Official 390.65 Game Ready WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 1/8/18)
  17 / 24    
I have not noticed the active/inactive issue that has been reported, or the Flickering (outside of some loading screens, but thats expected when the fps is single digits). I use it mainly with GTA5, NFS Online and Star Citizen, games that play better with low latency. And continue to play others with just DWM vsync on a borderless window. The first 10 release of 2018 is only a month and a bit away now, i'll be interested to see how it improves anything - but my plan is still to move to 8.x and onto 8.1 when extended support for 7 ends. Hopefully microsoft will wake up from its deluded state by the time 8.1 reaches end of support. 17074 is now out, fixing the audio issues that were introduced by 17063 *We fixed an issue in the audio service around app impersonation which was breaking audio recording from apps like Firefox which intentionally run with a restricted token. *We fixed an issue that could result in fullscreen games getting stuck minimized or exiting fullscreen status unexpectedly.
I have not noticed the active/inactive issue that has been reported, or the Flickering (outside of some loading screens, but thats expected when the fps is single digits).

I use it mainly with GTA5, NFS Online and Star Citizen, games that play better with low latency. And continue to play others with just DWM vsync on a borderless window.

The first 10 release of 2018 is only a month and a bit away now, i'll be interested to see how it improves anything - but my plan is still to move to 8.x and onto 8.1 when extended support for 7 ends.

Hopefully microsoft will wake up from its deluded state by the time 8.1 reaches end of support.

17074 is now out, fixing the audio issues that were introduced by 17063

*We fixed an issue in the audio service around app impersonation which was breaking audio recording from apps like Firefox which intentionally run with a restricted token.

*We fixed an issue that could result in fullscreen games getting stuck minimized or exiting fullscreen status unexpectedly.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 01/13/2018 05:34 AM   
[quote="Sora"] Hopefully microsoft will wake up from its deluded state by the time 8.1 reaches end of support. [/quote] Might as well wish for a flying pig. If you're planning to use 8 or 8.1, I'd say you'd be almost as well to switch to a linux distribution. And if you go open source, I'd also say go team red.
Sora said:
Hopefully microsoft will wake up from its deluded state by the time 8.1 reaches end of support.

Might as well wish for a flying pig. If you're planning to use 8 or 8.1, I'd say you'd be almost as well to switch to a linux distribution. And if you go open source, I'd also say go team red.

Win 10 x64 Pro FCU
Rampage V Extreme with EKWB Monoblock
i7 6950x 4.3 Core 1.30V 36 Cache 1.2V
32GB DDR4 3200 14-16-16-34 1T 1.32V
2x GTX1080Ti AORUS Waterblock Edition +50 Core +500 Mem +50 Core Voltage
4x 4TB RAID 0
Intel 750 1.2TB
Corsair AX1500i PSU
Club3D Display Port 1.2 -> HDMI 2.0 Converter ->65HU9000 4k Curve Samsung TV
HDMI ->HTC Vive - Deluxe Audio Strap - TPCast Wireless - Vive 'n Chill
Astro A50 Wireless 7.1 Dolby Headphones V2
Custom Water loop - 4x120MM Radiator with 8x Silent Typhoon Push & Pull
Caselabs M10 Magnum Custom case White & Green

Posted 01/13/2018 06:36 AM   
Just updated to this driver, Dropping below 30 FPS in R6 Siege when in combat or outside, on previous driver I was getting 70+ running GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, i7-4770k
Just updated to this driver, Dropping below 30 FPS in R6 Siege when in combat or outside, on previous driver I was getting 70+

running GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, i7-4770k

Posted 01/13/2018 07:22 AM   
[quote="One_Rifle"]Just updated to this driver, Dropping below 30 FPS in R6 Siege when in combat or outside, on previous driver I was getting 70+ running GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, i7-4770k[/quote] What if you uninstall 3D Vision and GeForce Experience? You have to fully uninstall them, "not running" is not enough.
One_Rifle said:Just updated to this driver, Dropping below 30 FPS in R6 Siege when in combat or outside, on previous driver I was getting 70+

What if you uninstall 3D Vision and GeForce Experience? You have to fully uninstall them, "not running" is not enough.

Gaming laptop ASUS G751JY
Chipset: Intel HM87 Lynx Point, CPU: i7-4860HQ, RAM: Kingston KHX2133C11S3L 24GB DDR3L 2133MHz, Gfx card: GTX 980M (GM204M, 10DE-1617/1043-22DA Rev A1, vBIOS v84.04.48.00.39), 4GB GDDR5 (Micron), OS: Windows 10 x64, Screen: G-Sync LG Philips LP173WF4-SPD1 (LGD046C) 17", desktop native res: 1920x1080 75Hz, Audio: Realtek HD.

