Official 391.01 Game Ready WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 2/26/18)
  1 / 32    
Our new GeForce Game Ready 391.01 WHQL drivers provides the optimal gaming experience for Final Fantasy XV, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Warhammer: Vermintide 2, and World of Tanks 1.0. [url]https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-game-ready-driver[/url] To download and install, simply fire up GeForce Experience and click the "Drivers" tab. [u][b]Providing Feedback:[/b][/u] This is a peer to peer support forum. While we try to read every end user feedback, we are unable to provide support to each and every user through the forums. If you require a response to a support inquiry, please visit the NVIDIA Support website where our Live Chat NVIDIA Customer Care team is available 24/7 (English only): [url]http://www.nvidia.com/support[/url] To report a software issue, please fill out the NVIDIA driver feedback form. This will help us collect the specific information needed to reproduce your issue and prioritize driver fixes: [url]http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6[/url] You are also welcome to discuss driver issues or leave suggestions in this thread however please keep comments family friendly. Any personal attacks towards other forum users or obscene language will be deleted. You are free to disagree with others. If you believe you have been insulted by another user, please report post to a Mod but do not retaliate. Most software issues are specific to a users system configuration. If you seek assistance from other users on this board, we suggest providing as much information as possible including: [.]System information[/.] [.]Regression information. Does your issue occur with the last driver?[/.] [.]For corruption/display issues, please include screenshots showing the in game graphics settings used and any NVIDIA Control Panel settings that you have changed from the default settings[/.] [.]Is your screen flashing/losing signal? Most monitors ship with inexpensive video cables. If you are pushing the limits of cable technology (eg 4K resolution, high refresh rate, etc.) and you are experiencing flashing/loss of signal, consider swapping your video cable for a VESA complaint cable rated for your display. We also recommend keeping your video cable to around 6 feet.[/.] [.]For stability issues, if your graphics card is factory/manually overclocked, does the issue go away if you lower your clock speeds to NVIDIA reference clock speeds[/.] No trolling or posts aimed at baiting users into an argument with you. Users who violate this rule repeatedly will be permanently banned.
Our new GeForce Game Ready 391.01 WHQL drivers provides the optimal gaming experience for Final Fantasy XV, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Warhammer: Vermintide 2, and World of Tanks 1.0.

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/final-fantasy-xv-windows-edition-game-ready-driver

To download and install, simply fire up GeForce Experience and click the "Drivers" tab.

Providing Feedback:
This is a peer to peer support forum. While we try to read every end user feedback, we are unable to provide support to each and every user through the forums. If you require a response to a support inquiry, please visit the NVIDIA Support website where our Live Chat NVIDIA Customer Care team is available 24/7 (English only):

http://www.nvidia.com/support

To report a software issue, please fill out the NVIDIA driver feedback form. This will help us collect the specific information needed to reproduce your issue and prioritize driver fixes:

http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

You are also welcome to discuss driver issues or leave suggestions in this thread however please keep comments family friendly. Any personal attacks towards other forum users or obscene language will be deleted. You are free to disagree with others. If you believe you have been insulted by another user, please report post to a Mod but do not retaliate.

Most software issues are specific to a users system configuration. If you seek assistance from other users on this board, we suggest providing as much information as possible including:

