What do I need to buy? Confused
I have an Acer Predator Monitor GN276HLbid which has NVIDIA 3D LIGHTBOOST technology and NVIDIA 3D VISION 2 kit. So do I just need to buy the Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses or do I need the Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses Kit? I was assuming it had some tech inside so I just need the glasses? I dont want to buy them and find out I needed the full kit after. Any help and tips on how I would set it up would be helpful. Hope you understand why I am asking if it seems like a basic question I should already know...
I have an Acer Predator Monitor GN276HLbid which has NVIDIA 3D LIGHTBOOST technology and NVIDIA 3D VISION 2 kit.

So do I just need to buy the Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses or do I need the Nvidia 3D Vision 2 Wireless Glasses Kit?

I was assuming it had some tech inside so I just need the glasses? I dont want to buy them and find out I needed the full kit after.

Any help and tips on how I would set it up would be helpful. Hope you understand why I am asking if it seems like a basic question I should already know...

Posted 04/16/2018 09:38 AM   
what do u mean by "and NVIDIA 3D VISION 2 kit" ? NVIDIA 3D VISION 2 kit must include wireless glasses + emitter. This model does not have emitter built in, so anyway u need a kit (NVIDIA 3D VISION 2 kit)
what do u mean by "and NVIDIA 3D VISION 2 kit" ? NVIDIA 3D VISION 2 kit must include wireless glasses + emitter. This model does not have emitter built in, so anyway u need a kit (NVIDIA 3D VISION 2 kit)

Posted 04/16/2018 09:44 AM   
As mistersvin21 said, you'll need to buy an external Nvidia emitter and glasses. Retail you'll need to buy the kit, the emitter is not sold separately. Help and tips can be found in the following thread, the OP has the same display. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1009127/ Edit: also "do not" use the drivers on the disc that comes with the kit, those drivers are updated and included in the newer all in one driver packages.
As mistersvin21 said, you'll need to buy an external Nvidia emitter and glasses. Retail you'll need to buy the kit, the emitter is not sold separately.

Help and tips can be found in the following thread, the OP has the same display.
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1009127/

Edit: also "do not" use the drivers on the disc that comes with the kit, those drivers are updated and included in the newer all in one driver packages.

Posted 04/16/2018 09:55 AM   
I must point out that you probably need both the kit and another pair of glasses. If you don't have two glasses you can't share the experience with anyone. When I started with 3D Vision I bought the monitor then the kit and a few weeks later a second pair of glasses. I got 3D Vision 2 glasses with my built in emitter ASUS monitor which brought me up to 3 glasses where I stayed for a while until I recently picked up a second pair of 3D Vision 2 glasses on ebay. My gen 1 glasses are almost retired as I rarely use more than two. So far I'm happy and I do prefer the gen 2 glasses.
I must point out that you probably need both the kit and another pair of glasses.

If you don't have two glasses you can't share the experience with anyone.

When I started with 3D Vision I bought the monitor then the kit and a few weeks later a second pair of glasses.

I got 3D Vision 2 glasses with my built in emitter ASUS monitor which brought me up to 3 glasses where I stayed for a while until I recently picked up a second pair of 3D Vision 2 glasses on ebay. My gen 1 glasses are almost retired as I rarely use more than two. So far I'm happy and I do prefer the gen 2 glasses.

Core i7 4790K, Corsair H80, MSI GTX 980 4GB, 250GB SSD
3TB internal HD, 5+3TB external HD, 32 GB DDR3. Blu-ray player.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit, PowerDVD 17.

Posted 04/16/2018 10:14 AM   
I should add, the there's no real difference in the emitter. You can use V1 or V2 glasses with it. In case you decide to grab one from e-bsy. V2 glasses have larger lenses and a battery that is rated to last longer between charges. 40 vs 60Hrs, if I remember correctly
I should add, the there's no real difference in the emitter. You can use V1 or V2 glasses with it. In case you decide to grab one from e-bsy.

V2 glasses have larger lenses and a battery that is rated to last longer between charges. 40 vs 60Hrs, if I remember correctly

Posted 04/16/2018 11:24 PM   
Scroll To Top