Windows Reserved 6gb of ram for no reason
I'm not 100% sure yet but this is what's happening, after installing the latest update for the driver, I went ahead and restarted my computer like normal, after the restart I noticed that only 2GB of my ram was usable and the other 6GBs were "Reserved" for Bios and Driver usage, the only thing I downloaded/installed that day was the Nvidia GeForce Experience driver update which fixed a lot of bugs, but probably created this one. I've been trying to fix this, went into the bios "menu" and didn't seem to find anything. If you know that it's the driver's fault, then please fix this because I can't use my computer now. If it's not your fault then please send me an email telling me that it's not the driver's fault, and if you know how I can fix this please have that also in the email. [right]sincerely, Angel[/right]
I'm not 100% sure yet but this is what's happening, after installing the latest update for the driver, I went ahead and restarted my computer like normal, after the restart I noticed that only 2GB of my ram was usable and the other 6GBs were "Reserved" for Bios and Driver usage, the only thing I downloaded/installed that day was the Nvidia GeForce Experience driver update which fixed a lot of bugs, but probably created this one.

I've been trying to fix this, went into the bios "menu" and didn't seem to find anything.

If you know that it's the driver's fault, then please fix this because I can't use my computer now.
If it's not your fault then please send me an email telling me that it's not the driver's fault, and if you know how I can fix this please have that also in the email.

sincerely, Angel

Posted 12/07/2017 08:06 AM   
32bit windows install?
32bit windows install?

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 12/07/2017 08:42 AM   
Scroll To Top