Posted 01/13/2018 08:42 AM   
output dynamic range is always "limited" (on the second monitor, after rebooting or shutting down the computer, the settings are not saved), please correct. http://funkyimg.com/i/2BcfU.jpg GeForce GTX 770 my video card
output dynamic range is always "limited" (on the second monitor, after rebooting or shutting down the computer, the settings are not saved), please correct.
http://funkyimg.com/i/2BcfU.jpg

GeForce GTX 770 my video card

Posted 01/13/2018 08:46 AM   
[quote="AdiSimpson"]This old G-Sync behaivor / Bug is still not fixed. G-Sync is enable and working -> Starting Game with Profile G-Sync off/Fixed Refreshrate -> Game runs without G-Sync -> Now Starting Game with G-Sync enabled -> Tearing and G-Sync not working, you have to reenable G-Sync in the Settings. Please fix this finally.[/quote] I can't reproduce this. I use [i]G-Sync: Disallow[/i] through [url=https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Orbmu2k/nvidiaprofileinspector/build/artifacts]NVidiaProfileInspector[/url] for one game (Cue Club 2 on Steam), but after quitting this game G-Sync is perfectly working for me with other games where I've set vsync off: I see no tearing and everything is smooth as usual with G-Sync on. I use G-Sync off also for a couple of UWP apps from the MS Store to workaround ghosting effect while playing videos... and have no issues running g-sync ON games right after. What's the name of the 2 games to test?
AdiSimpson said:This old G-Sync behaivor / Bug is still not fixed.

G-Sync is enable and working ->
Starting Game with Profile G-Sync off/Fixed Refreshrate ->
Game runs without G-Sync ->
Now Starting Game with G-Sync enabled ->
Tearing and G-Sync not working, you have to reenable G-Sync in the Settings.

Please fix this finally.

I can't reproduce this.
I use G-Sync: Disallow through NVidiaProfileInspector for one game (Cue Club 2 on Steam), but after quitting this game G-Sync is perfectly working for me with other games where I've set vsync off: I see no tearing and everything is smooth as usual with G-Sync on.
I use G-Sync off also for a couple of UWP apps from the MS Store to workaround ghosting effect while playing videos... and have no issues running g-sync ON games right after.
What's the name of the 2 games to test?

Gaming laptop ASUS G751JY
Chipset: Intel HM87 Lynx Point, CPU: i7-4860HQ, RAM: Kingston KHX2133C11S3L 24GB DDR3L 2133MHz, Gfx card: GTX 980M (GM204M, 10DE-1617/1043-22DA Rev A1, vBIOS v84.04.48.00.39), 4GB GDDR5 (Micron), OS: Windows 10 x64, Screen: G-Sync LG Philips LP173WF4-SPD1 (LGD046C) 17", desktop native res: 1920x1080 75Hz, Audio: Realtek HD.

Posted 01/13/2018 08:53 AM   
[quote="AdiSimpson"]This old G-Sync behaivor / Bug is still not fixed. G-Sync is enable and working -> Starting Game with Profile G-Sync off/Fixed Refreshrate -> Game runs without G-Sync -> Now Starting Game with G-Sync enabled -> Tearing and G-Sync not working, you have to reenable G-Sync in the Settings. Please fix this finally.[/quote] Are you using a 3rd party app to enable profile with G-sync off/fixed refreshrate?
AdiSimpson said:This old G-Sync behaivor / Bug is still not fixed.

G-Sync is enable and working ->
Starting Game with Profile G-Sync off/Fixed Refreshrate ->
Game runs without G-Sync ->
Now Starting Game with G-Sync enabled ->
Tearing and G-Sync not working, you have to reenable G-Sync in the Settings.

Please fix this finally.

Are you using a 3rd party app to enable profile with G-sync off/fixed refreshrate?

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

I am also available on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/manuelguzman

Posted 01/13/2018 08:58 AM   
Yes with nvidiaprofileinspector its working when using dissallow. But when using driver control panel, you cant use dissallow, just fixed refreshrate and that is not working. Nvidia should allow also this disallow setting in drivercontrolpanel. Dont think that using 3rd partyapp should fix a driver feature.
Yes with nvidiaprofileinspector its working when using dissallow.
But when using driver control panel, you cant use dissallow, just fixed refreshrate and that is not working.

Nvidia should allow also this disallow setting in drivercontrolpanel.
Dont think that using 3rd partyapp should fix a driver feature.

i7 4790k 4,7 Ghz
Asus Z97-A
16GB G.Skill TridentX 2400Mhz
Gainward GTX 1080 GoesLikeHell
Philips 272G5DY 144hz G-Sync
Creative Sound Blaster Z
be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 550W
Nanoxia Deep Silence 2
Windows 10 Pro x64 16299.192

Posted 01/13/2018 09:05 AM   
[quote="liveonloan"]output dynamic range is always "limited" (on the second monitor, after rebooting or shutting down the computer, the settings are not saved), please correct. http://funkyimg.com/i/2BcfU.jpg GeForce GTX 770 my video card[/quote] I am sorry about this. We have a fix which should appear in our next driver.
liveonloan said:output dynamic range is always "limited" (on the second monitor, after rebooting or shutting down the computer, the settings are not saved), please correct.

http://funkyimg.com/i/2BcfU.jpg

GeForce GTX 770 my video card

I am sorry about this. We have a fix which should appear in our next driver.

