No control over fan speed in MSI Afterburner - 1070
I have two gtx 1070's one is an MSI, the other is a gybabyte. Using MSI AB, I have zero control over fan speeds. I can move the sliders in MSI AB, but when I enable, the fan speeds revert to a lower setting. This happened all of a sudden. My GPU's were running at about 58 degrees, but now they run at about 72 degrees and I can not increase the fan speed. I suspect something in my windows system is overriding MSI Afterburner, but I have no idea what it could be. I have tried reverting to older drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling MSI AB to no avail. Any thoughts?
I have two gtx 1070's one is an MSI, the other is a gybabyte.

Using MSI AB, I have zero control over fan speeds. I can move the sliders in MSI AB, but when I enable, the fan speeds revert to a lower setting. This happened all of a sudden. My GPU's were running at about 58 degrees, but now they run at about 72 degrees and I can not increase the fan speed. I suspect something in my windows system is overriding MSI Afterburner, but I have no idea what it could be. I have tried reverting to older drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling MSI AB to no avail. Any thoughts?

Posted 02/13/2018 01:34 PM   
Scroll To Top