TV-out problem = driver flaw? Drivers causes black/white tv screen
  1 / 4    
When swoping to a xfx GF 6600GT my tv turn b/w. Tried some things to rule out different options.

1) When booting the tv shows color all the way including during the "windows loading" screen. When entering the loggin screen it´s b/w.
2) Uninstalling the nvidia driver color shows on the tv all the way.
3) When installing old driver 61.xx color shows as it should.
4) When installing 66.xx or newer tv turns b/w
5) When booting in safe mode tv shows color nomather what driver is installed.

Does anybody make any sense of this (cause I certenly don´t ).

My other card Gainward GF 5600FX show color no mather what driver is installed.

Can it be a driver flaw, to me it seems like it´s the driver causing the b/w screen.

Greatful for any help.
When swoping to a xfx GF 6600GT my tv turn b/w. Tried some things to rule out different options.

1) When booting the tv shows color all the way including during the "windows loading" screen. When entering the loggin screen it´s b/w.

2) Uninstalling the nvidia driver color shows on the tv all the way.

3) When installing old driver 61.xx color shows as it should.

4) When installing 66.xx or newer tv turns b/w

5) When booting in safe mode tv shows color nomather what driver is installed.

Does anybody make any sense of this (cause I certenly don´t ).

My other card Gainward GF 5600FX show color no mather what driver is installed.

Can it be a driver flaw, to me it seems like it´s the driver causing the b/w screen.

Greatful for any help.

Posted 02/24/2005 08:43 AM   
looks like the driver is selecting the wrong output setting, ie. composite or svga or whatever it's called (i forget now). you might need to find a registry setting for it, or just by another cable (the other type of cable to the one you have).
looks like the driver is selecting the wrong output setting, ie. composite or svga or whatever it's called (i forget now). you might need to find a registry setting for it, or just by another cable (the other type of cable to the one you have).

Posted 02/24/2005 04:11 PM   
I´m using a VIVO -> S-video that came with the package and then a S-video -> S-video extension and finally a S-video -> SCART.

The strange thing is that the card I used before (Gainward GF 560FX ) used the same driver and the same setting and that worked fine, only difference now is that I had to add the S-video -> S-video extension bit because the 6600GT has a VIVO output compared to my Gainward that had a S-video output. Could that matter, that I now use a extension??

In my driver settings I´ve tried composit vs S-video and composite = only desktop background and S-video = b/w
I´m using a VIVO -> S-video that came with the package and then a S-video -> S-video extension and finally a S-video -> SCART.

The strange thing is that the card I used before (Gainward GF 560FX ) used the same driver and the same setting and that worked fine, only difference now is that I had to add the S-video -> S-video extension bit because the 6600GT has a VIVO output compared to my Gainward that had a S-video output. Could that matter, that I now use a extension??

In my driver settings I´ve tried composit vs S-video and composite = only desktop background and S-video = b/w

Posted 02/24/2005 09:25 PM   
Have you tried...
[img]http://www33.brinkster.com/pubjoe/tvmode.JPG[/img]
?
Have you tried...

?

Posted 02/27/2005 10:04 PM   
No I have not tried that will do and post back. But I would like to be able to run a movie on TV and still be working on the comp, and to do that I would have to use clone?
No I have not tried that will do and post back. But I would like to be able to run a movie on TV and still be working on the comp, and to do that I would have to use clone?

Posted 02/28/2005 12:30 PM   
i have the same problem kindo
i have a msi fx5600xt 128 td
ive tried all the above settings as posted by pubjoe also many differnt cables and configs of cables, ive also tried using tv-tool which is very good but still only show my tv in black n white
tv-tool also states that some setting cannot be used due to the fact that this card has a tv encoder chip which nvidia releases no information about:(

do nvidia techy's answer posts on this forum?
in a short word heeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllppppppppppp
thanks gapsta
i have the same problem kindo

i have a msi fx5600xt 128 td

ive tried all the above settings as posted by pubjoe also many differnt cables and configs of cables, ive also tried using tv-tool which is very good but still only show my tv in black n white

tv-tool also states that some setting cannot be used due to the fact that this card has a tv encoder chip which nvidia releases no information about:(

do nvidia techy's answer posts on this forum?

