Official 390.65 Game Ready WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 1/8/18)
  19 / 24    
[quote="mads1153"][quote="Vihhu"]Output dynamic range resets to limited at every reboot. Perhaps you should not use unpaid interns to code your drivers. Just a thought. I mean this really is as novice level mistake as one can make.[/quote] It's already answered by ManuelGuzmanNV about it will be fixed in next driver update in page 17 on this topic.[/quote] Why they use amateurs to do a pro's job part however, was not answered.
mads1153 said:
Vihhu said:Output dynamic range resets to limited at every reboot.

Perhaps you should not use unpaid interns to code your drivers. Just a thought.

I mean this really is as novice level mistake as one can make.

It's already answered by ManuelGuzmanNV about it will be fixed in next driver update in page 17 on this topic.

Why they use amateurs to do a pro's job part however, was not answered.

|CPU> Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz (Noctua NH-D14)|GPU> MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X @ 2000MHz|RAM> Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz CL9|MOB> ASRock Z87 OC Formula|PSU> Corsair AX860i|CAS>
Thermaltake Chaser A71|MON> Asus PB238Q (dual screen)|OPS> Windows 10 64-bit (Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD)

Posted 01/14/2018 07:28 AM   
The answer is simple. You think the problem is an easy one. Yet, I, even as a software developer, am uncertain of all of the intricacies and potential for difficult logic that is necessary to ensure that NVIDIA can maintain that setting, while Windows tries to do whatever it decides to do, to interfere. It could be very difficult logic indeed. So, for your "problem" of "why do they use amateurs", the answer is: You cannot know for sure how easy of a problem it is to fix. If I'm mistaken, and you are sure it is that easy, then perhaps you should apply to NVIDIA for a job, instead of being an assuming rude snob here on the forums. Good day.
The answer is simple.

You think the problem is an easy one. Yet, I, even as a software developer, am uncertain of all of the intricacies and potential for difficult logic that is necessary to ensure that NVIDIA can maintain that setting, while Windows tries to do whatever it decides to do, to interfere. It could be very difficult logic indeed.

So, for your "problem" of "why do they use amateurs", the answer is:
You cannot know for sure how easy of a problem it is to fix.

If I'm mistaken, and you are sure it is that easy, then perhaps you should apply to NVIDIA for a job, instead of being an assuming rude snob here on the forums.

Good day.

Posted 01/14/2018 12:06 PM   
[quote="Jacob Klein"]The answer is simple. You think the problem is an easy one. Yet, I, even as a software developer, am uncertain of all of the intricacies and potential for difficult logic that is necessary to ensure that NVIDIA can maintain that setting, while Windows tries to do whatever it decides to do, to interfere. It could be very difficult logic indeed. So, for your "problem" of "why do they use amateurs", the answer is: You cannot know for sure how easy of a problem it is to fix. If I'm mistaken, and you are sure it is that easy, then perhaps you should apply to NVIDIA for a job, instead of being an assuming rude snob here on the forums. Good day.[/quote] As a software dev, you should know that sometimes, shit happens. Meanwhile, the irony in morons like Vihhu calling them out for a mistake is hilarious, because I doubt he ever makes a mistake in his burger flipping orders.
Jacob Klein said:The answer is simple.

You think the problem is an easy one. Yet, I, even as a software developer, am uncertain of all of the intricacies and potential for difficult logic that is necessary to ensure that NVIDIA can maintain that setting, while Windows tries to do whatever it decides to do, to interfere. It could be very difficult logic indeed.

If I'm mistaken, and you are sure it is that easy, then perhaps you should apply to NVIDIA for a job, instead of being an assuming rude snob here on the forums.

Good day.

As a software dev, you should know that sometimes, shit happens. Meanwhile, the irony in morons like Vihhu calling them out for a mistake is hilarious, because I doubt he ever makes a mistake in his burger flipping orders.

i7 8700k
GB Aorus Gaming 7
1080 TI FE
LG 34UC89G
Win 10 Pro - 64 bit (FCU)
32gb memory (3466) Corsair Vengeance LPX
Seasonic 850 Focus

Posted 01/14/2018 03:16 PM   
For some reason driver install failed on fresh install of Win10 with all updates on my TR. Restart helped and allowed me to install driver, but I think Windows tried to install at same time and broke the Nvidia control panel. Tray icon did not open the control panel and there was no Nvidia control panel option when right clicking desktop. Restart and another install fixed the control panel. :P Yes I could have used DDU, but wanted to see if I could make it work without. :)
For some reason driver install failed on fresh install of Win10 with all updates on my TR.
Restart helped and allowed me to install driver, but I think Windows tried to install
at same time and broke the Nvidia control panel.
Tray icon did not open the control panel and there was no Nvidia control panel option
when right clicking desktop.
Restart and another install fixed the control panel. :P

