stretching video over 2 monitors FX5700U
hi all, i'm new here. i have a question about my FX5700U in DualView or Horizontal Span modes. It works fine for everything except videos. i have 2 x 17inch monitors connected to the video card.

say, if i want to play an AVI or a DVD over both monitors, it will only play on one of them and not the other. the second monitor only shows a black screen.

i have gone into the nvidia properties and tried a few things but so far i either get a black screen on the 2nd monitor, or i get a mirror image. but i can't get the video to stretch over both monitors.

i'm using this card on a P4 2.4GHz running Windows 2000 Server.

this is not the main reason why i have 2 monitors connected to this PC, but it would be nice to have this feature available.

could anyone tell me if it's possible to achieve the above?

TIA
hi all, i'm new here. i have a question about my FX5700U in DualView or Horizontal Span modes. It works fine for everything except videos. i have 2 x 17inch monitors connected to the video card.

say, if i want to play an AVI or a DVD over both monitors, it will only play on one of them and not the other. the second monitor only shows a black screen.

i have gone into the nvidia properties and tried a few things but so far i either get a black screen on the 2nd monitor, or i get a mirror image. but i can't get the video to stretch over both monitors.

i'm using this card on a P4 2.4GHz running Windows 2000 Server.

this is not the main reason why i have 2 monitors connected to this PC, but it would be nice to have this feature available.

could anyone tell me if it's possible to achieve the above?

TIA

Posted 12/27/2005 04:36 PM   
turn off video overlays in your player software...
turn off video overlays in your player software...

Posted 12/27/2005 08:16 PM   
turning off video overlays worked for Horizontal Span mode, but not for DualView, but that''s OK. i''m happy with that.

thank you.
turning off video overlays worked for Horizontal Span mode, but not for DualView, but that''s OK. i''m happy with that.

thank you.

Posted 12/27/2005 09:57 PM   
Scroll To Top