Fortnite Nvidia Shield TV
  1 / 2    
So is anyone else excited by the possibility to play this on the shield tv? They confirmed controller support will be coming in the future so I'm hoping this is supported on android TV too. I will sideloaded and hope for the best otherwise like everyone else but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I think playing this game on the shield TV with cross platform enabled is really gonna bridge the gap between console and mobile gaming - this could really work very well if this gets the love it deserves. What do you guys think?
So is anyone else excited by the possibility to play this on the shield tv? They confirmed controller support will be coming in the future so I'm hoping this is supported on android TV too. I will sideloaded and hope for the best otherwise like everyone else but I don't see why it wouldn't work. I think playing this game on the shield TV with cross platform enabled is really gonna bridge the gap between console and mobile gaming - this could really work very well if this gets the love it deserves. What do you guys think?

Posted 04/04/2018 08:42 AM   
I agree ;) It will be great to have it on shield TV :)
I agree ;)
It will be great to have it on shield TV :)

Posted 04/04/2018 09:14 AM   
will depends on epic games, if they decide to make it native on the android tv, so you don't have to sideload the mobile android version.
will depends on epic games, if they decide to make it native on the android tv, so you don't have to sideload the mobile android version.

Posted 04/04/2018 01:20 PM   
"They confirmed controller support will be coming in the future" In the future. How hard can it be for a experienced developer like Epic to do this? Should take only a few hours including tweaking. Since they want Fortnite everywhere, i guess there will be a Shield TV version too.
"They confirmed controller support will be coming in the future"

In the future. How hard can it be for a experienced developer like Epic to do this?
Should take only a few hours including tweaking.

Since they want Fortnite everywhere, i guess there will be a Shield TV version too.
Posted 04/04/2018 03:04 PM   
There won't be an Android TV version... Let's be realistic here. Android TV has 0 love. Anyhow, there will be an Android version (eventually) with (hopefully) decent controller support, it wouldn't be too much work adding the TV banner (using app repo apk) but by then, we will (hopefully) be on Oreo... So the adding banner thing would be mute. So many brackets lol Anyhow yes, I'd settle for a fairly optimised Android version that doesn't lag and stutter... With decent controller support included... Sure would.
There won't be an Android TV version... Let's be realistic here.
Android TV has 0 love.
Anyhow, there will be an Android version (eventually) with (hopefully) decent controller support, it wouldn't be too much work adding the TV banner (using app repo apk) but by then, we will (hopefully) be on Oreo... So the adding banner thing would be mute. So many brackets lol
Anyhow yes, I'd settle for a fairly optimised Android version that doesn't lag and stutter... With decent controller support included... Sure would.

Posted 04/04/2018 08:26 PM   
You can gamestream fortnite from your PC to Shield TV (if you have this game on PC). I have played it a few times in PVE mode (because I stink at FPS with controllers), but it works well.
You can gamestream fortnite from your PC to Shield TV (if you have this game on PC). I have played it a few times in PVE mode (because I stink at FPS with controllers), but it works well.

Posted 04/05/2018 01:44 AM   
Yeah we realise you can play on PC but I meant so us guys with no console and no gaming pc can play nativley.
Yeah we realise you can play on PC but I meant so us guys with no console and no gaming pc can play nativley.

Posted 04/05/2018 11:47 PM   
We need a good solid "non android" multiplayer online shooter for the ge force service. This one could be ideal! Team fortress 2 would be a good time as well :) I am bummed that there is no critical ops for the shield, that would have been a perfect shooter for it. It's just Modern Combat 5, and Shadowgun for now I guess. But I would sure love a true cross platform game set up for the shield tv. Android games have there obvious characteristics...
We need a good solid "non android" multiplayer online shooter for the ge force service. This one could be ideal!
Team fortress 2 would be a good time as well :)

I am bummed that there is no critical ops for the shield, that would have been a perfect shooter for it.

It's just Modern Combat 5, and Shadowgun for now I guess. But I would sure love a true cross platform game set up for the shield tv. Android games have there obvious characteristics...

