Official 391.35 Game Ready WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 3/27/18)
  2 / 31    
I upgraded from 391.24 to the 391.35 driver this morning and now far cry 5 hangs and crashes after 2-3 minutes. I tried 3 times and it crashes each time. Going to try rolling back to 391.24. I was able to play far cry 5 for 2 hours last night on the previous driver with no crash. I have a gtx 1060.
I upgraded from 391.24 to the 391.35 driver this morning and now far cry 5 hangs and crashes after 2-3 minutes. I tried 3 times and it crashes each time. Going to try rolling back to 391.24. I was able to play far cry 5 for 2 hours last night on the previous driver with no crash. I have a gtx 1060.

Posted 03/27/2018 02:36 PM   
[quote="Cougar82#2009"]Are these drivers going to be on the uk downloads soon? Still seeing 391.24 as the latest, or does it matter can I just install the us ones? [/quote] You can install the US ones. They are all the same package
Cougar82#2009 said:Are these drivers going to be on the uk downloads soon? Still seeing 391.24 as the latest, or does it matter can I just install the us ones?

You can install the US ones. They are all the same package

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 03/27/2018 02:45 PM   
[quote="scarumanga"]I upgraded from 391.24 to the 391.35 driver this morning and now far cry 5 hangs and crashes after 2-3 minutes. I tried 3 times and it crashes each time. Currently rolling back to 391.24. I was able to play far cry 5 for 2 hours last night on the previous driver with no crash. I have a gtx 1060.[/quote] Can you share more details? OS? Graphics setting used in game? Are you running any other program in the background? System specs?
scarumanga said:I upgraded from 391.24 to the 391.35 driver this morning and now far cry 5 hangs and crashes after 2-3 minutes. I tried 3 times and it crashes each time. Currently rolling back to 391.24. I was able to play far cry 5 for 2 hours last night on the previous driver with no crash. I have a gtx 1060.

Can you share more details? OS? Graphics setting used in game? Are you running any other program in the background? System specs?

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

Posted 03/27/2018 02:46 PM   
[quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"][quote="scarumanga"]I upgraded from 391.24 to the 391.35 driver this morning and now far cry 5 hangs and crashes after 2-3 minutes. I tried 3 times and it crashes each time. Currently rolling back to 391.24. I was able to play far cry 5 for 2 hours last night on the previous driver with no crash. I have a gtx 1060.[/quote] Can you share more details? OS? Graphics setting used in game? Are you running any other program in the background? System specs?[/quote] Sure. My graphics settings are set to High with Ultra texture filtering and TAA, 3840x2160 display resolution, 0.7 resolution scale, V-sync on. system specs: Windows 10, evga gtx 1060 3gb SC, ryzen 1700x, 16gb g-skill pc3200, msi x370 gaming pro carbon, game is installed on a samsung 850 ssd. Performance is 40-55fps and runs fine on the 391.24 driver with no crashes now. The only open programs are razor synapse, steam and uplay.
ManuelGuzmanNV said:
scarumanga said:I upgraded from 391.24 to the 391.35 driver this morning and now far cry 5 hangs and crashes after 2-3 minutes. I tried 3 times and it crashes each time. Currently rolling back to 391.24. I was able to play far cry 5 for 2 hours last night on the previous driver with no crash. I have a gtx 1060.

Can you share more details? OS? Graphics setting used in game? Are you running any other program in the background? System specs?

Sure.
My graphics settings are set to High with Ultra texture filtering and TAA, 3840x2160 display resolution, 0.7 resolution scale, V-sync on.
system specs: Windows 10, evga gtx 1060 3gb SC, ryzen 1700x, 16gb g-skill pc3200, msi x370 gaming pro carbon, game is installed on a samsung 850 ssd.
Performance is 40-55fps and runs fine on the 391.24 driver with no crashes now. The only open programs are razor synapse, steam and uplay.

