DVI Resolution problems not higher then 1280 x 1024
Hi, i've bought a 20,1 inch Widescreen Belinea 102035w monitor, but I have some problems with my resolutions. I've got an Geforce FX 5600 256 DDR graphic card

I installed it first with the VGA connector and then I can pick a max. resolution of 2048 x 1536. Normally it is 1680 x 1050 and all worked good, but I can't play games on 1680 x 1050 and with a VGA-connection you can't play with "black bars".

So i've bought a DVI kabel and started windows. But here's the problem, i can't get a higher res. than 1280 x 1024 on a DVI connection. :(

I tried all kind of things, new monitor drivers, new graphics drivers, custom res. I set the res. custom to 1680 x 1050 but then I get this error: Frequency: Out of Range - Energy management. (All resolutions are set on 60Hz)

So i've looked on other forums and find out that i could be the EDID info of my monitor. My grapfic card reads the EDID info in a wrong way. I used a program called RivaTuner en it said that i could run a much higher res. So i clicked on driver info and the max. res was 1680 x 1050 for DVI, but it just reports it . I can't get it set somewhere in the program. And also nothing changed in my display properties.

[b]ANYONE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS?, Or a solution?[/b]

And if it's not, know anyone of you if there's a tool, program or tweak to get "black bars" on VGA modus. (original screen res. of the game on your monitor, no stretching)

thnx in advance,

greets Stefan
Hi, i've bought a 20,1 inch Widescreen Belinea 102035w monitor, but I have some problems with my resolutions. I've got an Geforce FX 5600 256 DDR graphic card

I installed it first with the VGA connector and then I can pick a max. resolution of 2048 x 1536. Normally it is 1680 x 1050 and all worked good, but I can't play games on 1680 x 1050 and with a VGA-connection you can't play with "black bars".

So i've bought a DVI kabel and started windows. But here's the problem, i can't get a higher res. than 1280 x 1024 on a DVI connection. :(

I tried all kind of things, new monitor drivers, new graphics drivers, custom res. I set the res. custom to 1680 x 1050 but then I get this error: Frequency: Out of Range - Energy management. (All resolutions are set on 60Hz)

So i've looked on other forums and find out that i could be the EDID info of my monitor. My grapfic card reads the EDID info in a wrong way. I used a program called RivaTuner en it said that i could run a much higher res. So i clicked on driver info and the max. res was 1680 x 1050 for DVI, but it just reports it . I can't get it set somewhere in the program. And also nothing changed in my display properties.

ANYONE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS?, Or a solution?

And if it's not, know anyone of you if there's a tool, program or tweak to get "black bars" on VGA modus. (original screen res. of the game on your monitor, no stretching)

thnx in advance,

greets Stefan

Posted 01/16/2006 09:20 AM   
The DVI interface could be limiting your resolution. Just play with VGA. I think stretching is a problem with just about all widescreen monitors, unless the game supports the widescreen format. But it has been a while since I've used a widescreen computer.

Amorphis

[quote name='stefan84' date='Jan 16 2006, 01:20 AM']Hi, i've bought a 20,1 inch Widescreen Belinea 102035w monitor, but I have some problems with my resolutions. I've got an Geforce FX 5600 256 DDR graphic card

[b]ANYONE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS?, Or a solution?[/b]

thnx in advance,

greets Stefan
[right][post="66234"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
The DVI interface could be limiting your resolution. Just play with VGA. I think stretching is a problem with just about all widescreen monitors, unless the game supports the widescreen format. But it has been a while since I've used a widescreen computer.

Amorphis

[quote name='stefan84' date='Jan 16 2006, 01:20 AM']Hi, i've bought a 20,1 inch Widescreen Belinea 102035w monitor, but I have some problems with my resolutions. I've got an Geforce FX 5600 256 DDR graphic card

ANYONE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS?, Or a solution?

thnx in advance,

greets Stefan

[post="66234"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Posted 01/16/2006 10:08 AM   
I face a similar problem. Recently I bought a "GeForce 6600 GT" AGP with 128 MB RAM
and a "Xerox XA7-19i" [b]normal [/b] screen LCD monitor. I installed the latest NVIDIA driver:

"81.98_forceware_winxp2k_international_whql.exe"

but I didn't install any special monitor driver yet.

