Problems with forceware detecting analog display
Hi guys,

Im having a very annoying problem with regards to my analog LCD monitor plugged into a DVI output on my 6800GT.. i am using the latest gfx drivers..

When my analog LCD monitor is plugged into my gfx card via a dvi-vga adapter the drivers detect my monitor as a digital monitor.. and thus the screen is blank when i get into windows :( I need the drivers to detect my analog monitor as an analog monitor and not a digital monitor for it to work..

Is there anyway that I can force my drivers to either detect my monitor as an analog monitor or to force the drivers to only output analog???

Any help would be very much appreciated.. I have looked everywhere.. and i believe tried everything within my knowledge.. including other forums.. to no avail..

Thank u for your time
Hi guys,

Im having a very annoying problem with regards to my analog LCD monitor plugged into a DVI output on my 6800GT.. i am using the latest gfx drivers..

When my analog LCD monitor is plugged into my gfx card via a dvi-vga adapter the drivers detect my monitor as a digital monitor.. and thus the screen is blank when i get into windows :( I need the drivers to detect my analog monitor as an analog monitor and not a digital monitor for it to work..

Is there anyway that I can force my drivers to either detect my monitor as an analog monitor or to force the drivers to only output analog???

Any help would be very much appreciated.. I have looked everywhere.. and i believe tried everything within my knowledge.. including other forums.. to no avail..

Thank u for your time

Posted 07/13/2005 05:42 AM   
Did you figure out how to fix this? I bought a PNY PCIe 6600GT tonight and it has 2 DVI ports. The DVI to VGA adapter works right up until the point that the NVidia drivers get installed, and then I get bupkis out of the thing because the drivers recognize my TV with a VGA input as a digital display! And I can't find a way to override it.

This is extremely frustrating.
Did you figure out how to fix this? I bought a PNY PCIe 6600GT tonight and it has 2 DVI ports. The DVI to VGA adapter works right up until the point that the NVidia drivers get installed, and then I get bupkis out of the thing because the drivers recognize my TV with a VGA input as a digital display! And I can't find a way to override it.

Posted 09/21/2005 01:16 AM   
[quote name='ShapeGSX' date='Sep 20 2005, 09:16 PM']Did you figure out how to fix this?  I bought a PNY PCIe 6600GT tonight and it has 2 DVI ports.  The DVI to VGA adapter works right up until the point that the NVidia drivers get installed, and then I get bupkis out of the thing because the drivers recognize my TV with a VGA input as a digital display!  And I can't find a way to override it.

[right][snapback]50399[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I am getting this same problem and I haven't found an answer anywhere. Since there hasn't been any replies to this I guess no one else knows why this is either?
[quote name='ShapeGSX' date='Sep 20 2005, 09:16 PM']Did you figure out how to fix this?  I bought a PNY PCIe 6600GT tonight and it has 2 DVI ports.  The DVI to VGA adapter works right up until the point that the NVidia drivers get installed, and then I get bupkis out of the thing because the drivers recognize my TV with a VGA input as a digital display!  And I can't find a way to override it.

[snapback]50399[/snapback]

I am getting this same problem and I haven't found an answer anywhere. Since there hasn't been any replies to this I guess no one else knows why this is either?

Posted 01/17/2007 09:29 AM   
Guess what guys, I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

I've been researching it a little bit over the past little while, and from what I can tell, lots of people are having this problem.

It would be nice to have a response other than "We are trying to reproduce this" from the lovely folks at nVidia.

if anyone has any ideas, feel free to email me at: tehdopefish AT gmail DOT com
Guess what guys, I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

I've been researching it a little bit over the past little while, and from what I can tell, lots of people are having this problem.

It would be nice to have a response other than "We are trying to reproduce this" from the lovely folks at nVidia.

Posted 02/07/2007 10:54 PM   
[quote name='tehdopefish' date='Feb 7 2007, 04:54 PM']Guess what guys, I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. 

[right][snapback]156989[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i was having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. on my LCD monitor as well, since i was running x64 at the time, i figured it was just shotty drivers since my monitor would black out during install.

so after months of dealing with one monitor i went to install some printer drivers, which apparantly dont exist for x64, so finally i formatted and went back to x86.

installed the lastest forceware drivers and dual monitors worked fine, untill today, my pc crashed during game play, and now forceware is detecting my analog display as digital..

ive tried 4 different vga to dvi converters, tried reinstalling drivers, doing anything to get back my second monitor.

still no luck.
[quote name='tehdopefish' date='Feb 7 2007, 04:54 PM']Guess what guys, I have the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. 

[snapback]156989[/snapback]

i was having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. on my LCD monitor as well, since i was running x64 at the time, i figured it was just shotty drivers since my monitor would black out during install.

so after months of dealing with one monitor i went to install some printer drivers, which apparantly dont exist for x64, so finally i formatted and went back to x86.

installed the lastest forceware drivers and dual monitors worked fine, untill today, my pc crashed during game play, and now forceware is detecting my analog display as digital..

ive tried 4 different vga to dvi converters, tried reinstalling drivers, doing anything to get back my second monitor.

still no luck.

Posted 02/09/2007 10:27 PM   
bump?

could this be linked the "Black screen" problem alot of people are getting?
bump?

could this be linked the "Black screen" problem alot of people are getting?

Posted 03/03/2007 03:00 PM   
Im having the same problem with Geforce 6800 Ultra, I've had the problem on XP and Vista. Earlier i fixed it by formating and a fresh install of windows, but I'd like to know a way to fix this that does not include formating my harddrive. The problem happends suddenly 3-4 months after a fresh install.
Im having the same problem with Geforce 6800 Ultra, I've had the problem on XP and Vista. Earlier i fixed it by formating and a fresh install of windows, but I'd like to know a way to fix this that does not include formating my harddrive. The problem happends suddenly 3-4 months after a fresh install.

Posted 04/15/2007 04:04 PM   
Suddenly = installed new drivers? Can't help you with lacking details...
Suddenly = installed new drivers? Can't help you with lacking details...

Posted 04/15/2007 04:09 PM   
suddenly as in one morning i got the black screen at boot, I've been using the same drivers for 3 months then yesterday I got the black screen, I hadnt installed anything new or done anything special with my computer the last week, since the black screen i've tried installing several different versions of the forceware drivers, all with the same black screen, I have to uninstall the drivers or disable the video card for my monitor to work. My hdtv connected trough s-video is working fine though.

I've posted a more detailed question on another forum:
[url="http://www.myadmindomain.com/viewtopic.php?t=103"]http://www.myadmindomain.com/viewtopic.php?t=103[/url]
suddenly as in one morning i got the black screen at boot, I've been using the same drivers for 3 months then yesterday I got the black screen, I hadnt installed anything new or done anything special with my computer the last week, since the black screen i've tried installing several different versions of the forceware drivers, all with the same black screen, I have to uninstall the drivers or disable the video card for my monitor to work. My hdtv connected trough s-video is working fine though.

I've posted a more detailed question on another forum:

http://www.myadmindomain.com/viewtopic.php?t=103

Posted 04/15/2007 06:54 PM   
I figured it out, somehow when my tv was connected it started recognizing my monitor as a digital display, I unplugged the tv and my monitor was recognized as a analog display again :) but it's odd as my tv has been connected for 6 months and didnt start to give problems before now.
I figured it out, somehow when my tv was connected it started recognizing my monitor as a digital display, I unplugged the tv and my monitor was recognized as a analog display again :) but it's odd as my tv has been connected for 6 months and didnt start to give problems before now.

Posted 04/15/2007 11:45 PM   
Scroll To Top