• System information
  • Regression information. Does your issue occur with the last driver?
  • For corruption/display issues, please include screenshots showing the in game graphics settings used and any NVIDIA Control Panel settings that you have changed from the default settings
  • Is your screen flashing/losing signal? Most monitors ship with inexpensive video cables. If you are pushing the limits of cable technology (eg 4K resolution, high refresh rate, etc.) and you are experiencing flashing/loss of signal, consider swapping your video cable for a VESA complaint cable rated for your display. We also recommend keeping your video cable to around 6 feet.
  • For stability issues, if your graphics card is factory/manually overclocked, does the issue go away if you lower your clock speeds to NVIDIA reference clock speeds
  • No trolling or posts aimed at baiting users into an argument with you. Users who violate this rule repeatedly will be permanently banned.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
    www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 02/24/2018 06:51 AM   
    [u][b]Issues and updates:[/b][/u] -After PC is left on for extended period of time, HDCP may be lost cause HTC Vive/Oculus Rift to launch to a black screen. Rebooting PC resolves issue. -> [i]Fixed in next driver[/i] -Gears of War 4 may randomly crash -Doom (OpenGL) may crash on launch if HDR is enabled in Windows -Rise of the Tomb Raider displays partial flickering in DX12 mode -Random TDR while using Firefox on Pascal GPUs (Windows 7) -> [i]Fixed in next driver [/i] -Custom color settings reset on reboot in Windows 10 FCU -> Working with Microsoft on issue -Display corruption w/ DisplayPort using driver 391.01 on G-sync monitor with Titan V -Freestyle may not work after driver update -Brief stutter when opening a video in MPC-HC -> [i]Fixed in next driver[/i] -Starcraft 2 shows black screen on exit on Kepler GPUs -Dragging some apps from monitor 1 connected to GPU to monitor 2 connected to different GPU may cause driver to crash [b] Release notes:[/b] https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.01/391.01-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf
    Issues and updates:
    -After PC is left on for extended period of time, HDCP may be lost cause HTC Vive/Oculus Rift to launch to a black screen. Rebooting PC resolves issue. -> Fixed in next driver
    -Gears of War 4 may randomly crash
    -Doom (OpenGL) may crash on launch if HDR is enabled in Windows
    -Rise of the Tomb Raider displays partial flickering in DX12 mode
    -Random TDR while using Firefox on Pascal GPUs (Windows 7) -> Fixed in next driver
    -Custom color settings reset on reboot in Windows 10 FCU -> Working with Microsoft on issue
    -Display corruption w/ DisplayPort using driver 391.01 on G-sync monitor with Titan V
    -Freestyle may not work after driver update
    -Brief stutter when opening a video in MPC-HC -> Fixed in next driver
    -Starcraft 2 shows black screen on exit on Kepler GPUs
    -Dragging some apps from monitor 1 connected to GPU to monitor 2 connected to different GPU may cause driver to crash

Release notes:

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.01/391.01-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

Posted 02/26/2018 07:23 AM   
    23.21.13.9101 & r390_99-2 The King of Fighters XIV (Steam Edition) game ready driver & GFE optimization are still not available for NBA 2K18.
    23.21.13.9101 & r390_99-2

The King of Fighters XIV (Steam Edition) game ready driver & GFE optimization are still not available for NBA 2K18.
    Nvidia Freestyle (Gamefilter) doesnt work on PUBG anymore...? At least for me.
    Nvidia Freestyle (Gamefilter) doesnt work on PUBG anymore...? At least for me.

Posted 02/26/2018 03:05 PM   
    I wonder if Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12 screen flickering has been fixed or not o_o No mention of it in the release notes ...
    I wonder if Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12 screen flickering has been fixed or not o_o

No mention of it in the release notes ...

Posted 02/26/2018 03:05 PM   
    The crashes in the launcher for IL2 Battle of Moscow/Stalingrad appear to be resolved with this driver. Thank you.
    The crashes in the launcher for IL2 Battle of Moscow/Stalingrad appear to be resolved with this driver. Thank you.

Asus R6E Bios 1301, Nvidia Titan Xp, Intel i9 7900X @ 4.7, Corsair CMD32GX4M4B3600C16, Creative SBZ, Asus PG348Q, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, EKWB Phoenix 360, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Corsair AX 1600i, EVGA Z10, Asus ROG Gladius II Origin, Windows 10 64

