Asus Nvidia GTX 1070 CRAP!
So I bought a brand new ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Edition Card brand new from ASUS. It ran great for about 2 months no issues. Playing PUBG and other FPS games on it. Well last week I moved from my NZXT case to my Thermaltake P3 Core case. I removed my ASUS GTX 1070 and was able to get a look at the awesome card once again. Well unfortunately I noticed one of the fan blades was missing! It was just gone. I checked my NZXT case and found it, sitting at the bottom of my case. So what did I do? Call ASUS just like most would do. Remember this is a brand new card basically. I have warranty right? Wrong. I'm on the phone with ASUS right now as I type this. Talking to a gentlemen about getting my card fixed under warranty. Well that's not possible. They will not cover it under warranty because it's physical damage. HELLO, the fan fell off the card! Someone didn't put it together correctly. How is this my fault. Long phone conversation later, they will not fix the card under warranty. So okay, how much could it be to fix. I asked, they want $459 PLUS shipping to fix the damn card. This is crazy. I can just go buy a brand new card for that price. I asked to speak to a manager and that's where I am currently at. I hope they do the right thing but from the sounds of it they won't do a damn thing. This is my review. I will be posting this on every PC forum I can find. Please share with your friends and stay away from ASUS products. Even though, they were my favorite brand out of all their competitors. ASUS, you lost a customer that uses nothing but ASUS products. (I currently have a GTX 1080 Ti as well as other ASUS cards)
So I bought a brand new ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Edition Card brand new from ASUS. It ran great for about 2 months no issues. Playing PUBG and other FPS games on it. Well last week I moved from my NZXT case to my Thermaltake P3 Core case. I removed my ASUS GTX 1070 and was able to get a look at the awesome card once again. Well unfortunately I noticed one of the fan blades was missing! It was just gone. I checked my NZXT case and found it, sitting at the bottom of my case.

So what did I do? Call ASUS just like most would do. Remember this is a brand new card basically. I have warranty right? Wrong.

I'm on the phone with ASUS right now as I type this. Talking to a gentlemen about getting my card fixed under warranty. Well that's not possible. They will not cover it under warranty because it's physical damage. HELLO, the fan fell off the card! Someone didn't put it together correctly. How is this my fault. Long phone conversation later, they will not fix the card under warranty. So okay, how much could it be to fix. I asked, they want $459 PLUS shipping to fix the damn card. This is crazy. I can just go buy a brand new card for that price.

I asked to speak to a manager and that's where I am currently at. I hope they do the right thing but from the sounds of it they won't do a damn thing.

This is my review. I will be posting this on every PC forum I can find. Please share with your friends and stay away from ASUS products. Even though, they were my favorite brand out of all their competitors.

ASUS, you lost a customer that uses nothing but ASUS products. (I currently have a GTX 1080 Ti as well as other ASUS cards)

Posted 12/06/2017 06:59 PM   
Manager didn't do anything either. So I'm stuck with a card that's running too hot now because the fan won't keep it cool in the center. The best part is I can order a new fan and replace it myself for $28 (OEM ASUS Fan, same fan in the card now) BUT if I do that I loose the warranty on the car. (lol)
Manager didn't do anything either. So I'm stuck with a card that's running too hot now because the fan won't keep it cool in the center.

The best part is I can order a new fan and replace it myself for $28 (OEM ASUS Fan, same fan in the card now) BUT if I do that I loose the warranty on the car. (lol)

Posted 12/06/2017 07:20 PM   
you can get the fan online and install it yourself. but you'd rather post this shit across multiple forums, and theres a high likelihood that you did indeed cause the damage. as long as you install the exact same fan, theres almost no chance asus will even be able to tell you did.
you can get the fan online and install it yourself.

but you'd rather post this shit across multiple forums, and theres a high likelihood that you did indeed cause the damage.

as long as you install the exact same fan, theres almost no chance asus will even be able to tell you did.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

