Leadtek WinFast A180BT 128MB TV-Out Troubles The card only outputs in Black and White
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease somebody help me! /fear.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fear:' />

I bought a Leadtek WinFast A180BT card the other day and it will only output TV in black and white. It has a composite out (phono-type socket) and a S-Video out. Having tried the composite with a phono lead and the S-Video with an adaptor I'm still only seeing a black and white output on my TV. /no.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':no:' />

The drivers that came with the card didn't even include software for TV-Out and I had to update them from the Leadtek website. The equivalent in GeForce is GeForce4 MX 4000.

If anyone has ANY ideas whatsoever, they would be greatly greatly appreciated. :huh:

Thanks in advance,

Nick.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease somebody help me! /fear.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fear:' />

I bought a Leadtek WinFast A180BT card the other day and it will only output TV in black and white. It has a composite out (phono-type socket) and a S-Video out. Having tried the composite with a phono lead and the S-Video with an adaptor I'm still only seeing a black and white output on my TV. /no.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':no:' />

The drivers that came with the card didn't even include software for TV-Out and I had to update them from the Leadtek website. The equivalent in GeForce is GeForce4 MX 4000.

If anyone has ANY ideas whatsoever, they would be greatly greatly appreciated. :huh:

Thanks in advance,

Nick.

Posted 02/11/2005 09:21 PM   
No one seems to know the answer to my question. Does anyone know of another place I could ask?

Thanks in advance.

Nick.
No one seems to know the answer to my question. Does anyone know of another place I could ask?

Thanks in advance.

Nick.

Posted 02/13/2005 07:25 PM   
Hello
I had the same problem and the only post/help i could find was yours!
i tried everything newdrivers, forceware drivers, reference drivers, tv-tool and nothing or black and white screen.
I have "found" a solution - i installed 6.14 drivers and also downloaded the winfox utility availablre from leadtek, and it works now fine.
whether the tv out decoder is unusual and it needs win fox to work i don't know.
if you have probs with playing dvds then go to the "fullscreen" tab on the nvidia driver page, and on the bottom left there is an option to select the "fullscreen device" select the correct display (mine is secondary as i have the tv as a "clone" of the pc monitor)
hope this helps
adam

[quote name='whetphish' date='Feb 11 2005, 01:21 PM']
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease somebody help me! :fear:

I bought a Leadtek WinFast A180BT card the other day and it will only output TV in black and white. It has a composite out (phono-type socket) and a S-Video out. Having tried the composite with a phono lead and the S-Video with an adaptor I'm still only seeing a black and white output on my TV. :no:

Thanks in advance,

Nick.
Hello

i tried everything newdrivers, forceware drivers, reference drivers, tv-tool and nothing or black and white screen.

I have "found" a solution - i installed 6.14 drivers and also downloaded the winfox utility availablre from leadtek, and it works now fine.

whether the tv out decoder is unusual and it needs win fox to work i don't know.

if you have probs with playing dvds then go to the "fullscreen" tab on the nvidia driver page, and on the bottom left there is an option to select the "fullscreen device" select the correct display (mine is secondary as i have the tv as a "clone" of the pc monitor)

hope this helps

adam

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease somebody help me! :fear:

I bought a Leadtek WinFast A180BT card the other day and it will only output TV in black and white. It has a composite out (phono-type socket) and a S-Video out. Having tried the composite with a phono lead and the S-Video with an adaptor I'm still only seeing a black and white output on my TV. :no:

Thanks in advance,

Nick.

Posted 02/22/2005 10:14 AM   
[quote name='cloudwarrior' date='Feb 22 2005, 02:14 AM']
Hello
hope this helps
adam

Thanks in advance,

Nick.
[right][snapback]18684[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Dont use the S-Video out because it has problems and I have a prob. on that so I use the Video out (the Yellow onebeside S-Video out)
[quote name='cloudwarrior' date='Feb 22 2005, 02:14 AM']

Hello

hope this helps

adam

Thanks in advance,

Nick.

[snapback]18684[/snapback]

Dont use the S-Video out because it has problems and I have a prob. on that so I use the Video out (the Yellow onebeside S-Video out)

Posted 12/20/2007 02:37 PM   
I have no problems with the s-video. It is the composite which bugs me.
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=52156&hl="]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=52156&hl=[/url]

A few things to check:

1. Change the signal or HD format. Make sure your selected format is correct for your TV/country.

2. Change the signal or HD format. Make sure your selected connector is correct. If you choose [b]component[/b], that means three signal wires/cables (RGB). If you connect only one cable when you are in this mode, naturally you'll get only black and white. To get colour all three signals are needed.

3. Is the TV being shown correctly in the nV control panel? If it says HDTV and you only have an analog TV, be sure it is giving you component video output instead of the composite video that you want/expect.
I have no problems with the s-video. It is the composite which bugs me.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=52156&hl=

A few things to check:

1. Change the signal or HD format. Make sure your selected format is correct for your TV/country.

2. Change the signal or HD format. Make sure your selected connector is correct. If you choose component, that means three signal wires/cables (RGB). If you connect only one cable when you are in this mode, naturally you'll get only black and white. To get colour all three signals are needed.

3. Is the TV being shown correctly in the nV control panel? If it says HDTV and you only have an analog TV, be sure it is giving you component video output instead of the composite video that you want/expect.

Posted 12/20/2007 03:51 PM   
Scroll To Top