ASUS GeForce ROG STRIX GAMING GTX1070 OC DirectCU III, 8GB GDDR5 , drivers problem
Hi. I have bought ASUS GeForce ROG STRIX GAMING GTX1070 OC DirectCU III, 8GB GDDR5 in December 2016. It worked fine with drivers that came with it, and a few after, but I think even some December 2016 drivers it went bad, January was same, so I got back to old drivers and never switched to new ones. The issues were mainly with alt-tabbing causing black screen that could only be resolved by reboot. Today Windows have overriden me and installed new graphic driver(not the most recent one). Tried playing Tom Clancy Raibow Six Siege, game was stucked at 1280*720 either window or borderless mode (either is practically unplayable). I have installed even more recent driver, (388.43), still same. With Geforce Experience, if I try to set settings to recommended, it says it sets to fullscreen and 3840*2160DSR, however in fact when I launch the game it is still stucked at 1280*720 window/borderless mode. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong, what can I do, please? EDIT: At the moment I have still one year of warranty left... but if I can fix it myself it would be preferable. Don't want to get stucked with old drivers forever though...
Hi.
I have bought
ASUS GeForce ROG STRIX GAMING GTX1070 OC DirectCU III, 8GB GDDR5
in December 2016.
It worked fine with drivers that came with it, and a few after, but I think even some December 2016 drivers it went bad, January was same, so I got back to old drivers and never switched to new ones.
The issues were mainly with alt-tabbing causing black screen that could only be resolved by reboot.

Today Windows have overriden me and installed new graphic driver(not the most recent one). Tried playing Tom Clancy Raibow Six Siege, game was stucked at 1280*720 either window or borderless mode (either is practically unplayable).
I have installed even more recent driver, (388.43), still same.
With Geforce Experience, if I try to set settings to recommended, it says it sets to fullscreen and 3840*2160DSR, however in fact when I launch the game it is still stucked at 1280*720 window/borderless mode.
Does anyone have any idea what's wrong, what can I do, please?

EDIT: At the moment I have still one year of warranty left... but if I can fix it myself it would be preferable. Don't want to get stucked with old drivers forever though...

Posted 12/06/2017 06:47 PM   
EDIT2: I opened NVidia settings, clicked to set 3840*2160DSR, cancelled, now the card seems to behave again (can select fullscreen and 1980*1080). What the hell?
EDIT2: I opened NVidia settings, clicked to set 3840*2160DSR, cancelled, now the card seems to behave again (can select fullscreen and 1980*1080). What the hell?

Posted 12/06/2017 06:55 PM   
Scroll To Top