Posted 03/27/2018 02:58 PM   
Still on driver 387.92 over here and just like Wolfenstein II, Far Cry 5 runs without issue for me with this driver. Not sure why everyone feels the need to keep up with drivers when “old” drivers work just fine in new titles. Played several hours of Far Cry last night, finished Wolfenstein months ago, been playing Vermintide 2, Fortnight and a crap ton of Subnautica in VR all without issue. More people should adopt the motto “if it ain’t broke, don’t f**kin touch it”. If it is broke, well, time to start looking at your pc hardware and/or consider a clean install.
Still on driver 387.92 over here and just like Wolfenstein II, Far Cry 5 runs without issue for me with this driver. Not sure why everyone feels the need to keep up with drivers when “old” drivers work just fine in new titles. Played several hours of Far Cry last night, finished Wolfenstein months ago, been playing Vermintide 2, Fortnight and a crap ton of Subnautica in VR all without issue. More people should adopt the motto “if it ain’t broke, don’t f**kin touch it”. If it is broke, well, time to start looking at your pc hardware and/or consider a clean install.

Posted 03/27/2018 03:10 PM   
I'm getting an error installing this driver where Windows 10 claims it is unsigned. Initially I tried to install using Geforce Experience. Cancelling the installation of the update actually led Windows to disable the old driver as well, and the autodetection used to get access to the direct download doesn't work anymore now that browsers no longer support java plugins. Since Windows destroys access to the control panel and the device manager won't say, I had to look up what card I had again manually to make sure I got the right driver. Directly downloading this driver from the site, I tried to install using the downloaded file and it worked. But I am still wondering why the Geforce Experience download of this same driver resulted in signing errors - what's going on there? *EDIT* looks like the direct download gave me the international driver, FWIW ... I didn't see a way to get any other - your discussion above suggests there is a separate version for US?
I'm getting an error installing this driver where Windows 10 claims it is unsigned. Initially I tried to install using Geforce Experience. Cancelling the installation of the update actually led Windows to disable the old driver as well, and the autodetection used to get access to the direct download doesn't work anymore now that browsers no longer support java plugins. Since Windows destroys access to the control panel and the device manager won't say, I had to look up what card I had again manually to make sure I got the right driver.

Directly downloading this driver from the site, I tried to install using the downloaded file and it worked. But I am still wondering why the Geforce Experience download of this same driver resulted in signing errors - what's going on there?

*EDIT* looks like the direct download gave me the international driver, FWIW ... I didn't see a way to get any other - your discussion above suggests there is a separate version for US?

Posted 03/27/2018 03:13 PM   
There is no english only driver any more. check your system data/time.
There is no english only driver any more.

check your system data/time.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

CPU:Intel Xeon x5670 @ 3.8Gz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:24GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB
Monitor:55" Thorn TV, Sound:Sony Muteki 7.1
SDD:Crucial MX200 250, HDD: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
Case:NZXT Phantom 410, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 10
Cooler: ThermalRight TRUE Spirit 120M BW Rev.A

Posted 03/27/2018 03:17 PM   
[quote="Anachronda"]I'm getting an error installing this driver where Windows 10 claims it is unsigned. Initially I tried to install using Geforce Experience. Cancelling the installation of the update actually led Windows to disable the old driver as well, and the autodetection used to get access to the direct download doesn't work anymore now that browsers no longer support java plugins. Since Windows destroys access to the control panel and the device manager won't say, I had to look up what card I had again manually to make sure I got the right driver. Directly downloading this driver from the site, I tried to install using the downloaded file and it worked. But I am still wondering why the Geforce Experience download of this same driver resulted in signing errors - what's going on there? *EDIT* looks like the direct download gave me the international driver, FWIW ... I didn't see a way to get any other - your discussion above suggests there is a separate version for US? [/quote] All of the drivers are the same whether they are international, desktop, notebook, etc.. They only differ in the operating system that the driver supports.
Anachronda said:I'm getting an error installing this driver where Windows 10 claims it is unsigned. Initially I tried to install using Geforce Experience. Cancelling the installation of the update actually led Windows to disable the old driver as well, and the autodetection used to get access to the direct download doesn't work anymore now that browsers no longer support java plugins. Since Windows destroys access to the control panel and the device manager won't say, I had to look up what card I had again manually to make sure I got the right driver.

