Mavic Air Footage 4K problem on PLEX
Hi, I got a problem with my DJI Mavic Air footage (mp4, uhd, no sound channel) which wont play on the PLEX player. I found out that if I remux it with a sound channel, it will play up until where the sound channel ends. The same file without sound channel does playe on PLEX on my Samsung TV (KS9000). Any ideas? Is this due to hardware limitation (I agree a settop box media player is for movies), still given the firepower of Nvidia Shield, I would prefer to play the files on the Shield TV without having the need to remux them. Any feedback is apreciated! Thank You
Hi,
I got a problem with my DJI Mavic Air footage (mp4, uhd, no sound channel) which wont play
on the PLEX player. I found out that if I remux it with a sound channel, it will play up until where the sound channel ends.
The same file without sound channel does playe on PLEX on my Samsung TV (KS9000).
Any ideas? Is this due to hardware limitation (I agree a settop box media player is for movies), still given the
firepower of Nvidia Shield, I would prefer to play the files on the Shield TV without having the need to remux them. Any feedback is apreciated! Thank You

Posted 04/16/2018 09:26 AM   
Help yourself and upload a sample file. Not much can be done without.
Help yourself and upload a sample file.

Not much can be done without.

Posted 04/16/2018 11:59 AM   
Will the file play in VLC, MX Player, Kodi? If one or more of those work, it points to issues with Plex. Beyond that, yeah, we'd need to start by getting a problematic file to test further.
Will the file play in VLC, MX Player, Kodi? If one or more of those work, it points to issues with Plex.

Beyond that, yeah, we'd need to start by getting a problematic file to test further.

Posted 04/19/2018 11:21 PM   
Sorry for late reply. Unfortunately are the files rather huge and need to find a program to chop a smaller part off, without re-encoding. However I tried also third party mp4 files without a sound track and the same problem exit. So it must be Plex Shield TV edition with the problem. Thanks again. PS. and drone is in repair, otherwise could do a smaller video...
Sorry for late reply.
Unfortunately are the files rather huge and need to find a program to chop a smaller part off, without re-encoding.
However I tried also third party mp4 files without a sound track and the same problem exit.
So it must be Plex Shield TV edition with the problem.

Thanks again.

PS. and drone is in repair, otherwise could do a smaller video...

Posted 17 hours ago   
Today I saw an update on my plex on the Shield TV and voila, video plays even without sound channel. Problem solved I suppose. Thank You
Today I saw an update on my plex on the Shield TV and voila, video plays even without sound channel.
Problem solved I suppose.

Thank You

Posted 12 hours ago   
Scroll To Top