Using the VGA connector, the full range of pixel resultions is available, including
1152 * 864 :) . But with DVI, which I would prefer for better image quality, the
set of supported pixel resultions is drastically reduced. :(

I can't get 1152 * 864 with DVI. Only 1024 * 768 or 1280 * 1024. Does any1 know a
solution ?
I face a similar problem. Recently I bought a "GeForce 6600 GT" AGP with 128 MB RAM

and a "Xerox XA7-19i" normal screen LCD monitor. I installed the latest NVIDIA driver:

Using the VGA connector, the full range of pixel resultions is available, including

1152 * 864 :) . But with DVI, which I would prefer for better image quality, the

set of supported pixel resultions is drastically reduced. :(

I can't get 1152 * 864 with DVI. Only 1024 * 768 or 1280 * 1024. Does any1 know a

solution ?

Posted 02/02/2006 07:43 AM   
[quote name='MichaelEderVie' date='Feb 2 2006, 08:43 AM']I face a similar problem. Recently I bought a "GeForce 6600 GT" AGP with 128 MB RAM
and a "Xerox XA7-19i" [b]normal [/b] screen LCD monitor.  I installed the latest NVIDIA driver:

1152 * 864 :) .  But with DVI, which I would prefer for better image quality, the
set of supported pixel resultions is drastically reduced.  :(

solution ?
[right][post="68980"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Hi I have a similar problem I have a xerox xa7-19i and a geforce 6600 le with 256mb when I first installed the card I had to manually select dvi input on the monitor before windows loads otherwise it does not let me run in dvi mode only analog. If I do not do this everytime time I start up I only have analog and the dvi is unavailable unless i reinstall the driver for the card and manually select dvi again when I reboot the pc. Do you have the same problem ? :) I have the most recent drivers.
[quote name='MichaelEderVie' date='Feb 2 2006, 08:43 AM']I face a similar problem. Recently I bought a "GeForce 6600 GT" AGP with 128 MB RAM

and a "Xerox XA7-19i" normal screen LCD monitor.  I installed the latest NVIDIA driver:

1152 * 864 :) .  But with DVI, which I would prefer for better image quality, the

set of supported pixel resultions is drastically reduced.  :(

solution ?

[post="68980"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hi I have a similar problem I have a xerox xa7-19i and a geforce 6600 le with 256mb when I first installed the card I had to manually select dvi input on the monitor before windows loads otherwise it does not let me run in dvi mode only analog. If I do not do this everytime time I start up I only have analog and the dvi is unavailable unless i reinstall the driver for the card and manually select dvi again when I reboot the pc. Do you have the same problem ? :) I have the most recent drivers.

Posted 02/23/2006 06:58 PM   
Had the same problem with my GeForce 6600 LE and stumbled across this site looking for an answer.

After looking at other instructions I went to the [b]Display[/b] options (off the desktop or control panel), selected the [b]Settings[/b] Tab, hit [b]Advanced[/b], clicked on the [b]GeForce **00...[/b] Tab, turned on the Nvidia control panel, selected "[b]Manage Custom Resolutions[/b]" and then hit [b]Create...[/b].

Here I was having trouble in basic view but I clicked the "[b]Advanced >>[/b]" button and at the bottom I changed the drop down box to Adapter. Then the two text boxes for active horizontal and vertical pixels became active so I put 1152 and 864 in there... tested and accepted it. You might have to go back to the display options window and specify the new resolution you created.

You can also create other screen sizes and if they are out of proportion it will pan and scan.

I know this thread is old but I hope this helps anyone else searching the web for similar info.

-Adrian
Had the same problem with my GeForce 6600 LE and stumbled across this site looking for an answer.

After looking at other instructions I went to the Display options (off the desktop or control panel), selected the Settings Tab, hit Advanced, clicked on the GeForce **00... Tab, turned on the Nvidia control panel, selected "Manage Custom Resolutions" and then hit Create....

Here I was having trouble in basic view but I clicked the "Advanced >>" button and at the bottom I changed the drop down box to Adapter. Then the two text boxes for active horizontal and vertical pixels became active so I put 1152 and 864 in there... tested and accepted it. You might have to go back to the display options window and specify the new resolution you created.

You can also create other screen sizes and if they are out of proportion it will pan and scan.

I know this thread is old but I hope this helps anyone else searching the web for similar info.

-Adrian

Posted 09/13/2007 09:37 AM   
Scroll To Top