Announcing GeForce Hotfix Driver 391.05
  1 / 4    
This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 391.05 that addresses the following: - NVIDIA Freestyle stopped working issue - Display corruption on Titan V GPU - Added support for Microsoft Surface Book notebooks. It can be accessed here: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4639 More information about Hot fix drivers: A GeForce driver is an incredibly complex piece of software, We have an army of software engineers constantly adding features and fixing bugs. These changes are checked into the main driver branches, which are eventually run through a massive QA process and released. Since we have so many changes being checked in, we usually try to align driver releases with significant game or product releases. This process has served us pretty well over the years but it has one significant weakness. Sometimes a change that is important to many users might end up sitting and waiting until we are able to release the driver. The GeForce Hotfix driver is our way to trying to get some of these fixes out to you more quickly. These drivers are basically the same as the previous released version, with a small number of additional targeted fixes. The fixes that make it in are based in part on your feedback in the Driver Feedback threads and partly on how realistic it is for us to quickly address them. These fixes (and many more) will be incorporated into the next official driver release, at which time the Hotfix driver will be taken down. To be sure, these Hotfix drivers are beta, optional and provided as-is. They are run through a much abbreviated QA process. The sole reason they exist is to get fixes out to you more quickly. The safest option is to wait for the next WHQL certified driver. But we know that many of you are willing to try these out. These HotFix drivers represent a lot of additional work by our engineering teams, I hope they provide value for you. We’ll try it out and see if people like the idea and want us to continue.
This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 391.05 that addresses the following:

- NVIDIA Freestyle stopped working issue
- Display corruption on Titan V GPU
- Added support for Microsoft Surface Book notebooks.

It can be accessed here:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4639

More information about Hot fix drivers:

A GeForce driver is an incredibly complex piece of software, We have an army of software engineers constantly adding features and fixing bugs. These changes are checked into the main driver branches, which are eventually run through a massive QA process and released.

Since we have so many changes being checked in, we usually try to align driver releases with significant game or product releases. This process has served us pretty well over the years but it has one significant weakness. Sometimes a change that is important to many users might end up sitting and waiting until we are able to release the driver.

The GeForce Hotfix driver is our way to trying to get some of these fixes out to you more quickly. These drivers are basically the same as the previous released version, with a small number of additional targeted fixes. The fixes that make it in are based in part on your feedback in the Driver Feedback threads and partly on how realistic it is for us to quickly address them. These fixes (and many more) will be incorporated into the next official driver release, at which time the Hotfix driver will be taken down.

To be sure, these Hotfix drivers are beta, optional and provided as-is. They are run through a much abbreviated QA process. The sole reason they exist is to get fixes out to you more quickly. The safest option is to wait for the next WHQL certified driver. But we know that many of you are willing to try these out.

These HotFix drivers represent a lot of additional work by our engineering teams, I hope they provide value for you. We’ll try it out and see if people like the idea and want us to continue.

Posted 03/01/2018 08:07 PM   
Thank you for update^^ This hotfix fixed the odd GFE behavior on Win 10 Pro for Workstation SCU 17110.1000 :)
Thank you for update^^
This hotfix fixed the odd GFE behavior on Win 10 Pro for Workstation SCU 17110.1000 :)

i7-8700K @5.0/4.4
ROG Maximus X Hero (1301) - 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ F4-4133C17Q-32GTZR
NVIDIA Titan V (Volta) - Samsung U28D590D Displaylink
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2, 1300W (New Rev.) - Creative Sound Blaster X7
Win10 Pro for Ws x64 17134.5 - Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO M.2 500GB

Threadripper 1950X @4.1
ROG Zenith Extreme (0902) - 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-32GTZ
2xSLI NVIDIA Titan Xp (Pascal) - NVIDIA SLI HB Bridge 4-slot
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2, 1300W (Old Rev.)
Win10 Pro x64 17134.5 - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

i7-5960X @4.5/3.5 - NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal)
ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (1801) - 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 850W
Win10 Pro x64 16299.309 - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
hatno.imgur.com // NINTENDO + NVIDIA // So Everyone Can Game^^ www.ablegamers.org

Posted 03/01/2018 09:30 PM   
Since version 390.65, the Forza Horizon 3 blocks, and exits, when loading the game. Only works with version 388.71. Can anyone tell me why and the solution? Thanks.
Since version 390.65, the Forza Horizon 3 blocks, and exits, when loading the game. Only works with version 388.71. Can anyone tell me why and the solution?
Thanks.

