Introducing Andy, GoogleAssistantCM
  1 / 4    
I want to introduce Andy B. ([url]https://forums.geforce.com/member/2228546/[/url]), the Community Manager for the Google Assistant, who reached out to us after his team noticed the high-level of activity and engagement around the Assistant and SHIELD TV on this forum. He’s hoping to participate in this community by chiming in on threads to address major bugs, emerging product issues, or clarify general product announcements. He may also jump in to collect more information from folks on what they are experiencing to help debug issues, as well as provide updates to how Google is working to resolve Assistant-specific issues affecting NVIDIA users. We're very happy to welcome Andy aka GoogleAssistantCM to this community!
I want to introduce Andy B. (https://forums.geforce.com/member/2228546/), the Community Manager for the Google Assistant, who reached out to us after his team noticed the high-level of activity and engagement around the Assistant and SHIELD TV on this forum.

He’s hoping to participate in this community by chiming in on threads to address major bugs, emerging product issues, or clarify general product announcements. He may also jump in to collect more information from folks on what they are experiencing to help debug issues, as well as provide updates to how Google is working to resolve Assistant-specific issues affecting NVIDIA users.

We're very happy to welcome Andy aka GoogleAssistantCM to this community!

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 02/08/2018 07:31 PM   
Thanks for the intro, Manuel. I’m super excited to get involved here! Like you mentioned, I’m the Google Community Manager for the Assistant (as well as Search), and I spend most of my time helping manage our support operations. That being said, I think this is an incredible and unique community, and I’d love to chime in from time to time where it makes sense. I will mostly be posting on issues or topics where I can add value and/or to collect feedback on emerging issues. I also want to set the expectation that I won't be in here answering normal Assistant support questions, as we have more appropriate channels to do that (the Assistant Google Product Forum or Twitter), and I will stick to posting when it adds value for the whole community. I also want to add a quick disclaimer - as much as I’d like to, due to the sensitivity of certain topics, I may not be able to provide updates on everything (bugs, performance, etc.). I’ll certainly do my best though to try to give as much information as possible, whenever possible. If a particular question goes unanswered, please do not assume that I didn't read it - it’s most likely due to the fact that I'm just unable to give an answer at this time. And finally, a [b]huge thanks[/b] to Manuel and the NVIDIA team for letting me join in here. Look forward to seeing you all around! Andy - Google Assistant Community Manager
Thanks for the intro, Manuel. I’m super excited to get involved here!

Like you mentioned, I’m the Google Community Manager for the Assistant (as well as Search), and I spend most of my time helping manage our support operations. That being said, I think this is an incredible and unique community, and I’d love to chime in from time to time where it makes sense. I will mostly be posting on issues or topics where I can add value and/or to collect feedback on emerging issues. I also want to set the expectation that I won't be in here answering normal Assistant support questions, as we have more appropriate channels to do that (the Assistant Google Product Forum or Twitter), and I will stick to posting when it adds value for the whole community.

I also want to add a quick disclaimer - as much as I’d like to, due to the sensitivity of certain topics, I may not be able to provide updates on everything (bugs, performance, etc.). I’ll certainly do my best though to try to give as much information as possible, whenever possible. If a particular question goes unanswered, please do not assume that I didn't read it - it’s most likely due to the fact that I'm just unable to give an answer at this time.

And finally, a huge thanks to Manuel and the NVIDIA team for letting me join in here.

Look forward to seeing you all around!
Andy - Google Assistant Community Manager

Posted 02/09/2018 06:05 PM   
welcome to the party! it's very cool to see somebody from google here.
welcome to the party! it's very cool to see somebody from google here.

Posted 02/09/2018 06:11 PM   
[quote="steph459"]welcome to the party! it's very cool to see somebody from google here.[/quote] Thanks!
steph459 said:welcome to the party! it's very cool to see somebody from google here.

Thanks!

Posted 02/09/2018 07:47 PM   
Welcome Andy :)
Welcome Andy :)

Posted 02/09/2018 08:40 PM   
Welcome on board Andy
Welcome on board Andy

2015 Nvidia Shield 16GB
Sony Bravia XBR-55HX929 (HDMI 1.4)
Yamaha RX-A3050 AVR (HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2)
Jamo C109, C103, C93, C10 CEN & J112 SUB (5.1.4) Speakers

Posted 02/09/2018 09:03 PM   
Welcome Andy!
Welcome Andy!

