Nvidia drivers causing freezing and audio buzzing? (sometimes even crashing)
Would anyone know a fix to a problem im having, I uninstalled the latest nvidia drivers as to put it shortly, it broke my 970. Anyways, Even after using Display Driver Uninstaller every time, whenever ive installed different version of drivers, after installation my audio buzzes and pc pc freezes for a second, on some occasions my pc even just simply went to a black screen and restarted. And it isnt just me experiencing this, my friend with a 980ti and another friends dad with two 780ti's in SLI are experiencing this too. (well, they're experiencing the random restarting, the audio issues are exclusive to me) **Edit Ive managed to fix it myself, i found that DDU removes the driver, but not the driver files, so i just simply deleted the Nvidia folder on my hard drive, did DDU one more time just in case, then once my pc rebooted i installed driver 385.69 (again, the newest drivers are basically just breaking gpu's) and now my 970 is working flawlessly.
Would anyone know a fix to a problem im having, I uninstalled the latest nvidia drivers as to put it shortly, it broke my 970. Anyways, Even after using Display Driver Uninstaller every time, whenever ive installed different version of drivers, after installation my audio buzzes and pc pc freezes for a second, on some occasions my pc even just simply went to a black screen and restarted. And it isnt just me experiencing this, my friend with a 980ti and another friends dad with two 780ti's in SLI are experiencing this too.

(well, they're experiencing the random restarting, the audio issues are exclusive to me)

**Edit

Ive managed to fix it myself, i found that DDU removes the driver, but not the driver files, so i just simply deleted the Nvidia folder on my hard drive, did DDU one more time just in case, then once my pc rebooted i installed driver 385.69 (again, the newest drivers are basically just breaking gpu's) and now my 970 is working flawlessly.

Posted 12/07/2017 05:49 PM   
388 drivers are quite unstable for many users of Maxwell v2 gpu's.
388 drivers are quite unstable for many users of Maxwell v2 gpu's.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 12/08/2017 12:47 AM   
Scroll To Top