in a short word heeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllppppppppppp

thanks gapsta

Posted 03/02/2005 02:28 PM   
just kinda jumpin into the convo and im kinda PC iliterate (lol) but ya im friggin gettin POed i bought a geforce fx5700 256mb about a monthe and a half ago and when i first pluged her in it worked fine but i was gettin hummer lines on my TV. well i figured out that my pc and tv and cables and that were too close and solved that prob. but now ive got no colour on my tv same as the other person said, ive got colour when i boot but soon as i get to loggon goes black and white on TV. tried many screwin with the tv format thing switchin it around like s-video to composite and back and all that tried dual view clone span all that i just cant seem to get it figured out!!!! NEED EXTREME HELP OVA HERE

P.S. sorry for the novel!!
just kinda jumpin into the convo and im kinda PC iliterate (lol) but ya im friggin gettin POed i bought a geforce fx5700 256mb about a monthe and a half ago and when i first pluged her in it worked fine but i was gettin hummer lines on my TV. well i figured out that my pc and tv and cables and that were too close and solved that prob. but now ive got no colour on my tv same as the other person said, ive got colour when i boot but soon as i get to loggon goes black and white on TV. tried many screwin with the tv format thing switchin it around like s-video to composite and back and all that tried dual view clone span all that i just cant seem to get it figured out!!!! NEED EXTREME HELP OVA HERE

P.S. sorry for the novel!!

Posted 03/03/2005 02:53 AM   
Long time, no post on this thread, so I guess noone has a clue why this should occur, and, yes, I would also expect someone from NVIDIA to post on this subject, isn't this an NVIDIA forum or what?

I have a MSI NX6600GT-TD128E, and I got exactly the same problem as Mooler, with color while booting up, no color once on the welcome screen and desktop view, uninstalling the driver I get color OK till I install one (whichever) again, plus I tried two inputs of my TV, a scart one and a composite. Also played with different settings of the driver for TV format, PAL or NTSC, which shouldn't be the case though, remember color OK when uninstalling the driver.

I do expect some input on this by NVIDIA or some feedback or a NEW driver to fix this. This should be basic staff dealt with years ago, that's what we pay for, isn't it?
Long time, no post on this thread, so I guess noone has a clue why this should occur, and, yes, I would also expect someone from NVIDIA to post on this subject, isn't this an NVIDIA forum or what?

I have a MSI NX6600GT-TD128E, and I got exactly the same problem as Mooler, with color while booting up, no color once on the welcome screen and desktop view, uninstalling the driver I get color OK till I install one (whichever) again, plus I tried two inputs of my TV, a scart one and a composite. Also played with different settings of the driver for TV format, PAL or NTSC, which shouldn't be the case though, remember color OK when uninstalling the driver.

I do expect some input on this by NVIDIA or some feedback or a NEW driver to fix this. This should be basic staff dealt with years ago, that's what we pay for, isn't it?

Posted 03/21/2005 10:50 PM   
try this on any installed driver, this should fix the problem.

1.) Left click on desktop, click on properties;

2.) Click on Settings tab, click on Advanced;

3.) Click on GeForce 6600 GT tab;

4.) Click on Nview Display Settings;

5.) Right click on the TV displayed in the picture;

6.) Hold arrow over Select TV Format, and click on Advanced at the very bottom of pop-up menu;

7.) In the Video output format change it from Auto-Select to S-Video-Out, and then Apply.

If this doesn't fix the problem then there's something wrong with the S-Video cable you are using to extend the cable. Have you tried not using the extension to see if it comes up in color then?
try this on any installed driver, this should fix the problem.

1.) Left click on desktop, click on properties;

2.) Click on Settings tab, click on Advanced;

3.) Click on GeForce 6600 GT tab;

4.) Click on Nview Display Settings;

5.) Right click on the TV displayed in the picture;

6.) Hold arrow over Select TV Format, and click on Advanced at the very bottom of pop-up menu;

7.) In the Video output format change it from Auto-Select to S-Video-Out, and then Apply.

If this doesn't fix the problem then there's something wrong with the S-Video cable you are using to extend the cable. Have you tried not using the extension to see if it comes up in color then?

