Both GTX 780 and GTX 760 giving red bar artifacts and error 43
This problem randomly started occurring with my GTX 780, so I borrowed another graphics card to figure out if my 780 was the issue (The 760 has had absolutely no history with playing up, whereas my 780 has). It seemed that both cards had the same issue. After checking that the power supply was outputting the right voltage, I figured it must of been the motherboard dying, and so I sent it off to be repaired. A week ago, I tested my 780 in someone else's computer: artifacts had shown up. His 1060 worked perfectly fine. Just today as I'm waiting to hear back from ASUS about my motherboard's repair, I tried running the 760 in an old computer laying around my house. After installing the Nvidia drivers and restarting, the all too familiar artifacts were back. So somehow, my computer must of managed to destroy not only my card, but the borrowed card? How would that be possible? The red bar artifacts which appear after installing any Nvidia driver (Error code 43 visible): [url]https://imgur.com/a/0W1dP[/url] I am at my absolute wits end, having tried everything to figure out what the problem might be. Any help would be massively appreciated.
This problem randomly started occurring with my GTX 780, so I borrowed another graphics card to figure out if my 780 was the issue (The 760 has had absolutely no history with playing up, whereas my 780 has). It seemed that both cards had the same issue. After checking that the power supply was outputting the right voltage, I figured it must of been the motherboard dying, and so I sent it off to be repaired.
A week ago, I tested my 780 in someone else's computer: artifacts had shown up. His 1060 worked perfectly fine.
Just today as I'm waiting to hear back from ASUS about my motherboard's repair, I tried running the 760 in an old computer laying around my house. After installing the Nvidia drivers and restarting, the all too familiar artifacts were back. So somehow, my computer must of managed to destroy not only my card, but the borrowed card? How would that be possible?

The red bar artifacts which appear after installing any Nvidia driver (Error code 43 visible): https://imgur.com/a/0W1dP

I am at my absolute wits end, having tried everything to figure out what the problem might be. Any help would be massively appreciated.

Posted 02/13/2018 01:26 PM   
Scroll To Top