Posted 03/01/2018 09:40 PM   
[quote="Ferrarinews"]Since version 390.65, the Forza Horizon 3 blocks, and exits, when loading the game. Only works with version 388.71. Can anyone tell me why and the solution? Thanks.[/quote] I have a GTX960, someone can tell me why this happen???? Please?? Thanks to all.
Ferrarinews said:Since version 390.65, the Forza Horizon 3 blocks, and exits, when loading the game. Only works with version 388.71. Can anyone tell me why and the solution?
Thanks.

I have a GTX960, someone can tell me why this happen????
Please??
Thanks to all.

Posted 03/01/2018 10:03 PM   
[quote="Ferrarinews"]Since version 390.65, the Forza Horizon 3 blocks, and exits, when loading the game. Only works with version 388.71. Can anyone tell me why and the solution? Thanks.[/quote] I prefer to use 387.95 with Forza Horizon 3. Also, each time I start the game I make sure to go to the options menu and make sure the video settings didn't reset to default. I've always updated video drivers with each release but this is the first game in a long time that gave me so many problems but when it works it's a fun game.
Ferrarinews said:Since version 390.65, the Forza Horizon 3 blocks, and exits, when loading the game. Only works with version 388.71. Can anyone tell me why and the solution?
Thanks.

I prefer to use 387.95 with Forza Horizon 3. Also, each time I start the game I make sure to go to the options menu and make sure the video settings didn't reset to default. I've always updated video drivers with each release but this is the first game in a long time that gave me so many problems but when it works it's a fun game.

Posted 03/01/2018 10:20 PM   
I still cannot get Freestyle to work. I have tried Elder Scrolls Online and Assassin's Creed Origins. Both I still get the message about not a supported game.
I still cannot get Freestyle to work. I have tried Elder Scrolls Online and Assassin's Creed Origins. Both I still get the message about not a supported game.

CPU: i7 5930K, 4.5 (125x36) with Corsair H100i | MB: Asus Rampage V Extreme (1401 Bios) | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) & EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB DDR4 2666MHz (4x8GB) | Storage: Crucial MX100 512 GB SSD (OS & Apps), 2 Seagate 1TB Serial ATA HD 7200/32MB/SATA-3G (Data - RAID 1) | PSU: Corsair HX1000W | Chassis: Cooler Master HAF X | OS: Win 10 Pro 1607

Posted 03/01/2018 11:48 PM   
[quote="JasonAnderso"]I still cannot get Freestyle to work. I have tried Elder Scrolls Online and Assassin's Creed Origins. Both I still get the message about not a supported game.[/quote] I've got the same issue. Go into setup and put a hook at "Perform a clean installation"! That helped me. :)
JasonAnderso said:I still cannot get Freestyle to work. I have tried Elder Scrolls Online and Assassin's Creed Origins. Both I still get the message about not a supported game.

I've got the same issue. Go into setup and put a hook at "Perform a clean installation"! That helped me. :)

Posted 03/02/2018 03:23 AM   
PUBG still isn't working for me. It says unsupported game.
PUBG still isn't working for me. It says unsupported game.

Posted 03/02/2018 04:23 AM   
[quote="claire.alice"]PUBG still isn't working for me. It says unsupported game.[/quote] Please try to perform a clean install of the driver. There may also be a timing issue where if you launch Freestyle at the start of the game, you may get the unsupported game message once and then if you try it again, it will work.
claire.alice said:PUBG still isn't working for me. It says unsupported game.

Please try to perform a clean install of the driver. There may also be a timing issue where if you launch Freestyle at the start of the game, you may get the unsupported game message once and then if you try it again, it will work.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 03/02/2018 06:55 AM   
Hi everyone, If you're still having issues, toggle the Share in-game overlay off and back on in GeForce Experience > Settings. If that doesn't resolve the issue, reboot your PC. After taking those steps, please let us know if you continue to have issues. Thanks, Andy NVIDIA
Hi everyone,

If you're still having issues, toggle the Share in-game overlay off and back on in GeForce Experience > Settings. If that doesn't resolve the issue, reboot your PC.

