Black Screen on Windows Startup Leadtek GeForce 4 MX440
I just put in my new Geforce4 MX440, i go to install the drivers and reboot and as soon as windows is about to start the screen goes black,and then the monitor turns off.. Anybody got any ideas?Ive tried like 10 differnt drivers including the oldest one i could find,and the newest forceware drivers
I just put in my new Geforce4 MX440, i go to install the drivers and reboot and as soon as windows is about to start the screen goes black,and then the monitor turns off.. Anybody got any ideas?Ive tried like 10 differnt drivers including the oldest one i could find,and the newest forceware drivers

Posted 07/01/2005 07:00 PM   
boot up in safe mode and uninstall the drivers frim add/remove programs

restart normally

download driver cleaner from guru3d.com then READ THE INSTRUCTIONS

restart in safe mode and run driver cleaner to remove all traces of any previous graphics card (3dfx? ATI?) drivers ASWELL as the nvidia ones

restart normally

install your forceware drivers

restart

:magic:
boot up in safe mode and uninstall the drivers frim add/remove programs

restart normally

restart in safe mode and run driver cleaner to remove all traces of any previous graphics card (3dfx? ATI?) drivers ASWELL as the nvidia ones

restart normally

restart

It better be.

Posted 07/01/2005 07:20 PM   
[quote name='bigtabs' date='Jul 1 2005, 11:20 AM']boot up in safe mode and uninstall the drivers frim add/remove programs

restart normally

restart normally

restart

[right][post="40587"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

no luck...i called nvidia and leadtek earlier this morning and both said to leacve a message(i have yet to get the call returned /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' /> )
[quote name='bigtabs' date='Jul 1 2005, 11:20 AM']boot up in safe mode and uninstall the drivers frim add/remove programs

restart normally

restart normally

restart

[post="40587"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

no luck...i called nvidia and leadtek earlier this morning and both said to leacve a message(i have yet to get the call returned /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' /> )

Posted 07/01/2005 08:17 PM   
Scroll To Top