BSOD while playing gaming
I build my first pc 2 days ago. I installed windows 10 education version 1709 and updated it to newest version. also installed latest drivers. Then I install call of duty ww2 and play it about 20 min, suddenly appear blue screen and restart the computer. Its stop code shows "MEMORY MANAGEMENT". Again I tried to play WW2 about 10 or 15 min appear again blue screen.Then BSOD says "System thread exception not handled (nvlddmkm.sys)" but when I use pc for other day to day work not gaming it will work fine. I would appreciate it very much if could give me a solution for this matter. (specs motherboard: gigabyte h270m d3h, gigabyte gtx 1050ti, intel i5 7400, 8GB Ram, 450W psu)
I build my first pc 2 days ago. I installed windows 10 education version 1709 and updated it to newest version. also installed latest drivers. Then I install call of duty ww2 and play it about 20 min, suddenly appear blue screen and restart the computer. Its stop code shows "MEMORY MANAGEMENT". Again I tried to play WW2 about 10 or 15 min appear again blue screen.Then BSOD says "System thread exception not handled (nvlddmkm.sys)" but when I use pc for other day to day work not gaming it will work fine.
I would appreciate it very much if could give me a solution for this matter.
(specs motherboard: gigabyte h270m d3h, gigabyte gtx 1050ti, intel i5 7400, 8GB Ram, 450W psu)

Posted 04/16/2018 03:09 PM   
Make sure the RAM runs at the speeds listed on the box. Also check that your specific RAM model is listed on Gigabyte's site on the [url=https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-H270M-D3H-rev-10#support-doc]QVL for your motherboard[/url]. If it's not, there's a chance that it is not configured properly in BIOS. If you are running XMP, disable it and see if the issue still occurs. You should also make sure to check if your PC is actually stable outside of gaming. Try 12 hours of prime95, can leave it open over night, if any workers stop early and you notice that, you can end the test, your PC is not stable. Do both SmallFFT and Blend. I would also consider running memtest86, but first make sure the RAM is running at default parameters and speeds. If you overclocked anything, revert it all to default until you are done troubleshooting. You motherboard should ideally have the latest BIOS as well. Considering all 3 tests mentioned above, it will keep you busy for half a week.
Make sure the RAM runs at the speeds listed on the box. Also check that your specific RAM model is listed on Gigabyte's site on the QVL for your motherboard. If it's not, there's a chance that it is not configured properly in BIOS. If you are running XMP, disable it and see if the issue still occurs.

You should also make sure to check if your PC is actually stable outside of gaming. Try 12 hours of prime95, can leave it open over night, if any workers stop early and you notice that, you can end the test, your PC is not stable. Do both SmallFFT and Blend. I would also consider running memtest86, but first make sure the RAM is running at default parameters and speeds.

If you overclocked anything, revert it all to default until you are done troubleshooting. You motherboard should ideally have the latest BIOS as well. Considering all 3 tests mentioned above, it will keep you busy for half a week.

i7 8700K
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
ADATA XPG Dazzle 16GB DDR4 3000MHz CL16
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING 8G
Fujitsu Siemens Amilo LSL3230T 1080p
Windows 10 x64 Professional SCU

Posted 04/16/2018 05:42 PM   
I have G.Skill Aegis 8Gb 2400MHz ram F4-2400C15S-8GIS. This RAM model is not listed on QVL of my motherboard but when I checked the G.Skill RAM model site (https://gskill.com/en/product/f4-2400c15s-8gis) on QVL there is the motherboard. It says gigabyte H270m d3h mother board is a Qualified Vendor for using this ram model. also I updated BIOS. Also I run windows memory diagnostic and it showed nothing.
I have G.Skill Aegis 8Gb 2400MHz ram F4-2400C15S-8GIS. This RAM model is not listed on QVL of my motherboard but when I checked the G.Skill RAM model site (https://gskill.com/en/product/f4-2400c15s-8gis) on QVL there is the motherboard. It says gigabyte H270m d3h mother board is a Qualified Vendor for using this ram model.

also I updated BIOS. Also I run windows memory diagnostic and it showed nothing.

Posted 04/18/2018 01:02 PM   
I had similar issues 2 years ago with Memory Management BSOD. To put long story short the MB Memory Controller was 'strained' too much with all 4 DC memblocks attatched. I have no idea why, but changing the voltage from the default (in my case 1.5v) by + - 0.05v in either direction solved my problem. [color="orange"]As a disclaimer: I don't suggest you to do so cause rising voltages might damage your computer. [/color] Here is an old thread (2013) in Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1811018/memory-management-bsod-memtest-errors.html And my input (2016): [img]https://i.imgur.com/Zb9nFUq.png[/img] So in my case 1.5v (default) brings Mem Management BSOD. It didn't matter did I set the mem voltage either to 1.45 or to 1.55 but it solved my issue. No Mem Management BSOD's in 2 years. So I left the settings as-is (1.55v) regarding the post in tom's hardware. Edit: bunch of typos
I had similar issues 2 years ago with Memory Management BSOD. To put long story short the MB Memory Controller was 'strained' too much with all 4 DC memblocks attatched. I have no idea why, but changing the voltage from the default (in my case 1.5v) by + - 0.05v in either direction solved my problem.