Directly downloading this driver from the site, I tried to install using the downloaded file and it worked. But I am still wondering why the Geforce Experience download of this same driver resulted in signing errors - what's going on there?

*EDIT* looks like the direct download gave me the international driver, FWIW ... I didn't see a way to get any other - your discussion above suggests there is a separate version for US?

All of the drivers are the same whether they are international, desktop, notebook, etc.. They only differ in the operating system that the driver supports.

Posted 03/27/2018 03:52 PM   
The new update makes my device fail to play even Forza 6 Apex properly. Prior to this update, it ran 60 fps with no problem at all. Now, it stutters and flickers. Even it fails to keep the framerate constant. Please fix this immediately. Dell 7567 i7-7700HQ GTX 1050TI
The new update makes my device fail to play even Forza 6 Apex properly.
Prior to this update, it ran 60 fps with no problem at all.
Now, it stutters and flickers. Even it fails to keep the framerate constant.
Please fix this immediately.

Dell 7567 i7-7700HQ
GTX 1050TI

Posted 03/27/2018 04:08 PM   
[quote]-Starcraft 2 shows black screen on exit on Kepler GPUs[/quote] I've never experienced this on my Geforce 760 which I've owned for several months now.
-Starcraft 2 shows black screen on exit on Kepler GPUs

I've never experienced this on my Geforce 760 which I've owned for several months now.

Custom built PC | Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.60GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard (1408 BIOS) | 24GB DDR3 1066MHZ RAM | Gigabyte 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 | Corsair 760AX Platinum PSU | Fractal Design Define R5 computer case | Samsung P2350

Posted 03/27/2018 04:17 PM   
[quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"][u][b]Issues and updates: [/b][/u] -Gears of War 4 may randomly crash -Doom (OpenGL) may crash on launch if HDR is enabled in Windows -Custom color settings reset on reboot in Windows 10 FCU -> Working with Microsoft on issue -Starcraft 2 shows black screen on exit on Kepler GPUs -Dragging some apps from monitor 1 connected to GPU to monitor 2 connected to different GPU may cause driver to crash [i]Please Note:[/i] If you are still experiencing problems using NVIDIA Freestyle with supported game, please try the following: 1) Download the latest driver directly from our website: Windows 10 x64: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/131974/en-us 2) Uninstall GeForce Experience 3) Right-click over the 391.24 driver installation file. When the context menu appears, select Run as administrator 4) During the installation process, select custom install -> perform clean installation 5) Reboot after driver installation has completed 6) Once you are back in Windows, launch GeForce Experience and then re-enable experimental features. Quit Geforce Experience and wait 30 seconds. Then launch GeForce Experience again to make sure experimental features takes effect. 7) If after you launch a game, Freestyle filters doesn't recognize the game, give it 30 seconds and then try again [u][b]Release Notes:[/b][/u] [url]https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.35/391.35-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf[/url][/quote] Freestyle still not working on supported games
ManuelGuzmanNV said:Issues and updates:

-Gears of War 4 may randomly crash
-Doom (OpenGL) may crash on launch if HDR is enabled in Windows
-Custom color settings reset on reboot in Windows 10 FCU -> Working with Microsoft on issue
-Starcraft 2 shows black screen on exit on Kepler GPUs
-Dragging some apps from monitor 1 connected to GPU to monitor 2 connected to different GPU may cause driver to crash

Please Note:
If you are still experiencing problems using NVIDIA Freestyle with supported game, please try the following:
1) Download the latest driver directly from our website:
Windows 10 x64:
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/131974/en-us
2) Uninstall GeForce Experience
3) Right-click over the 391.24 driver installation file. When the context menu appears, select Run as administrator
4) During the installation process, select custom install -> perform clean installation
5) Reboot after driver installation has completed
6) Once you are back in Windows, launch GeForce Experience and then re-enable experimental features. Quit Geforce Experience and wait 30 seconds. Then launch GeForce Experience again to make sure experimental features takes effect.
7) If after you launch a game, Freestyle filters doesn't recognize the game, give it 30 seconds and then try again

