FreeStyle Game Filters Feedback
  1 / 5    
Hi everyone, We are very excited to get FreeStyle Game Filters into your hands! Let's use this thread to gather feedback on your experience - what do you like, what would you like to see, bugs, etc. Known issue: FreeStyle is not opening after updating to latest GeForce Experience & Game Ready Driver. We recommend those users to reboot their system after installing updates. Remember to update to the latest GeForce Experience & Game Ready Driver, have experimental features enabled, and press either Alt+F3 or Alt+Z and click on Game Filters to access FreeStyle. You can set keyboard shortcuts to toggle filters on/off and cycle through your 3 preset style slots within GeForce Experience settings. If you create an awesome filter combination for a game, share it with us on this thread! To learn more about FreeStyle, [url=https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/01/07/geforce-experience-freestyle-ansel-ces-2018/]check out this blog post.[/url] We look forward to receiving your feedback and seeing what you can create with FreeStyle!
Hi everyone,

We are very excited to get FreeStyle Game Filters into your hands! Let's use this thread to gather feedback on your experience - what do you like, what would you like to see, bugs, etc.

Known issue: FreeStyle is not opening after updating to latest GeForce Experience & Game Ready Driver. We recommend those users to reboot their system after installing updates.

Remember to update to the latest GeForce Experience & Game Ready Driver, have experimental features enabled, and press either Alt+F3 or Alt+Z and click on Game Filters to access FreeStyle. You can set keyboard shortcuts to toggle filters on/off and cycle through your 3 preset style slots within GeForce Experience settings.

If you create an awesome filter combination for a game, share it with us on this thread! To learn more about FreeStyle, check out this blog post.

We look forward to receiving your feedback and seeing what you can create with FreeStyle!

Posted 01/09/2018 05:33 PM   
Here are some examples of filters I made for PUBG! Original Image [img]https://a70ad2d16996820e6285-3c315462976343d903d5b3a03b69072d.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/24026dd6aa6057e6ab7ca83e74116a3b[/img] [b][u]Eye Candy[/u][/b] Color [.]Vibrance 100%[/.] Details [.]Bloom 25%[/.] Mood [.]Temperature 40%[/.] [img]https://a70ad2d16996820e6285-3c315462976343d903d5b3a03b69072d.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/b3733bb9f83294513d243b3248a9dc05[/img] [b][u]Battle Zone[/u][/b] Vignette [.]Intensity 100%[/.] Color [.]Vibrance 0%[/.] Contrast [.]Contrast 65%[/.] [img]https://a70ad2d16996820e6285-3c315462976343d903d5b3a03b69072d.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/1e8e121afc99b66d19b168393c303f0a[/img]
Here are some examples of filters I made for PUBG!

Original Image

Eye Candy
Color
  • Vibrance 100%
  • Details
  • Bloom 25%
  • Mood
  • Temperature 40%

Battle Zone
    Vignette
  • Intensity 100%
  • Color
  • Vibrance 0%
  • Contrast
  • Contrast 65%

Posted 01/09/2018 08:32 PM   
    how do we add support for games?
    how do we add support for games?

Posted 01/10/2018 12:21 AM   
    Why doesn't it work for me in Warface? I see it's in the supported list, but if I try to use Freestyle I get the message "A supported game is required to use this feature"... I am playing Warface downloaded from the site (through the My.com launcher) on a 1050.
    Why doesn't it work for me in Warface? I see it's in the supported list, but if I try to use Freestyle I get the message "A supported game is required to use this feature"... I am playing Warface downloaded from the site (through the My.com launcher) on a 1050.

Posted 01/10/2018 02:23 AM   
    This has been happening since I updated to v. 3.12.0.79. PUBG crashes during the intro portion of the game when you have logos for nvidia, vivox and other technologies. I tried to turn off overlay and the game was able to go through to the main menu. Then I turned off experimental mode and the game also was able to launch. I turned on the experimental features again and suddenly the game started to freeze at the intro. I also need to mention that I was able to play with the update earlier today, however, most of my videos came out corrupted playing pubg with lots of colors and artifacts. My system: Intel Core i5 4570 16GB RAM Windows 10 pro with latest updates
    This has been happening since I updated to v. 3.12.0.79.

