How do I add app to home screen?
I am able to delete apps from my Shield tv home screen but I can't figure out how to add them. Just DL two programs, one added a shortcut automatically but the other didn't.
I am able to delete apps from my Shield tv home screen but I can't figure out how to add them. Just DL two programs, one added a shortcut automatically but the other didn't.

Posted 12/08/2017 12:27 AM   
Shortcuts will only show on the homescreen if they are compatible,maybe this is the problem with the one not showing? If that is the issue then you can use something like tv app repo from the playstore to make the shortcut for you
Shortcuts will only show on the homescreen if they are compatible,maybe this is the problem with the one not showing?

If that is the issue then you can use something like tv app repo from the playstore to make the shortcut for you

Posted 12/08/2017 08:34 AM   
Dare One inquire as to which Apps your trying to add? Sure Chrom Browser will work well enough with your Gamepad as a means of input, and virtual mouse. But, as Psyconn has intimated, only compatible Android TV Applications get to appear on the Homescreen. Everything else will remain hidden. Thankfully better minds than mine have come up with a decent work'round for this. It's called "Sideload Launcher", and you can find in in your local PlayStore. Opening that App from the Homescreen will reveal all of the hidden 'Executables' on your Device. Including Chrome.
Dare One inquire as to which Apps your trying to add?
Sure Chrom Browser will work well enough with your Gamepad as a means of input, and virtual mouse. But, as Psyconn has intimated, only compatible Android TV Applications get to appear on the Homescreen. Everything else will remain hidden.

Thankfully better minds than mine have come up with a decent work'round for this. It's called "Sideload Launcher", and you can find in in your local PlayStore. Opening that App from the Homescreen will reveal all of the hidden 'Executables' on your Device. Including Chrome.

Posted 12/08/2017 12:08 PM   
If an app isn't leanback compatible, use this app generator to create a leanback shortcut to it: http://atvlauncher.trekgonewild.de
If an app isn't leanback compatible, use this app generator to create a leanback shortcut to it:

http://atvlauncher.trekgonewild.de

Posted 12/08/2017 12:19 PM   
Double post.
Double post.

Posted 12/08/2017 12:20 PM   
Scroll To Top