Email Nvidia?
Can/Has anyone sent a e-mail to nvidia regaurding the 81.XX driver lockups, and gotten a response?
Can/Has anyone sent a e-mail to nvidia regaurding the 81.XX driver lockups, and gotten a response?

My Specs: AMD® Athlon-64 4800+ CPU, Gigabyte nForce4-SLI AMD Motherboard, 2 GB Kingston Hyper-X Ram, X2 Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX (79.11), BFG Tech 600Watt Power Supply, Seagate: Barracuda 150 GB 7200 RPM, Creative Lab Sound Blaster Audigy-2 ZS 7.1, Window XP PRO (SP2)

Posted 12/16/2005 02:42 AM   
You would get more response from emailing God Himself.
You would get more response from emailing God Himself.

It better be.

Posted 12/16/2005 02:49 AM   
[quote name='bigtabs' date='Dec 15 2005, 09:49 PM']You would get more response from emailing God Himself.
[right][post="61691"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Bruce almighty anyone? (answer all "YES")
[quote name='bigtabs' date='Dec 15 2005, 09:49 PM']You would get more response from emailing God Himself.

[post="61691"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Bruce almighty anyone? (answer all "YES")

Posted 12/16/2005 05:10 AM   
[quote name='bassman61588' date='Dec 16 2005, 05:42 AM']Can/Has anyone sent a e-mail to nvidia regaurding the 81.XX driver lockups, and gotten a response?
[right][post="61689"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I've seen couple of quotes from the e-mails sent to nVidia. They all pretty much say that nVidia doesn't listen or react to the bugs reported by individuals. They only serve the board manufacturers.

So, perhaps everyone should contact their GPU manufacturer and report the problems that way? Especially if your GPU manufacturer engourages to use the latest Forceware drivers and doesn't provide it's own.
[quote name='bassman61588' date='Dec 16 2005, 05:42 AM']Can/Has anyone sent a e-mail to nvidia regaurding the 81.XX driver lockups, and gotten a response?

[post="61689"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I've seen couple of quotes from the e-mails sent to nVidia. They all pretty much say that nVidia doesn't listen or react to the bugs reported by individuals. They only serve the board manufacturers.

So, perhaps everyone should contact their GPU manufacturer and report the problems that way? Especially if your GPU manufacturer engourages to use the latest Forceware drivers and doesn't provide it's own.

Posted 12/16/2005 05:55 AM   
Well, I tried e-mailing Gainward a while back.

Their response? Well, according to Gainward, the 80.xx driver (that I reported an issue with) was only for the game "F.E.A.R.". They adviced me to roll back to the older 7x.xx drivers. Which I had already done, but the reason I e-mailed them was to provide feedback to nVidia.

On my system, the 32-bit 8x.xx drivers only work when I reduce my memory. I have to keep the address space below 4GB or else. The 64-bit drivers are fine and 32-bit 7x.xx drivers are fine as well. 32-bit 8x.xx will barely let me boot 32-bit Windows 2003. (major display corruption -- I can only see half the dialogs that usually appear)

I've tried both 6600 GT and 7800 GTX. Unfortunately both are Gainward cards. :( (their availability here is difficult to surpass)
Well, I tried e-mailing Gainward a while back.

Their response? Well, according to Gainward, the 80.xx driver (that I reported an issue with) was only for the game "F.E.A.R.". They adviced me to roll back to the older 7x.xx drivers. Which I had already done, but the reason I e-mailed them was to provide feedback to nVidia.

On my system, the 32-bit 8x.xx drivers only work when I reduce my memory. I have to keep the address space below 4GB or else. The 64-bit drivers are fine and 32-bit 7x.xx drivers are fine as well. 32-bit 8x.xx will barely let me boot 32-bit Windows 2003. (major display corruption -- I can only see half the dialogs that usually appear)

I've tried both 6600 GT and 7800 GTX. Unfortunately both are Gainward cards. :( (their availability here is difficult to surpass)

Posted 12/17/2005 12:05 PM   
[quote]NVIDIA's reference drivers are provided on an supported "as is" basis with no warranty or support services from NVIDIA. End users may get phone or email support from the card manufacturer or vendor. [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/support_aic"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/support_aic[/url] NVIDIA only provides a mechanism for Developers such as Microsoft, card manufactures, or board providers to file bug reports on reference drivers after they have tested and reproduced the problem the end user reports. We encourage you to contact your manufacturer to file any software bug or to seek hardware support. You may also visit the user forums on [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/"]http://forums.nvidia.com/[/url] if you wish to post your experiences or ask questions as they are actually monitored by NVIDIA.[/quote]
NVIDIA's reference drivers are provided on an supported "as is" basis with no warranty or support services from NVIDIA. End users may get phone or email support from the card manufacturer or vendor. http://www.nvidia.com/object/support_aic NVIDIA only provides a mechanism for Developers such as Microsoft, card manufactures, or board providers to file bug reports on reference drivers after they have tested and reproduced the problem the end user reports. We encourage you to contact your manufacturer to file any software bug or to seek hardware support. You may also visit the user forums on http://forums.nvidia.com/ if you wish to post your experiences or ask questions as they are actually monitored by NVIDIA.

