How to make a floppy driver disk for x64 RTM
I am going to install the new RTM x64 xp on my athlon64.
I have a raid0 made of two 160G Maxtor SATA HD disk.
I have already download the 6.39 nforce driver and copy all the file in the
IDE\WinXP\ directory to my floppy disk the same as x32 xp.
When install the system,it recognized the raid 0 disk smoothly ,but when it began copy files, the file nvraid.cat could not be found.How can I do?

And I copy the nvraid.cat file from nForce_6.53 for x32 to the floppy disk , it can finish copying files,but when it restart, it failed to boot in to windows and show a blue screen crash.How can I do?
I am going to install the new RTM x64 xp on my athlon64.

When install the system,it recognized the raid 0 disk smoothly ,but when it began copy files, the file nvraid.cat could not be found.How can I do?

And I copy the nvraid.cat file from nForce_6.53 for x32 to the floppy disk , it can finish copying files,but when it restart, it failed to boot in to windows and show a blue screen crash.How can I do?

Posted 04/05/2005 05:22 PM   
[quote name='bio9628007' date='Apr 5 2005, 09:22 AM']I am going to install the new RTM x64 xp on my athlon64.

[right][post="26637"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Make sure that u have the 64 bit version of the Nforce4 drivers. extract the exe file on another computer using WinRAR. Go to the IDE folder within the NVIDIA folder and copy everything except the Raidtool folder to a floppy. This is now your raid driver disk while loading windows and it says hit F6 for controller support. Go into your bios and enable the nforce raid, and also, the sata channels for the two disks. Next create a raid array using the Nvidia raid utility (refer to your mobo book). Insert the windows 64 cd and boot from rom. presto.
[quote name='bio9628007' date='Apr 5 2005, 09:22 AM']I am going to install the new RTM x64 xp on my athlon64.

[post="26637"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Make sure that u have the 64 bit version of the Nforce4 drivers. extract the exe file on another computer using WinRAR. Go to the IDE folder within the NVIDIA folder and copy everything except the Raidtool folder to a floppy. This is now your raid driver disk while loading windows and it says hit F6 for controller support. Go into your bios and enable the nforce raid, and also, the sata channels for the two disks. Next create a raid array using the Nvidia raid utility (refer to your mobo book). Insert the windows 64 cd and boot from rom. presto.

Posted 04/07/2005 08:09 AM   
Thanks for the howto ..
Been searching for this !! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

One thing tho:
When copying the needed files for Win64 to enable the RAID is stumbles on:

Can not copy NVRAID.CAT...
It is also not located in the WinXP dir of the extracted .exe
Can anyone help me???
Thanks for the howto ..

Been searching for this !! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

One thing tho:

When copying the needed files for Win64 to enable the RAID is stumbles on:

Can not copy NVRAID.CAT...

It is also not located in the WinXP dir of the extracted .exe

Can anyone help me???

Posted 04/16/2005 01:39 AM   
Also there's no .cat files which means your gonna have to hit <ESC> Key twice before the CD starts intalling, Don't wrry its normal for now.

(.cat=catalog file.)
Also there's no .cat files which means your gonna have to hit <ESC> Key twice before the CD starts intalling, Don't wrry its normal for now.

(.cat=catalog file.)

ASRock X99 Taichi / Intel i7-6800K / 4x4GB G.SKILL DDR4-2400 / Samsung SM961 128GB / ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB / EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 / LG 32MP58

Posted 04/16/2005 02:29 AM   
[quote name='garikfox' date='Apr 16 2005, 04:29 AM']Also there's no .cat files which means your gonna have to hit <ESC> Key twice before the CD starts intalling, Don't wrry its normal for now.

(.cat=catalog file.)
[right][post="28328"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hehehehe, just as I edited my question you placed your reply. /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
Thnx...Xp is installing>>>> /shifty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':shifty:' />
[quote name='garikfox' date='Apr 16 2005, 04:29 AM']Also there's no .cat files which means your gonna have to hit <ESC> Key twice before the CD starts intalling, Don't wrry its normal for now.

(.cat=catalog file.)

[post="28328"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Hehehehe, just as I edited my question you placed your reply. /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />

Thnx...Xp is installing>>>> /shifty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':shifty:' />

Posted 04/16/2005 02:37 AM   
[img]http://members.cox.net/garikfox/popcorn.jpg[/img]

ASRock X99 Taichi / Intel i7-6800K / 4x4GB G.SKILL DDR4-2400 / Samsung SM961 128GB / ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB / EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 / LG 32MP58

Posted 04/16/2005 02:55 AM   
You can *steal* the cat files from the 32-bit install to avoid this problem.

Just copy them to the boot disk and *viola* no annoying "Can not copy..." message!
You can *steal* the cat files from the 32-bit install to avoid this problem.

Just copy them to the boot disk and *viola* no annoying "Can not copy..." message!

Posted 04/17/2005 12:49 PM   
Scroll To Top