GTX 1050 OC 2G, Not showing up in device manager.
Hello, i have recently built/upgraded a PC with this video card but i am having issues with it. I have everything plugged in correctly but there is nothing in device manager. The fans on the card also do not spin, as if it is not receiving power. I searched for a power plug for it, but this does not have one, so i assume that is not the issue. The weird part about it is that i am currently typing this with the video chord plugged into the graphics card. So the signal is going through it, but device manager only shows " Microsoft basic Display adapter". I do have a ADRUS 'Gigabyte' Driver CD, but running that didnt seem to do anything. Do i need to run something during the BIOS or download some sort of driver update that is not on the CD? The motherboard is an "ASUS Z170K". Any help is appreciated.
Hello, i have recently built/upgraded a PC with this video card but i am having issues with it. I have everything plugged in correctly but there is nothing in device manager. The fans on the card also do not spin, as if it is not receiving power. I searched for a power plug for it, but this does not have one, so i assume that is not the issue.

The weird part about it is that i am currently typing this with the video chord plugged into the graphics card. So the signal is going through it, but device manager only shows " Microsoft basic Display adapter".
I do have a ADRUS 'Gigabyte' Driver CD, but running that didnt seem to do anything.

Do i need to run something during the BIOS or download some sort of driver update that is not on the CD? The motherboard is an "ASUS Z170K". Any help is appreciated.

Posted 01/12/2018 09:21 PM   
you need to be on windows 10 10586 or higher to install pascal gen cards, if you are not the installer will remark 'no compatible devices found" and the gpu will remain using the basic display adapter driver. Windows 7 SP1 and 8.1 update 1 are the requirements for those windows editions.
you need to be on windows 10 10586 or higher to install pascal gen cards, if you are not the installer will remark 'no compatible devices found" and the gpu will remain using the basic display adapter driver.

Windows 7 SP1 and 8.1 update 1 are the requirements for those windows editions.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 01/13/2018 02:52 AM   
Scroll To Top