Posted 12/21/2005 01:41 PM   
[quote name='Rampe' date='Dec 16 2005, 01:55 AM']I've seen couple of quotes from the e-mails sent to nVidia. They all pretty much say that nVidia doesn't listen or react to the bugs reported by individuals. They only serve the board manufacturers.

[right][post="61704"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I use an MSI vid card and I have the same video playback problems using either MSI drivers or nvideas drivers.All drivers since 71.xx cause this problem,except most recent from nvidea 81.98.CONCLUSION:THIS IS NVIDEAS PROBLEM,THEY SHOULD FIX IT!I dont know if the next driver is going to cause me problems(maybe I should buy an ATI card instead)
[quote name='Rampe' date='Dec 16 2005, 01:55 AM']I've seen couple of quotes from the e-mails sent to nVidia. They all pretty much say that nVidia doesn't listen or react to the bugs reported by individuals. They only serve the board manufacturers.

[post="61704"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I use an MSI vid card and I have the same video playback problems using either MSI drivers or nvideas drivers.All drivers since 71.xx cause this problem,except most recent from nvidea 81.98.CONCLUSION:THIS IS NVIDEAS PROBLEM,THEY SHOULD FIX IT!I dont know if the next driver is going to cause me problems(maybe I should buy an ATI card instead)

Posted 02/07/2006 12:03 PM   
i think that general public opinion about nVidia should be changed! Their golden age of drivers has long passed away and now they sucks big time! Maybe they do have the fastest GPU, but what use u have of it if u cant use it as it should be used... i mean, what use i have if GPU only works fine with 3Dmark and makes problems with any other 3D application?

they should be atacked by media, like theinquirer.com and tomshardware.com, to give them bad reputation (which they honestly deserve).
Allso, this net petitions seems to work. who's good with web design? Lets make petition with all the problems we have with nvidia drivers in which we demand one fully stable version which has fixes for all those problems, and let it go on the net. I'll tell ya, ppl will sign it like crazy! maybe then, when we manage to get medias attention, someone in nvidia would move their buts and solve those thing once for all...
I know i sound unreal, but i sick of those companies that only runs for profit. I bet that nvidia doesn't have time for fixing problems cause they are rushing to program drivers for next generation of GPUs (for directx 10). well, i shurley wont buy their directx 10 GPU based card if they plain to support it with rushed crappy drivers like we have now...
i think that general public opinion about nVidia should be changed! Their golden age of drivers has long passed away and now they sucks big time! Maybe they do have the fastest GPU, but what use u have of it if u cant use it as it should be used... i mean, what use i have if GPU only works fine with 3Dmark and makes problems with any other 3D application?

they should be atacked by media, like theinquirer.com and tomshardware.com, to give them bad reputation (which they honestly deserve).

Allso, this net petitions seems to work. who's good with web design? Lets make petition with all the problems we have with nvidia drivers in which we demand one fully stable version which has fixes for all those problems, and let it go on the net. I'll tell ya, ppl will sign it like crazy! maybe then, when we manage to get medias attention, someone in nvidia would move their buts and solve those thing once for all...

I know i sound unreal, but i sick of those companies that only runs for profit. I bet that nvidia doesn't have time for fixing problems cause they are rushing to program drivers for next generation of GPUs (for directx 10). well, i shurley wont buy their directx 10 GPU based card if they plain to support it with rushed crappy drivers like we have now...

Posted 02/07/2006 12:58 PM   
I went the full official route and here is what I got twice:

"Response (tw) 01/31/2006 01:16 PM
Hello,

NVIDIA only provides a mechanism for Game Developers, card or motherboard manufactures to file bug reports on reference drivers after they have tested and reproduced the problem the end user reports. We encourage you to continue to work with your manufacturer to file any software bug or to seek hardware or software support. If NVIDIA is able to reproduce the bug, the company will work towards providing a fix through our next reference driver update release in the future.

Best regards,
NVIDIA "

I am working with XFX and the rep there said Nvidia will not even take Bugs from them, it has to come from their superiors and deemed valid. Nvidia will not work on isolated issues. They will work on issues that are affecting several people.

