nForce3 5.11 drivers BSOD Network/ethernet driver at fault
  1 / 2    
Since all that has changed between 5.10 and 5.11 are the ethernet/network drivers I am assuming this is what is at issue here. I uninstall 5.10 and install 5.11 and when is gets to the network part of the install a BSOD happens and then a reboot. I installed the network drivers manually and that worked, but now if I try to change any of the network properties in the NVidia network driver I get a BSOD as well. I tried to revert back to the 5.10, but BSOD now persists since I installed 5.11 even when I uninstall it and reinstall 5.10. Luckily I have a 1Gb port as well on my Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 motherboard and I disabled my NVidia port all together in the BIOS and use the Marvell for now.

Has anyone had any success with the 5.11 and if so what mobo are you using?

/thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />
Since all that has changed between 5.10 and 5.11 are the ethernet/network drivers I am assuming this is what is at issue here. I uninstall 5.10 and install 5.11 and when is gets to the network part of the install a BSOD happens and then a reboot. I installed the network drivers manually and that worked, but now if I try to change any of the network properties in the NVidia network driver I get a BSOD as well. I tried to revert back to the 5.10, but BSOD now persists since I installed 5.11 even when I uninstall it and reinstall 5.10. Luckily I have a 1Gb port as well on my Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 motherboard and I disabled my NVidia port all together in the BIOS and use the Marvell for now.

M18x R1 • 2960XM @ 4.1 GHz • 780M SLI • 16GB 1600 MHz @ 9.9.9.28 • 1TB RAID 0 • 3DMark11 12600

Posted 11/11/2005 04:45 PM   
[quote name='LqM' date='Nov 11 2005, 04:45 PM']Since all that has changed between 5.10 and 5.11 are the ethernet/network drivers I am assuming this is what is at issue here. I uninstall 5.10 and install 5.11 and when is gets to the network part of the install a BSOD happens and then a reboot. I installed the network drivers manually and that worked, but now if I try to change any of the network properties in the NVidia network driver I get a BSOD as well. I tried to revert back to the 5.10, but BSOD now persists since I installed 5.11 even when I uninstall it and reinstall 5.10. Luckily I have a 1Gb port as well on my Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 motherboard and I disabled my NVidia port all together in the BIOS and use the Marvell for now.

[right][post="57187"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Shame on Nvidia, I have the same problem with ASUS K8N and heard many bad reports on many other sites. Looks like they lost their minds. Maybe they should fire all their driver developing staff, as their are a useless bunch. Something so simple made so complicated.
[quote name='LqM' date='Nov 11 2005, 04:45 PM']Since all that has changed between 5.10 and 5.11 are the ethernet/network drivers I am assuming this is what is at issue here. I uninstall 5.10 and install 5.11 and when is gets to the network part of the install a BSOD happens and then a reboot. I installed the network drivers manually and that worked, but now if I try to change any of the network properties in the NVidia network driver I get a BSOD as well. I tried to revert back to the 5.10, but BSOD now persists since I installed 5.11 even when I uninstall it and reinstall 5.10. Luckily I have a 1Gb port as well on my Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 motherboard and I disabled my NVidia port all together in the BIOS and use the Marvell for now.

[post="57187"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Shame on Nvidia, I have the same problem with ASUS K8N and heard many bad reports on many other sites. Looks like they lost their minds. Maybe they should fire all their driver developing staff, as their are a useless bunch. Something so simple made so complicated.

Posted 11/11/2005 05:16 PM   
Ditto for me here on the 5.11s. I got a BSOD from nvnrm.sys when I tried to do ANY ONE of the following:

1. Install the ethernet driver.
2. Uninstall the ethernet driver.
3. Disable the network card.
4. Uninstall the network card using the Device Manager.

I was finally able to remove the network card by manually deleting nvnrm.sys.

I have since reverted back to the 5.10 drivers.
Ditto for me here on the 5.11s. I got a BSOD from nvnrm.sys when I tried to do ANY ONE of the following:

1. Install the ethernet driver.

2. Uninstall the ethernet driver.

3. Disable the network card.

4. Uninstall the network card using the Device Manager.

I was finally able to remove the network card by manually deleting nvnrm.sys.

