Shield TV suddenly crashing
Up to date 2015 non pro version. Suddenly Kodi started crashing and rebooting shield. Assumed it was Kodi playing up so started using Plex. Same problem. 10-20 mins into movies or TV show and crash and reset. Any ideas? Was working fine until today. Movies and TV stored on PC running windows 10, streaming over gigabit Ethernet via NFS. Thoughts anyone? Family not happy!!!
Up to date 2015 non pro version.
Suddenly Kodi started crashing and rebooting shield. Assumed it was Kodi playing up so started using Plex. Same problem. 10-20 mins into movies or TV show and crash and reset.

Any ideas? Was working fine until today. Movies and TV stored on PC running windows 10, streaming over gigabit Ethernet via NFS.

Thoughts anyone? Family not happy!!!

Posted 01/12/2018 09:36 PM   
Update. So this morning my regular crash/reboots continue. However I then left the shield on the home screen, no apps running and it rebooted. What the hell is going on? Is my shield dying?
Update.

So this morning my regular crash/reboots continue. However I then left the shield on the home screen, no apps running and it rebooted. What the hell is going on? Is my shield dying?

Posted 01/13/2018 09:49 AM   
Scroll To Top