Nv4_disp.dll Infinite Loop Finaly FIXED!
  1 / 23    
[b]August 20 2009
Just go to Windows 7 x64 if nothing worked for you so far! /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' /> [/b]

August 16 2008
*update 465,000++++ Views so far(and i guess users with this problem and counting.....)
nvidia doesnt care anymore....? :(

[b]Best Solution (if this Patch will not work)
Try installing Windows x64 Pro[/b], there are Lot more Stable than normal x86 windows, the specific BSOD is almost in all cases gone for ever, your system will perform FASTER, games will play Better, and you will be MORE stable cause you are using windows 2003 kernel 5.1 not windows xp 5.0. :magic:
make sure you upgrade after the format your OS with the Latest Service Packs and ALL HotFixes for MultiCore CPUs, and install the Latest X64 Drivers!!!!

dont try x86 regular driver you will crsh your system!!!

Windows XP x64 is better than all windows out there! and generally prefer the x64 architect to take advantage of your Hardware and Not let it waste! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

HISTORY:
i dont know if you allready know that,
but this is the only real solution if you have the BlueScreen infinite loop of nv4_disp special with Geforce 6XXX cards and not only.

i spent days and nites over the web and made more than 30 tests in my 3 different (all with this problem) PCs and i am proud to say that i did it!

if not apsolutly, then at least 99% is sure that YOUR problem will be fixed too!

plz read the readme file inside the zip for more info!

have fun

i hope i helped you! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

[b][url="http://www.synapse.gr/downloads/nv4loopfix.zip"]www.synapse.gr/downloads/nv4loopfix.zip[/url] *back on line ;-)[/b]

Admins pliz Sticky it! /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />

zito i Ellada!

www.worldofwarcraft.gr

(!) Alternative Server: [url="http://www.savefile.com/files/80394"]http://www.savefile.com/files/80394[/url] Works ok!
(or check Page 4 attachment)

p.s i know that you have tried lots of utilites and driver versions...well remove it all! and then choose you driver to work with , after that add the patch and restart pc!

[b]INSTALLATION STEPS for noobes :
[url="http://synapse.gr/downloads/nvidia_loop_fix_demo.htm"]Step by step[/url][/b]

Recomended 3D setting for Quality + Performance
[img]http://synapse.gr/downloads/gfsettings1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://synapse.gr/downloads/gfsettings2.jpg[/img]

/wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
August 20 2009

Just go to Windows 7 x64 if nothing worked for you so far! /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' />

August 16 2008

*update 465,000++++ Views so far(and i guess users with this problem and counting.....)

nvidia doesnt care anymore....? :(

Best Solution (if this Patch will not work)

Try installing Windows x64 Pro
, there are Lot more Stable than normal x86 windows, the specific BSOD is almost in all cases gone for ever, your system will perform FASTER, games will play Better, and you will be MORE stable cause you are using windows 2003 kernel 5.1 not windows xp 5.0. :magic:

make sure you upgrade after the format your OS with the Latest Service Packs and ALL HotFixes for MultiCore CPUs, and install the Latest X64 Drivers!!!!

dont try x86 regular driver you will crsh your system!!!

Windows XP x64 is better than all windows out there! and generally prefer the x64 architect to take advantage of your Hardware and Not let it waste! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

HISTORY:

i dont know if you allready know that,

but this is the only real solution if you have the BlueScreen infinite loop of nv4_disp special with Geforce 6XXX cards and not only.

i spent days and nites over the web and made more than 30 tests in my 3 different (all with this problem) PCs and i am proud to say that i did it!

if not apsolutly, then at least 99% is sure that YOUR problem will be fixed too!

plz read the readme file inside the zip for more info!

have fun

i hope i helped you! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

www.synapse.gr/downloads/nv4loopfix.zip *back on line ;-)

Admins pliz Sticky it! /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />

zito i Ellada!

www.worldofwarcraft.gr

(!) Alternative Server: http://www.savefile.com/files/80394 Works ok!

(or check Page 4 attachment)

p.s i know that you have tried lots of utilites and driver versions...well remove it all! and then choose you driver to work with , after that add the patch and restart pc!

INSTALLATION STEPS for noobes :

Step by step

Recomended 3D setting for Quality + Performance

/wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />

Posted 05/04/2005 02:11 AM   
".......Hi All,

To install it, unzip the file and run the setup.exe Do not run the setup from the compressed folder.