Specs:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:ROG PG279Q, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX200 250
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme

WIP:
CPU:Intel Xeon x5660, Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 LP
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Palit Geforce GTX 550ti
Monitor:Pending, Sound:Pending
SDD:Pending
HDD:Pending
Case:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight True Spirit 120M

Posted 12/06/2017 07:21 PM   
[quote="Sora"]you can get the fan online and install it yourself. but you'd rather post this shit across multiple forums, and theres a high likelihood that you did indeed cause the damage. as long as you install the exact same fan, theres almost no chance asus will even be able to tell you did.[/quote] Yeah I'll post this "shit" on every forum to warn people about this and there crappy customer service. Telling me $459 to fix it. It's a review.
Sora said:you can get the fan online and install it yourself.

but you'd rather post this shit across multiple forums, and theres a high likelihood that you did indeed cause the damage.

as long as you install the exact same fan, theres almost no chance asus will even be able to tell you did.

Yeah I'll post this "shit" on every forum to warn people about this and there crappy customer service. Telling me $459 to fix it. It's a review.

Posted 12/06/2017 07:28 PM   
And I didn't damage the fan. Not my first time building PCs. I've built a lot for myself and also build them for other people. I have multiple rigs with ASUS cards. GTX 1080s, 1070s, and some GTX 1080 Ti. Also build mining rigs as well. The fan removed itself because of poor quality control. Screws weren't tight and it came out and then the spinning fan damaged itself on the way out by hitting "shit".
And I didn't damage the fan. Not my first time building PCs. I've built a lot for myself and also build them for other people. I have multiple rigs with ASUS cards. GTX 1080s, 1070s, and some GTX 1080 Ti. Also build mining rigs as well. The fan removed itself because of poor quality control. Screws weren't tight and it came out and then the spinning fan damaged itself on the way out by hitting "shit".

Posted 12/06/2017 07:30 PM   
so you claim. Ive never heard of a fan just falling out unless user error but thats with case fans. the blade just falling out of the housing doesnt make sense at all because you physically have to pull the fan out with a lot of force. not to mention the cable would remain connected.. so if it indeed did fail from a lose screw, then youd hear a sound from the fan hitting the graphics card or something as it dangles by the power cable what you are claiming is basically impossible and that's why your claim was denied. hell put the old fan back in and send it back for rma. they dont keep track of serial numbers on a fan the only thing that usually is there to tell if you opened the card is a little sticker on one of the screws for the graphics card. the fan is attached to the shroud which doesnt usually even require taking the heat sink off or messing with the sticker on the screw
so you claim.

Ive never heard of a fan just falling out unless user error but thats with case fans.

the blade just falling out of the housing doesnt make sense at all because you physically have to pull the fan out with a lot of force. not to mention the cable would remain connected.. so if it indeed did fail from a lose screw, then youd hear a sound from the fan hitting the graphics card or something as it dangles by the power cable

what you are claiming is basically impossible and that's why your claim was denied.

hell put the old fan back in and send it back for rma.

they dont keep track of serial numbers on a fan

the only thing that usually is there to tell if you opened the card is a little sticker on one of the screws for the graphics card.

the fan is attached to the shroud which doesnt usually even require taking the heat sink off or messing with the sticker on the screw

+ Cpu : I7-5820k - 4.6 Ghz 1.2v
+ Motherboard : Asus X99-A
+ Graphics Cards : ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080
+ Monitor : HP Omen 32
+ Projector : Acer K132
+ Ram : 16 gb (4 x 4 gb) Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666
+ SSD : 128 gb Samsung 840 Pro HDD : 2x 6 tb WD Blue
+ PSU : 1000w Seasonic Platinum-1000
+ Case : Thermaltake Suppressor F31
+ Cooler : Corsair H100i
+ Keyboard : Corsair Vengeance K70
+ OS : Windows 10 Pro 64 bit