I have since reverted back to the 5.10 drivers.

Posted 11/13/2005 09:08 AM   
I had the same problem on my dfi nf3 board.
I managed to uninstall, and I just installed everything BUT the ethernet contoller (from the 5.11's) I then just installed the ethernet from the 5.10's and everything works fine. I can disable my ethernet, and my sytem actually appears to boot faster and load games a little faster.
I had the same problem on my dfi nf3 board.

I managed to uninstall, and I just installed everything BUT the ethernet contoller (from the 5.11's) I then just installed the ethernet from the 5.10's and everything works fine. I can disable my ethernet, and my sytem actually appears to boot faster and load games a little faster.

Posted 11/13/2005 04:02 PM   
@darklight

which nvnrm.sys did you uninstall? igot 3 of them on my hdd. 1 in the nvidia folder and 2 in the system 32 folder.
@darklight

which nvnrm.sys did you uninstall? igot 3 of them on my hdd. 1 in the nvidia folder and 2 in the system 32 folder.

Posted 11/21/2005 05:02 PM   
I have a Soltek 8KAN2E+ nForce3 250GB motherboard. After reinstalling WinXP SP2 yesterday (because it was getting bogged down in something or the other), I decided to give the nForce3 5.11 drivers a go despite hearing about all the problems with the ethernet drivers. So, installed away, and the system immediately hard rebooted when the installation got to the ethernet - but it did install something, since the yellow WinXP notification balloon popped up saying new ethernet controller hardware was found. After that I reinstalled the 5.11 drivers, this time without attempting the ethernet part of the install, and everything seems to be fine now.

I don't think it got as far as the web-based configuration installation, but I have ethernet access at least (using the internet right now in fact through an ethernet-based ADSL connection - no problems as far as I can see, apart from picking up the Win32:Trojano-2949 [Trj] virus from somewhere, but that's probably not nVidia's fault).
I have a Soltek 8KAN2E+ nForce3 250GB motherboard. After reinstalling WinXP SP2 yesterday (because it was getting bogged down in something or the other), I decided to give the nForce3 5.11 drivers a go despite hearing about all the problems with the ethernet drivers. So, installed away, and the system immediately hard rebooted when the installation got to the ethernet - but it did install something, since the yellow WinXP notification balloon popped up saying new ethernet controller hardware was found. After that I reinstalled the 5.11 drivers, this time without attempting the ethernet part of the install, and everything seems to be fine now.

I don't think it got as far as the web-based configuration installation, but I have ethernet access at least (using the internet right now in fact through an ethernet-based ADSL connection - no problems as far as I can see, apart from picking up the Win32:Trojano-2949 [Trj] virus from somewhere, but that's probably not nVidia's fault).

Posted 11/24/2005 05:23 PM   
[quote name='ajhubble' date='Nov 25 2005, 04:23 AM']I have a Soltek 8KAN2E+ nForce3 250GB motherboard. After reinstalling WinXP SP2 yesterday (because it was getting bogged down in something or the other), I decided to give the nForce3 5.11 drivers a go despite hearing about all the problems with the ethernet drivers. So, installed away, and the system immediately hard rebooted when the installation got to the ethernet - but it did install something, since the yellow WinXP notification balloon popped up saying new ethernet controller hardware was found. After that I reinstalled the 5.11 drivers, this time without attempting the ethernet part of the install, and everything seems to be fine now.

[right][post="58949"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Thank God....

I had the 5.11's cranking for the last few weeks with no Issue's. But Today I did a reformat because I got an ATI Video Card and I had a Nvidia one before hand. I then tried using the 5.11's again and it hard booted. The first time it happened windows would not load, so I reformatted again. This time I used 5.10's. Just tried 5.11's again and same deal but atleast it's Booting this time.
[quote name='ajhubble' date='Nov 25 2005, 04:23 AM']I have a Soltek 8KAN2E+ nForce3 250GB motherboard. After reinstalling WinXP SP2 yesterday (because it was getting bogged down in something or the other), I decided to give the nForce3 5.11 drivers a go despite hearing about all the problems with the ethernet drivers. So, installed away, and the system immediately hard rebooted when the installation got to the ethernet - but it did install something, since the yellow WinXP notification balloon popped up saying new ethernet controller hardware was found. After that I reinstalled the 5.11 drivers, this time without attempting the ethernet part of the install, and everything seems to be fine now.

