting, swimming, etc. and all of a sudden my character slows WAY down but the rest of the world moves at normal speed. the only way i have found that works right now is to save, exit game and come back in and a few minutes or even seconds later it happens again...is anyone else having this problem?? and does anyone know how to fix it?

Did you press caps lock? That's the default run enable/disable key :)

Posted 07/09/2006 09:22 AM   
[quote name='DHawthorne' date='Jul 7 2006, 07:16 AM']Um, Oblivion is a single player game, no Internet involved.

[right][post="100040"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
actually wit the patch the video card req. was lowered
[quote name='DHawthorne' date='Jul 7 2006, 07:16 AM']Um, Oblivion is a single player game, no Internet involved.

[post="100040"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

actually wit the patch the video card req. was lowered

CPU: i7 920@4.2GHz | GPU: x2 GALAXY GTX 480 SLI | MOBO: Evga X58 Classified | RAM: G.Skill Trident 6Gb | PSU: Enermax Revolution 85+ 950W

Posted 07/09/2006 10:33 PM   
Scroll To Top