PUBG crashes during the intro portion of the game when you have logos for nvidia, vivox and other technologies. I tried to turn off overlay and the game was able to go through to the main menu. Then I turned off experimental mode and the game also was able to launch. I turned on the experimental features again and suddenly the game started to freeze at the intro.

I also need to mention that I was able to play with the update earlier today, however, most of my videos came out corrupted playing pubg with lots of colors and artifacts.

My system:

Intel Core i5 4570
    16GB RAM
    Windows 10 pro with latest updates

Posted 01/10/2018 04:59 AM   
    Really love this new feature and would love to see it usable in more older gamess or usable regardless of if a game is officially supported or not. now onto a general geforce experience question.- i could have sworn geforce used to support dc universe online for optimization and such but it seems it no longer does.... would love to see it supported again and maybe to be included in the freestyle program as well
    Really love this new feature and would love to see it usable in more older gamess or usable regardless of if a game is officially supported or not.

now onto a general geforce experience question.- i could have sworn geforce used to support dc universe online for optimization and such but it seems it no longer does.... would love to see it supported again and maybe to be included in the freestyle program as well

Posted 01/10/2018 05:24 AM   
    so far this feature works fine, been use it on AC Origins and some other games im just hope Nvidia will make this feature work on every game (not only supported games)
    so far this feature works fine, been use it on AC Origins and some other games

im just hope Nvidia will make this feature work on every game (not only supported games)

Posted 01/10/2018 05:47 AM   
    One problem though: You have to enable the filters every time you start the game or tab-out. At least at my Computer.Thats annoying. I would like to have an option "Automatically enable when start the game" or something like this. Besides that the feature is amazing. Finally i can play CSGO with 200% digital vibrance :D
    One problem though:
    You have to enable the filters every time you start the game or tab-out. At least at my Computer.Thats annoying. I would like to have an option "Automatically enable when start the game" or something like this.

Besides that the feature is amazing. Finally i can play CSGO with 200% digital vibrance :D

Posted 01/10/2018 10:48 AM   
    As I said before. Freestyle is great improvement. Big step forward. But it has one seriously issue at the moment - it can generate huge stuttering and frame drops ( ~10 frames ) compared to Freestyle disabled - even while using simple effect. GTX 1080 SLI G-Sync. I tested it in Witcher 3. And I reported in another thread - Depth filter works only for some seconds - after that all screen is blurry.
    As I said before. Freestyle is great improvement. Big step forward. But it has one seriously issue at the moment - it can generate huge stuttering and frame drops ( ~10 frames ) compared to Freestyle disabled - even while using simple effect. GTX 1080 SLI G-Sync. I tested it in Witcher 3. And I reported in another thread - Depth filter works only for some seconds - after that all screen is blurry.

Posted 01/10/2018 11:05 AM   
    Two things: 1/ A lot more games need to be supported or even the ability to add unsupported games given the vast nature of PC gaming. We aren't console players, there's technically only a couple of titles on that list I actually play and not very often. Also personally if you could support Elite Dangerous that would be great. 2/ Profiles aren't automatically applied, you got to manually re-enable them each time you start the game. [quote="Vistula77"]As I said before. Freestyle is great improvement. Big step forward. But it has one seriously issue at the moment - it can generate huge stuttering and frame drops ( ~10 frames ) compared to Freestyle disabled - even while using simple effect. GTX 1080 SLI G-Sync. I tested it in Witcher 3. And I reported in another thread - Depth filter works only for some seconds - after that all screen is blurry.[/quote] It's post processing so it will use your gpu horsepower to apply the effects, however versus reshade it could do with some optimization.
    Two things:

1/ A lot more games need to be supported or even the ability to add unsupported games given the vast nature of PC gaming. We aren't console players, there's technically only a couple of titles on that list I actually play and not very often. Also personally if you could support Elite Dangerous that would be great.