[post="58949"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thank God....

I had the 5.11's cranking for the last few weeks with no Issue's. But Today I did a reformat because I got an ATI Video Card and I had a Nvidia one before hand. I then tried using the 5.11's again and it hard booted. The first time it happened windows would not load, so I reformatted again. This time I used 5.10's. Just tried 5.11's again and same deal but atleast it's Booting this time.

Posted 11/28/2005 11:28 AM   
[quote name='aware' date='Nov 21 2005, 12:02 PM']@darklight

[right][post="58543"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I don't check these forums very often.

I deleted the nvnrm.sys in the system32 folder (I only had 1, not 2), rebooted, then uninstalled the nForce3 5.11 drivers.
[quote name='aware' date='Nov 21 2005, 12:02 PM']@darklight

[post="58543"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I don't check these forums very often.

I deleted the nvnrm.sys in the system32 folder (I only had 1, not 2), rebooted, then uninstalled the nForce3 5.11 drivers.

Posted 12/01/2005 12:49 AM   
I have tried the last x64 driver packs and always used the 5.10 with success. Everything else that I try gives blue screens or I have no Inet connection. Something stinks lately w/ Nvidia's ethernet driver release. I am using a DFI NF3 250gb and x64 RC2.

The best part is I can't even uninstall the bad drivers, they eithe stick or I get BSOD's.

this needs a serious fix PASS IT ON ADMIN!!!!!!!!!!

dc

[quote name='darklight_tr' date='Nov 30 2005, 04:49 PM']Sorry it took me so long to reply.  I don't check these forums very often.

[right][post="59785"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I have
I have tried the last x64 driver packs and always used the 5.10 with success. Everything else that I try gives blue screens or I have no Inet connection. Something stinks lately w/ Nvidia's ethernet driver release. I am using a DFI NF3 250gb and x64 RC2.

The best part is I can't even uninstall the bad drivers, they eithe stick or I get BSOD's.

this needs a serious fix PASS IT ON ADMIN!!!!!!!!!!

dc

[quote name='darklight_tr' date='Nov 30 2005, 04:49 PM']Sorry it took me so long to reply.  I don't check these forums very often.

[post="59785"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have

Posted 12/11/2005 02:55 AM   
I'm having the same problems as everybody else on this board. Nforce3Ultra Epox boards, A few seem to work without problem, but on most (I manage about 10 computers) I've disabled the onboard and went with Intel GB cards.

Most of the problem computers send packets but never receive any, If you go to the network control panel in Windows XP and try to change the Duplex settings, say from Autoneg, to 100 Half Duplex, the computer instantly reboots.

This is with the 5.11 drivers
I'm having the same problems as everybody else on this board. Nforce3Ultra Epox boards, A few seem to work without problem, but on most (I manage about 10 computers) I've disabled the onboard and went with Intel GB cards.

Most of the problem computers send packets but never receive any, If you go to the network control panel in Windows XP and try to change the Duplex settings, say from Autoneg, to 100 Half Duplex, the computer instantly reboots.

This is with the 5.11 drivers

Posted 12/15/2005 02:21 AM   
same problem here, had to remove the 5.11 drivers for the bus and the card then install
the 5.10 drivers , everything back to normal since then, they took a year for a driver update and now we cant use the ethernet drivers.
The BSOD happens when the NIC changes state from disabled to enabled or the other way around.

Specs:
MSI K8N Neo Platinum
AMD Athlon64 2800+
ATI 9200SE 128MB GFX
512 x 1 + 256 x1 RAM

PS: On a side note howmany here having this problem r on an ati card ?
same problem here, had to remove the 5.11 drivers for the bus and the card then install

the 5.10 drivers , everything back to normal since then, they took a year for a driver update and now we cant use the ethernet drivers.

