Computer started freezing when i followed a fps guide, i did everything in reverse but it still keep...
This is the guide i followed, i followed the steps up to minute 14~. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjJVjHWeHoY&t=543s When i saw that it did nothing and my computer started to freeze, not only the game but the whole computer i did everything in reverse to try to undo the settings, but it didnt help, anyone knows what might be wrong?
This is the guide i followed, i followed the steps up to minute 14~.

When i saw that it did nothing and my computer started to freeze, not only the game but the whole computer i did everything in reverse to try to undo the settings, but it didnt help, anyone knows what might be wrong?

Posted 12/06/2017 02:40 PM   
. Can't watch that whole thing to get to Step 14. Problem I see started at the Download. CCLeaner, though is a GOOD program, I do not know what version is packed in there. Problem is that just about 1-2 months back, PIRIFORMs download was [url=https://www.piriform.com/news/blog/2017/9/18/security-notification-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users]hacked and an INFECTED version was being distributed[/url]. So, downloading a PACK with CCLeaner in there is the fast way to continue spreading it. After installing CCleaner, you want to Disable the STARTUP of itself. Then, there are those config files. ================== If you'll list out Every step you took. ================== Where I would likely start knowing nothing about the guide is first double check the system with ESET Online Scanner And then Malwarebytes. Settings for ESET: [IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn286/Greybear1n2/Repetitive/ESET_Settings_zpskuyoewwa.png[/IMG] On Malwarebytes, make sure not to ACCEPT the 30day Active scan Trial. After you have used it to Scan, set the STARTUP to Disabled, set the SERVICE to Manual. Then I would: Download [url=http://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v17075-released]DDU[/url] (get the 17.0.7.5): [.]Install DDU[/.] Hold [SHIFT] and click on RESTART Windows. [.]you will end up in Safe mode[/.] Cannot use PIN, must use Account password to enter SAFE MODE Run DDU: [.]Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers[/.] [.]Select: Clean, Do not Restart[/.] [.]Shutdown the computer[/.] Run the [url=http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab]Microsoft Show hide tool[/url] [.]Hide all NVIDIA software and driver[/.] [.]Run it again to make sure there are no more, if more appear, [color="orange"]keep rerunning[/color][/.] Download this [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/382.33/382.33-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe]382.33[/url] driver [.]Run DOWNLOAD package[/.] [.]Select: CUSTOM[/.] [.]Check the CLEAN INSTALL box[/.] [.]Finish install[/.] [.][color="orange"]Reboot[/color][/.] If you have a DRIVER version that you KNOW worked great for you, if it is in the DEFAULT locations: C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\xxx.xx\Win10_64\International\SETUP.exe <<----run that file. xxx.xx is the version .

Can't watch that whole thing to get to Step 14.

Problem I see started at the Download.

CCLeaner, though is a GOOD program, I do not know what version is packed in there. Problem is that just about 1-2 months back, PIRIFORMs download was hacked and an INFECTED version was being distributed. So, downloading a PACK with CCLeaner in there is the fast way to continue spreading it.

After installing CCleaner, you want to Disable the STARTUP of itself.

Then, there are those config files.

==================

If you'll list out Every step you took.

==================

Where I would likely start knowing nothing about the guide is first double check the system with ESET Online Scanner

And then Malwarebytes.

Settings for ESET:

On Malwarebytes, make sure not to ACCEPT the 30day Active scan Trial. After you have used it to Scan, set the STARTUP to Disabled, set the SERVICE to Manual.