Posted 02/26/2018 03:06 PM   
    Fixed Issues in this Release [list] [.][BeamNG]: Dynamic reflections flicker in the game. [2057342] [/.] [.][Call of Duty WWII]: Flickering shadows occur in the game. [2053929] [/.] [.]NvfbcPluginWindow prevents Windows from shutting down. [2053927] [/.] [.]Booting from a cold boot results in black screen on a multi-monitor system. [2052447] [/.] [.][3DVision]: System shutdown time increases when Stereoscopic 3D is enabled. [2048107] [/.] [.][NVIDIA Control Panel]: The Display->Adjust desktop color settings->Content type setting is reset to “Auto-selected” after rebooting the system. [2047088] [/.] [.][GeForce GTX 980/1080 Ti]: OpenGL program may crash when trying to map a buffer object. [2044697] [/.] [.][Notebook][GeForce GTX 965M]: Drop in GPU performance occurs. [200379911] [/.] [/list]
    Fixed Issues in this Release
    • [BeamNG]: Dynamic reflections flicker in the game. [2057342]
    • [Call of Duty WWII]: Flickering shadows occur in the game. [2053929]
    • NvfbcPluginWindow prevents Windows from shutting down. [2053927]
    • Booting from a cold boot results in black screen on a multi-monitor system. [2052447]
    • [3DVision]: System shutdown time increases when Stereoscopic 3D is enabled. [2048107]
    • [NVIDIA Control Panel]: The Display->Adjust desktop color settings->Content type
      setting is reset to “Auto-selected” after rebooting the system. [2047088]
    • [GeForce GTX 980/1080 Ti]: OpenGL program may crash when trying to map a buffer object. [2044697]
    • [Notebook][GeForce GTX 965M]: Drop in GPU performance occurs. [200379911]

i7 8700k - GB Aorus Gaming 7 - 1080 TI FE - LG 34UC89G - Win 10 Pro - 64 bit - 32gb memory (3466) Corsair Vengeance LPX - Seasonic 850 Focus

Posted 02/26/2018 03:10 PM   
    Green screened during install on two different machines(desktop 1080 with dual monitors and Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming with 1060 MaxQ) of mine using skip-ahead insider build 17604.1000. Was fine after forced restart.
    Green screened during install on two different machines(desktop 1080 with dual monitors and Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming with 1060 MaxQ) of mine using skip-ahead insider build 17604.1000. Was fine after forced restart.

Posted 02/26/2018 03:13 PM   
    [quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"][u][b]Issues and updates:[/b][/u] -After PC is left on for extended period of time, HDCP may be lost cause HTC Vive/Oculus Rift to launch to a black screen. Rebooting PC resolves issue. -NieR:Automata randomly freezes with white screen -Gears of War 4 may randomly crash -Doom (OpenGL) may crash on launch if HDR is enabled in Windows -Rise of the Tomb Raider displays partial flickering in DX12 mode -Random TDR while using Firefox on Pascal GPUs [b] Release notes:[/b] https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.01/391.01-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf[/quote] Is this list intended as an additional open issues list that did not make the driver notes open issues?
    ManuelGuzmanNV said:Issues and updates:
    -After PC is left on for extended period of time, HDCP may be lost cause HTC Vive/Oculus Rift to launch to a black screen. Rebooting PC resolves issue.
    -NieR:Automata randomly freezes with white screen
    -Random TDR while using Firefox on Pascal GPUs

Release notes:

https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.01/391.01-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Is this list intended as an additional open issues list that did not make the driver notes open issues?

i7 8700k - GB Aorus Gaming 7 - 1080 TI FE - LG 34UC89G - Win 10 Pro - 64 bit - 32gb memory (3466) Corsair Vengeance LPX - Seasonic 850 Focus

Posted 02/26/2018 03:14 PM   
    [quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"][u][b]Issues and updates:[/b][/u] -After PC is left on for extended period of time, HDCP may be lost cause HTC Vive/Oculus Rift to launch to a black screen. Rebooting PC resolves issue. -NieR:Automata randomly freezes with white screen -Gears of War 4 may randomly crash -Doom (OpenGL) may crash on launch if HDR is enabled in Windows -Rise of the Tomb Raider displays partial flickering in DX12 mode -Random TDR while using Firefox on Pascal GPUs [b] Release notes:[/b] https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.01/391.01-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf[/quote] Manuel, did the driver team manage to reproduce all these issues? How come not all are listed in the release notes' known issues?
    -After PC is left on for extended period of time, HDCP may be lost cause HTC Vive/Oculus Rift to launch to a black screen. Rebooting PC resolves issue.

Release notes:

Manuel, did the driver team manage to reproduce all these issues? How come not all are listed in the release notes' known issues?