Yes I could have used DDU, but wanted to see if I could make it work without. :)

i7-8700K@ 5.0 GHz Test Bunny 2
ROG Maximus X Hero (1003) - 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
NVIDIA Titan V (Volta)
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2, 1300W (New Rev.) - Samsung U28D590D Displaylink
Win10 Pro x64 16299.192

Threadripper 1950X Test Bunny 1
ROG Zenith Extreme (0902) - 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-32GTZ
2xSLI NVIDIA Titan Xp (Pascal) - Nvidia SLI HB Bridge 4-slot
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2, 1300W (Old Rev.) - Creative Sound Blaster X7
Win10 Pro x64 16299.192

i7-5960X @ 4.5/3.5 - NVIDIA Titan X (Pascal)
ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (1801) - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws4 3200
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 850W
Win10 Pro x64 16299.192
hatno.imgur.com // NINTENDO + NVIDIA // So Everyone Can Game^^ www.ablegamers.org

Posted 01/14/2018 03:46 PM   
Hi everyone, Im a complete noob and I do not have a single clue about drivers and stuff but my laptop just prompted me to download geforce experience the other day and since then my laptop has been unable to run any games at the usual fps (they look like complete ass right now). I suspect it's the drivers and am going to download the latest one available but (this might sound dumb af) this 390.65 driver says it's optimised for fortnite. I play everything but fortnite so do i download this one? Thanks
Hi everyone,

Im a complete noob and I do not have a single clue about drivers and stuff but my laptop just prompted me to download geforce experience the other day and since then my laptop has been unable to run any games at the usual fps (they look like complete ass right now). I suspect it's the drivers and am going to download the latest one available but (this might sound dumb af) this 390.65 driver says it's optimised for fortnite. I play everything but fortnite so do i download this one?

Thanks

Posted 01/14/2018 04:47 PM   
[quote="Jacob Klein"]The answer is simple. You think the problem is an easy one. Yet, I, even as a software developer, am uncertain of all of the intricacies and potential for difficult logic that is necessary to ensure that NVIDIA can maintain that setting, while Windows tries to do whatever it decides to do, to interfere. It could be very difficult logic indeed. So, for your "problem" of "why do they use amateurs", the answer is: You cannot know for sure how easy of a problem it is to fix. If I'm mistaken, and you are sure it is that easy, then perhaps you should apply to NVIDIA for a job, instead of being an assuming rude snob here on the forums. Good day.[/quote] If they would properly run a regression and checks before releasing a driver, that wouldn't happen. If Nvidia had more cooperation with Microsoft, that wouldn't happen either. How can you explain that Microsoft enforce the crap drivers 388.13 on all machine? It looks like a revenge towards Nvidia to force them to fix the mess.

Good day.

If they would properly run a regression and checks before releasing a driver,
that wouldn't happen.

If Nvidia had more cooperation with Microsoft, that wouldn't happen either.

How can you explain that Microsoft enforce the crap drivers 388.13 on all machine?
It looks like a revenge towards Nvidia to force them to fix the mess.

Posted 01/14/2018 05:05 PM   
Hi, I'm experiencing issues with my display after updating to the newest graphics driver. The issue I experience is gray/green vertical lines that appear throughout the entire left side of the screen, but mostly towards the bottom of the display. The lines only appear after doing the update, and if I uninstall and install an older driver the issue is resolved. The lines make the display unusable and I originally thought it was my display that was failing, but I used the display on another pc and it worked perfect, and that's when I decided to use an older driver on my PC and the issue was fixed. I have a GTX 1080 graphics card paired with a Acer Xb270hu Ips G-sync panel. The issue only appears at 100+ refresh rate when using a display port. I thought the issue was caused by a faulty display cable so I replaced the one I had and the issue went away but then shortly returned. I've only been able to successfully resolve this issue by back dating to an older driver Version. Can anyone help troubleshoot this issue. For the time being I'm using an older stable driver.
Hi,

I'm experiencing issues with my display after updating to the newest graphics driver. The issue I experience is gray/green vertical lines that appear throughout the entire left side of the screen, but mostly towards the bottom of the display. The lines only appear after doing the update, and if I uninstall and install an older driver the issue is resolved. The lines make the display unusable and I originally thought it was my display that was failing, but I used the display on another pc and it worked perfect, and that's when I decided to use an older driver on my PC and the issue was fixed.

I have a GTX 1080 graphics card paired with a Acer Xb270hu Ips G-sync panel. The issue only appears at 100+ refresh rate when using a display port. I thought the issue was caused by a faulty display cable so I replaced the one I had and the issue went away but then shortly returned. I've only been able to successfully resolve this issue by back dating to an older driver Version. Can anyone help troubleshoot this issue. For the time being I'm using an older stable driver.

