installing nvidia gpu driver on linux problem
whenever i install the nvidia gpu driver the gui won't even start up. i'll get an image of garble. i have suse 9.3. i tried installing the gpu driver through yast and also seperately by downloading from nvidia site and following readme instructions.
whenever i install the nvidia gpu driver the gui won't even start up. i'll get an image of garble. i have suse 9.3. i tried installing the gpu driver through yast and also seperately by downloading from nvidia site and following readme instructions.

Posted 07/16/2005 03:28 AM   
[quote name='vazel' date='Jul 16 2005, 04:28 AM']whenever i install the nvidia gpu driver the gui won't even start up. i'll get an image of garble.  i have suse 9.3. i tried installing the gpu driver through yast and also seperately by downloading from nvidia site and following readme instructions.
[right][snapback]42663[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Have the same prblem here only that i never goto the driver to run on any linux distro..(trying to get the best distro for me), only on distros that needed the driver, for example fedora it's better with: rpm.livna.org:(
trying to install it on slackware if helps anyway...slackware 12.1
[quote name='vazel' date='Jul 16 2005, 04:28 AM']whenever i install the nvidia gpu driver the gui won't even start up. i'll get an image of garble.  i have suse 9.3. i tried installing the gpu driver through yast and also seperately by downloading from nvidia site and following readme instructions.

[snapback]42663[/snapback]

Have the same prblem here only that i never goto the driver to run on any linux distro..(trying to get the best distro for me), only on distros that needed the driver, for example fedora it's better with: rpm.livna.org:(

trying to install it on slackware if helps anyway...slackware 12.1

Posted 09/06/2008 11:38 AM   
Scroll To Top