Vsync
Can someone please tell me how to activate Vsync?

I have an nVidia GeForce Ti 4200 with the latest drivers.

thanks much
Can someone please tell me how to activate Vsync?

I have an nVidia GeForce Ti 4200 with the latest drivers.

thanks much

Posted 01/19/2005 10:56 PM   
i have this option available with 66.93 driver in the quality/performance tab...
i have this option available with 66.93 driver in the quality/performance tab...

Posted 01/20/2005 01:56 AM   
I was wondering the same thing myself.I just got a 6800 ultra and it seems like vsync doesn't actually work.I can set it to always on,or application preference but it doesn't seem to do anything.The same thing with my kids 5700 oc.We both have the same drivers,66.93.I have another machine with a Ti 4400 and 56.72 drivers and it works on that one.I tried those drivers with my ultra and it wouldn't recognize the card.Kinda makes me wish I didn't put my 9800 pro in the wifes Shuttle.
I was wondering the same thing myself.I just got a 6800 ultra and it seems like vsync doesn't actually work.I can set it to always on,or application preference but it doesn't seem to do anything.The same thing with my kids 5700 oc.We both have the same drivers,66.93.I have another machine with a Ti 4400 and 56.72 drivers and it works on that one.I tried those drivers with my ultra and it wouldn't recognize the card.Kinda makes me wish I didn't put my 9800 pro in the wifes Shuttle.

Posted 02/07/2005 01:17 AM   
Why does any one actually want VSYNC? Well if you do need it most games can control VSYNC in the game. But my VSYNC control works fine in and out of games, which is why I make sure it, is turned off most of the time.
Why does any one actually want VSYNC? Well if you do need it most games can control VSYNC in the game. But my VSYNC control works fine in and out of games, which is why I make sure it, is turned off most of the time.

550 Watt PSU
Intel I7-3770 @ 3.8Ghz
16GB DDR3 PC12800
660 GTX OEM 1.5 DDR5
16X DVD/RW
SATA 6.0/s WD 2TB

Posted 02/07/2005 02:11 AM   
I want it on to stop the tearing when I play some of my games.I realize that it slows your fps but I bought my ultra so I would get the best posible image and an image that tears when you turn side to side doesn't seem that great to me.I don't need to have the highest fps.I know what this card is capable of.If I need to turn vsync off to get a higher score in 3dmark,I can deal with that.I'm just a little P.O.ed that my $500 video card looks worse than one I paid $200 for.Although I have to admit it only seems to be a problem on opengl games.Doom and Half life don't seem affected.I was just curious about why turning it on seems to have no affect.
I want it on to stop the tearing when I play some of my games.I realize that it slows your fps but I bought my ultra so I would get the best posible image and an image that tears when you turn side to side doesn't seem that great to me.I don't need to have the highest fps.I know what this card is capable of.If I need to turn vsync off to get a higher score in 3dmark,I can deal with that.I'm just a little P.O.ed that my $500 video card looks worse than one I paid $200 for.Although I have to admit it only seems to be a problem on opengl games.Doom and Half life don't seem affected.I was just curious about why turning it on seems to have no affect.

Posted 02/07/2005 05:52 AM   
[quote name='xj31' date='Feb 6 2005, 11:52 PM']I want it on to stop the tearing when I play some of my games.I realize that it slows your fps but I bought my ultra so I would get the best posible image and an image that tears when you turn side to side doesn't seem that great to me.I don't need to have the highest fps.I know what this card is capable of.If I need to turn vsync  off to get a higher score in 3dmark,I can deal with that.I'm just a little P.O.ed that my $500 video card looks worse than one I paid $200 for.Although I have to admit it only seems to be a problem on opengl games.Doom and Half life don't seem affected.I was just curious about why turning it on seems to have no affect.
[right][post="15327"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Doom 3 is an OpenGL game. You should set your card to "high quality". Maybe then use some more AA and AF and your image quality should be great. Well you should be a little PO'ed because your card is over priced you should have just gotten a 6800GT and OC it in small amounts to get Ultra performance. ;)
[quote name='xj31' date='Feb 6 2005, 11:52 PM']I want it on to stop the tearing when I play some of my games.I realize that it slows your fps but I bought my ultra so I would get the best posible image and an image that tears when you turn side to side doesn't seem that great to me.I don't need to have the highest fps.I know what this card is capable of.If I need to turn vsync  off to get a higher score in 3dmark,I can deal with that.I'm just a little P.O.ed that my $500 video card looks worse than one I paid $200 for.Although I have to admit it only seems to be a problem on opengl games.Doom and Half life don't seem affected.I was just curious about why turning it on seems to have no affect.