After taking those steps, please let us know if you continue to have issues.

Thanks,

Andy
NVIDIA

Posted 03/02/2018 06:56 AM   
[quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"][quote="claire.alice"]PUBG still isn't working for me. It says unsupported game.[/quote] Please try to perform a clean install of the driver. There may also be a timing issue where if you launch Freestyle at the start of the game, you may get the unsupported game message once and then if you try it again, it will work. [/quote] Had to do a clean install to get Freestyle working in PUBG. Thanks for the fix driver team! Hopefully there are no stuttering issues.
ManuelGuzmanNV said:
claire.alice said:PUBG still isn't working for me. It says unsupported game.

Please try to perform a clean install of the driver. There may also be a timing issue where if you launch Freestyle at the start of the game, you may get the unsupported game message once and then if you try it again, it will work.

Had to do a clean install to get Freestyle working in PUBG.

Thanks for the fix driver team!

Hopefully there are no stuttering issues.

8700k @ 5.1GHz == MSI 1080 Ti Lightning X @ 2025/6180 core/mem == Asus Maximus Hero X WiFi == 32GB (2x16) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 13-14-14-28 == 960 EVO 1TB == HGST Deskstar NAS 6TB == Asus PG258Q == SeaSonic Prime Titanium 1kW == Win10Pro 64 v1803 == California

Posted 03/02/2018 07:42 AM   
Hopefully helpful for people still having trouble with Freestyle.:> Close 3rd party apps like Afterburner/RTSS and then Clean install [url=https://imgur.com/vMy8j8H.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/vMy8j8Hh.jpg[/img][/url] [url=https://imgur.com/mBbjjI6.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/mBbjjI6h.jpg[/img][/url] Apply wanted NVControlPanel settings and restart when done [url=https://imgur.com/thBEs57.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/thBEs57h.jpg[/img][/url] Login GFE [url=https://imgur.com/Ea20hq6.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/Ea20hq6h.jpg[/img][/url] Click the Cogwheel top-right GFE and Enable experimental features [url=https://imgur.com/jZvV5Pt.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/jZvV5Pth.jpg[/img][/url] When in game make sure to use >> Alt-F3 << to open Freestyle game filters, sometimes I hit Alt-F2 instead by accident because I used Ansel a lot. ^^ [url=https://imgur.com/Cc6YFJ1.jpg][img]http://i.imgur.com/Cc6YFJ1h.jpg[/img][/url] Apology for the high image compression, I used borderless windowed and pasted it into Paint3D to get game filter menu to show in screenshot :p No conflict so far with Afterburner and/or ReShade:) Edit: Imgur is being weird, hope the images display correctly. :>
Hopefully helpful for people still having trouble with Freestyle.:>

Close 3rd party apps like Afterburner/RTSS and then Clean install

Apply wanted NVControlPanel settings and restart when done

Login GFE

Click the Cogwheel top-right GFE and Enable experimental features

When in game make sure to use >> Alt-F3 << to open Freestyle game filters,
sometimes I hit Alt-F2 instead by accident because I used Ansel a lot. ^^
Apology for the high image compression, I used borderless windowed and pasted it
into Paint3D to get game filter menu to show in screenshot :p

No conflict so far with Afterburner and/or ReShade:)

Edit:
Imgur is being weird, hope the images display correctly. :>

i7-8700K @5.0/4.4
ROG Maximus X Hero (1301) - 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ F4-4133C17Q-32GTZR
NVIDIA Titan V (Volta) - Samsung U28D590D Displaylink
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2, 1300W (New Rev.) - Creative Sound Blaster X7
Win10 Pro for Ws x64 17134.5 - Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO M.2 500GB

Threadripper 1950X @4.1
ROG Zenith Extreme (0902) - 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-32GTZ
2xSLI NVIDIA Titan Xp (Pascal) - NVIDIA SLI HB Bridge 4-slot
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2, 1300W (Old Rev.)
Win10 Pro x64 17134.5 - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB

i7-5960X @4.5/3.5 - NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal)
ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (1801) - 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 850W
Win10 Pro x64 16299.309 - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
hatno.imgur.com // NINTENDO + NVIDIA // So Everyone Can Game^^ www.ablegamers.org

Posted 03/02/2018 08:54 AM   
Thank you for this fix, but the issue with "weighted prediction" and "nvencode" is still present. It is no longer possible to use this setting with ffmpeg or nvencc without getting a crash or a corrupted video. The problem has been reported many times, but does not seem to arise the smallest attention from Nvidia staff.
Thank you for this fix, but the issue with "weighted prediction" and "nvencode" is still present. It is no longer possible to use this setting with ffmpeg or nvencc without getting a crash or a corrupted video. The problem has been reported many times, but does not seem to arise the smallest attention from Nvidia staff.

