Can I change my graphics card?
Hi, I have a 15-ae107TX; HP laptop. It's a good laptop, but I was looking at upgrading my existing graphics card (GeForce 940M). Firstly, I was wondering if you could change it? And secondly, I wanted to know what is the best graphics card I could replace it with?
Hi, I have a 15-ae107TX; HP laptop. It's a good laptop, but I was looking at upgrading my existing graphics card (GeForce 940M). Firstly, I was wondering if you could change it? And secondly, I wanted to know what is the best graphics card I could replace it with?

Posted 12/07/2017 08:56 AM   
no you cant really.. laptop are pretty much locked with whatever they came with. in theory you could change the gpu if the laptop offered multiple gpu.. however, this isnt always the case because the motherboard and housing are slightly different sometimes. throw it out and get a new laptop is pretty much what most laptop gamers have to deal with thats why towers for pc gaming is far superior for the cost given the flexibility for future upgrades
no you cant really.. laptop are pretty much locked with whatever they came with.

in theory you could change the gpu if the laptop offered multiple gpu.. however, this isnt always the case because the motherboard and housing are slightly different sometimes.

throw it out and get a new laptop is pretty much what most laptop gamers have to deal with

thats why towers for pc gaming is far superior for the cost given the flexibility for future upgrades

+ Cpu : I7-5820k - 4.6 Ghz 1.2v
+ Motherboard : Asus X99-A
+ Graphics Cards : ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080
+ Monitor : HP Omen 32
+ Projector : Acer K132
+ Ram : 16 gb (4 x 4 gb) Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666
+ SSD : 128 gb Samsung 840 Pro HDD : 2x 6 tb WD Blue
+ PSU : 1000w Seasonic Platinum-1000
+ Case : Thermaltake Suppressor F31
+ Cooler : Corsair H100i
+ Keyboard : Corsair Vengeance K70
+ OS : Windows 10 Pro 64 bit