Tier 2 SLI doesn't need bridge connector Maybe performance increase with no piece
While talking to various Tier 2 motherboard manufactures it seems like they were left out when it came to SLI implementation. While Tier 1 manufacturers like ASUS use a traditional "NVIDIA like" design with a bridge mating the two cards for SLI to be functional, we heard that it is not needed. Some motherboard manufacturers best left unnamed have found a way to enable SLI through the PCIe BUS. NVIDIA told us that the bridge on top of the cards allows for up to 1GB/Sec of data travel and helps other sources had very different comments. Seems like you will be seeing various Tier 2 SLI motherboards coming out that don't need the bridge link. Since they don't follow the SLI design they can't be certified by NVIDIA and therefore dubbed XLI. It will be interesting to see how XLI fares versus SLI as they are two radically different designs that do the same thing.
While talking to various Tier 2 motherboard manufactures it seems like they were left out when it came to SLI implementation. While Tier 1 manufacturers like ASUS use a traditional "NVIDIA like" design with a bridge mating the two cards for SLI to be functional, we heard that it is not needed. Some motherboard manufacturers best left unnamed have found a way to enable SLI through the PCIe BUS. NVIDIA told us that the bridge on top of the cards allows for up to 1GB/Sec of data travel and helps other sources had very different comments. Seems like you will be seeing various Tier 2 SLI motherboards coming out that don't need the bridge link. Since they don't follow the SLI design they can't be certified by NVIDIA and therefore dubbed XLI. It will be interesting to see how XLI fares versus SLI as they are two radically different designs that do the same thing.

Posted 12/11/2004 07:35 PM   
source for this?

here you can find a lot of nforce4 mainboards and there are a few sli mainboards, but never heared anything about XLI ...

[url="http://www.hardwareluxx.de/story.php?id=1262"]http://www.hardwareluxx.de/story.php?id=1262[/url]
source for this?

here you can find a lot of nforce4 mainboards and there are a few sli mainboards, but never heared anything about XLI ...

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/story.php?id=1262

Posted 12/11/2004 07:54 PM   
Nyo has a habit of posting things that are poorly translated Babelfish renditions, or just not making sense ;) Or at least making statements that claim to be his own, when they're loosely oriented news articles found around the web. :)
Nyo has a habit of posting things that are poorly translated Babelfish renditions, or just not making sense ;) Or at least making statements that claim to be his own, when they're loosely oriented news articles found around the web. :)

Posted 12/12/2004 01:24 AM   
this really makes no sense ... it is just a more loosely oriented news than the inquirer post them
this really makes no sense ... it is just a more loosely oriented news than the inquirer post them

Posted 12/12/2004 10:16 AM   
[quote name='Ronin' date='Dec 12 2004, 11:24 AM']Nyo has a habit of posting things that are poorly translated Babelfish renditions, or just not making sense ;)  Or at least making statements that claim to be his own, when they're loosely oriented news articles found around the web.  :)
[right][post="4496"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

At least I'm not like don he gives you the link in german rather than translating it in google. it takes an extra 10 seconds. He probably had problems with alta vista ahahahah
[quote name='Ronin' date='Dec 12 2004, 11:24 AM']Nyo has a habit of posting things that are poorly translated Babelfish renditions, or just not making sense ;)  Or at least making statements that claim to be his own, when they're loosely oriented news articles found around the web.  :)

[post="4496"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

At least I'm not like don he gives you the link in german rather than translating it in google. it takes an extra 10 seconds. He probably had problems with alta vista ahahahah

Posted 12/12/2004 02:28 PM   
everyone wants to read it in englisch takes it extra 10 seconds, german readers just click ...

but now it`s time to discuss your nonsense ....... XLI *LOL*
everyone wants to read it in englisch takes it extra 10 seconds, german readers just click ...

but now it`s time to discuss your nonsense ....... XLI *LOL*

Posted 12/12/2004 02:37 PM   
Indeed. I saw that post, and I'm very interested to see where this information is coming from.
Indeed. I saw that post, and I'm very interested to see where this information is coming from.

Posted 12/12/2004 05:59 PM   
out of his brain, i don`t think that there is another source fpr this
out of his brain, i don`t think that there is another source fpr this

Posted 12/12/2004 07:59 PM   
It doesn't make any sense. I don't see any reason why a board maker would decide to add needless complexity to the board design when they can just provide the bridge in a separate PCB or cable. /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />

Next...
It doesn't make any sense. I don't see any reason why a board maker would decide to add needless complexity to the board design when they can just provide the bridge in a separate PCB or cable. /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />

Next...

Posted 12/13/2004 08:23 AM   
Scroll To Top