Posted 04/06/2018 12:22 AM   
[quote="LiamAtkins90"]There won't be an Android TV version... Let's be realistic here. Android TV has 0 love. Anyhow, there will be an Android version (eventually) with (hopefully) decent controller support, it wouldn't be too much work adding the TV banner (using app repo apk) but by then, we will (hopefully) be on Oreo... So the adding banner thing would be mute. So many brackets lol Anyhow yes, I'd settle for a fairly optimised Android version that doesn't lag and stutter... With decent controller support included... Sure would. [/quote] With the game developer being bought by tencent and seeing how nintendo released some games for china version of nvidia shield. You should not write it off that easily though it could be china exclusive.
LiamAtkins90 said:There won't be an Android TV version... Let's be realistic here.
Android TV has 0 love.
Anyhow, there will be an Android version (eventually) with (hopefully) decent controller support, it wouldn't be too much work adding the TV banner (using app repo apk) but by then, we will (hopefully) be on Oreo... So the adding banner thing would be mute. So many brackets lol
Anyhow yes, I'd settle for a fairly optimised Android version that doesn't lag and stutter... With decent controller support included... Sure would.

With the game developer being bought by tencent and seeing how nintendo released some games for china version of nvidia shield. You should not write it off that easily though it could be china exclusive.

Posted 04/06/2018 04:20 AM   
I hope it is released officially for shield as that would be amazing, I don't want to have to pay geoforce streaming for a game that is free on every platform
I hope it is released officially for shield as that would be amazing, I don't want to have to pay geoforce streaming for a game that is free on every platform

Posted 04/06/2018 07:04 PM   
There is no love for Android tv. Nvidia seems to have given up on it but if they would allow controller mapping along with games that Everyone is into, like fortcraft, pubg, fortnite mobile, rules of survival, basicly if they added support for any one of these games I believe it would have the masses taking a second look at Android tv... Especially nvidia shield.
There is no love for Android tv. Nvidia seems to have given up on it but if they would allow controller mapping along with games that Everyone is into, like fortcraft, pubg, fortnite mobile, rules of survival, basicly if they added support for any one of these games I believe it would have the masses taking a second look at Android tv... Especially nvidia shield.

Posted 04/07/2018 08:00 PM   
Agreed. Ros does mostly have controller support by the way. But yeah I agree they need to show android TV games more love - this is such a capable machine. I also agree with controller mapping, but I think having fortnite officially supported would be a good start. How do we make enough noise to get this started??!?!
Agreed. Ros does mostly have controller support by the way. But yeah I agree they need to show android TV games more love - this is such a capable machine. I also agree with controller mapping, but I think having fortnite officially supported would be a good start. How do we make enough noise to get this started??!?!

Posted 04/10/2018 09:37 PM   
I'm ready right now.. shoot I would pre-order right now!
I'm ready right now.. shoot I would pre-order right now!

Posted 04/10/2018 10:14 PM   
Maybe if you guys can post how much you want it here https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/suggestions-advice/252978-please-add-android-tv-support we can get it on epics radar so they don't leave us out
Maybe if you guys can post how much you want it here https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/forums/suggestions-advice/252978-please-add-android-tv-support we can get it on epics radar so they don't leave us out

