Cannot install FX 5200 driver Problem with installing drivers
I have installed a Gigabyte GV-N2128TE graphics card (which has the nVIDIA GEFORCE FX5200) in my PC. This has an ASUS A7A266-E Socket A motherboard, with an AGP Pro slot, and an Athlon 1800+ processor and is running Windows XP SP 2 with 512MB RAM.

When I try to install the drivers using the XP 'Found new Hardware' wizard, the files start to get copied across, then I get a message saying that 'Cannot install this hardware. There was a problem installing this hardware: Video controller (VGA Compatible). An error occured during the installation of this device. The data is invalid'.

I get this message when trying to install using the drivers on the CD supplied with the card, which has version 61.36, 06/10/2004.

I get the same message when trying to install using driver_nvidia_2kxp.exe from the Gigabyte web site and also using 66.93_win2kxp_english.exe and also 66.93_win2kxp_international.exe drivers downloaded from nVIDIA.

I've run out of ideas. Does anyone know what I have to do to install the driver?
Do I need a different driver and if so which one and where from?
Thanks for any help.
I have installed a Gigabyte GV-N2128TE graphics card (which has the nVIDIA GEFORCE FX5200) in my PC. This has an ASUS A7A266-E Socket A motherboard, with an AGP Pro slot, and an Athlon 1800+ processor and is running Windows XP SP 2 with 512MB RAM.

When I try to install the drivers using the XP 'Found new Hardware' wizard, the files start to get copied across, then I get a message saying that 'Cannot install this hardware. There was a problem installing this hardware: Video controller (VGA Compatible). An error occured during the installation of this device. The data is invalid'.

I get this message when trying to install using the drivers on the CD supplied with the card, which has version 61.36, 06/10/2004.

I get the same message when trying to install using driver_nvidia_2kxp.exe from the Gigabyte web site and also using 66.93_win2kxp_english.exe and also 66.93_win2kxp_international.exe drivers downloaded from nVIDIA.

I've run out of ideas. Does anyone know what I have to do to install the driver?

Thanks for any help.

Posted 02/14/2005 10:29 PM   
[quote name='rjjones' date='Feb 14 2005, 02:29 PM']I have installed a Gigabyte GV-N2128TE graphics card (which has the nVIDIA GEFORCE FX5200) in my PC. This has an ASUS A7A266-E Socket A motherboard, with an AGP Pro slot, and an Athlon 1800+ processor and is running Windows XP SP 2 with 512MB RAM.

Thanks for any help.
[right][post="17091"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
[quote name='rjjones' date='Feb 14 2005, 02:29 PM']I have installed a Gigabyte GV-N2128TE graphics card (which has the nVIDIA GEFORCE FX5200) in my PC. This has an ASUS A7A266-E Socket A motherboard, with an AGP Pro slot, and an Athlon 1800+ processor and is running Windows XP SP 2 with 512MB RAM.

Thanks for any help.

[post="17091"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Posted 02/26/2005 09:33 PM   

Thanks for any help.
[right][post="17091"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Thanks for any help.

[post="17091"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Posted 02/26/2005 09:35 PM   
[quote name='demt' date='Feb 26 2005, 01:35 PM']  believe it or not find the right version of windowsxp before their security code replaces invidea drivers with microsoft approved versions ,date about a year ago if your intrested

[right][post="19896"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
[quote name='demt' date='Feb 26 2005, 01:35 PM']  believe it or not find the right version of windowsxp before their security code replaces invidea drivers with microsoft approved versions ,date about a year ago if your intrested

[post="19896"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Posted 02/26/2005 09:38 PM   
[quote name='demt' date='Feb 26 2005, 10:38 PM']
[right][snapback]19898[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Can you please elaborate on this. What had changed exactly in windows, why is there so little documentation on this on the web? How exactly can I search back in Windows?

I have the same problem, and i'm about to get desperate.

Hope you can help
[quote name='demt' date='Feb 26 2005, 10:38 PM']

[snapback]19898[/snapback]

Can you please elaborate on this. What had changed exactly in windows, why is there so little documentation on this on the web? How exactly can I search back in Windows?

I have the same problem, and i'm about to get desperate.

Hope you can help

Posted 10/09/2007 07:22 PM   
[quote name='rjjones' date='Feb 15 2005, 12:29 AM']I have installed a Gigabyte GV-N2128TE graphics card (which has the nVIDIA GEFORCE FX5200) in my PC. This has an ASUS A7A266-E Socket A motherboard, with an AGP Pro slot, and an Athlon 1800+ processor and is running Windows XP SP 2 with 512MB RAM.

Thanks for any help.
[right][snapback]17091[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

DO NOT install the drivers with "new hardware wizard" mate.
Download the drivers Forceware 67.03 or 77.77 from the nvidia archieve and just run those setups,the installer will do it for u.
Always click cancel on the" new hardware wizard".
[quote name='rjjones' date='Feb 15 2005, 12:29 AM']I have installed a Gigabyte GV-N2128TE graphics card (which has the nVIDIA GEFORCE FX5200) in my PC. This has an ASUS A7A266-E Socket A motherboard, with an AGP Pro slot, and an Athlon 1800+ processor and is running Windows XP SP 2 with 512MB RAM.

Thanks for any help.

[snapback]17091[/snapback]

DO NOT install the drivers with "new hardware wizard" mate.

Download the drivers Forceware 67.03 or 77.77 from the nvidia archieve and just run those setups,the installer will do it for u.

Posted 10/09/2007 07:45 PM   
[quote name='T@2' date='Oct 9 2007, 08:45 PM']DO NOT install the drivers with "new hardware wizard" mate.
[right][snapback]262632[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well, I tried that too, but then I get a windows error, saying that the software does not comply with the windows logo. I can overrule this by clicking on "install sofware anyway" but this does not solve the problem. Would you have other suggestions?
[quote name='T@2' date='Oct 9 2007, 08:45 PM']DO NOT install the drivers with "new hardware wizard" mate.

[snapback]262632[/snapback]

Well, I tried that too, but then I get a windows error, saying that the software does not comply with the windows logo. I can overrule this by clicking on "install sofware anyway" but this does not solve the problem. Would you have other suggestions?

Posted 10/09/2007 07:59 PM   
for fx5200 use driver 93.71
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/gtjr_ph/gpuz-fx5200.jpg[/img]
for fx5200 use driver 93.71

Posted 10/10/2007 09:16 PM   
[quote name='tvanellen' date='Oct 9 2007, 09:59 PM']Well, I tried that too, but then I get a windows error, saying that the software does not comply with the windows logo. I can overrule this by clicking on "install sofware anyway" but this does not solve the problem. Would you have other suggestions?
[right][snapback]262640[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Man download 63.71 or 77.77 they are logoed if i remember well and they must work good with 5200.I had this.Uninstall the nvidia driver u curently use before installing the other one.
[quote name='tvanellen' date='Oct 9 2007, 09:59 PM']Well, I tried that too, but then I get a windows error, saying that the software does not comply with the windows logo. I can overrule this by clicking on "install sofware anyway" but this does not solve the problem. Would you have other suggestions?

[snapback]262640[/snapback]

Man download 63.71 or 77.77 they are logoed if i remember well and they must work good with 5200.I had this.Uninstall the nvidia driver u curently use before installing the other one.

Posted 10/11/2007 01:21 AM   
Scroll To Top