Posted 02/09/2018 10:09 PM   
Welcome Andy. I hope you already began to read about the most requested functionalities with Google Assistant. For once what I would like to see it's a more open environment for Google Assistant to thrive, that's it to be available where possible. I do understand that Google likes to make available in places where can give some kind of support, but only by enabling the features in countries outside the conform some, Google can learn a lot. Anyway, welcome to the party.
Welcome Andy.
I hope you already began to read about the most requested functionalities with Google Assistant.

For once what I would like to see it's a more open environment for Google Assistant to thrive, that's it to be available where possible. I do understand that Google likes to make available in places where can give some kind of support, but only by enabling the features in countries outside the conform some, Google can learn a lot.

Anyway, welcome to the party.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 02/10/2018 12:48 AM   
Hi Andy. Welcome. I've turned Google assistant off because I'm British and it never works properly and when enabled it randomly turned itself on interrupting the video. Hoping we can get this working because I use the Google how all the time and my wife is also really into it. Cheers Chris
Hi Andy. Welcome.
I've turned Google assistant off because I'm British and it never works properly and when enabled it randomly turned itself on interrupting the video.
Hoping we can get this working because I use the Google how all the time and my wife is also really into it.

Cheers
Chris

Posted 02/10/2018 01:20 AM   
Dear Andy, When web image will be released?
Dear Andy,

When web image will be released?

Posted 02/10/2018 08:15 AM   
Hi Andy and welcome. Any news you can share with us about GA in France ? Thank you.
Hi Andy and welcome.

Any news you can share with us about GA in France ?

Thank you.

Posted 02/10/2018 09:16 AM   
Welcome Andy +1 for news about GA in France Thanks by advance Regards
Welcome Andy
+1 for news about GA in France
Thanks by advance
Regards

Posted 02/10/2018 09:33 PM   
Welcome! We appreciate you coming over here! I would like the shield assistant to better coexist with the Google Home assistant. For example, if I say "ok google, watch ESPN on YouTube TV", my google home defers to the shield, and the shield says "sorry, I can't do that yet". However if I have the "ok google" function turned off on the shield, my google home executes the action I requested. So my question is can the shield eventually just defer to the Google home when there is a command the shield is unable to execute, allowing the Google home to execute the command? And I understand YouTube TV may have google assistant functionality soon in the future; however, as long as the shield has the default priority to respond (regardless of whether or not it can actually perform the action)this could forever be a problem when the Google home is able to perform new abilities in the future that the shield may not be ready for at that time. As of now, I have to keep the "ok google" function turned off for this reason, which I do not like, because I would like to be able to utilize the shield assistant, as well, for the things the Google home cannot execute in the Shield's native apps. Thank again for coming over!
Welcome!

We appreciate you coming over here!

I would like the shield assistant to better coexist with the Google Home assistant. For example, if I say "ok google, watch ESPN on YouTube TV", my google home defers to the shield, and the shield says "sorry, I can't do that yet". However if I have the "ok google" function turned off on the shield, my google home executes the action I requested. So my question is can the shield eventually just defer to the Google home when there is a command the shield is unable to execute, allowing the Google home to execute the command? And I understand YouTube TV may have google assistant functionality soon in the future; however, as long as the shield has the default priority to respond (regardless of whether or not it can actually perform the action)this could forever be a problem when the Google home is able to perform new abilities in the future that the shield may not be ready for at that time. As of now, I have to keep the "ok google" function turned off for this reason, which I do not like, because I would like to be able to utilize the shield assistant, as well, for the things the Google home cannot execute in the Shield's native apps.

Thank again for coming over!

Posted 02/11/2018 12:08 AM   
Mild greetings from one of the 194 unsupported countries. =(
Mild greetings from one of the 194 unsupported countries. =(

Posted 02/11/2018 08:55 AM   
I have the same weird issue as above. I can tell my Google Home to play something on my Shield TV. It will acknowledge, then suddenly say "Sorry can't do that". Pretty confusing. I'm in Germany btw. Haven't tried turning off OK Google on the ShieldTV, didn't even know it's there actually, I'll do that later..
I have the same weird issue as above. I can tell my Google Home to play something on my Shield TV. It will acknowledge, then suddenly say "Sorry can't do that". Pretty confusing. I'm in Germany btw.
Haven't tried turning off OK Google on the ShieldTV, didn't even know it's there actually, I'll do that later..

Posted 02/11/2018 06:57 PM   
  1 / 4    
Scroll To Top