Posted 01/14/2018 05:18 PM   
[quote="mondiex"]Hi, I'm experiencing issues with my display after updating to the newest graphics driver. The issue I experience is gray/green vertical lines that appear throughout the entire left side of the screen, but mostly towards the bottom of the display. The lines only appear after doing the update, and if I uninstall and install an older driver the issue is resolved. The lines make the display unusable and I originally thought it was my display that was failing, but I used the display on another pc and it worked perfect, and that's when I decided to use an older driver on my PC and the issue was fixed. I have a GTX 1080 graphics card paired with a Acer Xb270hu Ips G-sync panel. The issue only appears at 100+ refresh rate when using a display port. I thought the issue was caused by a faulty display cable so I replaced the one I had and the issue went away but then shortly returned. I've only been able to successfully resolve this issue by back dating to an older driver Version. Can anyone help troubleshoot this issue. For the time being I'm using an older stable driver.[/quote] Yo dude. Not sure what OS you're running, but if it'd Windows 10 with the Fall Creator Update, (FCU), then check out this thread. Might help. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1034191/geforce-drivers/after-installing-updating-to-windows-10-fall-creators-update-the-display-appears-corrupted-flashes-green/
mondiex said:Hi,

I'm experiencing issues with my display after updating to the newest graphics driver. The issue I experience is gray/green vertical lines that appear throughout the entire left side of the screen, but mostly towards the bottom of the display. The lines only appear after doing the update, and if I uninstall and install an older driver the issue is resolved. The lines make the display unusable and I originally thought it was my display that was failing, but I used the display on another pc and it worked perfect, and that's when I decided to use an older driver on my PC and the issue was fixed.

I have a GTX 1080 graphics card paired with a Acer Xb270hu Ips G-sync panel. The issue only appears at 100+ refresh rate when using a display port. I thought the issue was caused by a faulty display cable so I replaced the one I had and the issue went away but then shortly returned. I've only been able to successfully resolve this issue by back dating to an older driver Version. Can anyone help troubleshoot this issue. For the time being I'm using an older stable driver.

Yo dude. Not sure what OS you're running, but if it'd Windows 10 with the Fall Creator Update, (FCU), then check out this thread. Might help.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1034191/geforce-drivers/after-installing-updating-to-windows-10-fall-creators-update-the-display-appears-corrupted-flashes-green/

Intel® Core™ i7-5960X @ 3.9GHz; Asus X99-Deluxe; 64Gb DDR4 Hyper X Fury @ 2133MHz; 256Gb Samsung 850 Pro; EVGA Titan X SC; Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 27"; NZXT Kraken X61; Corsair AX1200i 1200W PSU 80+ Platinum; Phanteks Enthoo Luxe; Sennheiser GSX 1000; Audio-Technica ATH-ADG1X; Logitech G13; Logitech G900; SteelSeries QcK XXL; Windows 10 x64

Posted 01/14/2018 07:08 PM   
[quote="Qwixt"][quote="Jacob Klein"]The answer is simple. You think the problem is an easy one. Yet, I, even as a software developer, am uncertain of all of the intricacies and potential for difficult logic that is necessary to ensure that NVIDIA can maintain that setting, while Windows tries to do whatever it decides to do, to interfere. It could be very difficult logic indeed. So, for your "problem" of "why do they use amateurs", the answer is: You cannot know for sure how easy of a problem it is to fix. If I'm mistaken, and you are sure it is that easy, then perhaps you should apply to NVIDIA for a job, instead of being an assuming rude snob here on the forums. Good day.[/quote] As a software dev, you should know that sometimes, shit happens. Meanwhile, the irony in morons like Vihhu calling them out for a mistake is hilarious, because I doubt he ever makes a mistake in his burger flipping orders.[/quote] When I order a burger, I know what I'm doing. No matter how you try to spin this and defend a company, it still remains as beginner tier error.
Qwixt said:

Good day.

As a software dev, you should know that sometimes, shit happens. Meanwhile, the irony in morons like Vihhu calling them out for a mistake is hilarious, because I doubt he ever makes a mistake in his burger flipping orders.

When I order a burger, I know what I'm doing. No matter how you try to spin this and defend a company, it still remains as beginner tier error.

|CPU> Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz (Noctua NH-D14)|GPU> MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X @ 2000MHz|RAM> Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz CL9|MOB> ASRock Z87 OC Formula|PSU> Corsair AX860i|CAS>
Thermaltake Chaser A71|MON> Asus PB238Q (dual screen)|OPS> Windows 10 64-bit (Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD)

Posted 01/14/2018 07:43 PM   
980TI won't idle below 30% Power and 1190MHZ. Rolling back to 388.71 immediately resolved issue and I'm back to 135MHZ idle clock.
980TI won't idle below 30% Power and 1190MHZ. Rolling back to 388.71 immediately resolved issue and I'm back to 135MHZ idle clock.