Then I would:

Download DDU (get the 17.0.7.5):
  • Install DDU

• Hold [SHIFT] and click on RESTART Windows.
  • you will end up in Safe mode
  • Cannot use PIN, must use Account password to enter SAFE MODE

Run DDU:
  • Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers
  • Select: Clean, Do not Restart
  • Shutdown the computer

• Run the Microsoft Show hide tool
  • Hide all NVIDIA software and driver
  • Run it again to make sure there are no more, if more appear, keep rerunning

• Download this 382.33 driver
  • Run DOWNLOAD package
  • Select: CUSTOM
  • Check the CLEAN INSTALL box
  • Finish install
  • Reboot

• If you have a DRIVER version that you KNOW worked great for you, if it is in the DEFAULT locations:
    C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\xxx.xx\Win10_64\International\SETUP.exe <<----run that file.

xxx.xx is the version

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
    Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 12/07/2017 03:00 AM   
    [quote="Greybear"]. Can't watch that whole thing to get to Step 14. Problem I see started at the Download. CCLeaner, though is a GOOD program, I do not know what version is packed in there. Problem is that just about 1-2 months back, PIRIFORMs download was [url=https://www.piriform.com/news/blog/2017/9/18/security-notification-for-ccleaner-v5336162-and-ccleaner-cloud-v1073191-for-32-bit-windows-users]hacked and an INFECTED version was being distributed[/url]. So, downloading a PACK with CCLeaner in there is the fast way to continue spreading it. After installing CCleaner, you want to Disable the STARTUP of itself. Then, there are those config files. ================== If you'll list out Every step you took. ================== Where I would likely start knowing nothing about the guide is first double check the system with ESET Online Scanner And then Malwarebytes. Settings for ESET: [IMG]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn286/Greybear1n2/Repetitive/ESET_Settings_zpskuyoewwa.png[/IMG] On Malwarebytes, make sure not to ACCEPT the 30day Active scan Trial. After you have used it to Scan, set the STARTUP to Disabled, set the SERVICE to Manual. Then I would: Download [url=http://www.wagnardsoft.com/content/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v17075-released]DDU[/url] (get the 17.0.7.5): [.]Install DDU[/.] Hold [SHIFT] and click on RESTART Windows. [.]you will end up in Safe mode[/.] Cannot use PIN, must use Account password to enter SAFE MODE Run DDU: [.]Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers[/.] [.]Select: Clean, Do not Restart[/.] [.]Shutdown the computer[/.] Run the [url=http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f22d5fdb-59cd-4275-8c95-1be17bf70b21/wushowhide.diagcab]Microsoft Show hide tool[/url] [.]Hide all NVIDIA software and driver[/.] [.]Run it again to make sure there are no more, if more appear, [color="orange"]keep rerunning[/color][/.] Download this [url=http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/382.33/382.33-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe]382.33[/url] driver [.]Run DOWNLOAD package[/.] [.]Select: CUSTOM[/.] [.]Check the CLEAN INSTALL box[/.] [.]Finish install[/.] [.][color="orange"]Reboot[/color][/.] If you have a DRIVER version that you KNOW worked great for you, if it is in the DEFAULT locations: C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\xxx.xx\Win10_64\International\SETUP.exe <<----run that file. xxx.xx is the version .[/quote] I used ccleaner that i alrdy had on my computer, maybe it dont matter since i downloaded the whole package what he recomened. The steps I took : 1 changed the settings in steam to override high DPI scaling behaviour, And Dissable full screen optimasation. I did this to both the rust and rust client in steam folder. 2 I added this to launch option for rust -high -malloc=system -nolog 3 I went to msconfig and changed in the boot option to highlight the highest number of prosessors it could find and i selected it and pressed apply. 4 I went to services, and dissabeled the service called superfetch 5 I unparked my cpus with the program, there were totally 2 cpus that i could unpark. These are the steps i took, after this my computer started to freeze, the whole computer not only the game. So i went back and did everything in reverse to try to make it go away but it never did.
    Greybear said:.

Can't watch that whole thing to get to Step 14.

Problem I see started at the Download.

CCLeaner, though is a GOOD program, I do not know what version is packed in there. Problem is that just about 1-2 months back, PIRIFORMs download was hacked and an INFECTED version was being distributed. So, downloading a PACK with CCLeaner in there is the fast way to continue spreading it.

After installing CCleaner, you want to Disable the STARTUP of itself.

Then, there are those config files.

==================

If you'll list out Every step you took.

==================

Where I would likely start knowing nothing about the guide is first double check the system with ESET Online Scanner

And then Malwarebytes.

