Struggling to get 3d Vision set up. Seems like USB loop disconnect ?
I have bought a gen1 usb emitter with gen 1 glasses and an ASUS VG248 144hz 3D Vision ready monitor. I am using driver 388.43 on Windows 10 Home build 16299.64 Version 1709, all up to date drivers etc. It's running off a ASUS GTX1080 new I have tried clean install of drivers etc. Strange thing is... it worked to begin with then I came back and it's stuck in a loop during set up wizard where it keeps playing the usb "connect" sound on the page where you pick the shapes with left/right eyes etc. Tried charging the glasses overnight just to check that they were not the issue.... Even went down the route of "full initialisation" in the BIOS (or whatever it's called :-)" ..... disabled power save on usb... The 3d components are version 23.21.13.8843 Flat out of ideas ? anyone ?
I have bought a gen1 usb emitter with gen 1 glasses and an ASUS VG248 144hz 3D Vision ready monitor.

I am using driver 388.43 on Windows 10 Home build 16299.64 Version 1709, all up to date drivers etc.
It's running off a ASUS GTX1080 new
I have tried clean install of drivers etc.

Strange thing is... it worked to begin with then I came back and it's stuck in a loop during set up wizard where it keeps playing the usb "connect" sound on the page where you pick the shapes with left/right eyes etc.
Tried charging the glasses overnight just to check that they were not the issue....

Even went down the route of "full initialisation" in the BIOS (or whatever it's called :-)" ..... disabled power save on usb...

The 3d components are version 23.21.13.8843

Flat out of ideas ? anyone ?

Posted 12/07/2017 08:32 AM   
That doesn't sound too good.... Try using the advanced 3d settings management app from the helix site to bypass the setup wizard [url]http://helixmod.blogspot.co.nz/2015/10/advanced-3d-vision-configuration.html[/url]
That doesn't sound too good....

Try using the advanced 3d settings management app from the helix site to bypass the setup wizard

http://helixmod.blogspot.co.nz/2015/10/advanced-3d-vision-configuration.html

i7-4790K CPU
16 GB RAM Corsair domination series
EVGA 1080ti SLI
Samsung SSD 840 Pro
ASUS Z97-WS Motherboard
3D Surround ASUS Rog Swift PG278Q(R), 2x PG278Q (yes it works)
Obutto R3volution Cockpit
Windows 7 pro 64x (Windows 10 Dual boot)

Posted 12/08/2017 10:36 AM   
Also you can try updating USB driver if possible and trying all the USB3-USB2 ports. Powered or unpowered USB extenders can cause this problem if you're connecting 3DV emitter to one. Some devices that connected to USB ports can create incompatibilities. Disconnect all non essential devices from USB ports and try again. Some mainboards can cause issues with their own external USB3 ports that connect to the mainboard with a cable and installs to front 5.25 or 3.25 slots (even if you don't use them). Try disabling/removing any of these. If you can't find a solution, try using a PCI Express USB card. Lastly, with old mainboards overclocking can cause USB issues, with newer ones it's a very small possibility but keep in mind anyways.
Also you can try updating USB driver if possible and trying all the USB3-USB2 ports.

Powered or unpowered USB extenders can cause this problem if you're connecting 3DV emitter to one.

Some devices that connected to USB ports can create incompatibilities. Disconnect all non essential devices from USB ports and try again.

Some mainboards can cause issues with their own external USB3 ports that connect to the mainboard with a cable and installs to front 5.25 or 3.25 slots (even if you don't use them). Try disabling/removing any of these.

If you can't find a solution, try using a PCI Express USB card.

Lastly, with old mainboards overclocking can cause USB issues, with newer ones it's a very small possibility but keep in mind anyways.

Asus Deluxe Gen3, Core i7 2700k@4.5Ghz, GTX 1080Ti, 16 GB RAM, Win 7 64bit
Samsung Pro 250 GB SSD, 4 TB WD Black (games)
Benq XL2720Z

Posted 12/08/2017 12:26 PM   
Thanks guys for the suggestions, I think initially I will splurge on an extra USB card and see where we go from there. I too have a Z97 motherboard which seems to insist on oc'ing the power and cpu speed. I will one day work out how to set it to default.
Thanks guys for the suggestions, I think initially I will splurge on an extra USB card and see where we go from there. I too have a Z97 motherboard which seems to insist on oc'ing the power and cpu speed. I will one day work out how to set it to default.

Posted 12/09/2017 10:13 PM   
A friend of mine had an issue with his emitter disconnecting. You mentioned clean install, but did you try Display Driver Uninstaller? After purging the driver and a clean install of the driver, everything worked.
A friend of mine had an issue with his emitter disconnecting.
You mentioned clean install, but did you try Display Driver Uninstaller?
After purging the driver and a clean install of the driver, everything worked.

i7-4770k @ 4.3GHz
EVGA GTX 1080Ti
16GB 2400MHz DDR3
1TB SanDisk SSD
2TB 7200RPM HDD
Windows 10 x64

Posted 12/09/2017 11:57 PM   
Scroll To Top