So what does it do? It closes the RX55 memory register in BIOS. The RX55 register's official name and function is Memory Write Queue (MWQ) timer. The MWQ timer is actually a timing device included in the memory host controller to prevent write data being held in the memory queue too long. After the data has been in the queue too long it times out. This timed out data is then given a higher write request priority. Now that might sound nice – a bit of extra performance BUT the procedure fails when overloaded. 3D games and Win XP put too much load on the memory queuing timer procedure. The nVidia new driver exaggerates the problem even more as the driver enables nVidia cards to use even more memory than previous driver versions.

[b]So in a nutshell it’s a memory timing problem that only happens when the RX55 register is opened. Some motherboard manufacturers have already released new BIOS that have the register closed. In other instances, this patch is needed. [/b]

One thing I have noticed is that I think some people in this thread are confusing one issue with the issue that I am referring to here. Symptoms I am talking about are the infinite loop error, dropping to desktop in 3D games or spontaneous reboot in 3D games. What I strongly suggest is that you try these trouble shooting suggestions before trying the patch:

- Load optimized defaults in your BIOS and do not modify memory settings
- set your memory settings in the BIOS less aggressively and test
- make sure you have an adequate power supply
- update your BIOS and test
- disable or enable AGP fast write and test (this has worked for some people)

The reason that I make these suggestions is that I think some people are confusing general instability because their systems are being pushed to the max, with this error. For example, if you have a 250watt power supply, 128mb RAM and have all your memory settings at max then you may be asking for trouble – the symptoms may be similar to this issue but it’s not the same. If you still get the issue after gong through these suggestions then try the beta patch (if you want to – remember it is BETA).

This thread I think has broken a new record in these forums. I am going to lock it but also keep it at the top of the category so that it’s easily available to people as there’s quite a lot of useful information in it. I’ll also start a new thread with this announcement so that no one misses it."
".......Hi All,

To install it, unzip the file and run the setup.exe Do not run the setup from the compressed folder.

So what does it do? It closes the RX55 memory register in BIOS. The RX55 register's official name and function is Memory Write Queue (MWQ) timer. The MWQ timer is actually a timing device included in the memory host controller to prevent write data being held in the memory queue too long. After the data has been in the queue too long it times out. This timed out data is then given a higher write request priority. Now that might sound nice – a bit of extra performance BUT the procedure fails when overloaded. 3D games and Win XP put too much load on the memory queuing timer procedure. The nVidia new driver exaggerates the problem even more as the driver enables nVidia cards to use even more memory than previous driver versions.

So in a nutshell it’s a memory timing problem that only happens when the RX55 register is opened. Some motherboard manufacturers have already released new BIOS that have the register closed. In other instances, this patch is needed.

One thing I have noticed is that I think some people in this thread are confusing one issue with the issue that I am referring to here. Symptoms I am talking about are the infinite loop error, dropping to desktop in 3D games or spontaneous reboot in 3D games. What I strongly suggest is that you try these trouble shooting suggestions before trying the patch:

- Load optimized defaults in your BIOS and do not modify memory settings

- set your memory settings in the BIOS less aggressively and test

- make sure you have an adequate power supply

- update your BIOS and test

- disable or enable AGP fast write and test (this has worked for some people)

The reason that I make these suggestions is that I think some people are confusing general instability because their systems are being pushed to the max, with this error. For example, if you have a 250watt power supply, 128mb RAM and have all your memory settings at max then you may be asking for trouble – the symptoms may be similar to this issue but it’s not the same. If you still get the issue after gong through these suggestions then try the beta patch (if you want to – remember it is BETA).

This thread I think has broken a new record in these forums. I am going to lock it but also keep it at the top of the category so that it’s easily available to people as there’s quite a lot of useful information in it. I’ll also start a new thread with this announcement so that no one misses it."

Posted 05/04/2005 02:16 AM   
...i forgot about it !

dont freek out if you see that your infinite loop is going to happen again...just give it 2-5sec and you will see that your game will GO ON playing without any problem!
the patch did his work!
if not then something else is going on on your pc.

well 2-3second of freeze in an hour of gameplay.. it isnt Really a Problem...when you avoided the RESET isnt it?? /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
...i forgot about it !

dont freek out if you see that your infinite loop is going to happen again...just give it 2-5sec and you will see that your game will GO ON playing without any problem!

the patch did his work!

well 2-3second of freeze in an hour of gameplay.. it isnt Really a Problem...when you avoided the RESET isnt it?? /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 05/04/2005 09:42 AM   
[quote name='johnnyxp64nd' date='May 4 2005, 11:42 AM']...i forgot about it !