Posted 03/21/2005 11:37 PM   
Hey, I have to say that I fixed the problem and now have color on my TV-out. I came across this post [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=1609&hl="]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=1609&hl=[/url] and I tried what slee did, connecting the composite to the blue output. That was it, normal color on TV-out, having 66.93 driver, with auto-select for Video output format, and PAL TV format.
Hey, I have to say that I fixed the problem and now have color on my TV-out. I came across this post http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=1609&hl= and I tried what slee did, connecting the composite to the blue output. That was it, normal color on TV-out, having 66.93 driver, with auto-select for Video output format, and PAL TV format.

Posted 03/22/2005 06:32 PM   
Still not working for me....

I have had this problem before on a older PC, and was able to fix it by selecting S-Video and I/Pal (UK) etc. But I have just brought a MSI Mega180 Barebones PC with built in Geforce4 MX Integrated GPU Video card, this time the image is Black and White and it does not matter what settings I try it stays Black and White when windows loads (Colour during boot up).

My Old card was a Geforce 400 128M AGP thing, running windows 2K, all the cables are the same, the new PC is running Windows XP, this has to be a driver issue as the PC display’s Colour during Boot and in safe mode, so their can not be anything wrong electrically IE Cables etc. It is driving me mad, I will try fitting the old card and see what happens, but if anyone has found an answer please email direct or post on hear

please….
Still not working for me....

I have had this problem before on a older PC, and was able to fix it by selecting S-Video and I/Pal (UK) etc. But I have just brought a MSI Mega180 Barebones PC with built in Geforce4 MX Integrated GPU Video card, this time the image is Black and White and it does not matter what settings I try it stays Black and White when windows loads (Colour during boot up).

My Old card was a Geforce 400 128M AGP thing, running windows 2K, all the cables are the same, the new PC is running Windows XP, this has to be a driver issue as the PC display’s Colour during Boot and in safe mode, so their can not be anything wrong electrically IE Cables etc. It is driving me mad, I will try fitting the old card and see what happens, but if anyone has found an answer please email direct or post on hear

please….

Posted 03/29/2005 08:53 PM   
Visit the following web site:
[url="http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_connect_pc2tv.php#"]http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_connect_pc2tv.php#[/url]

Connect to pins 6 and 7 as shown to the RCA composite connector. This will solve your problem.
Visit the following web site:

http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_connect_pc2tv.php#

Connect to pins 6 and 7 as shown to the RCA composite connector. This will solve your problem.

Posted 04/06/2005 05:55 PM   
Same problem here, tried manually selecting the s-video option, saturation is normal, changed everything in settings that can be changed.
Colour is there with standard windows driver, but turns to b/w as soon as nvidia drivers are installed and system is rebooted.

I don't see how the problem could be caused by anything other than the drivers.

Doesn't anyone from nvidia have an answer? Seems to me something like getting colour on tv should be something that should work straight out the box.
Same problem here, tried manually selecting the s-video option, saturation is normal, changed everything in settings that can be changed.

Colour is there with standard windows driver, but turns to b/w as soon as nvidia drivers are installed and system is rebooted.

I don't see how the problem could be caused by anything other than the drivers.

Doesn't anyone from nvidia have an answer? Seems to me something like getting colour on tv should be something that should work straight out the box.

Posted 04/08/2005 01:40 PM   
i got the same problems with my Geforce 6600GT ...
i connected my PC with the TV via the cable that splits the Video-Out port of the card into S-Video and RGB connectors. On this S-Video connector i plugged a S-Video to Scart cable which is plugged into my TV

there was also a weird thing i came across...

i must admit i don't know which driver it was, which caused this, but following happened to me ...

everything i tried did produce a black/white picture on my TV...

i used the "TV Wizzard/Assistant" Button in the NVidia Menu and
got to chose following things in the Wizzards

1. Connector Type :
S-Video, F-Bas or Composite

2. Screenformat
PAL G & PAL D ('cause i'm from Germany)

3. Displaytype
DualView, Extended, Clone

4. Preview/Test
here's a Button that let's you preview your settings you made so far...

5. Finish
to finish and save your settings..

no this is what i did
open the TV Wizzard (i guess the file you gotta start to open it manually is nvwiz.exe)

then i chose
1: S-Video
2: Pal G
3: Clone
4: Preview => result .. i could see a black/white picture on my tv
5: Finish => closed the Wizzard

then i opened the wizzard again
1: F-Bas
4: Preview => result .. no picture at all ... tv stays black ...
5: Finish => closed the Wizzard ...

