Official 391.24 Game Ready WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 3/20/18)
  1 / 17    
Our new GeForce Game Ready 391.24 WHQL drivers provides the optimal gaming experience for Sea of Thieves. [url]https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/sea-of-thieves-game-ready-driver[/url] To download and install, simply fire up GeForce Experience and click the "Drivers" tab. [u][b]Providing Feedback:[/b][/u] This is a peer to peer support forum. While we try to read every end user feedback, we are unable to provide support to each and every user through the forums. If you require a response to a support inquiry, please visit the NVIDIA Support website where our Live Chat NVIDIA Customer Care team is available 24/7 (English only): [url]http://www.nvidia.com/support[/url] To report a software issue, please fill out the NVIDIA driver feedback form. This will help us collect the specific information needed to reproduce your issue and prioritize driver fixes: [url]http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6[/url] You are also welcome to discuss driver issues or leave suggestions in this thread however please keep comments family friendly. Any personal attacks towards other forum users or obscene language will be deleted. You are free to disagree with others. If you believe you have been insulted by another user, please report post to a Mod but do not retaliate. Most software issues are specific to a users system configuration. If you seek assistance from other users on this board, we suggest providing as much information as possible including: [.]System information[/.] [.]Regression information. Does your issue occur with the last driver?[/.] [.]For corruption/display issues, please include screenshots showing the in game graphics settings used and any NVIDIA Control Panel settings that you have changed from the default settings[/.] [.]Is your screen flashing/losing signal? Most monitors ship with inexpensive video cables. If you are pushing the limits of cable technology (eg 4K resolution, high refresh rate, etc.) and you are experiencing flashing/loss of signal, consider swapping your video cable for a VESA complaint cable rated for your display. We also recommend keeping your video cable to around 6 feet.[/.] [.]For stability issues, if your graphics card is factory/manually overclocked, does the issue go away if you lower your clock speeds to NVIDIA reference clock speeds[/.] No trolling or posts aimed at baiting users into an argument with you. Users who violate this rule repeatedly will be permanently banned.
Our new GeForce Game Ready 391.24 WHQL drivers provides the optimal gaming experience for Sea of Thieves.

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/sea-of-thieves-game-ready-driver

To download and install, simply fire up GeForce Experience and click the "Drivers" tab.

Providing Feedback:
This is a peer to peer support forum. While we try to read every end user feedback, we are unable to provide support to each and every user through the forums. If you require a response to a support inquiry, please visit the NVIDIA Support website where our Live Chat NVIDIA Customer Care team is available 24/7 (English only):

http://www.nvidia.com/support

To report a software issue, please fill out the NVIDIA driver feedback form. This will help us collect the specific information needed to reproduce your issue and prioritize driver fixes:

http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

You are also welcome to discuss driver issues or leave suggestions in this thread however please keep comments family friendly. Any personal attacks towards other forum users or obscene language will be deleted. You are free to disagree with others. If you believe you have been insulted by another user, please report post to a Mod but do not retaliate.

Most software issues are specific to a users system configuration. If you seek assistance from other users on this board, we suggest providing as much information as possible including:

• System information
  • Regression information. Does your issue occur with the last driver?
  • For corruption/display issues, please include screenshots showing the in game graphics settings used and any NVIDIA Control Panel settings that you have changed from the default settings
  • Is your screen flashing/losing signal? Most monitors ship with inexpensive video cables. If you are pushing the limits of cable technology (eg 4K resolution, high refresh rate, etc.) and you are experiencing flashing/loss of signal, consider swapping your video cable for a VESA complaint cable rated for your display. We also recommend keeping your video cable to around 6 feet.
  • For stability issues, if your graphics card is factory/manually overclocked, does the issue go away if you lower your clock speeds to NVIDIA reference clock speeds
  • No trolling or posts aimed at baiting users into an argument with you. Users who violate this rule repeatedly will be permanently banned.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
    www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 03/16/2018 09:50 PM   
    [u][b]Issues and updates: [/b][/u] -Gears of War 4 may randomly crash -Doom (OpenGL) may crash on launch if HDR is enabled in Windows -Custom color settings reset on reboot in Windows 10 FCU -> Working with Microsoft on issue -Starcraft 2 shows black screen on exit on Kepler GPUs -Dragging some apps from monitor 1 connected to GPU to monitor 2 connected to different GPU may cause driver to crash [i]Please Note:[/i] If you are still experiencing problems using NVIDIA Freestyle with supported game, please try the following: 1) Download the latest driver directly from our website: Windows 10 x64: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/131974/en-us 2) Uninstall GeForce Experience 3) Right-click over the 391.24 driver installation file. When the context menu appears, select Run as administrator 4) During the installation process, select custom install -> perform clean installation 5) Reboot after driver installation has completed 6) Once you are back in Windows, launch GeForce Experience and then re-enable experimental features. Quit Geforce Experience and wait 30 seconds. Then launch GeForce Experience again to make sure experimental features takes effect. 7) If after you launch a game, Freestyle filters doesn't recognize the game, give it 30 seconds and then try again [u][b]Release Notes:[/b][/u] [url]https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.24/391.24-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf[/url]
    Issues and updates:

-Gears of War 4 may randomly crash
    -Doom (OpenGL) may crash on launch if HDR is enabled in Windows
    -Custom color settings reset on reboot in Windows 10 FCU -> Working with Microsoft on issue
    -Starcraft 2 shows black screen on exit on Kepler GPUs
    -Dragging some apps from monitor 1 connected to GPU to monitor 2 connected to different GPU may cause driver to crash

Please Note:
    If you are still experiencing problems using NVIDIA Freestyle with supported game, please try the following:
    1) Download the latest driver directly from our website:
    Windows 10 x64:
    http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/131974/en-us
    2) Uninstall GeForce Experience
    3) Right-click over the 391.24 driver installation file. When the context menu appears, select Run as administrator
    4) During the installation process, select custom install -> perform clean installation
    5) Reboot after driver installation has completed
    6) Once you are back in Windows, launch GeForce Experience and then re-enable experimental features. Quit Geforce Experience and wait 30 seconds. Then launch GeForce Experience again to make sure experimental features takes effect.
    7) If after you launch a game, Freestyle filters doesn't recognize the game, give it 30 seconds and then try again

Release Notes:
    https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.24/391.24-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
    www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 03/20/2018 04:22 AM   
    Nvidia Freestyle still doesn't work. What can i do? please help
    Nvidia Freestyle still doesn't work. What can i do? please help

Posted 03/20/2018 02:37 PM   
    ^^ @Synbeast Try to use the latest beta GFE. 23.21.13.9124 & r390_99-9 The King of Fighters XIV (Steam Edition) game ready driver & GFE optimization are still not available for NBA 2K18.
    ^^ @Synbeast Try to use the latest beta GFE.

23.21.13.9124 & r390_99-9

The King of Fighters XIV (Steam Edition) game ready driver & GFE optimization are still not available for NBA 2K18.
    Custom color settings reset on reboot in Windows 10 FCU -> Working with Microsoft on issue Still not solved after 6 months. wow. just wow. Will this EVER being fixed? Issue is still there in latest RS4 Windows Insider version 17123 so it will be still there with the Spring Creators Update...
    Custom color settings reset on reboot in Windows 10 FCU -> Working with Microsoft on issue

Still not solved after 6 months. wow. just wow. Will this EVER being fixed? Issue is still there in latest RS4 Windows Insider version 17123 so it will be still there with the Spring Creators Update...

Posted 03/20/2018 02:50 PM   
    Claims to fix the "Freestyle not supported" issue, but it does not. I tried it with Shadow of War and Dishonored and neither of them worked with Freestyle.
    Claims to fix the "Freestyle not supported" issue, but it does not.

I tried it with Shadow of War and Dishonored and neither of them worked with Freestyle.

Long, long shall I rue thee...
    ...Too deeply to tell.

Posted 03/20/2018 03:07 PM   
    [quote="Synbeast"]Nvidia Freestyle still doesn't work. What can i do? please help[/quote] Freestyle fix requires a clean driver install.
    Synbeast said:Nvidia Freestyle still doesn't work. What can i do? please help

Freestyle fix requires a clean driver install.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
    CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
    Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
    Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
    HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
    Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
    Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

CPU:Intel Xeon x5670 @ 3.8Gz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:24GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
    Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB
    Monitor:55" Thorn TV, Sound:Sony Muteki 7.1
    SDD:Crucial MX200 250, HDD: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Case:NZXT Phantom 410, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 10
    Cooler: ThermalRight TRUE Spirit 120M BW Rev.A

Posted 03/20/2018 03:23 PM   
    i already use latest beta version
    i already use latest beta version