the patch did his work!

well 2-3second of freeze in an hour of gameplay.. it isnt Really a Problem...when you avoided the RESET isnt it??  /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
[right][post="31238"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

also PCI texture memory never above 32mb (i prefer 12 its really stable)
and FastWrites OFF if you wanna use the 71.89drivers!
[quote name='johnnyxp64nd' date='May 4 2005, 11:42 AM']...i forgot about it !

the patch did his work!

well 2-3second of freeze in an hour of gameplay.. it isnt Really a Problem...when you avoided the RESET isnt it??  /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

[post="31238"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Posted 05/04/2005 06:39 PM   

why would I want to take my entry level enthusiast class card, and run it like a TI4200? I get this error but it does not warrant a fix. In fact, for me I attribute this error to unstable RAM.

why would I want to take my entry level enthusiast class card, and run it like a TI4200? I get this error but it does not warrant a fix. In fact, for me I attribute this error to unstable RAM.

Posted 05/04/2005 08:35 PM   
[quote name='308' date='May 4 2005, 10:35 PM']why would I want to take my entry level enthusiast class card, and run it like a TI4200? I get this error but it does not warrant a fix. In fact, for me I attribute this error to unstable RAM.
[right][post="31326"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Well you Dont make it Run like Ti4200 if the PCI textures and FastWrites you thing is the only difference in 4xxx series and 6xxxx series, with all do respect you are wrong! (!)

and the worst is to Belive tha you actually Loose in Performance by mayking those minor changes!! bechmarkt before and after with 66.81 drivers and the diference was only 26mark points in 3DMark 2005!!! 26 mark for a hell of stability and smooth FPS??...well i think Worths the sucrifise

secondly Nothing in the Computer intustry can warrant you anything! this FiX worked for thousend users...and their Motherboars, if you think you will "kill" you PC and prefer the crashes...just dont Try my friend. :(

Ati did it silently in their Catalyst Drivers and so Via M/B chipset Drivers...they know something better than you and me...dont you think?

p.s you will ask your self then why Nvidia dont do it!??
well she claimes she did long ago with the 21.xx detonators...but i think they must have some engineering problem and stability isues and are still in research...maybe expect Motherboard manufactures to do so...the only sure is she looses graound in this Battle just from this Bug!
Dont forget the deadliest compo is Nforce chipset with nvidia Card!!!
in Via motherboards with resent update, 99% of users work just fine with Geforce 6xxx.

i am sure she will find something after all and make an official announcement..they have great minds in there! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
[quote name='308' date='May 4 2005, 10:35 PM']why would I want to take my entry level enthusiast class card, and run it like a TI4200? I get this error but it does not warrant a fix. In fact, for me I attribute this error to unstable RAM.

[post="31326"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well you Dont make it Run like Ti4200 if the PCI textures and FastWrites you thing is the only difference in 4xxx series and 6xxxx series, with all do respect you are wrong! (!)

and the worst is to Belive tha you actually Loose in Performance by mayking those minor changes!! bechmarkt before and after with 66.81 drivers and the diference was only 26mark points in 3DMark 2005!!! 26 mark for a hell of stability and smooth FPS??...well i think Worths the sucrifise

secondly Nothing in the Computer intustry can warrant you anything! this FiX worked for thousend users...and their Motherboars, if you think you will "kill" you PC and prefer the crashes...just dont Try my friend. :(

Ati did it silently in their Catalyst Drivers and so Via M/B chipset Drivers...they know something better than you and me...dont you think?

p.s you will ask your self then why Nvidia dont do it!??

well she claimes she did long ago with the 21.xx detonators...but i think they must have some engineering problem and stability isues and are still in research...maybe expect Motherboard manufactures to do so...the only sure is she looses graound in this Battle just from this Bug!

Dont forget the deadliest compo is Nforce chipset with nvidia Card!!!

in Via motherboards with resent update, 99% of users work just fine with Geforce 6xxx.

i am sure she will find something after all and make an official announcement..they have great minds in there! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 05/04/2005 10:29 PM   
Does this patch work for nforce 2 boards? My is Abit NF7-S v.2.0.
Does this patch work for nforce 2 boards? My is Abit NF7-S v.2.0.