Release Notes:
https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.35/391.35-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Freestyle still not working on supported games

Posted 03/27/2018 04:34 PM   
Yeah still g-sync backlight flickering.. Comeon Nvidia!! https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1041229/geforce-drivers/g-sync-flickering-issue-on-34-35-quot-displays-why-has-nvidia-not-addressed-this-/ https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1039839/geforce-drivers/g-sync-brightness-flickering-any-fix-yet-/
The security updates were just added with this release or present in the previous driver as well? Ty, -JM
The security updates were just added with this release or present in the previous driver as well?

Ty,
-JM

http://i.imgur.com/WrI28PX.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------
Windows 7 / 10 Pro x64
^ Acer XB270HU (G-Sync)
^ MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X
^ SB X AE-5

Posted 03/27/2018 04:55 PM   
[quote="Sora"]I'm guessing the new TDR bug they found will be fixed in the next branch?[/quote] Hello again. I wonder if it may fix my concerns as well. I read those additional notes about the security updates. I noticed the repeated mention of "nvlddmkm.sys" which I think was what keeps stopping and recovering. It may be a coincidence, I know the driver stopping and recovering is such a broad, vague, common problem. I'm just curious if I should try this version or try to remember Grey Bear's signature. I've also been waiting on Manuel to follow up with me but he hasn't yet. It's a miracle... it only took almost a week but there's my avatar showing up for me!
Sora said:I'm guessing the new TDR bug they found will be fixed in the next branch?

Hello again.
I wonder if it may fix my concerns as well.
I read those additional notes about the security updates.
I noticed the repeated mention of "nvlddmkm.sys" which I think was what keeps stopping and recovering.
It may be a coincidence, I know the driver stopping and recovering is such a broad, vague, common problem.
I'm just curious if I should try this version or try to remember Grey Bear's signature.
I've also been waiting on Manuel to follow up with me but he hasn't yet.
It's a miracle... it only took almost a week but there's my avatar showing up for me!

4.2 GHz Intel Core i5 7600K LGA 1151
4GB EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SSC GAMING ACX 2.0+
32 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 DIMM Unbuffered

Posted 03/27/2018 05:08 PM   
[quote="68Reactor"]In my opinion get rid of the crap called Win10 go back to a solid non invasive, non spying operating system that always works with every nVidia driver (It's called Win7.) Good Luck too all running the worst Windows ever (10). With no matter what version creator or not Microsoft still cant get it right, two plus years out and they still say each month "this is what is fixed and this is what is still broken" REALLY.... And with their constant forced updates which again breaks everything, so don't blame the guy's at nVidia they are doing their best to help you guy's out battling with a unstable crappy operating system. Win10 does my head in, that's why I stay away from it....as long as I can.... Please Don't take offense it's just my opinion.[/quote] A+ on that. I downgraded from win10 long ago.... and will never use again. can someone confirm if firefox TDRs bug resolved in this release???
68Reactor said:In my opinion get rid of the crap called Win10 go back to a solid non invasive, non spying operating system that always works with every nVidia driver (It's called Win7.)

Good Luck too all running the worst Windows ever (10). With no matter what version creator or not Microsoft still cant get it right, two plus years out and they still say each month "this is what is fixed and this is what is still broken" REALLY....

And with their constant forced updates which again breaks everything, so don't blame the guy's at nVidia they are doing their best to help you guy's out battling with a unstable crappy operating system.

Win10 does my head in, that's why I stay away from it....as long as I can....

Please Don't take offense it's just my opinion.

A+ on that. I downgraded from win10 long ago.... and will never use again.

can someone confirm if firefox TDRs bug resolved in this release???

Posted 03/27/2018 05:40 PM   
  2 / 31    
Scroll To Top