Difference between forceware and display drivers?
I noticed that when I installed the latest display drivers it said to make sure that I have uninstalled the forceware drivers too. So I pulled up the forceware drivers installion and it looked like it was going to install display drivers. What are the difference between these too?
I noticed that when I installed the latest display drivers it said to make sure that I have uninstalled the forceware drivers too. So I pulled up the forceware drivers installion and it looked like it was going to install display drivers. What are the difference between these too?

Posted 08/18/2005 09:00 PM   
Forceware drivers are the display drivers of all Geforce series wrapped in one download.
Forceware drivers are the display drivers of all Geforce series wrapped in one download.

Posted 08/19/2005 07:56 PM   
[quote name='3leggedcow' date='Aug 19 2005, 02:56 PM']Forceware drivers are the display drivers of all Geforce series wrapped in one download.
[right][post="46943"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Ok, so I don't ever need to update the "forceware" drivers? They are basically just display drivers?
[quote name='3leggedcow' date='Aug 19 2005, 02:56 PM']Forceware drivers are the display drivers of all Geforce series wrapped in one download.

[post="46943"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Ok, so I don't ever need to update the "forceware" drivers? They are basically just display drivers?

Posted 08/20/2005 12:43 AM   
*BUMP*

Someone else please try and explain this to me, I don't think that they are the same thing.
*BUMP*

Someone else please try and explain this to me, I don't think that they are the same thing.

Posted 08/25/2005 08:03 PM   
[quote name='KingOfHearts' date='Aug 25 2005, 09:03 PM']*BUMP*

[right][post="47600"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Right the forcewares are the display drivers and you can just install them and forget about them if you want. The reason why there are new versions, leaked betas (very unoffical) and offical every few months is that they contain fixes. The display driver contains all the basics of how to display windows. But it also contains all the information on how to draw the pixel shaded walls etc in games correctly.
It takes the game code and acts as an interpretation layer between that and the graphics hardware.

If a bug or a speed improvment is found an update will be issued. New games may also require a new driver if they do somthing in a compleatly different way.
[quote name='KingOfHearts' date='Aug 25 2005, 09:03 PM']*BUMP*

[post="47600"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Right the forcewares are the display drivers and you can just install them and forget about them if you want. The reason why there are new versions, leaked betas (very unoffical) and offical every few months is that they contain fixes. The display driver contains all the basics of how to display windows. But it also contains all the information on how to draw the pixel shaded walls etc in games correctly.

It takes the game code and acts as an interpretation layer between that and the graphics hardware.

If a bug or a speed improvment is found an update will be issued. New games may also require a new driver if they do somthing in a compleatly different way.

Posted 08/25/2005 09:18 PM   
[quote name='Demigod' date='Aug 25 2005, 04:18 PM']Right the forcewares are the display drivers and  you can just install them and forget about them if you want. The reason why there are new versions, leaked betas (very unoffical) and offical every few months is that they contain fixes. The display driver contains all the basics of how to display windows. But it also contains all the information on how to draw the pixel shaded walls etc in games correctly.

[right][post="47607"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Understood........thanks for the help.
[quote name='Demigod' date='Aug 25 2005, 04:18 PM']Right the forcewares are the display drivers and  you can just install them and forget about them if you want. The reason why there are new versions, leaked betas (very unoffical) and offical every few months is that they contain fixes. The display driver contains all the basics of how to display windows. But it also contains all the information on how to draw the pixel shaded walls etc in games correctly.

[post="47607"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Understood........thanks for the help.

Posted 08/26/2005 05:52 AM   
Scroll To Top