The BSOD happens when the NIC changes state from disabled to enabled or the other way around.

Specs:

MSI K8N Neo Platinum

AMD Athlon64 2800+

ATI 9200SE 128MB GFX

512 x 1 + 256 x1 RAM

PS: On a side note howmany here having this problem r on an ati card ?

Posted 12/15/2005 05:10 AM   
[quote name='chezy' date='Dec 15 2005, 12:10 AM']PS: On a side note howmany here having this problem r on an ati card ?
[right][post="61557"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I use a 6600 GT in the machine with the nForce 3 board, so this problem happens to NVIDIA users too.
[quote name='chezy' date='Dec 15 2005, 12:10 AM']PS: On a side note howmany here having this problem r on an ati card ?

[post="61557"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I use a 6600 GT in the machine with the nForce 3 board, so this problem happens to NVIDIA users too.

Posted 12/16/2005 02:10 AM   
I found this doing a google search and must share.

Ok today i decided to reformat my C partition.

Ive been writing bad disk and getting a lot of errors on my DVDs. I thought it would be a good time to reformat and redo my C: So i did my routine. I download all the drivers im going to needed in advance and set them on a seperate HDD. When I got my Windows XP SP2 going. The first thing I do is install the nforce3 drivers. Those being the lastest 5.11 WHQL. During the install process my computer randomly rebooted on the ethernet installation bar. Got to the middle and "click" at that point it would not boot to the windows XP screen. So i had to go through the ENTIRE XP SP2 installation. Only this time i busted out with my nvidia 5.10 drivers. Unchecked all boxes execpt ethernet and installed my ethernet driver and gave my PC a fresh reboot. Then proceded to reinstall the 5.11 drivers and overwrite the 5.10 ethernet driver with the 5.11. Now the computer is running fine.

When my PC randomly restarts I try to investigate. Also my PC was OCed 225 FSB on the first try and I set it back to defaults on the second. Now that i find everyone is having strage problems with ethernet I find relief that its just the driver and not my PC being OCed. Im still going to run PRIME/MEMTEST overnight just to make sure.

I think there is definatley a lot of work necessary for nvidia reguarding thier ethernet ports. I owned a MSI NEO PLATINIUM and one day on a large download from file planet I went from 300KB/S to 0 and could never get the interet to work again till i bought a PCI realtek ethernet card. (DLINK) Now i own a far more stable ASUS K8N E-Deluxe. The ethernet sometimes goes off! Then i power down pc turn power all the way off from PSU empty the carge (bump the power button unplugged basically) and restart. Thats the only way the ethernet will work again. Im hoping my PC doesnt become a BSOD mess. This PC has run for months 100% stable.

Hopefully, others will read this and gain a little something. By the way im using an ATI Radeon 9600se. For the guy who asked

We should list all our hardware to eliminate an obscure compatibility issue. Also list your OC settings if any.

K8N E-Deluxe BIOS 1009 (any of the newer bios gives me problems)
Plextor 716 SATA
Plextor 740A EIDE
Sony DVD-ROM EIDE
AMD 3000+ @2.0 OC 2.25
ATI radeon 9600se
Enermax Coolergiant 480W
WD SATA 250GB
Seagate 300GB Eide.
2x512 Patriot OC edition DDR1 DDR600 running at DDR 450 2-3-3-6 1t
19 inch Samsung LCD 930 BF using the D-sub

ONE LAST THING LOOK AT THE POST BY A GUY NAMED EASTLY
I found this doing a google search and must share.

Ok today i decided to reformat my C partition.

Ive been writing bad disk and getting a lot of errors on my DVDs. I thought it would be a good time to reformat and redo my C: So i did my routine. I download all the drivers im going to needed in advance and set them on a seperate HDD. When I got my Windows XP SP2 going. The first thing I do is install the nforce3 drivers. Those being the lastest 5.11 WHQL. During the install process my computer randomly rebooted on the ethernet installation bar. Got to the middle and "click" at that point it would not boot to the windows XP screen. So i had to go through the ENTIRE XP SP2 installation. Only this time i busted out with my nvidia 5.10 drivers. Unchecked all boxes execpt ethernet and installed my ethernet driver and gave my PC a fresh reboot. Then proceded to reinstall the 5.11 drivers and overwrite the 5.10 ethernet driver with the 5.11. Now the computer is running fine.