Posted 05/05/2005 06:39 PM   
[quote name='marryann' date='May 5 2005, 08:39 PM']Does this patch work for nforce 2 boards? My is Abit NF7-S v.2.0.
[right][post="31461"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

This patch works Super for motherboards using:

SiS Chipsets, Intell, ViA, Nforce All

and for the following vgas:

Nvidia GeForce all & Ati Radeon All

you will not have problems...i am on 10th day now and NEVER Crashed AGAIN! /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />

enjoy /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
[quote name='marryann' date='May 5 2005, 08:39 PM']Does this patch work for nforce 2 boards? My is Abit NF7-S v.2.0.

[post="31461"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This patch works Super for motherboards using:

you will not have problems...i am on 10th day now and NEVER Crashed AGAIN! /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />

Posted 05/05/2005 08:13 PM   
Who is "she"?
Who is "she"?

Posted 05/05/2005 08:48 PM   
[quote name='308' date='May 5 2005, 10:48 PM']Who is "she"?
[right][post="31482"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

/hug.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hug:' /> Nvidia...actualy its The Company..but in my primary languege
the "The" feets only in "The Dog for ex" and not "The company"

just forget it!...do you think Nvidia's chairman its actually a chairwoman!???
that would be nice! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
[quote name='308' date='May 5 2005, 10:48 PM']Who is "she"?

[post="31482"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

/hug.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hug:' /> Nvidia...actualy its The Company..but in my primary languege

the "The" feets only in "The Dog for ex" and not "The company"

just forget it!...do you think Nvidia's chairman its actually a chairwoman!???

that would be nice! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 05/06/2005 09:57 AM   
i have noticed this problem only in wow, but i've done memtest today, found 397 errors after 8:35hour test. Weird, my ram is rather new, using the parameters that are described in the pdf manual from kingston... after that i ran the test few times more in short 30min sessions, and every session reported errors in different areas, but they ussualy happend at the second DIMM (512MB< possisions). Can o/c CPU make Ram errors? or mayby i have to weak Power Supply?

But after paying 2h+ no error happend after applying this fix, maybe it will fix it......
i have noticed this problem only in wow, but i've done memtest today, found 397 errors after 8:35hour test. Weird, my ram is rather new, using the parameters that are described in the pdf manual from kingston... after that i ran the test few times more in short 30min sessions, and every session reported errors in different areas, but they ussualy happend at the second DIMM (512MB< possisions). Can o/c CPU make Ram errors? or mayby i have to weak Power Supply?

But after paying 2h+ no error happend after applying this fix, maybe it will fix it......

Posted 05/06/2005 12:00 PM   
[quote name='marryann' date='May 6 2005, 02:00 PM']i have noticed this problem only in wow, but i've done memtest today, found 397 errors after 8:35hour test. Weird, my ram is rather new, using the parameters that are described in the pdf manual from kingston... after that i ran the test few times more in short 30min sessions, and every session reported errors in different areas, but they ussualy happend at the second DIMM (512MB< possisions). Can o/c CPU make Ram errors? or mayby i have to weak Power Supply?

[right][post="31589"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

happy for you man...you will see you will not have to restart your PC again due to this error! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

my thoughts was Memmory too, but i tried 3 different Models include (those that i use now) the Kingstone and never made an overcloak...some memory test just dont recognise new Ram modules and hits errors when it isnt!

cu in WoW B)
[quote name='marryann' date='May 6 2005, 02:00 PM']i have noticed this problem only in wow, but i've done memtest today, found 397 errors after 8:35hour test. Weird, my ram is rather new, using the parameters that are described in the pdf manual from kingston... after that i ran the test few times more in short 30min sessions, and every session reported errors in different areas, but they ussualy happend at the second DIMM (512MB< possisions). Can o/c CPU make Ram errors? or mayby i have to weak Power Supply?

[post="31589"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

happy for you man...you will see you will not have to restart your PC again due to this error! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

my thoughts was Memmory too, but i tried 3 different Models include (those that i use now) the Kingstone and never made an overcloak...some memory test just dont recognise new Ram modules and hits errors when it isnt!

cu in WoW B)

Posted 05/06/2005 02:51 PM   
[quote name='johnnyxp64nd' date='May 5 2005, 03:13 PM']This patch works Super for motherboards using:

you will not have  problems...i am on 10th day now and NEVER Crashed AGAIN! /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />
[right][post="31476"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Why does this remind of those days with TNT and VIA chipsets? LOL..

Let's get a show of hands on how many people have this problem with an Intel based chipset?

I HATE SIS! Long story about a bad motherboard that was fixed with Asus+Intel.