Posted 03/02/2018 09:33 AM   
[quote="AndyB@NVIDIA"]Hi everyone, If you're still having issues, toggle the Share in-game overlay off and back on in GeForce Experience > Settings. If that doesn't resolve the issue, reboot your PC. After taking those steps, please let us know if you continue to have issues. Thanks, Andy NVIDIA[/quote] Ok, I did a clean install, rebooted, toggled share overlay off and on, and even toggled experimental features off and on for extra measure. It still does not work for Elder Scrolls Online, but it is working for Assassin's Creed Origins. Any other suggestions to get it working again for ESO? That is where I really use it the most.
AndyB@NVIDIA said:Hi everyone,

If you're still having issues, toggle the Share in-game overlay off and back on in GeForce Experience > Settings. If that doesn't resolve the issue, reboot your PC.

After taking those steps, please let us know if you continue to have issues.

Thanks,

Andy
NVIDIA

Ok, I did a clean install, rebooted, toggled share overlay off and on, and even toggled experimental features off and on for extra measure.

It still does not work for Elder Scrolls Online, but it is working for Assassin's Creed Origins. Any other suggestions to get it working again for ESO? That is where I really use it the most.

CPU: i7 5930K, 4.5 (125x36) with Corsair H100i | MB: Asus Rampage V Extreme (1401 Bios) | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal) & EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB DDR4 2666MHz (4x8GB) | Storage: Crucial MX100 512 GB SSD (OS & Apps), 2 Seagate 1TB Serial ATA HD 7200/32MB/SATA-3G (Data - RAID 1) | PSU: Corsair HX1000W | Chassis: Cooler Master HAF X | OS: Win 10 Pro 1607

Posted 03/02/2018 09:38 AM   
One more bugs, the gpu will stuck at highest clock/frequency during watching youtube livestream with firefox. This lead to extra power consumption and a higher temp especially for mobile device like laptop. This bug is easy to reproduce, just open any youtube livestream with firefox and use any monitoring tool like hwinfo to check the gpu sensor, all the gpu's memory and video clock will stuck at maxmimum and did not downclock like usual. Fyi, this issue did not occur with odinary youtube video, only the livestream is affected. And if i disable hardware acceleration in firefox, this issue is not occur as firefox is no longer use the gpu to decode the video. Other browser like microsoft edge and chrome is works as expected. So, this issue is either related to nvidia or firefox or the combination of both. Other user also experince it and reported to bugzilla, but no further resolution is provided. Hope nvidia can look into it. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1263809 System Specification CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 Mmemory: 16GB DDR4 GPU: EVGA GTX1060 6GB SSC Firefox: Firefox 58.0.2 x64 OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 1709
One more bugs, the gpu will stuck at highest clock/frequency during watching youtube livestream with firefox. This lead to extra power consumption and a higher temp especially for mobile device like laptop.

This bug is easy to reproduce, just open any youtube livestream with firefox and use any monitoring tool like hwinfo to check the gpu sensor, all the gpu's memory and video clock will stuck at maxmimum and did not downclock like usual.

Fyi, this issue did not occur with odinary youtube video, only the livestream is affected. And if i disable hardware acceleration in firefox, this issue is not occur as firefox is no longer use the gpu to decode the video. Other browser like microsoft edge and chrome is works as expected. So, this issue is either related to nvidia or firefox or the combination of both.

Other user also experince it and reported to bugzilla, but no further resolution is provided. Hope nvidia can look into it.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1263809

System Specification
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7
Mmemory: 16GB DDR4
GPU: EVGA GTX1060 6GB SSC
Firefox: Firefox 58.0.2 x64

Posted 03/02/2018 03:16 PM   
  1 / 4    
Scroll To Top