As a disclaimer: I don't suggest you to do so cause rising voltages might damage your computer.

Here is an old thread (2013) in Tom's Hardware:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1811018/memory-management-bsod-memtest-errors.html

And my input (2016):

So in my case 1.5v (default) brings Mem Management BSOD. It didn't matter did I set the mem voltage either to 1.45 or to 1.55 but it solved my issue. No Mem Management BSOD's in 2 years. So I left the settings as-is (1.55v) regarding the post in tom's hardware.

Edit: bunch of typos

Posted 04/18/2018 02:47 PM   
DDR3 spec specifies a max of 1.57
DDR3 spec specifies a max of 1.57

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

CPU:Intel Xeon x5670 @ 3.8Gz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:24GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB
Monitor:55" Thorn TV, Sound:Sony Muteki 7.1
SDD:Crucial MX200 250, HDD: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
Case:NZXT Phantom 410, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 10
Cooler: ThermalRight TRUE Spirit 120M BW Rev.A

Posted 04/18/2018 02:51 PM   
[quote="vindula herath"]I have G.Skill Aegis 8Gb 2400MHz ram F4-2400C15S-8GIS. This RAM model is not listed on QVL of my motherboard but when I checked the G.Skill RAM model site (https://gskill.com/en/product/f4-2400c15s-8gis) on QVL there is the motherboard. It says gigabyte H270m d3h mother board is a Qualified Vendor for using this ram model. also I updated BIOS. Also I run windows memory diagnostic and it showed nothing.[/quote] The windows memory diagnostic is not sufficient. I am NOT saying that this is what happens to you with 100% certainty, but I can tell you what happened to me and what caused me BSODs (some similar to yours). Do keep in mind, your case might be different. Anyway, in my case it was the motherboard not being able to properly set the DDR4 XMP timings and overvolting my RAM. Took a month of testing to finally get that conclusion and it nearly made me send the PC back. Now it's 100% stable for months. The ONLY thing that helped me reproduce the BSODs with 100% certainty was running Blend (this is important, cause others will suggest SmallFFT) from prime95. It was the only test that would consistently result in prime workers stopping, sometimes after 8-9 hours, so I'd say leaving it for 12 hrs is very important. So, are you using XMP? What speed is your RAM running at? Did you verify that all the timings are properly set? You should be able to do that within BIOS. If you're using XMP, disable it, see if you get BSODs. Your RAM seems to be 2133MHz with a 2400MHz XMP. You should most definitely run Blend over night for 12 hrs and see if workers stop. If they do, the PC is unstable, and you will have to tweak stuff around until all is stable. Again, in my case, all other Prime95 tests were stable, memtest86 was stable, Windows 10 memory diagnostics were stable. Blend however would consistently point out the instability, and when it stopped doing that my PC was stable. What I did was undervolt the System Agent (VCCSA) and the Input/Output (VCCIO) and manually enter all the correct RAM timings instead of using XMP. Your case could have different causes, but... you still have to run the torture tests to see if the PC is stable.
vindula herath said:I have G.Skill Aegis 8Gb 2400MHz ram F4-2400C15S-8GIS. This RAM model is not listed on QVL of my motherboard but when I checked the G.Skill RAM model site (https://gskill.com/en/product/f4-2400c15s-8gis) on QVL there is the motherboard. It says gigabyte H270m d3h mother board is a Qualified Vendor for using this ram model.

also I updated BIOS. Also I run windows memory diagnostic and it showed nothing.

The windows memory diagnostic is not sufficient.

I am NOT saying that this is what happens to you with 100% certainty, but I can tell you what happened to me and what caused me BSODs (some similar to yours). Do keep in mind, your case might be different.

Anyway, in my case it was the motherboard not being able to properly set the DDR4 XMP timings and overvolting my RAM. Took a month of testing to finally get that conclusion and it nearly made me send the PC back. Now it's 100% stable for months.

The ONLY thing that helped me reproduce the BSODs with 100% certainty was running Blend (this is important, cause others will suggest SmallFFT) from prime95. It was the only test that would consistently result in prime workers stopping, sometimes after 8-9 hours, so I'd say leaving it for 12 hrs is very important.

So, are you using XMP? What speed is your RAM running at? Did you verify that all the timings are properly set? You should be able to do that within BIOS. If you're using XMP, disable it, see if you get BSODs. Your RAM seems to be 2133MHz with a 2400MHz XMP.

You should most definitely run Blend over night for 12 hrs and see if workers stop. If they do, the PC is unstable, and you will have to tweak stuff around until all is stable. Again, in my case, all other Prime95 tests were stable, memtest86 was stable, Windows 10 memory diagnostics were stable. Blend however would consistently point out the instability, and when it stopped doing that my PC was stable. What I did was undervolt the System Agent (VCCSA) and the Input/Output (VCCIO) and manually enter all the correct RAM timings instead of using XMP.