Posted 03/20/2018 03:24 PM   
    [quote="Sora"][quote="Synbeast"]Nvidia Freestyle still doesn't work. What can i do? please help[/quote] Freestyle fix requires a clean driver install.[/quote]Doesn't work, I've tried
    Sora said:

Doesn't work, I've tried

Posted 03/20/2018 03:28 PM   
    [quote="Synbeast"][quote="Sora"][quote="Synbeast"]Nvidia Freestyle still doesn't work. What can i do? please help[/quote] Freestyle fix requires a clean driver install.[/quote]Doesn't work dude I've tried[/quote] So you completely uninstalled GFE and the Driver, used DDU and then clean installed?
    Synbeast said:
    Sora said:

Doesn't work dude I've tried

So you completely uninstalled GFE and the Driver, used DDU and then clean installed?

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
    CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
    Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
    Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
    SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
    HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
    Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
    Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

CPU:Intel Xeon x5670 @ 3.8Gz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:24GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
    Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB
    Monitor:55" Thorn TV, Sound:Sony Muteki 7.1
    SDD:Crucial MX200 250, HDD: 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Case:NZXT Phantom 410, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 10
    Cooler: ThermalRight TRUE Spirit 120M BW Rev.A

Posted 03/20/2018 03:29 PM   
    [quote="Sora"][quote="Synbeast"][quote="Sora"][quote="Synbeast"]Nvidia Freestyle still doesn't work. What can i do? please help[/quote] Freestyle fix requires a clean driver install.[/quote]Doesn't work dude I've tried[/quote] So you completely uninstalled GFE and the Driver, used DDU and then clean installed?[/quote] i did not use ddu
    Sora said:
    Synbeast said:
    Sora said:

So you completely uninstalled GFE and the Driver, used DDU and then clean installed?

i did not use ddu

Posted 03/20/2018 03:30 PM   
    I'm on Windows insider build 17120.1 which installs with driver 390.77 which works fine, but this driver 391.24 and the previous driver 391.01 will result in the display going to sleep, turning the display on will show nothing followed again by it turning off again. I've tried DDU which hasn't worked. Also reported to Feedback Hub. I've had to use restore points to go back to 390.77.
    I'm on Windows insider build 17120.1 which installs with driver 390.77 which works fine, but this driver 391.24 and the previous driver 391.01 will result in the display going to sleep, turning the display on will show nothing followed again by it turning off again. I've tried DDU which hasn't worked. Also reported to Feedback Hub. I've had to use restore points to go back to 390.77.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti
    Monitor: Samsung U28D590D 28" UHD 4K

Posted 03/20/2018 03:39 PM   
    N/A
    N/A

Hardware
    CPU: Intel Core i7 - 4790 Processor
    RAM: 24GB of DDR3 1600MHz RAM
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB)
    Power Supply: 750 Watt PSU

Storage
    Seagate 1TB Hard Drive
    Seagate 3TB Hard Drive
    PNY 240GB SSD

Peripherals
    Razer Blackwidow Chroma 2016
    Razer DeathAdder Chroma Mouse
    Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Headset
    Xbox One Wireless Controller x2

Posted 03/20/2018 03:55 PM   
    [quote="Sora"][quote="Synbeast"][quote="Sora"][quote="Synbeast"]Nvidia Freestyle still doesn't work. What can i do? please help[/quote] Freestyle fix requires a clean driver install.[/quote]Doesn't work dude I've tried[/quote] So you completely uninstalled GFE and the Driver, used DDU and then clean installed?[/quote]Thank i solved it :)
    Sora said:
    Synbeast said:
    Sora said:

Thank i solved it :)

Posted 03/20/2018 03:59 PM   
    Hello, since 391.xx i have stutters in World of Warcraft. With 390.77 it is smooth as it should be. Is there someone else having this issue ? My Specs: Intel 6700K @ 4800Mhz watercooled Asus OC Nvidia 1080Ti 32 GB Ram Nothing else was changed. So it has to be the driver. Sorry for my bad school english ;-)
    Hello,

since 391.xx i have stutters in World of Warcraft. With 390.77 it is smooth as it should be. Is there someone else having this issue ?

My Specs:

Intel 6700K @ 4800Mhz watercooled
    Asus OC Nvidia 1080Ti
    32 GB Ram

Nothing else was changed. So it has to be the driver.
    Sorry for my bad school english ;-)

Posted 03/20/2018 04:04 PM   
      1 / 17    
    Scroll To Top