When my PC randomly restarts I try to investigate. Also my PC was OCed 225 FSB on the first try and I set it back to defaults on the second. Now that i find everyone is having strage problems with ethernet I find relief that its just the driver and not my PC being OCed. Im still going to run PRIME/MEMTEST overnight just to make sure.

I think there is definatley a lot of work necessary for nvidia reguarding thier ethernet ports. I owned a MSI NEO PLATINIUM and one day on a large download from file planet I went from 300KB/S to 0 and could never get the interet to work again till i bought a PCI realtek ethernet card. (DLINK) Now i own a far more stable ASUS K8N E-Deluxe. The ethernet sometimes goes off! Then i power down pc turn power all the way off from PSU empty the carge (bump the power button unplugged basically) and restart. Thats the only way the ethernet will work again. Im hoping my PC doesnt become a BSOD mess. This PC has run for months 100% stable.

Hopefully, others will read this and gain a little something. By the way im using an ATI Radeon 9600se. For the guy who asked

We should list all our hardware to eliminate an obscure compatibility issue. Also list your OC settings if any.

K8N E-Deluxe BIOS 1009 (any of the newer bios gives me problems)

Plextor 716 SATA

Plextor 740A EIDE

Sony DVD-ROM EIDE

AMD 3000+ @2.0 OC 2.25

ATI radeon 9600se

Enermax Coolergiant 480W

WD SATA 250GB

Seagate 300GB Eide.

2x512 Patriot OC edition DDR1 DDR600 running at DDR 450 2-3-3-6 1t

19 inch Samsung LCD 930 BF using the D-sub

ONE LAST THING LOOK AT THE POST BY A GUY NAMED EASTLY

Posted 01/16/2006 11:00 AM   
My Dfi Lanparty UT NF3 ULTRA-D has the same problem... ="=
My Dfi Lanparty UT NF3 ULTRA-D has the same problem... ="=

Posted 02/19/2006 07:42 AM   
I just recently bought a DFI LanParty UT NF3 250Gb motherboard and have been having major problems with exactly this: the network card installation. I will have to try installing the 5.10 Ethernet driver but i was wondering if anybody else had experimented with changing the interface type in their BIOS? It seems to crash in different places with the different options I chose. (this could be an option specific to my mobo or not idk but i have "Pin Strap", "MII", and "RGMII" as options). It seems to work best to install this when it is set to MII....but then the Ethernet doesn't receive anything (once i got the firewall part installed and it said i was receiving things but windows was insisting i was receiving nothing). The Ethernet only works when set to Pin Strap or RGMII but it still crashes when installing on those options. I have also tried this at many different levels of OC (From stock at an FSB of 200 to FSB250 at DDR450)

Btw for those who want to know here are the other components of the system:

CPU: AMD Sempron 3100+
RAM: 1Gb TwinX Corsair XMS Pro C2
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9600XT
HD: WD 150Gb Raptor
I just recently bought a DFI LanParty UT NF3 250Gb motherboard and have been having major problems with exactly this: the network card installation. I will have to try installing the 5.10 Ethernet driver but i was wondering if anybody else had experimented with changing the interface type in their BIOS? It seems to crash in different places with the different options I chose. (this could be an option specific to my mobo or not idk but i have "Pin Strap", "MII", and "RGMII" as options). It seems to work best to install this when it is set to MII....but then the Ethernet doesn't receive anything (once i got the firewall part installed and it said i was receiving things but windows was insisting i was receiving nothing). The Ethernet only works when set to Pin Strap or RGMII but it still crashes when installing on those options. I have also tried this at many different levels of OC (From stock at an FSB of 200 to FSB250 at DDR450)

Btw for those who want to know here are the other components of the system:

CPU: AMD Sempron 3100+

RAM: 1Gb TwinX Corsair XMS Pro C2

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 9600XT

HD: WD 150Gb Raptor

Posted 08/08/2006 03:50 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top