Not working as expected
I tried to open Batman Arkham Knight (which I own) and it looked like it opened a remote session with a desktop asking me to sign into steam. I signed in using multi-factor authentication and saw that I had access to all of my games but none of them were downloaded. I wanted to test the download speed first, so I downloaded Saints Row 3 (which I also own) from my library. After finishing downloading, I launched Saints Row 3 and it worked perfectly and even used my Steam cloud saves. I wanted to test if it would remember my download so I closed my game and logged out of steam, closed the session and logged out of the geforce now app. When I relaunched, it opened another remote session but this time had steam login window open and someone elses username, no password entered. I deleted their username and filled out my information and logged in, unfortunately Saints Row 3 was no longer installed. Is there an issue where it isn't saving your installs? I don't want to take the time downloading my steam games if I have to do it every single time I log in.
I tried to open Batman Arkham Knight (which I own) and it looked like it opened a remote session with a desktop asking me to sign into steam.

I signed in using multi-factor authentication and saw that I had access to all of my games but none of them were downloaded.

I wanted to test the download speed first, so I downloaded Saints Row 3 (which I also own) from my library.
After finishing downloading, I launched Saints Row 3 and it worked perfectly and even used my Steam cloud saves.

I wanted to test if it would remember my download so I closed my game and logged out of steam, closed the session and logged out of the geforce now app.

When I relaunched, it opened another remote session but this time had steam login window open and someone elses username, no password entered. I deleted their username and filled out my information and logged in, unfortunately Saints Row 3 was no longer installed.

Is there an issue where it isn't saving your installs? I don't want to take the time downloading my steam games if I have to do it every single time I log in.

Posted 04/16/2018 01:46 PM   
This is normal. Only officially supported games retain their download status and save games. Although some unofficially supported games that use Steam Cloud for saves work, though you have to download them each time.
This is normal. Only officially supported games retain their download status and save games.

Although some unofficially supported games that use Steam Cloud for saves work, though you have to download them each time.

Posted 04/16/2018 09:12 PM   
Scroll To Top