Posted 04/10/2018 10:39 PM   
Why are SATV users so slow at catching on to the wonders of available tech like vGPUs being used to run virtual windows desktop and virtual apps in the cloud? Parsec, Shadow, Liquidsky are all non GFN cloud gaming services which like GFN use GRID tech. Seeing Nvidia give GFN for SHIELD some love and upgrade and update to same infrastructure hardware and capabilities of GFN for mac-pc would actually demonstrate how easily managed GRID powered services can be handled. GFN for SHIELD badly needs updated and upgraded. GFN with access to full windows desktop, steam with any steam account and access to any PC game or PC app, all delivered from the cloud is what SATV needs. Amazingly, Nvidia are letting third parties demonstrate exactly how out dated GFN for SHIELD has become . This should NOT be the case with SATV as Nvidias flagship android gaming device. One thing for sure is, nobody needs to own a gaming spec PC in 2018 to play pc games and this is all thanks to to Nvidia providing GRID, vGPUs and SATV. I have absolutely no doubts that something HUMUNGOUS is incoming from Nvidia regarding all this soon. EDIT: Please be aware that Epic servers are down just now. https://status.epicgames.com Here is some encouragement and evidence Fortnite works just fine from the cloud using vGPUs https://blog.liquidsky.tv/2018/03/26/game-optimization-fortnite-liquidsky/ ______ Additionally it must be said Liquidsky "community" are sharing very bad information regarding their own service gaming and SHIELD devices. For example https://community.liquidsky.tv/t/cant-start-sky-desktop-computer-on-shield-tv/352519 There are posts by a user called virtualcrazeecatman who highlights ànd shares all the workarounds for most of the mouse related issues when using Liquidsky with SHIELD devices. Also LS dev blog updates show android support is very much high on LS dev priority list, which is in complete contrast to what is being shared by certain individuals who represent LS in LS Community. I think Nvidia need to do something about service providers using GRID tech and set a more fixed cloud gaming specific set of criteria to be met. Seeing how wrong LS Community is has me very concerned that the reputation of GRID services and cloud gaming on SHIELD is being bashed and abused by toxic and inaccurate information being shared by people who know better but choose to continue to refuse to acknowledge bugs in skycomputer are bugs in LS android client. I can see how LS works fine after applying workarounds for all the mouse related issues in LS android client and can confirm and recommend LS too SATV users for accessing windows desktop and all their favourite PC games from the cloud. This recommendation comes with a warning and heads up about the state of LS Community though.
Why are SATV users so slow at catching on to the wonders of available tech like vGPUs being used to run virtual windows desktop and virtual apps in the cloud?

Parsec, Shadow, Liquidsky are all non GFN cloud gaming services which like GFN use GRID tech.

Seeing Nvidia give GFN for SHIELD some love and upgrade and update to same infrastructure hardware and capabilities of GFN for mac-pc would actually demonstrate how easily managed GRID powered services can be handled.

GFN for SHIELD badly needs updated and upgraded. GFN with access to full windows desktop, steam with any steam account and access to any PC game or PC app, all delivered from the cloud is what SATV needs.

Amazingly, Nvidia are letting third parties demonstrate exactly how out dated GFN for SHIELD has become .

This should NOT be the case with SATV as Nvidias flagship android gaming device.

One thing for sure is, nobody needs to own a gaming spec PC in 2018 to play pc games and this is all thanks to to Nvidia providing GRID, vGPUs and SATV.

I have absolutely no doubts that something HUMUNGOUS is incoming from Nvidia regarding all this soon.

EDIT: Please be aware that Epic servers are down just now. https://status.epicgames.com

Here is some encouragement and evidence Fortnite works just fine from the cloud using vGPUs

https://blog.liquidsky.tv/2018/03/26/game-optimization-fortnite-liquidsky/

______

Additionally it must be said Liquidsky "community" are sharing very bad information regarding their own service gaming and SHIELD devices. For example https://community.liquidsky.tv/t/cant-start-sky-desktop-computer-on-shield-tv/352519

There are posts by a user called virtualcrazeecatman who highlights ànd shares all the workarounds for most of the mouse related issues when using Liquidsky with SHIELD devices.

Also LS dev blog updates show android support is very much high on LS dev priority list, which is in complete contrast to what is being shared by certain individuals who represent LS in LS Community.

I think Nvidia need to do something about service providers using GRID tech and set a more fixed cloud gaming specific set of criteria to be met.

Seeing how wrong LS Community is has me very concerned that the reputation of GRID services and cloud gaming on SHIELD is being bashed and abused by toxic and inaccurate information being shared by people who know better but choose to continue to refuse to acknowledge bugs in skycomputer are bugs in LS android client.

I can see how LS works fine after applying workarounds for all the mouse related issues in LS android client and can confirm and recommend LS too SATV users for accessing windows desktop and all their favourite PC games from the cloud.

This recommendation comes with a warning and heads up about the state of LS Community though.

Posted 04/12/2018 12:19 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top