[post="15327"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Doom 3 is an OpenGL game. You should set your card to "high quality". Maybe then use some more AA and AF and your image quality should be great. Well you should be a little PO'ed because your card is over priced you should have just gotten a 6800GT and OC it in small amounts to get Ultra performance. ;)

550 Watt PSU
Intel I7-3770 @ 3.8Ghz
16GB DDR3 PC12800
660 GTX OEM 1.5 DDR5
16X DVD/RW
SATA 6.0/s WD 2TB

Posted 02/07/2005 06:39 AM   
Thanks for the advice.You are right it is an overpriced card but I didn't pay$500 for it.Maybe I am mistaken about the opengl thing.It seems like it is older games that have the tearing problem.For example,quake 3,rtcw,and mooaa.I turned everything up to the max,the image quality is phenomenal,it's just the tearing that has got me annoyed.I can work around.I found some console commands "r_swapinterval 1"that seems to limit my fps to 60 which is the refresh rate of my lcd.Then everything is beautiful.It's just that on my old 9800 pro I didn't have to do that and my fps would go higher than 60.I guess that's a compromise I have to make because like I said,newer games like doom don't seem to be affected.But I thought I read somewhere about doom limiting your fps to 60 but that might be in multiplayer.
Thanks for the advice.You are right it is an overpriced card but I didn't pay$500 for it.Maybe I am mistaken about the opengl thing.It seems like it is older games that have the tearing problem.For example,quake 3,rtcw,and mooaa.I turned everything up to the max,the image quality is phenomenal,it's just the tearing that has got me annoyed.I can work around.I found some console commands "r_swapinterval 1"that seems to limit my fps to 60 which is the refresh rate of my lcd.Then everything is beautiful.It's just that on my old 9800 pro I didn't have to do that and my fps would go higher than 60.I guess that's a compromise I have to make because like I said,newer games like doom don't seem to be affected.But I thought I read somewhere about doom limiting your fps to 60 but that might be in multiplayer.

Posted 02/07/2005 01:52 PM   
[quote name='xj31' date='Feb 7 2005, 07:22 PM']Thanks for the advice.You are right it is an overpriced card but I didn't pay$500 for it.Maybe I am mistaken about the opengl thing.It seems like it is older games that have the tearing problem.For example,quake 3,rtcw,and mooaa.I turned everything up to the max,the image quality is phenomenal,it's just the tearing that has got me annoyed.I can work around.I found some console commands "r_swapinterval 1"that seems to limit my fps to 60 which is the refresh rate of my lcd.Then everything is beautiful.It's just that on my old 9800 pro I didn't have to do that and my fps would go higher than 60.I guess that's a compromise I have to make because like I said,newer games like doom don't seem to be affected.But I thought I read somewhere about doom limiting your fps to 60 but that might be in multiplayer.
[right][post="15398"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

after u changed from ur 9800 pro did u change ur power supply...if so which 1 do u hav now.
since u hav a ultra now...it needs a lot more.
[quote name='xj31' date='Feb 7 2005, 07:22 PM']Thanks for the advice.You are right it is an overpriced card but I didn't pay$500 for it.Maybe I am mistaken about the opengl thing.It seems like it is older games that have the tearing problem.For example,quake 3,rtcw,and mooaa.I turned everything up to the max,the image quality is phenomenal,it's just the tearing that has got me annoyed.I can work around.I found some console commands "r_swapinterval 1"that seems to limit my fps to 60 which is the refresh rate of my lcd.Then everything is beautiful.It's just that on my old 9800 pro I didn't have to do that and my fps would go higher than 60.I guess that's a compromise I have to make because like I said,newer games like doom don't seem to be affected.But I thought I read somewhere about doom limiting your fps to 60 but that might be in multiplayer.

[post="15398"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

after u changed from ur 9800 pro did u change ur power supply...if so which 1 do u hav now.

Do not go where a path leads...Go where there is no path and leave a trail...

Posted 02/26/2005 05:27 PM   
[quote name='neonfire' date='Feb 26 2005, 12:27 PM']after u changed from ur 9800 pro did u change ur power supply...if so which 1 do u hav now.
[right][post="19845"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Thanks for the input but I don't think thats it.Its an antec 480 watt ps
[quote name='neonfire' date='Feb 26 2005, 12:27 PM']after u changed from ur 9800 pro did u change ur power supply...if so which 1 do u hav now.

[post="19845"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thanks for the input but I don't think thats it.Its an antec 480 watt ps

Posted 02/26/2005 08:17 PM   
[quote name='LexiconG2' date='Feb 6 2005, 06:11 PM']Why does any one actually want VSYNC?
[right][post="15315"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I can't play without it , I just see the image "mistakes" to often...
[quote name='LexiconG2' date='Feb 6 2005, 06:11 PM']Why does any one actually want VSYNC?

[post="15315"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I can't play without it , I just see the image "mistakes" to often...

Posted 02/27/2005 12:25 AM   
Use RivaTuner which is available at www.guru3d.com to fiddle with whatever settings you want in your video card. It is the best utility out there for this purpose.
Use RivaTuner which is available at www.guru3d.com to fiddle with whatever settings you want in your video card. It is the best utility out there for this purpose.

Posted 02/27/2005 07:23 AM   
[quote name='BeCreative' date='Feb 26 2005, 07:25 PM']I can't play without it , I just see the image "mistakes" to often...
[right][post="19925"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Thank you!I was kinda wondering why someone wouldn't want it on.What's the point of having a decent card if the image looks like garbage.Because you have higher fps?I bought my 6800 ultra so I could turn on all the eye-candy.
[quote name='BeCreative' date='Feb 26 2005, 07:25 PM']I can't play without it , I just see the image "mistakes" to often...

[post="19925"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thank you!I was kinda wondering why someone wouldn't want it on.What's the point of having a decent card if the image looks like garbage.Because you have higher fps?I bought my 6800 ultra so I could turn on all the eye-candy.

Posted 03/03/2005 04:00 AM   
Scroll To Top