VIA has always been a little slow to me. It's alright I guess, but would rather have Intel Chipset for an Intel CPU. With AMD normally I go for Nforce, but these days I'm thinking twice about not buying another Nvidia card for my next EverQuest upgrade system. If Nvidia didn't put this fear in me for taking so long none of this would be an issues. Still though, cause and affect, if that is a fault that I'm guilty of?
[quote name='johnnyxp64nd' date='May 5 2005, 03:13 PM']This patch works Super for motherboards using:

you will not have  problems...i am on 10th day now and NEVER Crashed AGAIN! /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />

[post="31476"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Why does this remind of those days with TNT and VIA chipsets? LOL..

Let's get a show of hands on how many people have this problem with an Intel based chipset?

I HATE SIS! Long story about a bad motherboard that was fixed with Asus+Intel.

VIA has always been a little slow to me. It's alright I guess, but would rather have Intel Chipset for an Intel CPU. With AMD normally I go for Nforce, but these days I'm thinking twice about not buying another Nvidia card for my next EverQuest upgrade system. If Nvidia didn't put this fear in me for taking so long none of this would be an issues. Still though, cause and affect, if that is a fault that I'm guilty of?

Posted 05/14/2005 09:21 PM   
I have tried this fix and I am still rebooting after about 1 minute of gameplay. The game that is causing me grief is guild wars. I was playing it without a problem with my old geforce 4 mx 64mb card. I upgraded to a 6600 gt 128mb, agp, and not it reboots after about a minute. I tried the fix posted above and it didnt work. This totally sucks! I get all excited for a new card and now I cant play it at all. I am not very technical, but I could really use some help. I am running on a P4 2.0, 768mb RAM, running the 66.81 drivers. I dont know what kind of motherboard I have. I can only tell you its a Dell. Any help would be very much appreciated!

>>edit: Oh yeah I am running xp pro, sp2.
I have tried this fix and I am still rebooting after about 1 minute of gameplay. The game that is causing me grief is guild wars. I was playing it without a problem with my old geforce 4 mx 64mb card. I upgraded to a 6600 gt 128mb, agp, and not it reboots after about a minute. I tried the fix posted above and it didnt work. This totally sucks! I get all excited for a new card and now I cant play it at all. I am not very technical, but I could really use some help. I am running on a P4 2.0, 768mb RAM, running the 66.81 drivers. I dont know what kind of motherboard I have. I can only tell you its a Dell. Any help would be very much appreciated!

>>edit: Oh yeah I am running xp pro, sp2.

Posted 05/21/2005 06:54 PM   
alright, im trying to play guildwars and it continuously freezes on me every 5-20 minutes. i have tried downloading and installing this patch you have, and it is still freezing on me. but when i install it, it takes about half a second, and then tells me i have to restart my computer. is that how long it is supposed to take, or longer?

i have updated the drivers for my processor, and it still freezes.

i have updated the drivers for my video card, and it still freezes.

my system specs are:

windows xp home edition version 2
amd athlon 64 processor 3200+
2.00 GHz, 1.00 GHz of RAM
chip type: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
DAC type: Intergrated RAMDAC
memory size: 128 MB
bios information: version 4.34.20.18.07
Forceware version: 71.89
direct x: 9.0
60 GB harddrive

that is all the info i know how to get. if i am missing some, and you need to know it, please tell me how to retrieve it. im not incredibly computer literate, so the explaination of how to change my bios would probably have to be in plain english. i dont understand what "timing" is, or where in the bios to go to change that, or anything like that. please help me, its incredibly annoying to have this freeze on me every time i play.
alright, im trying to play guildwars and it continuously freezes on me every 5-20 minutes. i have tried downloading and installing this patch you have, and it is still freezing on me. but when i install it, it takes about half a second, and then tells me i have to restart my computer. is that how long it is supposed to take, or longer?

i have updated the drivers for my processor, and it still freezes.

i have updated the drivers for my video card, and it still freezes.

my system specs are:

windows xp home edition version 2

amd athlon 64 processor 3200+

2.00 GHz, 1.00 GHz of RAM

chip type: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

DAC type: Intergrated RAMDAC

memory size: 128 MB

bios information: version 4.34.20.18.07

Forceware version: 71.89

direct x: 9.0

60 GB harddrive

that is all the info i know how to get. if i am missing some, and you need to know it, please tell me how to retrieve it. im not incredibly computer literate, so the explaination of how to change my bios would probably have to be in plain english. i dont understand what "timing" is, or where in the bios to go to change that, or anything like that. please help me, its incredibly annoying to have this freeze on me every time i play.

Posted 05/21/2005 06:55 PM   
  1 / 23    
Scroll To Top