We can't fix your bug if we can't reproduce it. Please provide as much details as possible including specs, steps to reproduce, graphics settings used, etc..

For GeForce driver issues, please leave feedback in driver feedback form: Driver Feedback

For SHIELD Android TV issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD feedback form: SHIELD Feedback

For SHIELD Tablet issues/requests, please leave feedback in the SHIELD Tablet feedback form: SHIELD Tablet Feedback

Posted 01/13/2018 09:06 AM   
[quote="One_Rifle"]Just updated to this driver, Dropping below 30 FPS in R6 Siege when in combat or outside, on previous driver I was getting 70+ running GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, i7-4770k[/quote] Are you running in Windowed or Full Screen mode? Which monitor make and model(s)? What OS? Any apps running in the background?
One_Rifle said:Just updated to this driver, Dropping below 30 FPS in R6 Siege when in combat or outside, on previous driver I was getting 70+

Are you running in Windowed or Full Screen mode? Which monitor make and model(s)? What OS? Any apps running in the background?

Posted 01/13/2018 09:07 AM   
[quote="TheADLA"]Hi there, concerning G-Sync issues. Those issues are real. For those who have G-Sync, they know what I mean. Following issue. The comparison is between driver 385.69 and the latest driver 390.65. It actually does concern ANY driver AFTER 385.69 ! Tested using Rise Of the Tomb Raider internal Benchmark (Very High Settings, FXAA). Specs: Core I7 7700K @ 5.0 Ghz, MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11, Windows 10 Pro, Viewsonic XG 2703-GS (1440p G-Sync, 144 Hz) Everything updated to this very day. Driver 390.65 CPU @ 5.0 Ghz, MSI GTX 1080Ti at normal profile: Average FPS 118.32 Major Micro-stuttering CPU @ 5.0 Ghz, MSI GTX 1080Ti overclocked with Afterburner +100 Core (max 2012 Ghz): Average FPS 123.63 Major Micro-stuttering Driver 385.69 CPU @ 5.0 Ghz, MSI GTX 1080Ti at normal profile: Average FPS 122.46 Ultra smooth, no Micro-Stuttering CPU @ 5.0 Ghz, MSI GTX 1080Ti overclocked with Afterburner +100 Core (max 2025 Ghz) : Avreage FPS 127.77, ultra smooth, no Micro-Stuttering That goes for all Games I use (for each driver testing, DDU was used) I know Nvidia always makes drivers for the best gaming experience and I also know we, the G-Sync users are somewhat a minority. But we believe in the G-Sync technology because it is awesome and we also pay a heck of money for those monitors. Please have a look into it because the problem is real. And us G-Sync users also count :-) I am on Team Green since the time it wasn't even called that. I am 42. My first GPU was the good old Riva TNT and I even participated in the contest back then to name the new Graphic cards line, although my suggestion was not GeForce lol. So please, just look into it :-) Thank you :-) [/quote] I should also mention that I always install drivers only. I do not install 3Dvision since I have no need for it. Neither do I install HD Audio (since I don't use HD Audio) or GFE (I don't need that either)
TheADLA said:Hi there,

concerning G-Sync issues. Those issues are real. For those who have G-Sync, they know what I mean. Following issue. The comparison is between driver 385.69 and the latest driver 390.65. It actually does concern ANY driver AFTER 385.69 ! Tested using Rise Of the Tomb Raider internal Benchmark (Very High Settings, FXAA).

Specs: Core I7 7700K @ 5.0 Ghz, MSI GTX 1080Ti Gaming X 11, Windows 10 Pro, Viewsonic XG 2703-GS (1440p G-Sync, 144 Hz)
Everything updated to this very day.