Settings for ESET:

On Malwarebytes, make sure not to ACCEPT the 30day Active scan Trial. After you have used it to Scan, set the STARTUP to Disabled, set the SERVICE to Manual.

Then I would:

Download DDU (get the 17.0.7.5):
  • Install DDU

• Hold [SHIFT] and click on RESTART Windows.
  • you will end up in Safe mode
  • Cannot use PIN, must use Account password to enter SAFE MODE

Run DDU:
  • Select: NVIDIA software and Drivers
  • Select: Clean, Do not Restart
  • Shutdown the computer

• Run the Microsoft Show hide tool
  • Hide all NVIDIA software and driver
  • Run it again to make sure there are no more, if more appear, keep rerunning

• Download this 382.33 driver
  • Run DOWNLOAD package
  • Select: CUSTOM
  • Check the CLEAN INSTALL box
  • Finish install
  • Reboot

• If you have a DRIVER version that you KNOW worked great for you, if it is in the DEFAULT locations:
    C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\xxx.xx\Win10_64\International\SETUP.exe <<----run that file.

xxx.xx is the version

I used ccleaner that i alrdy had on my computer, maybe it dont matter since i downloaded the whole package what he recomened.

The steps I took : 1 changed the settings in steam to override high DPI scaling behaviour, And Dissable full screen optimasation. I did this to both the rust and rust client in steam folder.

2 I added this to launch option for rust -high -malloc=system -nolog

3 I went to msconfig and changed in the boot option to highlight the highest number of prosessors it could find and i selected it and pressed apply.

4 I went to services, and dissabeled the service called superfetch

5 I unparked my cpus with the program, there were totally 2 cpus that i could unpark.

These are the steps i took, after this my computer started to freeze, the whole computer not only the game.
    So i went back and did everything in reverse to try to make it go away but it never did.

Posted 12/07/2017 03:28 AM   
    . You rebooted after the MSCONFIG CPU count? You rebooted after running the CPU Unpark? =============== Make sure the [url=https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6239-DZCB-8600]XBOX DVR[/url] is disabled. .

You rebooted after the MSCONFIG CPU count?
    You rebooted after running the CPU Unpark?

===============

Make sure the XBOX DVR is disabled.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 12/07/2017 03:54 AM   
    [quote="Greybear"]. You rebooted after the MSCONFIG CPU count? You rebooted after running the CPU Unpark? =============== Make sure the [url=https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6239-DZCB-8600]XBOX DVR[/url] is disabled. .[/quote] I rebooted once only after CPU Unpark, and before that i did MSCONFIG CPU count and i didnt reboot
    Greybear said:.

You rebooted after the MSCONFIG CPU count?
    You rebooted after running the CPU Unpark?

===============

Make sure the XBOX DVR is disabled.

I rebooted once only after CPU Unpark, and before that i did MSCONFIG CPU count and i didnt reboot

Posted 12/07/2017 08:02 AM   
    . That was a two part response, did you make sure XBOX DVR is disabled? ============ Rerun the CPU park program and get the screenshots of it. Just the park where it shows the cores. Do not run the Unpark feature. It was my understanding that Windows 10 did not park them when the Power Profile was set to High Performance. [win]+[x] > Task Manager > Performance(tab) > Open Resource Monitor > CPU (tab) .... right side shows the Cores....are any parked? Get me a screenshot of the MSCONFIG > Boot > Advanced Options box as well. .

That was a two part response, did you make sure XBOX DVR is disabled?

============

Rerun the CPU park program and get the screenshots of it. Just the park where it shows the cores. Do not run the Unpark feature.

It was my understanding that Windows 10 did not park them when the Power Profile was set to High Performance.

[win]+[x] > Task Manager > Performance(tab) > Open Resource Monitor > CPU (tab) .... right side shows the Cores....are any parked?

Get me a screenshot of the MSCONFIG > Boot > Advanced Options box as well.

Posted 12/08/2017 04:44 AM   
    Scroll To Top