Windows 10 64-bit (16299)
    EVGA Geforce GTX 1060 SC 6GB
    Gigabyte GA-P35-S3L (rev. 1.0) / Bios F7
    Core 2 Quad Q9550
    System memory: 8 GB DDR2-800 (4 x 2 GB)
    PSU: Green 600 W
    Monitor: Samsung BX2240, 1920 x 1080, 60 Hz
    Sound: On-board

[quote="Tindreal"]I wonder if Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12 screen flickering has been fixed or not o_o No mention of it in the release notes ...[/quote] [quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"][u][b]Issues and updates:[/b][/u] -Rise of the Tomb Raider displays partial flickering in DX12 mode [b] Release notes:[/b] https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.01/391.01-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf[/quote]
    Tindreal said:I wonder if Rise of the Tomb Raider DX12 screen flickering has been fixed or not o_o

No mention of it in the release notes ...

Release notes:

GeForce GTX TITAN X, THREADRIPPER 1920X, ZENITH EXTREME, 32GB Ripjaws V F4-3200C14Q-32GVK, Samsung 950Pro 500GB, Xonar Essence STX, ASUS PG279Q, Windows 10Pro 16299.214

[quote="Qwixt"][quote="ManuelGuzmanNV"][u][b]Issues and updates:[/b][/u] -After PC is left on for extended period of time, HDCP may be lost cause HTC Vive/Oculus Rift to launch to a black screen. Rebooting PC resolves issue. -NieR:Automata randomly freezes with white screen -Gears of War 4 may randomly crash -Doom (OpenGL) may crash on launch if HDR is enabled in Windows -Rise of the Tomb Raider displays partial flickering in DX12 mode -Random TDR while using Firefox on Pascal GPUs [b] Release notes:[/b] https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/391.01/391.01-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf[/quote] Is this list intended as an additional open issues list that did not make the driver notes open issues?[/quote] I list the issues most often asked about open bugs in that list. I do not manage the Release Notes list.
    Qwixt said:

Release notes:

Is this list intended as an additional open issues list that did not make the driver notes open issues?

I list the issues most often asked about open bugs in that list. I do not manage the Release Notes list.

Posted 02/26/2018 03:19 PM   
    Call of Duty WW2 freestyle doesn't work as of the most recent driver update. Message pops up on screen saying it requires a supported game. It worked fine last night. Edit: I restarted my computer a couple of times as well as reinstalling the driver. Didn't work. The only way i got it to work again was downloading and installing the previous driver.
    Call of Duty WW2 freestyle doesn't work as of the most recent driver update. Message pops up on screen saying it requires a supported game. It worked fine last night.

Edit: I restarted my computer a couple of times as well as reinstalling the driver. Didn't work. The only way i got it to work again was downloading and installing the previous driver.

Posted 02/26/2018 03:33 PM   
    [quote="Lixi_"]Call of Duty WW2 freestyle doesn't work as of the most recent driver update. Message pops up on screen saying it requires a supported game. It worked fine last night.[/quote] Can you try reinstalling the driver by downloading the driver manually and then right-clicking over the file and choose "Run as administrator". There's been installer issues in the past where the Freestyle files don't register properly. If you still have this issue after reinstalling the driver, I'll go ahead and file a bug.
    Lixi_ said:Call of Duty WW2 freestyle doesn't work as of the most recent driver update. Message pops up on screen saying it requires a supported game. It worked fine last night.

Can you try reinstalling the driver by downloading the driver manually and then right-clicking over the file and choose "Run as administrator". There's been installer issues in the past where the Freestyle files don't register properly. If you still have this issue after reinstalling the driver, I'll go ahead and file a bug.

Posted 02/26/2018 03:54 PM   
    [u]Limitations in This Release[/u] [list] [.]Negative LOD bias clamp for DirectX applications is not supported on Fermi-based GPUs and later.[/.] [/list] What?
    Limitations in This Release
    • Negative LOD bias clamp for DirectX applications is not supported on Fermi-based GPUs and later.

What?

Asus Maximus VII Ranger | Intel i7-4770k | GTX 1070 Zotac | Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1866Mhz | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Seasonic Platium 660 | Samsung S24D300 |

Posted 02/26/2018 03:54 PM   
      1 / 32    
    Scroll To Top