Driver 390.65

CPU @ 5.0 Ghz, MSI GTX 1080Ti at normal profile: Average FPS 118.32 Major Micro-stuttering
CPU @ 5.0 Ghz, MSI GTX 1080Ti overclocked with Afterburner +100 Core (max 2012 Ghz): Average FPS 123.63 Major Micro-stuttering

Driver 385.69

CPU @ 5.0 Ghz, MSI GTX 1080Ti at normal profile: Average FPS 122.46 Ultra smooth, no Micro-Stuttering
CPU @ 5.0 Ghz, MSI GTX 1080Ti overclocked with Afterburner +100 Core (max 2025 Ghz) : Avreage FPS 127.77, ultra smooth, no Micro-Stuttering

That goes for all Games I use (for each driver testing, DDU was used)

I know Nvidia always makes drivers for the best gaming experience and I also know we, the G-Sync users are somewhat a minority. But we believe in the G-Sync technology because it is awesome and we also pay a heck of money for those monitors. Please have a look into it because the problem is real. And us G-Sync users also count :-)

I am on Team Green since the time it wasn't even called that. I am 42. My first GPU was the good old Riva TNT and I even participated in the contest back then to name the new Graphic cards line, although my suggestion was not GeForce lol.

So please, just look into it :-)

Thank you :-)

I should also mention that I always install drivers only. I do not install 3Dvision since I have no need for it. Neither do I install HD Audio (since I don't use HD Audio) or GFE (I don't need that either)

Kaby Lake I7 7700K @5.0 GHZ (delidded)
MSI Z270 GAMING PRO Mainboard
Corsair H 110i GTX AIO
2 x 8 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @3200
Samsung NVMe 960 Evo 250 GB
Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB & 250 GB
MSI GTX 1080Ti GAMING X 11 GB
Corsair HX850i 850 Watt 80 Plus Platinum
Viewsonic XG 2703-GS 1440p, G-Sync, 144 Hz
Fractal Design Define R5 Case
Corsair STRAFE Mechanical Keyboard
Corsair KATAR Gaming Mouse

Posted 01/13/2018 09:30 AM   
So since this new driver, my "Output Dynamic Range" keeps defaulting to "limited" when Windows loads. It never done this before the driver update. My monitor does in fact let you choose and it's on 0-255, so I can't imagine why the GPU driver is changing things.
So since this new driver, my "Output Dynamic Range" keeps defaulting to "limited" when Windows loads. It never done this before the driver update. My monitor does in fact let you choose and it's on 0-255, so I can't imagine why the GPU driver is changing things.

Posted 01/13/2018 11:31 AM   
HDR does not work anymore in Shadow of War. The screen is in HDR mode but no more information about HDR settings in game and picture is SDR. Also when I exit the game whole winodws goes into black screen and I need to reboot my PC. It does not happen on the regular monitor.
HDR does not work anymore in Shadow of War.

The screen is in HDR mode but no more information about HDR settings in game and picture is SDR.

Also when I exit the game whole winodws goes into black screen and I need to reboot my PC.

It does not happen on the regular monitor.

Posted 01/13/2018 11:41 AM   
Latest driver regarding meltdown and spectre has way too many system interrupts. Also are seeing some latency, stutter in Destiny 2 with G-Sync/1440p, never had the issue before this driver. Win 10 ver 1709 build 16299.192 1080ti Latest BIOS ver. 1203 update (released 01/09/2018) for ASUS Maximus IX Code Z270 motherboard Everything was fine untill everyone started freaking out about these vulnerabilities now it's worse than it was. If it's not broke there's nothing to try to fix!
Latest driver regarding meltdown and spectre has way too many system interrupts. Also are seeing some latency, stutter in Destiny 2 with G-Sync/1440p, never had the issue before this driver.

Win 10
ver 1709
build 16299.192

1080ti

Latest BIOS ver. 1203 update (released 01/09/2018) for ASUS Maximus IX Code Z270 motherboard

Everything was fine untill everyone started freaking out about these vulnerabilities now it's worse than it was.

If it's not broke there's nothing to try to fix!

Posted 01/13/2018 11:48 AM   
After installing 390.65 (from 388.71), I started experiencing hard lockups in Planet Coaster. Hard drive activity would go to 100% for a minute, then drop to nothing, no CPU activity but the game was just frozen. A couple of times I was able to launch Program Manager to kill the game (which took as long as 10 minutes...) but usually I had to reset the computer power. General computer performance also seemed to be affected, though that might have been due to performing hard-resets to get it running again. Rolling back to 388.71, these issues disappeared. Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti System: AMD FX-8320 (8-core), 8 GB RAM
After installing 390.65 (from 388.71), I started experiencing hard lockups in Planet Coaster. Hard drive activity would go to 100% for a minute, then drop to nothing, no CPU activity but the game was just frozen. A couple of times I was able to launch Program Manager to kill the game (which took as long as 10 minutes...) but usually I had to reset the computer power.

General computer performance also seemed to be affected, though that might have been due to performing hard-resets to get it running again.

Rolling back to 388.71, these issues disappeared.

Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
System: AMD FX-8320 (8-core), 8 GB RAM

MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX-8320 (8-core) @3.51 GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 10 64-bit Home
Sandisk 480 GB SSD (system)
WD 3 TB 7200 RPM (data)

Posted 01/13/2018 12:40 PM   
  17 / 24    
Scroll To Top