no the interessting .. i opened the wizzard
4: Preview => result .. black/white picture
no i pressed "previous"-button until i got to the "Connector type" screen
i chose F-Bas now and than again
4: Preview => result ... the black/white screen became a coloured picture (just like it should be)
5: Finish => closing wizzard

if i activate the dual display now, it is black/white again ...
kinda strange, huh?

right now i did not find any solution to this, but i guess it is in nvidias hands to change this in their next version of drivers or at least a fix ...
i got the same problems with my Geforce 6600GT ...

i connected my PC with the TV via the cable that splits the Video-Out port of the card into S-Video and RGB connectors. On this S-Video connector i plugged a S-Video to Scart cable which is plugged into my TV

there was also a weird thing i came across...

i must admit i don't know which driver it was, which caused this, but following happened to me ...

everything i tried did produce a black/white picture on my TV...

i used the "TV Wizzard/Assistant" Button in the NVidia Menu and

got to chose following things in the Wizzards

1. Connector Type :

S-Video, F-Bas or Composite

2. Screenformat

PAL G & PAL D ('cause i'm from Germany)

3. Displaytype

DualView, Extended, Clone

4. Preview/Test

here's a Button that let's you preview your settings you made so far...

5. Finish

to finish and save your settings..

no this is what i did

open the TV Wizzard (i guess the file you gotta start to open it manually is nvwiz.exe)

then i chose

4: Preview => result .. i could see a black/white picture on my tv

5: Finish => closed the Wizzard

then i opened the wizzard again

1: F-Bas

4: Preview => result .. no picture at all ... tv stays black ...

5: Finish => closed the Wizzard ...

no the interessting .. i opened the wizzard

4: Preview => result .. black/white picture

no i pressed "previous"-button until i got to the "Connector type" screen

i chose F-Bas now and than again

4: Preview => result ... the black/white screen became a coloured picture (just like it should be)

5: Finish => closing wizzard

if i activate the dual display now, it is black/white again ...

kinda strange, huh?

right now i did not find any solution to this, but i guess it is in nvidias hands to change this in their next version of drivers or at least a fix ...

Posted 04/13/2005 09:08 PM   
Well at first I thought it was something wrong with my card but now I know there is something wrong with Nvidia...why dont the nvidia people post a message that we should wait for a new driver or a fix???We know it aint our cards or cables so its up to Nvidia but as long as they dont reply I dont know what to expect!I mean we have supported this company for years and I dont like being ignored.
/thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />
Anyway I have the same problem with my 6600GT card and I dont know why.Now I see that NONE of us knows why and I am sure the Nvidia guys DONT KNOW eitherl.I also noticed that when I switch from S Video to Normal adaptor my tv flickers color as it changes...to nothing that is. >.<
On my first attempt I got smile when i first rebooted my machine and from b&w booted in color (thought "thats it baby" /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' /> ) but as long as windows drivers loaded my smile went short! /fear.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fear:' />
Well anyway people lets hope we will get a fix ASAP...
Read ya all later
Well at first I thought it was something wrong with my card but now I know there is something wrong with Nvidia...why dont the nvidia people post a message that we should wait for a new driver or a fix???We know it aint our cards or cables so its up to Nvidia but as long as they dont reply I dont know what to expect!I mean we have supported this company for years and I dont like being ignored.

/thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />

Anyway I have the same problem with my 6600GT card and I dont know why.Now I see that NONE of us knows why and I am sure the Nvidia guys DONT KNOW eitherl.I also noticed that when I switch from S Video to Normal adaptor my tv flickers color as it changes...to nothing that is. >.<

On my first attempt I got smile when i first rebooted my machine and from b&w booted in color (thought "thats it baby" /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' /> ) but as long as windows drivers loaded my smile went short! /fear.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fear:' />

Well anyway people lets hope we will get a fix ASAP...

Read ya all later

Posted 04/14/2005 02:08 AM   
  1 / 4    
Scroll To Top