2/ Profiles aren't automatically applied, you got to manually re-enable them each time you start the game.

Vistula77 said:As I said before. Freestyle is great improvement. Big step forward. But it has one seriously issue at the moment - it can generate huge stuttering and frame drops ( ~10 frames ) compared to Freestyle disabled - even while using simple effect. GTX 1080 SLI G-Sync. I tested it in Witcher 3. And I reported in another thread - Depth filter works only for some seconds - after that all screen is blurry.

It's post processing so it will use your gpu horsepower to apply the effects, however versus reshade it could do with some optimization.

Posted 01/10/2018 11:41 AM   
    Bummer, I've tried reinstalling driver, reinstalling experience, updating everything...the overlay has always shown (as I use shadowplay) and the new overlay buttons appear with the filters...but the filter just wont turn on. It keeps saying "a supported game is required to use this feature" No matter what I do, restarted 15x, reinstalled everything but it refuses to work. I understand its experimental so hopefully it gets figured out soon as this is a feature I'd like to use! If anyone has any ideas let me know please.
    Bummer, I've tried reinstalling driver, reinstalling experience, updating everything...the overlay has always shown (as I use shadowplay) and the new overlay buttons appear with the filters...but the filter just wont turn on. It keeps saying "a supported game is required to use this feature" No matter what I do, restarted 15x, reinstalled everything but it refuses to work. I understand its experimental so hopefully it gets figured out soon as this is a feature I'd like to use! If anyone has any ideas let me know please.

Posted 01/10/2018 12:24 PM   
    [quote="infraction15"] It's post processing so it will use your gpu horsepower to apply the effects, however versus reshade it could do with some optimization.[/quote] Right, but Reshade is less demanding, without stuttering while using advanced filters. In Freestyle simple contrast effect can stutter and hit frame rate. Or maybe it is not optimise for SLI, G-Sync at the moment ?
    infraction15 said:
    It's post processing so it will use your gpu horsepower to apply the effects, however versus reshade it could do with some optimization.

Right, but Reshade is less demanding, without stuttering while using advanced filters. In Freestyle simple contrast effect can stutter and hit frame rate. Or maybe it is not optimise for SLI, G-Sync at the moment ?

Posted 01/10/2018 12:30 PM   
    [quote="tjbelleville"]If anyone has any ideas let me know please.[/quote] It works only in-game. Run game and go to GF Experience overlay or just press alt+F3 in-game.
    tjbelleville said:If anyone has any ideas let me know please.

It works only in-game. Run game and go to GF Experience overlay or just press alt+F3 in-game.

Posted 01/10/2018 12:31 PM   
    [quote="Vistula77"][quote="tjbelleville"]If anyone has any ideas let me know please.[/quote] It works only in-game. Run game and go to GF Experience overlay or just press alt+F3 in-game.[/quote] Yeah I did that every time it still says the "a supported game is required to use this feature" I've read of this happening to other people. some people had to reinstall steam and csgo/pubg to get it to work.
    Vistula77 said:
    tjbelleville said:If anyone has any ideas let me know please.

It works only in-game. Run game and go to GF Experience overlay or just press alt+F3 in-game.

Yeah I did that every time it still says the "a supported game is required to use this feature" I've read of this happening to other people. some people had to reinstall steam and csgo/pubg to get it to work.

Posted 01/10/2018 01:28 PM   
    The Depth of Field effect doesn't work in Rainbow Six Siege. It just blurs out the entire screen and none of the settings seem to work. Am I doing something wrong?
    The Depth of Field effect doesn't work in Rainbow Six Siege. It just blurs out the entire screen and none of the settings seem to work. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted 01/10/2018 02:05 PM   
      1 / 5    
    Scroll To Top