How do I manually uninstall drivers?
I don't know how this happened, but when I clicked the link to download 71.84 Beta drivers, I downloaded 67.02 by mistake. I didn't realize that when I ran setup and the 67.02 drivers didn't install properly.

I ended up having to reinstall my old drivers over 67.02 because there wasn't an option to uninstall them in Add/Remove programs. How do I make sure that the 67.02 drivers are gone for good?
I don't know how this happened, but when I clicked the link to download 71.84 Beta drivers, I downloaded 67.02 by mistake. I didn't realize that when I ran setup and the 67.02 drivers didn't install properly.

I ended up having to reinstall my old drivers over 67.02 because there wasn't an option to uninstall them in Add/Remove programs. How do I make sure that the 67.02 drivers are gone for good?

Posted 03/10/2005 11:42 PM   
[quote name='Cletus Van Damme' date='Mar 10 2005, 07:42 PM']I don't know how this happened, but when I clicked the link to download 71.84 Beta drivers, I downloaded 67.02 by mistake. I didn't realize that when I ran setup and the 67.02 drivers didn't install properly.

[right][post="22233"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Now you see I gotta help you, cause your a fellow fan of the shield. To make sure just right click the desktop, go to properties, settings, advanced, click on the geforce tab. Make sure in the white menu that you are selected on Geforce card at top. At the bottom of that window to the right you will see all of your driver files in the menu. Look at the #s at the end and make sure every file ends with 7184. If they all do great your good to go.

Lord Exodia
[quote name='Cletus Van Damme' date='Mar 10 2005, 07:42 PM']I don't know how this happened, but when I clicked the link to download 71.84 Beta drivers, I downloaded 67.02 by mistake. I didn't realize that when I ran setup and the 67.02 drivers didn't install properly.

[post="22233"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Now you see I gotta help you, cause your a fellow fan of the shield. To make sure just right click the desktop, go to properties, settings, advanced, click on the geforce tab. Make sure in the white menu that you are selected on Geforce card at top. At the bottom of that window to the right you will see all of your driver files in the menu. Look at the #s at the end and make sure every file ends with 7184. If they all do great your good to go.

Lord Exodia

Intel Core i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz/Corsair H602x EVGA GTX 980 4GB SLi Asus Z97-AR/16GB (2 x 8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 2400/1 PNY 256 GB Sata 3 SSD(OS/Games)/2x 1TB Seagate SATA Raid 0 (Super Storage)/Silverstone Strider 1500W/12x LG Blu-Ray Burner with 3d Blu-Ray Playback3x 23.6in Asus VG236 120hz 3d ready

Posted 03/11/2005 02:21 AM   
to uninstall your drivers, go to www.guru3d.com and download the Driver cleaner pro and download, install, update it, and set it to remove only Nvidia drivers, then have it remove them THEN download and install 71.84 over them
to uninstall your drivers, go to www.guru3d.com and download the Driver cleaner pro and download, install, update it, and set it to remove only Nvidia drivers, then have it remove them THEN download and install 71.84 over them

Posted 03/11/2005 02:32 AM   
[quote name='Lord Exodia' date='Mar 10 2005, 06:21 PM']Now you see I gotta help you, cause your a fellow fan of the shield.  To make sure just right click the desktop, go to properties, settings, advanced, click on the geforce tab.  Make sure in the white menu that you are selected on Geforce card at top.  At the bottom of that window to the right you will see all of your driver files in the menu.  Look at the #s at the end and make sure every file ends with 7184.  If they all do great your good to go.

Lord Exodia
[right][post="22246"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Cool, they all match up. Thanks for the reply!
[quote name='Lord Exodia' date='Mar 10 2005, 06:21 PM']Now you see I gotta help you, cause your a fellow fan of the shield.  To make sure just right click the desktop, go to properties, settings, advanced, click on the geforce tab.  Make sure in the white menu that you are selected on Geforce card at top.  At the bottom of that window to the right you will see all of your driver files in the menu.  Look at the #s at the end and make sure every file ends with 7184.  If they all do great your good to go.

Lord Exodia

[post="22246"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Cool, they all match up. Thanks for the reply!

Posted 03/11/2005 04:36 AM   
Hi, guys I got a question about manually removing driver updates.

I got the GeFore 5600 FX Ultra, a DivX edition thingy.
This vidcard isn't compatible with OpenGL, but I wanted to play CS with OpenGL, so I dled a driver update.

And guess what? The update raped my vidcard, making pixels bigger, fps drop, and just tearing the whole screen apart.

How can I get back to my old driver version, and delete/remove/uninstall the driver update and get my old screen back?

Regards, Rob
Hi, guys I got a question about manually removing driver updates.

I got the GeFore 5600 FX Ultra, a DivX edition thingy.

This vidcard isn't compatible with OpenGL, but I wanted to play CS with OpenGL, so I dled a driver update.

And guess what? The update raped my vidcard, making pixels bigger, fps drop, and just tearing the whole screen apart.

How can I get back to my old driver version, and delete/remove/uninstall the driver update and get my old screen back?

Regards, Rob

Posted 09/29/2006 06:51 PM   
all FX cards are compatible with Opengl 2.0.3
all FX cards are compatible with Opengl 2.0.3

Posted 09/29/2006 11:14 PM   
Scroll To Top