Posted 01/14/2018 10:55 PM   
For those who are interested: [url=https://redd.it/7qcfc9][b]390.65 WHQL Driver Performance Benchmark[/b][/url] is Up. PD. I know [b]@xixou2[/b], for you this benchmarking will be useless, so perhaps you can save your predictable comment. Regards
For those who are interested: 390.65 WHQL Driver Performance Benchmark is Up.

PD. I know @xixou2, for you this benchmarking will be useless, so perhaps you can save your predictable comment. Regards

Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Black
Case cooling: Front In 2x140 | Rear Ex 1x140 | Top Ex 2x140 (All Cougar Black HB CFD14)
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700
CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X EU
Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M7 (MS-7976 / BIOS AMI v1.J0)
RAM: 32 GB (2x16 GB) DDR4-2133 Kingston HyperX Fury
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Factory OC / Driver v390.65)
Storage: Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB | Seagate ST2000DX001 SSHD 2TB SATA 3.1 | Seagate ST2000DX002 SSHD 2TB SATA 3.1
PSU: Corsair RM750x
Monitor: Samsung S24D300H 24" @ 1080p / 60Hz

Posted 01/14/2018 11:12 PM   
I've been experiencing a memory leak with the desktop windows manager (DWM.exe) (it also happens on 388.59), I'm not sure if the nvidia driver is to blame but it seems to be caused by video games being run in windowed/border-less windowed mode instead of fullscreen which makes me think the driver might be the cause, can you guys look into this? system specs: ryzen 1700, gtx 1070, 16 ddr4 @ 2933 (its g. skill flare x 3200), OS is on a 500gb SSD, music and stuff is on a 1tb HDD, Windows 10 pro 64bit (1709, build 16299.192)
I've been experiencing a memory leak with the desktop windows manager (DWM.exe) (it also happens on 388.59), I'm not sure if the nvidia driver is to blame but it seems to be caused by video games being run in windowed/border-less windowed mode instead of fullscreen which makes me think the driver might be the cause, can you guys look into this?

system specs: ryzen 1700, gtx 1070, 16 ddr4 @ 2933 (its g. skill flare x 3200), OS is on a 500gb SSD, music and stuff is on a 1tb HDD, Windows 10 pro 64bit (1709, build 16299.192)

Posted 01/14/2018 11:33 PM   
I've been unable to run Ark in SLI using this driver (390.65). I rolled back to the previous driver and it runs fine. Hoping this is resolved soon.
I've been unable to run Ark in SLI using this driver (390.65). I rolled back to the previous driver and it runs fine. Hoping this is resolved soon.

Posted 01/15/2018 12:24 AM   
[quote="bucefalo38"]Hello After installing the latest nvidia drivers (390.65), every time Turn off the computer appears a message "Nvfbcpluginwindow" and then it Shuts down correctly. The computer and my gtx 1060 runs fine. Someone else gets this problem?? Thanks[/quote] Did you find a fix for this? I get this also on shut down with a long hang wile waiting for this to close. I also get stutters, and hangs "In games" with this driver.
bucefalo38 said:Hello

After installing the latest nvidia drivers (390.65), every time Turn off the computer appears a message "Nvfbcpluginwindow" and then it Shuts down correctly.

The computer and my gtx 1060 runs fine.

Someone else gets this problem??

Thanks

Did you find a fix for this? I get this also on shut down with a long hang wile waiting for this to close.

I also get stutters, and hangs "In games" with this driver.

Posted 01/15/2018 03:02 AM   
[quote="Mythras420"]I've been experiencing a memory leak with the desktop windows manager (DWM.exe) (it also happens on 388.59), I'm not sure if the nvidia driver is to blame but it seems to be caused by video games being run in windowed/border-less windowed mode instead of fullscreen which makes me think the driver might be the cause, can you guys look into this? system specs: ryzen 1700, gtx 1070, 16 ddr4 @ 2933 (its g. skill flare x 3200), OS is on a 500gb SSD, music and stuff is on a 1tb HDD, Windows 10 pro 64bit (1709, build 16299.192)[/quote] That has always been there.
Mythras420 said:I've been experiencing a memory leak with the desktop windows manager (DWM.exe) (it also happens on 388.59), I'm not sure if the nvidia driver is to blame but it seems to be caused by video games being run in windowed/border-less windowed mode instead of fullscreen which makes me think the driver might be the cause, can you guys look into this?

system specs: ryzen 1700, gtx 1070, 16 ddr4 @ 2933 (its g. skill flare x 3200), OS is on a 500gb SSD, music and stuff is on a 1tb HDD, Windows 10 pro 64bit (1709, build 16299.192)

That has always been there.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 01/15/2018 03:39 AM   
  19 / 24    
Scroll To Top