Dualview missing There one day, gone the next...
I have the 66.93 driver installed for my GeForce4 ti4200. I have a TV hooked up via S-Video. When I first installed the driver, I could choose Dualview as a display mode, but now I can't. The option just disappeared. I reinstalled the driver, and the option returned, but then disappeared the next time I tried it. I don't want to keep reinstalling the driver. Is there something I can do to fix this?
I have the 66.93 driver installed for my GeForce4 ti4200. I have a TV hooked up via S-Video. When I first installed the driver, I could choose Dualview as a display mode, but now I can't. The option just disappeared. I reinstalled the driver, and the option returned, but then disappeared the next time I tried it. I don't want to keep reinstalling the driver. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Posted 02/20/2005 06:17 AM   
Does anyone have any information on this problem? I don't think it is a problem with the driver, I downloaded the one for Win XP/2000 for GeForce series of cards.
Does anyone have any information on this problem? I don't think it is a problem with the driver, I downloaded the one for Win XP/2000 for GeForce series of cards.

Posted 02/23/2005 02:29 AM   
[quote name='nitrusoxide' date='Feb 22 2005, 10:29 PM']Does anyone have any information on this problem?  I don't think it is a problem with the driver, I downloaded the one for Win XP/2000 for GeForce series of cards.
[right][post="18890"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

If it's any consolation, I'm also having this problem. My option for Dualview is missing and I've certainly done it before. What's going on here?
[quote name='nitrusoxide' date='Feb 22 2005, 10:29 PM']Does anyone have any information on this problem?  I don't think it is a problem with the driver, I downloaded the one for Win XP/2000 for GeForce series of cards.

[post="18890"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If it's any consolation, I'm also having this problem. My option for Dualview is missing and I've certainly done it before. What's going on here?

Posted 02/27/2005 07:54 PM   
[quote name='strentax' date='Feb 27 2005, 02:54 PM']If it's any consolation, I'm also having this problem.  My option for Dualview is missing and I've certainly done it before.  What's going on here?
[right][post="20061"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I figured out the problem, with no help from this crappy forum. Dualview acts as a second video card when the S-Video card is plugged in, so everytime you unplug the cable, it only sees the Nvidia card. When you plug the cable back in, you have to restart the computer and then the Dualview option will be back.
[quote name='strentax' date='Feb 27 2005, 02:54 PM']If it's any consolation, I'm also having this problem.  My option for Dualview is missing and I've certainly done it before.  What's going on here?

[post="20061"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I figured out the problem, with no help from this crappy forum. Dualview acts as a second video card when the S-Video card is plugged in, so everytime you unplug the cable, it only sees the Nvidia card. When you plug the cable back in, you have to restart the computer and then the Dualview option will be back.

Posted 03/08/2005 04:07 PM   
[quote name='nitrusoxide' date='Mar 8 2005, 09:07 AM']I figured out the problem, with no help from this crappy forum.  Dualview acts as a second video card when the S-Video card is plugged in, so everytime you unplug the cable, it only sees the Nvidia card.  When you plug the cable back in, you have to restart the computer and then the Dualview option will be back.
[right][post="21760"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Maybe nobody on this forum had the solution to your problem. You should've tried guru3d's forum as well. Don't get mad if we do not have all the answers, people are just here to help. This is not official Nvidia tech support.
[quote name='nitrusoxide' date='Mar 8 2005, 09:07 AM']I figured out the problem, with no help from this crappy forum.  Dualview acts as a second video card when the S-Video card is plugged in, so everytime you unplug the cable, it only sees the Nvidia card.  When you plug the cable back in, you have to restart the computer and then the Dualview option will be back.

[post="21760"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe nobody on this forum had the solution to your problem. You should've tried guru3d's forum as well. Don't get mad if we do not have all the answers, people are just here to help. This is not official Nvidia tech support.

Posted 03/08/2005 08:48 PM   
Crappy drivers imo. I just had the same problem, the dualview option was missing after i switched the DVI cables around so that my primary monitor was on 1 and my secondary on 2. To fix it I went into the NVIDIA control Panel > Display > Under Multiple Displays go to Ruh multiple Display Wizard, click next with Typical setup checked, it will ask if you want to reboot, click yes. When it boots up, it will show the bootup sequence on both monitors, and when it gets into windows it will be in dualview mode. YLMV (your luck may vary)
Crappy drivers imo. I just had the same problem, the dualview option was missing after i switched the DVI cables around so that my primary monitor was on 1 and my secondary on 2. To fix it I went into the NVIDIA control Panel > Display > Under Multiple Displays go to Ruh multiple Display Wizard, click next with Typical setup checked, it will ask if you want to reboot, click yes. When it boots up, it will show the bootup sequence on both monitors, and when it gets into windows it will be in dualview mode. YLMV (your luck may vary)

Posted 05/10/2007 06:49 PM   
I just recently purchased an HP slimline S3020N with GeForce 6150 LE on board graphics card running windows vista (OS). I'm trying to setup up dual display via VGA to monitor & S-video to tv which works on the tv through the boot up process but as soon as vista's GUI loads up the connection to the tv flashes out and my monitor boots up without any tv display. I've selected "extend my desktop to this monitor" which does nothing. When I hit "apply" it unchecks the option and I'm back at square one. I tried to reinstall the drivers which brought up the desktop on the tv (but not the monitor) for 10 seconds and then it shut off the tv signal and went back to the monitor. If anyone has a fix for this I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank You.
I just recently purchased an HP slimline S3020N with GeForce 6150 LE on board graphics card running windows vista (OS). I'm trying to setup up dual display via VGA to monitor & S-video to tv which works on the tv through the boot up process but as soon as vista's GUI loads up the connection to the tv flashes out and my monitor boots up without any tv display. I've selected "extend my desktop to this monitor" which does nothing. When I hit "apply" it unchecks the option and I'm back at square one. I tried to reinstall the drivers which brought up the desktop on the tv (but not the monitor) for 10 seconds and then it shut off the tv signal and went back to the monitor. If anyone has a fix for this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You.