Your case could have different causes, but... you still have to run the torture tests to see if the PC is stable.

i7 8700K
MSI Z370 Gaming Plus
ADATA XPG Dazzle 16GB DDR4 3000MHz CL16
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING 8G
Fujitsu Siemens Amilo LSL3230T 1080p
Windows 10 x64 Professional SCU

Posted 04/18/2018 04:14 PM   
Thank you for helping me. No I'm not using XMP. I checked BIOS and it shows XPM is disable.
Thank you for helping me.
No I'm not using XMP. I checked BIOS and it shows XPM is disable.

Posted 04/18/2018 04:40 PM   
. [color="orange"]Make and model of the Power Supply? [/color]Hint 450wwatt is not Make and model. If this is a Corsair VS series, Replace it now. ============= Download [url=https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard]SPECCY[/url]. [.]Download[/.] [.]Install[/.] [.]REBOOT <----IMPORTANT[/.] [.]Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.[/.] [center]DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT[/center] ============= Don't laugh, but I have seen people put to many STANDOFFS in the motherboard Mounting plate inside the CASE or put a random one in a wrong hole. Did you verify STANDOFFS were only in the same places as the motherboard securing holes? A random or misplaced one can SHORT out on the back side of the motherboard. .

Make and model of the Power Supply? Hint 450wwatt is not Make and model.

If this is a Corsair VS series, Replace it now.

=============

Download SPECCY.
  • Download
  • Install
  • REBOOT <----IMPORTANT
  • Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.

• DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT

=============

Don't laugh, but I have seen people put to many STANDOFFS in the motherboard Mounting plate inside the CASE or put a random one in a wrong hole.

Did you verify STANDOFFS were only in the same places as the motherboard securing holes? A random or misplaced one can SHORT out on the back side of the motherboard.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
    Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 04/19/2018 12:44 PM   
    [quote="Greybear"] . [color="orange"]Make and model of the Power Supply? [/color]Hint 450wwatt is not Make and model. If this is a Corsair VS series, Replace it now. ============= Download [url=https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard]SPECCY[/url]. [.]Download[/.] [.]Install[/.] [.]REBOOT <----IMPORTANT[/.] [.]Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.[/.] [center]DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT[/center] ============= Don't laugh, but I have seen people put to many STANDOFFS in the motherboard Mounting plate inside the CASE or put a random one in a wrong hole. Did you verify STANDOFFS were only in the same places as the motherboard securing holes? A random or misplaced one can SHORT out on the back side of the motherboard. .[/quote] I have cooler master MWE 450 - 450W PSU
    Greybear said:

Make and model of the Power Supply? Hint 450wwatt is not Make and model.

If this is a Corsair VS series, Replace it now.

=============

Download SPECCY.
  • Download
  • Install
  • REBOOT <----IMPORTANT
  • Run Speccy, Top left corner FILE > PUBLISH SNAPSHOT ... PM me the link please.

• DO NOT USE SAVED SNAPSHOT as that has private information that is removed in PUBLISHED SNAPSHOT

=============

Don't laugh, but I have seen people put to many STANDOFFS in the motherboard Mounting plate inside the CASE or put a random one in a wrong hole.

Did you verify STANDOFFS were only in the same places as the motherboard securing holes? A random or misplaced one can SHORT out on the back side of the motherboard.

I have cooler master MWE 450 - 450W PSU

Posted 04/19/2018 02:18 PM   
    Check your Windows Update install history. If there is an update that failed more than one you will need to download and run the Windows Media Creation Tool. You may need to reinstall any Anti-Virus and you will want to reinstall your graphics drivers. If there are no failed install attempts try the following: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system Outside of that, I myself and my friend (I have a 1060 and he a 1050 TI) are having problems with the latest drivers from the end of March, though mine appear to be related to the Spring Creator's Update (Lets get ready for this s*it again). Note - If you uses with Windows Media Creation Tool, make sure you're treating it as "upgrading" to windows 10 and keep make sure to keep and files and apps when promoted/asked. (This will fix any missing entries in the Windows 10 database which there always are since it is garbage). It will also replace any missing files. For more on bad files, check that Microsoft link I gave you. Edit - You can skip the DISM stuff if you plan to only do the sfc scannow
    Check your Windows Update install history. If there is an update that failed more than one you will need to download and run the Windows Media Creation Tool. You may need to reinstall any Anti-Virus and you will want to reinstall your graphics drivers.

If there are no failed install attempts try the following: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Outside of that, I myself and my friend (I have a 1060 and he a 1050 TI) are having problems with the latest drivers from the end of March, though mine appear to be related to the Spring Creator's Update (Lets get ready for this s*it again).

Note - If you uses with Windows Media Creation Tool, make sure you're treating it as "upgrading" to windows 10 and keep make sure to keep and files and apps when promoted/asked. (This will fix any missing entries in the Windows 10 database which there always are since it is garbage). It will also replace any missing files.

For more on bad files, check that Microsoft link I gave you.

Edit - You can skip the DISM stuff if you plan to only do the sfc scannow

Posted 04/19/2018 10:45 PM   
    Scroll To Top