Two monitors and SLI
Most PCs with one video card support two monitors and nview.
Two video cards working in SLI mode support only one monitor.

Is there any way to use two monitors with SLI enabled?

Any help pls?
Most PCs with one video card support two monitors and nview.

Any help pls?

Posted 01/26/2005 03:14 PM   
[quote name='mariosalice' date='Jan 26 2005, 06:14 PM']Most PCs with one video card support two monitors and nview.

Any help pls?
[right][post="13001"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I have posted this question about SLI support for two monitors and I got no answer by now. Let me change my question a little.

Is Nvidia going to release new drivers to support two monitors on the first video card under SLI?
Is Nvidia going to fix the refresh rate override problem under SLI?
I expect a fix and not dissabling this feature in future updates.

SLI does not support Nview desktop manager, hence no two monitors support.
I believe every single video card on the market, with SLI support, should write this on the box.

I have spended a lot of money to build a new PC based on Nvidia's Nforce4 SLI chip. I bought two Albatron 6600gt video cards and now I see I cannot use two monitors as I used to. I feel like ...... (use whatever you like here).

Thank you.
[quote name='mariosalice' date='Jan 26 2005, 06:14 PM']Most PCs with one video card support two monitors and nview.

Any help pls?

[post="13001"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have posted this question about SLI support for two monitors and I got no answer by now. Let me change my question a little.

Is Nvidia going to release new drivers to support two monitors on the first video card under SLI?

Is Nvidia going to fix the refresh rate override problem under SLI?

I expect a fix and not dissabling this feature in future updates.

SLI does not support Nview desktop manager, hence no two monitors support.

I believe every single video card on the market, with SLI support, should write this on the box.

I have spended a lot of money to build a new PC based on Nvidia's Nforce4 SLI chip. I bought two Albatron 6600gt video cards and now I see I cannot use two monitors as I used to. I feel like ...... (use whatever you like here).

Thank you.

Posted 02/08/2005 11:15 AM   
Allow me to *bump* this thread too.

It seems a shame to spend "all that money" on a more expensive motherboard, power supply and a pair of high-end video cards and not get two monitors functioning as well?

Please . . .

Someone from nVidia notice this thread and give us a little encouragement.

Thanks,

Joe
Allow me to *bump* this thread too.

It seems a shame to spend "all that money" on a more expensive motherboard, power supply and a pair of high-end video cards and not get two monitors functioning as well?

Please . . .

Someone from nVidia notice this thread and give us a little encouragement.

Thanks,

Joe

Posted 03/17/2005 04:48 AM   
ok lets bump this 2

[quote name='Luke7777' date='Apr 6 2005, 10:49 AM']There's a [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=3510"]rumour[/url] that they'r working on a driver version "90" that might cater for some of the probs we're having
[right][post="26750"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
nice to hear about this "rumour" i hope nvidia is realy workin on it ... i only want to run my 2 TFTs on my SLI system !!!

is that 2 much that i want??? i think not! i dont want to run 4 or 5 monitors only 2 it should be possible to run 2 on SLI!
ok lets bump this 2

[quote name='Luke7777' date='Apr 6 2005, 10:49 AM']There's a rumour that they'r working on a driver version "90" that might cater for some of the probs we're having

[post="26750"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

nice to hear about this "rumour" i hope nvidia is realy workin on it ... i only want to run my 2 TFTs on my SLI system !!!

is that 2 much that i want??? i think not! i dont want to run 4 or 5 monitors only 2 it should be possible to run 2 on SLI!

Posted 04/13/2005 10:56 AM   
*bump*

I want dual monitor support too!!!
*bump*

Posted 04/17/2005 12:33 PM   
[quote name='Private Joker' date='Apr 17 2005, 03:33 PM']*bump*

[right][post="28497"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
There is not even a hint about SLI not supporting Microsoft's Windows Dualview.
Nvidia makes no comments about this.
Nview or dualview not working with SLI is neither a known product limitation nor a driver issue according to Nvidia's 71.89_ForceWare_Release_Notes.pdf.
Then those who already have one Nvidia card and might want to buy an SLI based system come to the justified conclusion that SLI has no problems and it works in dual view, just like their single card they own.
This is not fair. It is misleading. Nvidia should write clearly about SLI problems for ppl to know.

So I clearly ask Nvidia Moderators here
Is this problem a known product limitation or an open Issue?
In case it is a product limitation are they going to include this vital information to their products in the future?
[quote name='Private Joker' date='Apr 17 2005, 03:33 PM']*bump*

[post="28497"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

There is not even a hint about SLI not supporting Microsoft's Windows Dualview.

Nvidia makes no comments about this.

Nview or dualview not working with SLI is neither a known product limitation nor a driver issue according to Nvidia's 71.89_ForceWare_Release_Notes.pdf.

Then those who already have one Nvidia card and might want to buy an SLI based system come to the justified conclusion that SLI has no problems and it works in dual view, just like their single card they own.

This is not fair. It is misleading. Nvidia should write clearly about SLI problems for ppl to know.

So I clearly ask Nvidia Moderators here

Is this problem a known product limitation or an open Issue?

In case it is a product limitation are they going to include this vital information to their products in the future?

Posted 04/17/2005 02:39 PM   
I couldn't agree more

I've had dualview for over 4 years, I've become more or less dependant on it.
At this moment I can't use it with my dual 6600 GT SLI.

on a side note, SLI has many many problems, I've had alot of problems with trying to get SLI run under WinXp X64 beta, but it just isn't possible.
Right now I'm forced to use Winxp 32 while I could be ACTUALLY using my 64bit architecture. Since I don't want that 2nd card going to waste.
I couldn't agree more

I've had dualview for over 4 years, I've become more or less dependant on it.

At this moment I can't use it with my dual 6600 GT SLI.

on a side note, SLI has many many problems, I've had alot of problems with trying to get SLI run under WinXp X64 beta, but it just isn't possible.

Right now I'm forced to use Winxp 32 while I could be ACTUALLY using my 64bit architecture. Since I don't want that 2nd card going to waste.

Asus A8N SLI Deluxe
64AMD 3500+ winchester (2.5Ghz)
OCZ EL DDR400 PC-3200 Dual Channel Gold VX 2-2-2-6
2x Asus Geforce6600 GT (585/1350)
WD Raptor 74GB
Enhance 460W PSU ENS-0246
Mark05 -> 7229

Posted 04/17/2005 05:00 PM   
Scroll To Top