Posted 05/11/2007 03:12 AM   
[quote name='DiLuZioNaL' date='May 10 2007, 10:12 PM']I just recently purchased an HP slimline S3020N with GeForce 6150 LE on board graphics card running windows vista (OS). I'm trying to setup up dual display via VGA to monitor & S-video to tv which works on the tv through the boot up process but as soon as vista's GUI loads up the connection to the tv flashes out and my monitor boots up without any tv display. I've selected "extend my desktop to this monitor" which does nothing. When I hit "apply" it unchecks the option and I'm back at square one. I tried to reinstall the drivers which brought up the desktop on the tv (but not the monitor) for 10 seconds and then it shut off the tv signal and went back to the monitor. If anyone has a fix for this I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank You.
[right][snapback]195665[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I just purchased an s3000 HP slimline with the same graphics card (6150 LE) and we are having EXACTLY the same problem. The only way to choose which display to use (monitor or TV) is to ONLY have that one plugged in before booting up - i.e., if only the TV is plugged in, it will boot up on the TV just fine. When it's on the TV and the monitor is plugged in as well, NVIDIA recognizes it as a television and I actually get more options in the NVIDIA control panel, but as you said, the settings don't save and I still can't switch back and forth between the displays. The options are one single display; clone (when I choose this it doesn't show ANY displays in the dropdown list); or DualView, which only has the TV in the dropdown box.

This problem is driving my boyfriend and me absolutely crazy. We can't seem to find a driver that will make the settings save when you leave the control panel.

Any help out there?? We've tried a couple of the drivers mentioned on this board, plus TVTool, and nothing has helped.
[quote name='DiLuZioNaL' date='May 10 2007, 10:12 PM']I just recently purchased an HP slimline S3020N with GeForce 6150 LE on board graphics card running windows vista (OS). I'm trying to setup up dual display via VGA to monitor & S-video to tv which works on the tv through the boot up process but as soon as vista's GUI loads up the connection to the tv flashes out and my monitor boots up without any tv display. I've selected "extend my desktop to this monitor" which does nothing. When I hit "apply" it unchecks the option and I'm back at square one. I tried to reinstall the drivers which brought up the desktop on the tv (but not the monitor) for 10 seconds and then it shut off the tv signal and went back to the monitor. If anyone has a fix for this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You.

[snapback]195665[/snapback]

I just purchased an s3000 HP slimline with the same graphics card (6150 LE) and we are having EXACTLY the same problem. The only way to choose which display to use (monitor or TV) is to ONLY have that one plugged in before booting up - i.e., if only the TV is plugged in, it will boot up on the TV just fine. When it's on the TV and the monitor is plugged in as well, NVIDIA recognizes it as a television and I actually get more options in the NVIDIA control panel, but as you said, the settings don't save and I still can't switch back and forth between the displays. The options are one single display; clone (when I choose this it doesn't show ANY displays in the dropdown list); or DualView, which only has the TV in the dropdown box.

This problem is driving my boyfriend and me absolutely crazy. We can't seem to find a driver that will make the settings save when you leave the control panel.

Any help out there?? We've tried a couple of the drivers mentioned on this board, plus TVTool, and nothing has helped.

Posted 05/18/2007 10:20 PM   
[quote name='onetrooluff' date='May 18 2007, 03:20 PM']I just purchased an s3000 HP slimline with the same graphics card (6150 LE) and we are having EXACTLY the same problem. The only way to choose which display to use (monitor or TV) is to ONLY have that one plugged in before booting up - i.e., if only the TV is plugged in, it will boot up on the TV just fine. When it's on the TV and the monitor is plugged in as well, NVIDIA recognizes it as a television and I actually get more options in the NVIDIA control panel, but as you said, the settings don't save and I still can't switch back and forth between the displays. The options are one single display; clone (when I choose this it doesn't show ANY displays in the dropdown list); or DualView, which only has the TV in the dropdown box.

[right][snapback]198737[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i also have the hp s3020n slimline, went through hp and nvidia, nvidia said to back to hp, even updated the motherboard drivers, my graphics went really bright and bad and it interferred with my ethernet connection to dsl modem. have the same experiences of the t.v. situation except i don't get any options except display settings. pretty frustrating but thanks for the plug temporary solutions.
[quote name='onetrooluff' date='May 18 2007, 03:20 PM']I just purchased an s3000 HP slimline with the same graphics card (6150 LE) and we are having EXACTLY the same problem. The only way to choose which display to use (monitor or TV) is to ONLY have that one plugged in before booting up - i.e., if only the TV is plugged in, it will boot up on the TV just fine. When it's on the TV and the monitor is plugged in as well, NVIDIA recognizes it as a television and I actually get more options in the NVIDIA control panel, but as you said, the settings don't save and I still can't switch back and forth between the displays. The options are one single display; clone (when I choose this it doesn't show ANY displays in the dropdown list); or DualView, which only has the TV in the dropdown box.

[snapback]198737[/snapback]

i also have the hp s3020n slimline, went through hp and nvidia, nvidia said to back to hp, even updated the motherboard drivers, my graphics went really bright and bad and it interferred with my ethernet connection to dsl modem. have the same experiences of the t.v. situation except i don't get any options except display settings. pretty frustrating but thanks for the plug temporary solutions.

Posted 06/23/2007 09:45 PM   
Scroll To Top