[u][i][b] You must contact your Card or MB manufacturer if you want anything done about your problems. Nvidia only supplies the chipset and drivers for the manufacturers. What and how the manufacturer makes the final product affects the driver function and compatibility.[/b][/i][/u]

The more issues get back to Nvidia the "official" way, the better and quicker our problems will be solved. So call your vendor and kind, but persistent. Do not give up.
I went the full official route and here is what I got twice:

"Response (tw) 01/31/2006 01:16 PM

Hello,

NVIDIA only provides a mechanism for Game Developers, card or motherboard manufactures to file bug reports on reference drivers after they have tested and reproduced the problem the end user reports. We encourage you to continue to work with your manufacturer to file any software bug or to seek hardware or software support. If NVIDIA is able to reproduce the bug, the company will work towards providing a fix through our next reference driver update release in the future.

Best regards,

NVIDIA "

I am working with XFX and the rep there said Nvidia will not even take Bugs from them, it has to come from their superiors and deemed valid. Nvidia will not work on isolated issues. They will work on issues that are affecting several people.

You must contact your Card or MB manufacturer if you want anything done about your problems. Nvidia only supplies the chipset and drivers for the manufacturers. What and how the manufacturer makes the final product affects the driver function and compatibility.

The more issues get back to Nvidia the "official" way, the better and quicker our problems will be solved. So call your vendor and kind, but persistent. Do not give up.

Posted 02/07/2006 03:07 PM   
I hate all nVidia Drivers (I mean it seriously) (!)
I cannot play if the driver says each second:"To Hot, no electricity etc." :angry: but my Graphic card is approximately 38° hot (!) (!) (!)
And the additional streamed is connected (!)
That disturbs (!)
The driver should say that only once (!)
nVida, pleas removes this f*****g bug (!) pleas (!)
I hate all nVidia Drivers (I mean it seriously) (!)

I cannot play if the driver says each second:"To Hot, no electricity etc." :angry: but my Graphic card is approximately 38° hot (!) (!) (!)

And the additional streamed is connected (!)

That disturbs (!)

The driver should say that only once (!)

nVida, pleas removes this f*****g bug (!) pleas (!)

Posted 02/07/2006 03:12 PM   
Interesting. Perhaps this is why they only accept bug responses from manufacturers who have verified the issue.

*shrugs*

Everyone has bad spots - ATI had a bug that delayed their R520 by months - far more inconveinient than a software one. They''ll get it fixed one day I''m sure.
Interesting. Perhaps this is why they only accept bug responses from manufacturers who have verified the issue.

*shrugs*

Everyone has bad spots - ATI had a bug that delayed their R520 by months - far more inconveinient than a software one. They''ll get it fixed one day I''m sure.

Posted 02/08/2006 12:15 PM   
For a company that just recently lost a lawsuit you would figure they would do anything in their power to help their customer base. Dell M1710 7950 GTX video card went out yesterday and I missed the March 14th deadline. Called Nvidia and they said to call Dell or the claim 1-800 number. Really Nvidia you wont help me with my card cause I missed the date by under two months? If this problem is not fixed by the Nvidia staff I will never buy another thing with their GPU again. Nvidia you are a company that has no brass when it comes to backing your products, a lawyer had to weasel that money out of your pockets and even still you have not learned your lesson. Nvidia, this is good-bye.
For a company that just recently lost a lawsuit you would figure they would do anything in their power to help their customer base. Dell M1710 7950 GTX video card went out yesterday and I missed the March 14th deadline. Called Nvidia and they said to call Dell or the claim 1-800 number. Really Nvidia you wont help me with my card cause I missed the date by under two months? If this problem is not fixed by the Nvidia staff I will never buy another thing with their GPU again. Nvidia you are a company that has no brass when it comes to backing your products, a lawyer had to weasel that money out of your pockets and even still you have not learned your lesson. Nvidia, this is good-bye.

Posted 05/03/2011 11:06 PM   
[quote name='BUSTED7950GTX' date='04 May 2011 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1304463977' post='1233193']
[/quote]

Why did you have to revive a 5 year old thread for this...

In any case, you missed the deadline, your fault.

[quote name='BUSTED7950GTX' date='04 May 2011 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1304463977' post='1233193']

Why did you have to revive a 5 year old thread for this...

In any case, you missed the deadline, your fault.

As mentioned over at https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/709328/geforce-drivers/nvidia-windows-kernel-mode-driver-335-23-stopped-responding-and-was-recovered-successfully/ -- getting nVidia onto Hacker News' front page would be a good start.

Posted 07/04/2014 04:43 PM   
Scroll To Top